gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:21:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 167
Total: 167

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aug 11 - Biltmore Estates Asheville NC - SOLD OUT!!  (Read 19505 times)
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2007, 09:36:39 AM »

wave Hellllloooo Asheville concert-goers!

We're in the midst of planning our pre-concert get-together and wanted your opinion on where we should eat. We have two restaurant options: T.G.I. Fridays or La Paz

At T.G.I. Fridays, each party guest will be able to order off of the menu. However, the person Angela spoke with couldn't guarantee we'd be able to have the party room all to ourselves (since there are only approx. 25 of us). They may need to seat their regular guests in there if they get busy.

For two hours, La Paz can offer us their "Private Dinning" room for $25 plus 18% gratuity. The room comfortably seats 25, but 30 would be cramped. They offer a "Combo Buffet" featuring chicken fajitas, beef tacos and all of the fixins' for $10/person. Including the room cost, gratuity and buffet, each person (if there are 25) would pay approximately $12.80.

Naturally, there are pros and cons to each place. If you could, please post and let us know your restaurant choice. Feel free to ask additional questions before deciding!

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2007, 10:03:52 AM »

The private dining room would be nice so that we could enjoy each others company without interruption- and the price is not bad, either.
This sounds good to me. But will there be salads and stuff as well as the beef and chicken etc.? Can we get a more comprehensive idea of what it offer? I mean, is there a "menu" for the combo buffet- and does it include drinks?

I vote for LaPaz- but will go along with the majority

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2007, 10:08:07 AM »

LaPaz sounds good to me, too.  I happen to LOVE Mexican food.  And a private dining room sounds good. 

But I will be happy with whatever y'all decide.  I'll just be happy to be there with all of you!!!  bigsmile

THANKS, Clandy and Lindsay for all your hard work!!!   Clapping Clapping

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2007, 10:09:08 AM »

I agree with Marilyn, would be great to have a room all to ourselves.  And I could eat Mexican food every day of the week!!!!!!!!  But if the majority wants TGIF's that is fine too, unfortunately, I will eat most anything!!!!!!   Laughing

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2007, 10:19:08 AM »

Shhh … I’m sneaking from work because I figured these questions would be asked. All of this information is directly from the La Paz Web site:

Combo Buffet:
  • Appetizers: chips, red salsa and queso dip
    Char-grilled marinated chicken breast with grilled onions, red and gold bell peppers
    Seasoned ground beef tacos
    Fresh soft flour and crisp corn tortillas
    Guacamole, pico de gallo, shredded lettuce
    Grated cheddar cheese, sour cream
    Mexican rice and black beans

ETA: I just spoke with the catering director. The soft beverages (tea, coke, water, etc) are included in the price of the buffet. Those who wish to have cocktails can either pay for them at the bar, run a tab with the server or do one master check and divide it evenly. He said most of the cocktails run between $5-$7.

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2007, 12:07:03 PM »

This sounds yummy, actually. I will email Meesa to see what she wants to do.

KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2007, 03:31:51 PM »

La Paz sounds good!

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2007, 08:18:27 AM »

Marlene, Johanna and I vote for LaPaz because we like the idea of having a room to ourselves.

One question - if anyone feels like what is on the buffet would be too spicy (dietary restrictions), is there a possibility to order off the menu?  Just wondering    Don't Know

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
ILClaymate
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2007, 10:01:15 AM »

Well, we still have about 5-6 more people to hear from but it looks like La Paz is the favorite so far! 

WilsonBarb ~ I'm not sure.   I'll have to defer to Lindsay since she is in contact with those at La Paz.  Smile

ETA:  Heather (heater) has a friend who works at the Biltmore and he recommended the La Paz so it must be pretty good.
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2007, 11:08:57 AM »

Barb - The catering manager said we are welcome to order off of the menu, but it's one of those either/or things. Either the entire group orders from the menu, or we all eat the buffet.

I had originally only posted the buffet option because I thought there were going to be close to 25 of us. I wanted to make it easy on us and the restaurant when it came to checks/pricing. However, the number has decreased to about 15. Would everyone rather order from the menu? I want to try and accomodate everyone's needs as best as possible.

When it comes to everyone ordering from the menu, Michael (the catering manager) did caution me that it could take awhile for everyone to pay. The restaurant can get extremely busy and, with being only two blocks from the Biltmore, that Saturday could be very hectic. I'm not trying to discourage ordering from the menu, but I just wanted to make everyone aware. There are always options!

Right now, the room is ours from 5-7 p.m. But, I can change the time or cancel the room at any point.

Did that help? Or did I just confuse everyone more? Paranoid

~ Lindsay ~

Tiffany
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dove

« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2007, 11:14:11 AM »

It sounds good to me Lindsey and I like the buffet. I agree that would be quicker then ordering from the menu.

Rest in peace our Angels Janet, Carol, Liz, Julie, Kris, Debi and JJ. Angel We miss you and you are in our hearts always I will love and support Clay always and forever. Proud to be a Claymaniac. 
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2007, 12:06:00 PM »

The buffet sounds good and the time is great.  Can't wait to see all of you then.

Thanks for planning this for us.    Clapping     Clapping

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
Claymaniac113078
Enthusiastic

Forever Starstruck

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2007, 05:54:28 PM »

Count me in on whatever everyone else is doing!  I'm not picky....I can't eat much before I am going to be in the presence of Clay anyway! Laughing  I just look forward to spending time with everyone!! Huggles wheee Purple Banana

Maybe love requires walking through the fire to set me free so I can rise up from the ashes ~Clay Aiken

"Hi Cindy, this is Clay Aiken....Happy Valentine's Day!"  I will NEVER be the same!!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2007, 07:29:52 PM »

I would love to be able to have our own room!

I've experienced both (restaurant seating, private room) and it's just more FUN when we have our own room!  We can talk, and mingle and generally shmooze, which is difficult to do in the restaurant without annoying the other patrons.

I vote for La Paz toO!

Thanks y'all!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2007, 07:29:03 PM »

I VOTE FOR BUFFET- QUICKER-MORE TIME TO TALK!!

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2007, 07:41:33 PM »

Ticket for sale Row y seat 32 on the G side
$62.50

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2007, 05:38:12 AM »

La Paz sounds good.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
grammaof6
SuperFan

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2007, 12:42:34 PM »

The house alone sits on 4 acres. Can you imagine having so much money that you can build this for a vacation home?
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2007, 09:23:38 AM »

wave Hi Party Peeps!

I just wanted to give you a heads-up ...

Please bring CASH or CHECK to pay for dinner at La Paz. The entire bill (except for whatever alcoholic beverages you purchase on your own) will be on one check for convenience sake.

When I get a better idea of how many people will be attending, I'll be able to give you a more concrete price per person.

Thanks so much for your understanding! bigsmile

~ Lindsay ~

woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2007, 02:35:25 PM »

Sounds GREAT to me!!!  bigsmile Clapping Clapping Clapping

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx