gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:02:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 326
Total: 326

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Idol, the Musical"  (Read 2090 times)
cpnina
Clayamateur

« on: June 22, 2007, 11:26:48 AM »

I'm not sure how this is gonna work out, and it kinda ticks me off that we are all seen as dorky crazies, but, hey, it IS important that OMC is recognized as important enough to be singled out a a phenom--I mean, WE a (All think he's one, already!!

(A phenom, that is).http://cdd.blogspot.com/2007/06/students-stage-idol-musical-clay-aiken.html

Penny
hopelessly devoted to Clay
and hopes she never gets over it!!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 07:01:02 PM »

Thanks Penny!  By all accounts I've read, it's just a fun play based on some high school kids who are very.....enthusiastic. 

I can't believe the press this show is getting....for an off Broadway production, it's pretty amazing.  And, I hope they bring it to Raleigh!

Just do a net search for "Idol: The Musical" and you'll see what I mean. 

ETA:  Here is the MySpace page for Idol: The Musical.  I've read some of the press, and I don't think the storyline is pro- or anti-Clay, or even really has that much to do with Clay.  It seems to be more about a group of kids finding themselves, and discovering who they really are.

Which is always a good thing. Wink
ClayHeart
Claymaniac

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 06:49:10 AM »

I think that this play is getting so much buzz because Clay seems to always stir up the buzz.  It's good to read that the play seems like a pretty good one, and not really mocking Clay at all.  It probably does make fun of the fanatical fans, but if the shoe fits   Laughing   bigsmile   I don't think this play would have gotten as much press if Clay wasn't mentioned.   Well, everyone have a great weekend.

Debbie
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 06:37:24 PM »

::Clay Aiken Musical Starts July 5th In NY::
By Elliott West, Raleigh Chronicle Editor
Saturday June 30, 2007
CORRECTED: Saturday 1:34pm

NEW YORK - A musical comedy called "Idol: The Musical" about Clay Aiken fans will start its first show next week on July 5th  at the 45th Street Theatre near Times Square in New York City and will run through August 25th.

Set in the town of Steubenville, Ohio, which is a town of 19,000 people on the Ohio River, the hour and a half musical takes a look at dedicated Clay Aiken fans who want to follow in his footsteps.

According to an article in the New York Post newspaper, Todd Ellis, a Syracuse New York drama teacher at the Syracuse Civic Theatre, has invested his life savings into the production which he says takes an entertaining look at Clay fans.

"There is so much hysteria surrounding the Claymates," Ellis told the newspaper on June 21st. "He's godlike -- the ones that are devoted to him are really devoted."

Ellis has added in one interview that he is a Clay Aiken fan himself.

Reaction from Clay Aiken's real legions of fans seems to be cautiously upbeat.

"Let's wait and see what the reviews are like from Clay fans after they've seen this play," said ClaytonClayniac on the Clayboard discussion group at ClaytonAiken.com.  "Then, if they are indeed positive, I say the rest of the fandom who can possibly go see this play should go arm in arm - proudly wearing their Clay T-Shirts!!! It would be a hoot!"

"Calling all Claymates, it's time to head to Broadway!" said LikenClay2 at the ClayAikenTheIdealIdol.com discussion group. "Well, maybe off-Broadway."

Read the rest at Raleigh Chronicle.com.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx