gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:44:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 399
Total: 399

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE  (Read 4747 times)
Clanderson
SuperFan

Always a Star

« on: May 31, 2007, 09:26:22 PM »

Hi folks, I'm Bev.
Pamela suggested I start this thread for this season of SYTYCD.
This is my first go at this so please be patient...LOL
So far there's not much to report as it just started on Wednesday night and continued tonight. I'm not even sure yet what the regular 2 nights will be each week. It was on for 2 hours last night and 1 hour tonight and it's still the auditions.
Wow some of those dancers are really something. Of course we get the usual characters auditioning just like on American Idol.
Anyway that's all for now, maybe someone else that watched can fill in.
Thanks
Bev

Bev-   Proud Claynadian Claymaniac
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 03:19:00 PM »

Bev, haven't watched yet, but did last year, and it's a great show, man those kids can dance Clapping Clapping

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
loadbearingwally
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 11:44:51 AM »

theyre really talented.  i DO  think  they can dance!LOL
Clanderson
SuperFan

Always a Star

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 05:10:15 AM »

Last nights 2 hour show was amazing! It's going to be hard right from the start picking who you might think will make it all the way. Benji (last years winner) sister is competing this year and she obviously is as talented as he is. She wowed all 3 judges as well as the audience, and Benji was there to cheer her on.
This season they're giving a lot more time to Shane, the hip-hop choreographer. I love his sense of humor when he's judging and he really appreciates a good audition.
Now I'm not good at names yet as the couples just started last night so maybe someone with a better memory can help me out there...lol I felt bad for the girl that danced 'Ease on Down the Road' (from Micheal Jackson's 'The Wiz) Her partner was dressed just right for that song but for some unknown reason she had a white prom dress on and looked exactly like Sandy from "Grease" Her audition last week was contemporary dance and she was great, but converting  to a hip-hoppy/robot style just didn't work for her and of course Nigel told her so. The others were kinder. I hope she doesn't get voted off right away because I'm sure she'll know better next week.
That's about it for now, tonite 1 guy & 1 gal get voted off. All in all it looks like a really great season coming up.
Bev

Clanderson
SuperFan

Always a Star

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 02:32:53 AM »

Last night's show was an hour and one guy and one gal got voted off. I always feel bad for the first ones, they've gotten as far as Las Vegas and their hopes up. Even the 2 that got voted off were quite good.
Last years winner Benji was there to entertain and he is truly amazing., he has such a great personality along with his talent, kind of like Clay only dancing...lol His sister of course made it through the first round with flying colours (I still am not sure of her name) There's still 8 men & 8 women, I'll probably remember the names when it gets down to about 8 people in all...lol. They have a beautiful watlz couple, he's from Russia I think.
Anyway next week I'll try to jot down some names, it makes it a bit more personal that way.
Bev

Clanderson
SuperFan

Always a Star

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 06:51:45 AM »

Last nights show was two hours and I almost missed it because I'm getting mixed up what days which show is on. They've stopped printing TV guide in Canada and it was like my entertainment bible for a lot of years...lol Also Canadian Idol has started up with the same format as American Idol and its also on two nights a week so if I mix up names and talents once in awhile, give me a break...lol
All of the 18 dancers seem to be especially good this year and I think it must be that this being the 3rd season they are demanding better dancing and better choreography just to make the top 20.
So far young Lacey, Benji's sister shines brighter than the rest, for the second week in a row she earned praises from all three judges as well as the audience. If she doesn't become too over-confident I can really see her winning the whole thing.
I'm still not familiar with most of the names so I think I won't even try till the competition narrows down. I think it takes several weeks before certain people begin to really stand out anyway. Tonite they will eliminate two more, one guy and one gal.
I don't think I'd relish being a judge at all this season.
Bev

Clanderson
SuperFan

Always a Star

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 12:44:26 PM »

I'm sorry guys, I accidently missed the show last night and I don't have tivo.
Bev

stargazer
Claymaniac

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 05:54:42 AM »

Hi everyone, We have a local boy in the finals for "SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE".

It is Jesus (chewie) Solorio. Professionally trained in contemporary. He is very good. He was the one who did the Charlie  Chapman like routine that started with them laying on their backs reading newspapers. It was an incredible routine.

He is also the cousin of a friend, and dance has turned his life around. His mentor is the owner of a dance studio and she and her husband took him in and got him involved in dance.

He is very good and very handsome.
So please vote for him if you think he is good.

Vote for Jesus Solorio,

LIKE FINE WINE CLAY IMPROVES WITH AGE
BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT
Clanderson
SuperFan

Always a Star

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 06:50:50 AM »

I remember Jesus Solorio, he very good.  It takes a lot of talent just to get into the top 22 and he's already survived the first 2 weeks. I'll be watching him. Its really a lot more fun to watch if you know somebody. (that knows somebody..lol)

Clanderson
SuperFan

Always a Star

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 07:02:38 AM »

Here is a list of the remaining eight couples:

CEDIC & SHAUNA
NEIL & LAUREN
JAIMIE & HOK
DOMINIC & SABRA
LACEY & KAMERON
ANYA & DANNY
SARA & JESUS
JESSE & PASHA

Last night's two hour show held a few surprises. The addition of Debbie Allen (famous for her choreography in such famous shows as "Fame", "Flashdance") as an alternate judge.
Three couples were absolute standouts last night, Jaimie & Hok, Jesus & Sara and Lacey & Kameron. 
Another surprise was Pasha having to dance with one of the choreographers assitant due to the sudden illness of his partner Jesse. His performance received a standing ovation from both judes and audience. Apparently Jesse is in hospital undergoing tests for an irregular heartbeat. Judge Nigel Lythgoe explained that if she was present for tonight's show she would be judged on past performances, if not she will be disqualified.
The judges left little doubt that Cedric will be the one to get voted off tonight despite the great performance of his partner Shauna. I felt bad for Cedric as all the judges expressed their opinion to his face that he shouldn't be in the competition. He took it like a trooper though and told all perpective up-coming dancers to train, train, train. Shauna will have the chance to show-off her skills tonight in a solo. Little doubt that she'll be staying.
Till tonight.
Bev

Clanderson
SuperFan

Always a Star

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 05:23:07 AM »

Last night's results show was one of surprises and much disappointment.
After a great performance last night for which the judges had much praise Jesus was the male voted off the show while Cedric, the guy the judges had verbally chastized wasn't even in the bottom three. (shades of Simon's choice of worst (Sanjaya) going even higher)
When asked about his thoughts on this Nygel said something to the effect it was obvious that $5,000,000.00 Americans didn't know how to dance.
The female voted off was Jesse, the gal that took sick. They did bring her back and let her show her stuff but I think they had already decided they didn't want to keep somebody that was less than 100% healthy.
I knew it was going to be hard choosing this year they are ALL so talented.
SYTYCD message boards are also protesting Jesus' fate and ridiculing Cedrics'
Bev

Clanderson
SuperFan

Always a Star

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2007, 05:18:11 PM »

I'm so sorry that I didn't watch and therefore review SYTYCD this week. I, as I'm sure all of us were very busy keeping track of Clay's concert. If there is none next time I promise to review it.
Thanks
Bev

Clanderson
SuperFan

Always a Star

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2007, 11:17:46 AM »

oops!! I'm sorry guys, I've been so involved watching the wonderful clack from Clay's concert that I haven't being paying much attention to anything else. I think we're probably all doing the same or getting ready to go to a live concert.
All I can tell you from last week is that Cedric and Shauna were voted off. The show doesn't get that real competitive edge till its down to 3 or 4 couples anyway.
Have a great week whoever is going to a concert and the rest of us watching clack!

Bev

Clanderson
SuperFan

Always a Star

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2007, 11:12:45 AM »

Oh My Gosh, I forgot all about watching this the last 2 weeks, I'm sorry, I got so caught up in the cellcerts and watching Clack. I caught the very end of the elimination show and all I'm sure of is that Pasha and Lacey are still on the show, although I know there's 3 or 4 other couples, just not sure who they are.
If anybody else watched it maybe they could fill in and I'll watch it next week. Thanks
Bev blush

clayniac4ver
Claymaniac

clayed on 5/27/08 on g105 yesterday

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2007, 06:12:03 AM »

i was not really into so you think you can dance because its almost like watching dancing with the stars

alyse

"faith has concered my fear since i got the album"

got clayed on the 13th of january on g105
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx