gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:42:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 112
Total: 112

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 103 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Black Leather Pants...Hello! :: Mansion 92 (Rated R)  (Read 199080 times)
redhotclay
« Reply #360 on: January 17, 2007, 12:36:09 AM »

time for bed   Baby Dust     off to bed
stephen
« Reply #361 on: January 17, 2007, 02:22:26 AM »

time for bed   Baby Dust     off to bed
night and sweet dreams susan dear Big Hug!

good morning everyone Big Hug!
Beth
Enthusiastic

« Reply #362 on: January 17, 2007, 04:25:26 AM »

Good morning everybody  wave

I have an early morning question for everybody, hence the reason for my siggie.

Does anyone have elderly Grandparents or Parents? My Grandma is 94 and driving my poor mother crazy.  The family seems to think that she has had a couple of mini strokes.  Her memory is fading fast.  Everyone in the family calls her and asks her the same question to find out, not only what she remembers telling people, but also who she remembers talking to.  It's very sad.  We are all laughing about it, trying to get through this.  My Grandma said that someone broke into her apartment and left a pack of batteries on her dresser.  My mom tried to explain to her that my dad left them there.  Oh, and my Grandma doesn't remember things about certain events.  My Aunt and Uncle (son, mom's brother) were there a few weeks ago to help with the Christmas Tree.   My Grandma told my mom that my Uncle was there with some strange woman.  Now I know that it hurt my Aunt's feelings, but boy did that make my mom laugh.  See so I'm Nancy Drew Jr.  Oh, one more thing that I just thought of.  My Grandma can't remember how to shut her alarm clock off in the morning so she unplugs it and then can't remember how to reprogram it.  So, she'll call my mom every single day and ask her to come and fix her clock.  My mom lives 40 minutes from my Grandma, and I get to hear about it from my mom every single day.

If anyone has gone through this or is going through this, what can I tell my mom to help her through this. 

Oh, can't you see it baby; You've got me goin' Crazy
Wherever you go; Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you

*Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game!
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #363 on: January 17, 2007, 04:42:42 AM »

Beth - It sounds like dementia or early Alzheimers to me. My grandpa had Alzheimers and he had started doing some strange things like those. You may want to see if her PCP can get her in to a neurologist for a mini mental status test. That's a good indicator as to what is going on.

Good morning everyone!   wave

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
shaikeninseattle
Enthusiastic

On My Way Here, I THUDDED!

« Reply #364 on: January 17, 2007, 06:27:29 AM »

Good morning Stephen, Beth and Meesa!  Huggles And anyone else that drops in! It's a great day in Seattle. It's melting! It's melting!  Purple Banana

Retired, but not tired!
Clayed 16 times!
franniek54
« Reply #365 on: January 17, 2007, 06:29:26 AM »

Good morning everybody  wave

I have an early morning question for everybody, hence the reason for my siggie.

Does anyone have elderly Grandparents or Parents? My Grandma is 94 and driving my poor mother crazy.  The family seems to think that she has had a couple of mini strokes.  Her memory is fading fast.  Everyone in the family calls her and asks her the same question to find out, not only what she remembers telling people, but also who she remembers talking to.  It's very sad.  We are all laughing about it, trying to get through this.  My Grandma said that someone broke into her apartment and left a pack of batteries on her dresser.  My mom tried to explain to her that my dad left them there.  Oh, and my Grandma doesn't remember things about certain events.  My Aunt and Uncle (son, mom's brother) were there a few weeks ago to help with the Christmas Tree.   My Grandma told my mom that my Uncle was there with some strange woman.  Now I know that it hurt my Aunt's feelings, but boy did that make my mom laugh.  See so I'm Nancy Drew Jr.  Oh, one more thing that I just thought of.  My Grandma can't remember how to shut her alarm clock off in the morning so she unplugs it and then can't remember how to reprogram it.  So, she'll call my mom every single day and ask her to come and fix her clock.  My mom lives 40 minutes from my Grandma, and I get to hear about it from my mom every single day.

If anyone has gone through this or is going through this, what can I tell my mom to help her through this. 
yes, it's dementia.  the confusion that you can see is only the tip of the ice berg.  Old people try to hide how confused they are, and they can't troubleshoot at all, so it's a set up for disaster. 

She WILL mess up her meds, she could cause a fire trying to cook, she will fall eventually, she'll go outside and get lost or lock herself out, she'll let bad people into her house, the possibilities are endless, and god forbid if she is still driving take away her keys now. 

Tell your mom it is no longer SAFE for Gramma to live alone.  Period.  And support her in doing the right thing by getting her into an assisted living facility near your mom's home.  She should NOT live with your mom or any other family member, because if you think she is driving your mom crazy now, wait until she lives with her, there will never be a moments peace--it's 24 hrs a day, constant vigilance.  Worse than a toddler, because at least a toddler you can control, but a senior thinks that they are still competant and they fight you every step of the way. 

There are medicines that she can take but they don't really help all that much.  It's hard to accept, but she will just gradually keep getting worse and it's best for everyone if your mom can get her into a safe place now before something terrible happens.

You can help your mom most by continually reassuring her that she is doing the right thing and that she should NOT feel guilty!  Gramma should be safe, comfortable and content in her old age, but it is not OK to hold the rest of the family hostage, and it is not OK to trade a productive life for a non-productive one.
stephen
« Reply #366 on: January 17, 2007, 06:29:57 AM »

thats just so its ready for the blizzard thats on its way Wink lmao
franniek54
« Reply #367 on: January 17, 2007, 06:35:10 AM »

What are your winters like Stephen?
stephen
« Reply #368 on: January 17, 2007, 06:39:41 AM »

cold wet and very miserable
some time we get snow but its getting less and less often
franniek54
« Reply #369 on: January 17, 2007, 06:43:56 AM »

here's something to warm you all up  Flame

I found these while prowling for clay last night and missing the birthday party in the process

shaikeninseattle
Enthusiastic

On My Way Here, I THUDDED!

« Reply #370 on: January 17, 2007, 06:45:46 AM »

thats just so its ready for the blizzard thats on its way Wink lmao

STEPHEN! ASSUME THE POSITION!

Spank me! Spank me! Spank me! Spank me! Spank me! Spank me! Spank me! Spank me! Spank me!

Retired, but not tired!
Clayed 16 times!
franniek54
« Reply #371 on: January 17, 2007, 06:54:14 AM »

cold wet and very miserable
some time we get snow but its getting less and less often
We're getting less and less snow too.  We used to have snow all winter long and we would have the greatest time sledding, and skating and building snow forts when we were kids.  Now if the kids get to go sledding once or twice it's a good winter for them.  My kids are old enough now that they don't care, but they missed out on alot of fun.

Your cold, damp weather just chills you to the bone tho.   cold We've had alot of warmish, damp weather this year that is wrecking havoc on everybody's allergies and asthma
ILClaymate
« Reply #372 on: January 17, 2007, 07:01:25 AM »

hey i love those photoshops--esp. "Gone with the Wind" and stuff like that.  is there any place to see those enmasse?

wave Froodle ~ not that I know of.  Most of the ones I've gotten are just posted randomly on other boards.  There used to be several at www.worth1000.com.  I'll have to see if they are still there.  That is where the Gone with the Wind ones came from.  There are 2 different GWTW ones that I've seen.  This is one...I think I have the other one saved at home so I'll check on that later.

And this one just because.... 

franniek54
« Reply #373 on: January 17, 2007, 07:07:36 AM »

hey i love those photoshops--esp. "Gone with the Wind" and stuff like that.  is there any place to see those enmasse?

wave Froodle ~ not that I know of.  Most of the ones I've gotten are just posted randomly on other boards.  There used to be several at www.worth1000.com.  I'll have to see if they are still there.  That is where the Gone with the Wind ones came from.  There are 2 different GWTW ones that I've seen.  This is one...I think I have the other one saved at home so I'll check on that later.

And this one just because.... 

Now THAT'S a shirt tug!!!!!!!!!  Super Happy!!!
franniek54
« Reply #374 on: January 17, 2007, 07:10:53 AM »

clandy, my first cropping!  Are you proud of me?

PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #375 on: January 17, 2007, 07:12:22 AM »

Seeing a naked torso, is one way of waking up in the morning.... wiggle

Good Morning,

It's very  cold  here in Philly....cold

Beth, My MIL had several TIA's which are mini-strokes, your gramma really needs to evaluated by her Primary along with a family member. It's important that the Doctor knows what occured doing the episodes so the right treatment plan can implemented. Huggles

redhotclay
« Reply #376 on: January 17, 2007, 07:16:30 AM »

Good Morning All   Huggles   Huggles   Huggles

It's 50 degrees in my classroom!  cold

have a great Wednesday
ILClaymate
« Reply #377 on: January 17, 2007, 07:23:11 AM »

RedHot ~ stay warm, girl!

clandy, my first cropping!  Are you proud of me?

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/clayetshadow2.jpg

Clapping  Nice job, Ms. F!  You are on your way!  When you take all those GREAT pics at your next concert, your cropping skills will come in handy.  Smile  Were you looking for one of these pics at one time?  scratch  I think someone was but I can't remember who it was.

ILClaymate
« Reply #378 on: January 17, 2007, 07:24:55 AM »

I'm just going through some old pics/photoshops I have.... Laughing

ILClaymate
« Reply #379 on: January 17, 2007, 07:26:16 AM »

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 103 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx