gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:00:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 431
Total: 431

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cellcert 7/6/07 :: Something's HAWT in Houston! *Spoilers Inside!*  (Read 90218 times)
sailorstarnite
« Reply #540 on: July 07, 2007, 12:23:55 PM »

per Corabeth at CH, banter after "Without You" was:

Someone is taking notes because she's following the rules about no camera.
He took the paper and graded it. He gave her a "C"

Hi everyone, I'm new to the boards - I'm also the one who was "taking notes". What really happened:
Because we weren't allowed to have a camera, my mother had brought a sketch pad and pen so that I (an artist for as long as I can remember) could sketch him during the show. I wasn't expecting any attention, so I practically turned purple when he started talking to me. Clay said he liked the sketch, scurried around the stage until he could show it to the cameras, and then took my pen and autographed it. Someone on the front row started to object to him signing something during the show so he made the crack about "grading it" and "giving it a C".

Probably one of the most surprising moments of my life to date!
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #541 on: July 07, 2007, 12:36:54 PM »

Very cool Sailor! I am sure THAT is a keeper!!!

How did the sketch turn out?

Lora
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #542 on: July 07, 2007, 12:46:51 PM »

sailor,

What a great story to have! That must have been so cool for you!

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
sailorstarnite
« Reply #543 on: July 07, 2007, 01:06:37 PM »

The sketch wasn't a masterpiece - I was using pen on yellow lined paper - but it wasn't terrible. =)
Once I get a scan of it, I might post it somewhere just so I can prove it happened!  Laughing
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #544 on: July 07, 2007, 01:53:55 PM »

The sketch wasn't a masterpiece - I was using pen on yellow lined paper - but it wasn't terrible. =)
Once I get a scan of it, I might post it somewhere just so I can prove it happened!  Laughing

Hello Sailor,

Is this your artwork?

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #545 on: July 07, 2007, 01:56:03 PM »

How cool is that!!!! great picture Sailor!!! Clapping

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #546 on: July 07, 2007, 02:30:12 PM »

Hey sailorstarnite! Your drawing is really cute, and Clay sure did like it!  Thanks for posting it Philly!

Thanks for telling us the whole story sailor... and welcome to Claymaniacs!  Huggles

You might want to meet Clay's Cashew, who also draws Clay!
sailorstarnite
« Reply #547 on: July 07, 2007, 04:14:27 PM »

Yes! That is my artwork! Heh, I can't believe somebody got a picture of it!

Thanks for the comments, everybody!

Pamela - I'd love to talk to another artist, but it might take me a while to catch up - that was my first time drawing Clay.  Laughing
sailorstarnite
« Reply #548 on: July 07, 2007, 04:24:15 PM »

Here's the sketch, after Clay signed it!
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #549 on: July 07, 2007, 04:49:17 PM »

Terrific pic, sailor! I love that he saw you working on it. And it was so sweet of him to sign it for you. bigsmile

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #550 on: July 07, 2007, 05:50:21 PM »

Hi, Sailor, welcome!  Great drawing!  And how cool was it that Clay signed it for you?

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #551 on: July 07, 2007, 08:49:42 PM »

Meet and greet report from AllyKat at CV:

Finally, Clay came though the door. He sort of bounded into the room. My first thought is that he's bigger, up close in person. He looked great. He had on a purple pullover fifty2thirty shirt and jeans and sandals. The shirt was tucked in only in the front. He had stubble and messy hair. (I didn't mind.) After asking each person their name and shaking hands, he sat on the couch between two of the other ladies and I was sitting in the chair right beside the couch. I had a very good view. He put us at ease immediately. He controlled the conversation and mostly asked us about ourselves. We didn't really get any openings to ask him questions. He signed our things and took time to really personalize each one. Then it was picture time. He let us chose our pose! I'm not really sure what I did. We kinda of hugged, very gently and then turned towards the camera. I don't have the picture yet and have no idea what it will look like. I may not acknowledge which one is mine! Alice did ask if he would sell the fifty2thirty shirts, but he said they were for the people who worked with him. I didn't notice any cologne on him and I am very sensitive to that, so I don't think he was wearing any. He felt very substantial in a good way.

I also wanted to comment about his eyes. They are just beautiful and he does look right at you when speaking to you. I just keep playing it over in my mind. My fandom went up several notches and I didn't think that was even possible. Well that's my story. Hope you enjoyed it.

I wish I had signed up for a meet and greet.  No I don't.  Yes I do.  Dang!  *kicks self*
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #552 on: July 08, 2007, 11:58:35 AM »

wave

I don't know if this is the place for Concert Reviews, but I'm going to try to put my Houston Review here, anyway. If there is a central location for reviews, I'm hoping one of the Moderators will move this later!!!

I left here early Friday morning in the pouring rain, picked up a friend (Betty) who was attending her first ever Clay concert, then headed for daughter Amy's house (2 1/2 hours away). Amy took over as driver when we got to her, and we continued on Down I10 in the monsoon. We drove on for almost another 2 hours in the pouring rain dodging big trucks on the Interstate, going in and out of high water (as I told Amy ONLY FOR CLAY!!!!!! - I would not go through this for anybody else!)

We got to the hotel an hour later than expected, but had a little time to meet up with other fans in the lobby (which was a huge area filled with tables and chairs around a bar  ) We took pictures with so many cameras - I know that Prissy has some with additional members of Claymaniacs - but here is the picture that ended up on my camera!

Click on all pictures to make bigger!

From left to right we are: JoAnn, her Mom Jennie, Dale, Prissy, Bozena, Linda in front, and me (Frankie/fhmmany2) in the back in an orange shirt

We all went to our rooms to change, then Amy, Betty, and I met dudley/Linda and Bozena in the lobby. Linda drove my car to Jones hall (parked in the underground parking), then we walked one block in the rain to the preparty. I was glad that we decided to go to the preparty (they are not really my thing!) because we had extra time to visit with everyone. Meesa and Marilyn finally showed up at the party, after a bad day of driving that included a flat tire and going through high water.  Huggles

We left the party at 6:30 and headed toward Jones Hall. When we entered, we got into line for t-shirts - they were better organized than other concerts I have attended. There was one central place to enter the line, then you stood there until there was an opening at one of the people making the sales!  Clapping Shirts came in M,L, XL for $25, and XXL for $35. There were also posters for $20.

Our seats were very much better than I expected!  Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana We were on Row P, but we seemed so close to the stage! I am mentioning this in case Clay every plays Jones Hall again - there is really not a bad seat in the house!  They had a wonderful sound system (but the huge speakers were all at the ceiling - not good for cell certs! - and there was a Jumbotron on each side of the stage - at the ceiling). There is already so much clack up - I think the whole concert was taped - but I just have to say that it is so wonderful to have him back - he was his usually funny, lovable self. He seemed to be taking the fans' side in the "No Camera" rule. He kept talking to a woman member of the Symphony - she was sitting in the first chair vioin position, and must have had something to do with the "rules" He turned around at one point and told her "I tried to stop them from taking pictures and videos at first, too, but then I realized that they can't be stopped"  Laughing I loved that he autograped the picture that sailorstarnite drew (said he was grading it, but we could tell he was writing an autograph!). He also talked to the members of the Lousiana Clay fans seated on the second Row - they had on their usual Mardi Gras feather boas. (Clay recognized them at the Jacksonville Christmas concert last December, too - he must like feather boas  ). I am a member of this group, and was offered a feather boa to wear, but I am just not the "feather" type!  Paranoid  Wink Laughing

Back to the concert - I thought Clay was wonderful - I was, as predicted, a puddle of goo  goo when he sang Lover All Alone.  Cry! I was not crazy about the T.V. Theme songs - I had rather of heard Clay sing full length songs rather than just little snippets - and I did not really love the Top 40 snippets either, except that Clay danced  a lot during this, so it was worth watching!  I was also VERY relieved that he left the singing of "Like A Virgin" to the girls. I had tried to not read anything before the concert, but I had read about that  Paranoid and I had warned Amy in advance - we were both happy that he did not sing what we consider a girl's song!  Since you can watch the entire concert, I really don't have anything more to say except that I think he has never looked better - different  now - all grown up!  Not Worthy

We did hear that after we left  Clay came outside of the front door of Jones Hall and shook hands with fans before getting into a car/limo. Now we know that he did stay in Houston, and flew to Tulsa the next morning.

After the concert, everyone staying at the Hyatt went back and met in the lobby/bar/restaurant area. I love the Clay Nation!  By the time we got back to the hotel, there were laptops on several tables, and people were watching the concert we had just left!  confetti2 I wish I knew how fast the concert really got posted!  Don't Know We stayed downstairs until 1, went up to our room and talked until 2, and I stayed up alone unil 5:30! (Nobody would stay up with me any longer - I don't sleep after Clay concerts!)

I am still tired, but it was worth all of the trouble of getting there - I can't wait to see Clay again in Knoxville!  Cheer! theatre

These  pictures will be a little out of order - PhotoBucket is not wanting to cooperate today, and I am having a fit getting pictures moved over!

This is a picture of one of the door prizes I won - a framed collage of Clay in "Flip Flop" pictures - I also won some flip flop note cards and stickers with this!  Laughing

The Marquee at Jones Hall!  Purple Banana

This is me and a poster of Clay's concert that was in the tunnel beneath Jones Hall - if only I could have gotten the picture frame unlocked!!!!!!!!!!

I already loved dudley/Linda, but even more so after she drove around the block an extra time so that Amy could take a picture of the "Clay Street" sign for me (this street backs up to the Hyatt Regency Hotel!)

This is Amy and the portrait of "Cowboy Clay" that she won - and then gave to me!  Purple Banana

The Houston Chronicle featured Clay on the front of its Entertainment Section insert - the preparty had copies for everyone attending! 

After the concert, we noticed that someone sitting on our Row had left their "flat Clay" alone for a minute, so we took the opportunity to take pictures with him!  ROFLMAO this is Dian/aikenangel - she has been a member of this board almost from the beginning, but does not post:

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #553 on: July 08, 2007, 12:08:58 PM »

I forgot to say that Clay DID say that he is going to be on "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader"!  Purple Banana Purple Banana

And, Pamela - I can't believe that you did not sign up for a Meet and Greet!  Jaw drop!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #554 on: July 08, 2007, 04:57:09 PM »

Frankie - How enjoyable it was reading your review.  I just couldn't wait.  I could feel the excitement through each and every word.  I love your long hair.  The last time I saw you it was much shorter.  Very nice.  Now you do have one more Claying.  I thought for sure you would have tracked him down for sure.  Maybe in Tennessee.  Thanks again my friend.

Hugs
Rainey
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #555 on: July 08, 2007, 06:11:35 PM »

Lorraine - there will be buses for the rest of the Tour (or so we have heard) - much easier to spot!!!!!!!  Paranoid Laughing

KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #556 on: July 08, 2007, 06:16:50 PM »

I have video from the line after the concert. I'll post a link when it's done uploading.  bigsmile

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #557 on: July 08, 2007, 06:25:09 PM »

Lorraine - there will be buses for the rest of the Tour (or so we have heard) - much easier to spot!!!!!!!  Paranoid Laughing
Well if they are in the same place in New Hampshire behind this big 12 foot iron fence I may just have to climb it like I did two years ago. Laughing Laughing Laughing
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #558 on: July 08, 2007, 06:30:55 PM »

Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Meesa! I am about to go to the office, where there is DSL - I will watch it from there!

Lorraine - I would pay good money for a picture of you climbing that fence!  ROFLMAO

KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #559 on: July 08, 2007, 06:32:38 PM »

Shaking Clay's Hand in Houston!

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx