gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:25:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 369
Total: 369

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cellcert: Clay at Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro NC  (Read 118158 times)
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #520 on: December 23, 2006, 11:32:38 PM »

You may be fangirly, but I waited up because I love fangirly Pamela!  Wink I love your recap. How cool that you sat next to Alison!  You deserved that front row ticket. What an amazing experience for you! YAY!  Huggles

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #521 on: December 23, 2006, 11:35:04 PM »

Oh one more thing, I tried to call Angela during the first portion of audience banner, and I accidently dropped my phone on the floor.  I really did not want to call a lot of attention to myself, so I just let it lay there for a few minutes.

Didja hear anything Angela?  Laughing 

People right behind me started screaming stuff at him almost immediately after the first two songs.  He said he felt like he was on a Jerry Springer show!  Laughing  Then he said "This is not a Jeff Foxworthy concert!"  Laughing 

Good grief...it's late.  I'll write more tomorrow!

Good night...sleep well...dream happy.

ETA:  Meesa, I probably made everyone around me sick with the fangirly. Hee!  Alison was very sweet.  She gave me a little hug when she saw me get misty.  She probably was thinking, "good grief woman..get hold of yourself."  Laughing Thanks for staying up late with me!
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #522 on: December 23, 2006, 11:38:05 PM »

Oh one more thing, I tried to call Angela during the first portion of audience banner, and I accidently dropped my phone on the floor.  I really did not want to call a lot of attention to myself, so I just let it lay there for a few minutes.

lmao

Sounds like something I'd do.

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #523 on: December 24, 2006, 12:00:11 AM »

ETA:  Meesa, I probably made everyone around me sick with the fangirly. Hee!  Alison was very sweet.  She gave me a little hug when she saw me get misty.  She probably was thinking, "good grief woman..get hold of yourself."  Laughing Thanks for staying up late with me!

Laughing Alison cried last year when Clay kissed her on the cheek so she is emotional too. That clip still makes me cry!

Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #524 on: December 24, 2006, 12:06:38 AM »

I bet you know plenty, Michelle. Smile lmao

Thanks but according to Clay I don't.

WOW, MICHELLE- HE SAID THAT TO YOU? I AM REALLY SHOCKED THAT HE WOULD DO THAT! I AM SO SORRY YOU AND SUNNY DIDNT ENJOY THE SHOWS.  Huggles Huggles

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #525 on: December 24, 2006, 03:51:26 AM »

WOW, MICHELLE- HE SAID THAT TO YOU? I AM REALLY SHOCKED THAT HE WOULD DO THAT! I AM SO SORRY YOU AND SUNNY DIDNT ENJOY THE SHOWS.  Huggles Huggles

Well, it wasn't me specifically. It was pretty much the fandom as a whole.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #526 on: December 24, 2006, 05:22:57 AM »

HAD TO COME ON AND CHECK TO SEE HOW OUR PAMELA DID.  WHAT AN AMAZING TIME YOU HAD PAMELA.  COULDN'T HAVE BEEN ANY BETTER EXCEPT FOR ME SITTING NEXT TO YOU BECAUSE YOU KNOW I AM NOT SHY. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I SURE AM GOING TO MISS OUR HONEY BUT I DO KNOW THAT WE ARE ON TO BIG AND BETTER THINGS FOR SURE.

merry xmas

HUGS
RAINEY
ILClaymate
« Reply #527 on: December 24, 2006, 05:39:46 AM »

Hey Pam!  Thanks for attempting to call me and then drop me on the floor!  rofl  I wondered what happened.  I couldn't hear much since it sounded like Clay was talking under water.  Laughing  I got disconnected when I hit the floor but it was a nice minute of hearing his voice...thanks!  bigsmile  How cool you sat by Allison! 

Well, it wasn't me specifically. It was pretty much the fandom as a whole.

Michelle ~ Huggles  I'm sorry you were offended last night.  I haven't watched any video so I have no idea what or how he said this but you don't think he was just being his sarcastic, playful self and joking around?  I'm sure being that close to Raleigh he had alot of friends and family in the audience.  I wouldn't think he would purposely offend them.  Was this a comment about the whole fandom or those from North Carolina?  Again, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your concerts and hope you have a safe trip to Florida today.  Huggles
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #528 on: December 24, 2006, 05:56:17 AM »

PAMNADIA!!!!!

I'm so excited that you were able to sit front row last night!  Make sure you give your mom a big hug!  She's the best!  Oh and tell her I said hi too!  Wink

I'm glad you had the experience that you did last night.  Especially sitting next to Allison, you got an extra up close glimpse of the man! 

You deserved to sit up there last night and I'm glad you got the chance!  Huggles

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #529 on: December 24, 2006, 06:51:46 AM »

Pamela, you soooo deserved that front row seat!  I loved your recap, and I'm glad you had fun! 

Michelle and Pam, I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy the concert the other night.  Haven't seen any clack of the banter, so I can't comment.  But, I'm hoping it was just Clay's snarkly way of being funny.  I'd hate to think that he went out of his way to purposely be hurtful to someone.  I just don't think he would ever do that.  I hope you enjoyed last nights show more. 

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #530 on: December 24, 2006, 06:58:54 AM »

Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #531 on: December 24, 2006, 08:52:39 AM »

Pamela, how wonderful for you, front row seats loved reading your experience, and man to be that close Thud!

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
ralncclayfan
Claynewbie

« Reply #532 on: December 24, 2006, 09:00:07 AM »

Hi all,  I was one of the lucky ones at the concert last nite!!!  It was amazing !!!  I so hate that Sunny and Michelle were disappointed with the one they attended.  Clay said something last nite too that had a few people shaking their heads and not liking his comment about he knew that Greensboro would not guess the word of the nite.  In fact. a couple that sit in front of my sister and i got up and left.  the man was not amused at all.  But you could tell he did not want to be there to start with.  But i noticed no one mentioned that there were a lot of men there and they were really enjoying the show.  Clay was great and the big highlite for me now is the banter,  he is so quick witted and nothing escapes him.  During the time with the technical difficulties,  he played it up and had the audience rolling in laughter.  Most entertainers would have been at a loss.  I know a lot of people are not used to his sarcastic banter and take it to heart.  The concert was amazing and just when i think he just can't get any better, there he goes and proves me wrong.  Hoped he would mention the tour for next year, but he didn't.  My sister and i have already decided we will have to go to ebay for his next concert,  because if he continues in small venues , it will be very hard to get tickets !!  I hate i did not get to meet any of the Claymaniacs there last nite, but i met some wonderful fans though.  They don't belong to any fan club but check out all the message boards to keep up with Clay.  I just had to close my eyes and let Clays' singing feel my soul, he has such a beautiful voice.  By the way, everyone around me had there binoculars !!  And by the way,  that zipper was zipped,  i think we all checked it out.  I was so sad coming home last nite knowing that it will be along time, hopefully not too long till we see Clay in concert again.  Excuse my spelling and my long windness but Clay was just great last nite.  I got Christmas my gift early !!!  Love to all,  Carolyn
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #533 on: December 24, 2006, 09:54:06 AM »

Carolyn- I just read your experience at the concert last night. You actually got the feeling from the beginning that he didn't want to be there? AND you believe people left Because of his comments?

WoW! That could not have played off well to certain people...

Sounds, too, like he may have been biting the hand the feeds him..near his hometown, the state he is from AND currently lives. Why Clay..why?

Something got under skin but there really is NO reason to do that. Period.

I feel bad for those that...well, felt bad. I sure hope that this, too, does not come back to bite him in the a s s .

Maybe he needs to do some soul searching..or we do, as fans.

Lora
quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #534 on: December 24, 2006, 10:19:36 AM »

Carolyn- I just read your experience at the concert last night. You actually got the feeling from the beginning that he didn't want to be there? AND you believe people left Because of his comments?

Hi Lora!  wave  I interpreted Carolyn to mean that she felt the man that got up and left didn't want to be there, not Clay.  I could be wrong.  And, unless the man actually said that he was leaving because of a comment, we have no way of knowing exactly why he left.  Maybe he had other plans and had originally intended on staying for only part of the show.  Maybe he or his wife didn't feel well or had to attend to something that came up.  To say that he left because of a comment is just an assumption, not fact, and assumptions  can lead to more assumptions and interpretations that may or may not be substantiated. 

Just something to think about.

"You're a mystery. You have your own look. There is something very magical about your look and your voice is so pure." --Gladys Knight--
sjlogghe
SuperFan

Clay's Geography Tutor

« Reply #535 on: December 24, 2006, 10:22:13 AM »

I am sorry that some of you haven't had the best concert experiences.  I resepect your opinions, and feel bad that the shows weren't what you were hoping for.  Here is my take on the banter things.

At the first few concerts, no one in the audience was dressed weird, had crazy hats on, came "all decked out", because they didn't know Clay would be looking and interacting with people in the audience.  Clay picked on himself more, and simply talked to a few people.  Then as people got to know more about the show, they realized hey, I need to do something to get Clay's attention!  So they started doing and wearing anything they could to get that attention.  To me, that's just asking to be "made fun of".  Would you honestly go to a classy, orchestra Christmas show with boas around your neck, or crazy hats on your head, and expect not to be looked at or considered weird or tacky?  I know I wouldn't - whether it got Clay's attention or not.  Maybe Clay didn't choose the right words, I'm not saying he was right in what he did.  And I haven't seen ALL of the banter videos to see everything that was said.  Maybe some things were uncalled for, maybe not - but I know that even if Clay did "make fun of" these people, they got what they wanted.  They got Clay's attention, and to me, if that's how you choose to get his attention then you can't be mad at how he chooses to give you that attention.  IMO, based on what I've heard about some of the comments and such, what people were doing and wearing WAS tacky.  And Clay is never one to be short on words or hold in his opinion, we all know that! 

I think maybe CLAY was offended and embarrassed with how his fans were acting, dressing, etc.  I notice in a lot of videos he apologizes to the orchestra for us - he shouldn't have to do that.  Yelling out at shows like that, the way some people were dressed, the way they were acting, to me it was uncalled for.  Maybe Clay's making fun of people was his way of telling us we need to start acting better.  Especially since he was the "guest" at these orchestra shows - the fans should have been better "guests" too.

JMO, like I said I'm not saying Clay was right or wrong in what he did, that's just my take on what I've heard about everything.  And I'm never one to hold my opinion back either!   Paranoid Laughing

Faith is the substance of all things hoped for . . .
ralncclayfan
Claynewbie

« Reply #536 on: December 24, 2006, 10:33:37 AM »

Hi Lora,  Yes this guy definitely did not want to be at the concert.  His wife was enjoying herself and he just sit there and showed no emotion,  i think he was just looking for an excuse,  and of course clay gave him one.  There were some mutterings and shaking of the heads when he implied that Greensboro was not smart enough to guess that word, but Clay did try to cover it up.  Most of the men around me really did like Clay and were really enjoying the concert.  But  Clay really does need to think how some people will take his jokes . I think that this was one of the best, if not the best concert that i have attended.  But i do want Clay to continue to win over more fans though.  I just love his banter and i do hope he will continue but with a little caution as to maybe insulting someone.  Forgot to say that i was so happy that Pam got to sit on the front row. With the way Clay looked last nite,  I would have had to be carried off on a stretcher !!!  Did i say he looked fantastic ?????  Carolyn
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #537 on: December 24, 2006, 10:46:39 AM »

I agree Quynn, now that I reread it, that it was the MAN, not Clay that acted as if he didn't want to be there. Thanks for being "smahrter" than me! Laughing

and sjlogghe- how weird..I started to think WHY after I posted, and I agree with you too! How rude to call out during a concert, unless it is the time that Clay would ask for it. And how some of his fans "are" is just different sometimes..how would you like to be Clay, doing an interview, and you are known MORE for the way your fans act, or what they wear or what they do, than a CD you just poured your heart and soul into and the interview turns into Clay having to "defend" his "fans". Sort of embarrasing.

I do believe a very large portion of his fandom are just "people" that enjoy his voice. I have never worn anything "weird" unless you consider a CLay tshirt "weird" to an outdoor venue fair concert...

maybe he is wishing we would "Straighten up and fly right".

Good conversation ladies for Christmas Eve day, but I needed a diversion from all this Holiday stuff.

And Clay, if you are reading...Some of us "feel your pain!"....

Have a Merry Christmas!

Lora
ralncclayfan
Claynewbie

« Reply #538 on: December 24, 2006, 10:53:03 AM »

Sorry Lora,  I meant the guy sitting in front of me was not happy  to be there and yes ,  maybe it was time for them to leave and maybe i was assuming too much,  but i caught the look he gave his wife after the comment when they left.  but as i said before the other men and ladies there were practically  rolling in the aisle at his banter.  I feel this guy was one that was just drug to the concert.  Maybe, i was assuming too much, but he was not a happy camper.  Love,  love Clay,  but we have got to realize that not everyone loves Clay like we do.  I have two daughters who dislike Clay as much as I love him.  I try not to even mention his name in their presence,  because i know there are going to be some things said in anger that i wished were not.  Forgot to wish everyone a Merry Christmas !!!  Clay fans are the best,  another reason i love to go to his concerts,  is meeting other people who love Clay.  Lots of Love,  Carolyn
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #539 on: December 24, 2006, 07:51:49 PM »

I have to say that I agree with Sara.  I only was able to go to one show this year, but I was able to listen to almost all the rest via the cellstream.  I do believe that at the beginning of the tour Clay was trying to get into the groove of being back on the road and bantering.  He didn't have his back singers to joke with, so he was going to have to talk and joke with the audience. 

He got into a groove and started interacting and as he did that more and more, people tried to get his attention.  I think people thought that the crazier they dressed or whatnot they would get noticed.   In most cases that did turn out to be the case.  He also encouraged people, sarcastically mind you, but sometimes people just don't catch on to sarcasm.  I'm not saying that Clay was never wrong on this tour or didn't say something that maybe if he thought more about he would have chosen not to say, but I also think in a lot of cases people bring on his comments by either things they wear or things they chose to yell out.

I don't think that Clay would ever intentionally say anything that would alienate people or hurt people's feelings.  He's been there, he knows what it's like and I honestly just feel that he was joking around and being his snarky self.  I know that isn't what everyone enjoys and I totally respect everyone's opinions.  With that said, I can say that I enjoyed the concert I attended on Friday night in Charlotte.  I thought he was funny, snarky and he sang beautifully.  I can't wait to see him again on the next tour.

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx