gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:40:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 360
Total: 360

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cellcert: Clay at the Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank, NJ  (Read 76582 times)
clayfannj
UltimateFan

Remember, CHEESE is a comfort food.

« Reply #420 on: December 17, 2006, 06:39:57 AM »

It's the morning after the night before!!!

Each concert is soooo different..

Clay was stunning..

His voice was stunning..

His humor, spontaneous wit was fabulous.. He had us all in the palm of his hand the whole time..

This was a rough crowd.. LOVING but.. to my mind too demanding of him..  Reminded me of Madison Square Garden  JNT#1..

The flashing was impossible.. We were all pissed too, Pamela!!

There was calling out..alot...  like a classroom where you're kids are just on the border of being unruly..

He handled it...Commented sometimes.. "I feel like I'm losing control here!!"

For me... the audience got a bit too rude..Too much familiarity.. But then again, I'm an honorary Southern Belle and have a different appreciation of  mannerly behavior!!!

Clay was hurting at the end.. It bothered us all...It's hard to watch someone you love wince or react in discomfort..  I still maintain that anyone else would have cancelled some of these shows  and healed...  Not Clay.. He is so giving....Aside from the apparent dizzies and nausea...(He walked out really quickly and wobbly..I think he was a bit annoyed too...Why do they do that to him.? .. It angers me and embarrasses me.. He deserves so much better than that..

We ended the show..(If I can clean up Gwenn's perceptive comment)  like an "unfulfilled lover!!"  We were all saddened and worried about his condition...We all just love him so..

Ending with the positive that happened..

My son and his GF saw their first concert..  They loved him!!  THEY ARE TOAST!!!! Clapping Clapping :clapHe wants to see one with ONLY him singing.. And, SHE wants to get a copy of MCWL.. (That will be an extra stocking stuffer from me!!)

My son went out to the lobby during the show and got to meet and chat with Jamie!!!Yes they talked about Clay..

Susie and Marilyn looked wonderful..( NO TIARA!!!!,,GO SUSIE!!) and had fabulous seats.. I saw Marilyn was the one who he made eye contact with..

Our seats were pretty good too!! And of course.. We all had such a fine time together  doing what we all do best..

Living in the moment and LOVING our "AFFAIR WITH  That WONDERFUL MAN!"

FAVORITE LINES of the night..

He'll get an 18 wheeler to "load us up" and take us from concert to concert!!! lmao

For all the men who let themselves be "dragged along" to  a concert.. "It will pay off later at HOME!!" Paranoid Laughing Laughing Laughing

G-D I love that man..

It's NEVER ENOUGH!!!

Honorary Southern Belle

OBSESSIVE BIRD WATCHER

Tracking the Red -Crested Warbler
"I may be old, but I'm strong and lusty!"..Wm. Shakespeare
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #421 on: December 17, 2006, 08:43:34 AM »

When the very people who "claim" to "love" you treat you with total disrespect by being indifferent to your wishes - wishes that are not unreasonable, and in fact, are mandated due to your own health.... just UGH.  Clay must feel like he's in some kind of bizarro world alternate universe sometimes.

THIS IS SO HOW I FELT LAST NIGHT, PAMELA.  THE WORD ENTITLEMENT KEEPS COMING TO MIND.  OVER AND OVER.

THIS IS A BIT OF A RANT--

CLAY LOOKED SO MAGNIFICENT.  CLAY SOUNDED SO INCREDIBLE.  CLAY GAVE HIS ALL.

AND THAT WAS NOT ENOUGH.  IT IS NEVER ENOUGH.

THE CALLING OUT WAS OBNOXIOUS.  REMINDED ME OF WHEN I TAUGHT THIRD GRADE.  NOTICE ME, NOTICE ME.  FOR GOD SAKE, THESE ARE GROWN WOMEN WHO CLAIM TO LOVE CLAY.  THE AUDIENCE WAS ABOUT 75% CLAY FANS.  EVERYONE KNEW HE WAS SICK.  EVERYONE KNEW HOW DIFFICULT IT HAD BEEN FOR THE PAST COUPLE OF DAYS TO PERFORM AND NOT DISAPPOINT.  BUT DID SOME MAKE IT EASIER FOR HIM?

NO.  FLASH AWAY.  DISRESPECT AWAY.  SCREAM FOR CLAY DURING THE SYMPHONY PERFORMANCE.  FLASH SOME MORE. 

THE ORCHESTRA WAS VERY LOUD WHICH UNDER NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN A PROBLEM.  BUT HE HAS AN EAR INFECTION.    SO, ON TOP OF THAT NOISE, THEY FLASH. 

I AM SORRY FOR RANTING.  I HAVE NOT READ ANYTHING YET AS JILL JUST LEFT AND WE HADN'T GOTTEN HOME UNTIL 2:30.

I LOVE HIM MORE THAN EVER.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
lmatheson
Claymation

« Reply #422 on: December 17, 2006, 09:21:50 AM »

I mentioned to my husband about Clay being sick because of Camera flashes which had been announced not to do and his comment was his fans has no respect for him. That hurts! I really think that rules should be enforced not to have cameras in concert like that. A lot of people are plain selfish they do things for themselves without regards for others. I hope Clay decides not to go there again. 
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #423 on: December 17, 2006, 09:53:21 AM »

BUT LET ME SAY, HIS VOICE WAS STILL OUTSTANDING. HE STILL JOKED WITH THE AUDIENCE.
WE DID HELP HIM A LITTLE. ON SLEIGH RIDE, WHEN IT CAME TO THE GIDDY UP PART, HE SOLICITED ASSISTANCE FROM SOMEONE IN THE AUDIENCE...........MMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! EVERY SINGLE GIDDYUP HE POINTED TO ME TO DO, AND HE GAVE ME A THUMBS UP.. OML IT WAS GREAT!!!
Hey Giddy Up Girl!  I'm glad you and Susy had a grand time!  I don't know how he does it, but I know he doesn't seem to want to let anyone down. 

Too bad some of his own fans let him down.

I can't wait to see Susy's pics!

Clandy, thanks for the pics you posted.  So sweet.

His voice was amazing, and of course he was beautiful to look at!!!  The banter was funnier than I've ever heard it, but he did ask the venue to take the spot off him whenever he talked.  The lights were really bothering him. 
Micki, it sounds like a really great show, even with the light issue.  I'm so glad you were there!!

Clay was stunning..

His voice was stunning..

His humor, spontaneous wit was fabulous.. He had us all in the palm of his hand the whole time..

That sounds just glorious Marion!  That should be what it's all about - him, not "us."

It angers me and embarrasses me.. He deserves so much better than that...

Bingo. That's it, straight from our honorary southern belle!  It's embarrassing how people treat him in these situations, and then turn around and say "I love him!"  Blech.  Give me a freakin break man.  Hypocrite much?  Roll eyes 
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #424 on: December 17, 2006, 09:57:09 AM »

CLAY LOOKED SO MAGNIFICENT.  CLAY SOUNDED SO INCREDIBLE.  CLAY GAVE HIS ALL.

AND THAT WAS NOT ENOUGH.  IT IS NEVER ENOUGH.

THE CALLING OUT WAS OBNOXIOUS.  REMINDED ME OF WHEN I TAUGHT THIRD GRADE.  NOTICE ME, NOTICE ME.  FOR GOD SAKE, THESE ARE GROWN WOMEN WHO CLAIM TO LOVE CLAY.  THE AUDIENCE WAS ABOUT 75% CLAY FANS.  EVERYONE KNEW HE WAS SICK.  EVERYONE KNEW HOW DIFFICULT IT HAD BEEN FOR THE PAST COUPLE OF DAYS TO PERFORM AND NOT DISAPPOINT.  BUT DID SOME MAKE IT EASIER FOR HIM?

NO.  FLASH AWAY.  DISRESPECT AWAY.  SCREAM FOR CLAY DURING THE SYMPHONY PERFORMANCE.  FLASH SOME MORE. 

Yikes GWENN! That would have made me so uncomfortable.  I'm just glad you all could ENJOY the concert anyway, and that's because Clay truly is a consummate entertainer. 

Just think, he could have ranted back to the audience like Michael Richards did.  Paranoid

You can rant any time you want to, when it comes to yellers and flashers.  Smile
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #425 on: December 17, 2006, 11:11:05 AM »

I'm home!

If possible I love that man even more than I did before last night.

There's not much more I can add to last night than what's already been said.

The flashing was so annoying! I was getting so angry at people.

I made a point of knowing how to turn off my flash before the show and to be honest, I didn't take many pictures during the show at all because he was so mesmerizing.

I have some clack from last night instead, Don't save it all for Christmas Day, O Come O come emmanuel, and My grown up Christmas list.

I'm going to up load it soon.

It was so hard to watch him struggling for strength and composure during DSIAFCD and every time a flash would go off he would wince.

Why won't people learn?

I just love him!

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #426 on: December 17, 2006, 05:27:30 PM »

Clay is an amazing man.  Last night, I witnessed a fellow human reach into the depth of his soul for the courage, stamina, intelligence and grace to pull off a remarkable performance under less than ideal circumstances.  And, although he may have felt all alone on the stage, (although I suspect he may have been reaching out for spiritual guidance) battling his illness, struggling to give his gift to the audience,  I wonder if he was aware that he was the recipient of a gift.....the prayers of his caring fans....the fans who place his wellbeing above the desire to obtain a picture using flash photography that was......

(1) against the rules of the venue
(2) annoying to the fans trying to watch the show
(3) quite obviously a contributing factor to Clay's deteriorating health over the course of the evening

Did he know about the prayers from his caring fans....the fans who politely allowed him to speak at his show and allowed him to direct the conversation like the  conductor directed the orchestra.  Could you imagine a show where the audience interrupted the conductor every 30 seconds to to give their opinion on the upcoming song selection?

Did he know about the prayers of his caring fans, those who respect him and adhere to proper etiquette and allow him to finish the song before showing appreciation....and who showed it by using their indoor voices and clapping their hands....not screaming with a shrill resonance at the top of their lungs into the ears of those around them and the ears of a man who is fighting an inner ear infection.

I wonder if he could feel the vibes of his caring fans?  Did he know that their were caring fans in the audience, or did the effects of the carless and selfish bodies in the audience hide the love?  I wonder how he will remember this performance?  It's kind of sad to think about.

How will I remember it?  I'm still in awe over the beauty that Clay emitted last night.....the vox showcased a range of emotions and touched me in ways I've never experienced before.  And, although I was thouroughly annoyed with the fandom last evening, I was able to walk away emotionally moved and satisfied.  Clay is an amazing man.  Respect deserved!

I'm just glad you all could ENJOY the concert anyway, and that's because Clay truly is a consummate entertainer. 

"You're a mystery. You have your own look. There is something very magical about your look and your voice is so pure." --Gladys Knight--
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #427 on: December 17, 2006, 10:30:14 PM »

I don't know how one can fall more deeply in love with someone than I loved Clay before this concert but I did. I have always seen him in good health. When he first took the stage I could tell he was not up to par physically but I expected that.

His singing and banter were the best. Stellar performance. Then well into the show you could tell that he was having a difficult time. His normally beautifully expressive hands were clutching the mike like his life depended on it. Well, maybe keeping himself in an upright position depended on it. He balanced himself most of the time with one hand or the other on the stool and then perched himself half on and off the stool. I don't think that he could get up on the stool by himself but this incredible man carried on.

Clay touches something deep into my being that makes my spirit soar and he did that last night more than ever.

Seeing him struggle was both heartbreaking and breathtaking.  It is amazing watching what he can do under the most adverse conditions.

Security in my section was very alert for cameras. I did take a few pictures with no flash. They have never been any good before and I don't expect they will be any better now. I took out my binoculars for most of the show. Security, thinking I had a camera came up from behind and tapped me on my shoulder and scared the s*** out of me.  I jumped half way out of my seat and took such an intake of breath that it frightened even me. She was lucky because most of the time when I am startled I scream. Poor woman doesn't know lucky she was! The thing is I must have scared her more than she scared me. I never saw anyone back away so fast muttering that she thought it was a camera.

My sister and I went to a nice Italian restaurant before the show and it was filled with concert goers. They played Clay's two Cd's nonstop. It was a great way to start off an evening.

I planned to go to the bus after the concert but just couldn't bear to see Clay in pain anymore. I knew that if at all possible that he would put on a smiling and brave face and that was enough for me.

My admiration for him grows with each passing day.
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #428 on: December 18, 2006, 05:51:27 AM »

To all who posted about the Red Bank concert (Marion, Gwenn, Susan, Jill, Marilyn, and Mary), your thoughts were beautifully said.  I believe we all came away with a newfound respect for Clay.  I know I did.  Watching him (especially towards the end of the evening) broke my heart.  But it also made me realize what the human spirit can endure.....how determination and faith (as I'm sure he drew on that) can guide you through.  Wimp, wuss, etc.......we've all heard them, haven't we?  I dare anyone to use them in my presence again!  Strength means more than bulging muscles or how many pounds one can bench press.  It means inner strength......a strength that comes from your spirit, your determination, and your faith.  Red Bank also made me realize just how much Clay loves us (his fans).  I believe he'd push himself to the ends of the earth for the ones he loves, and I'm blessed to be one of them.  He doesn't ever want to disappoint, and you know what, he never does.  (At least, not me).  Did I come away "unfulfilled" because he didn't do an encore?  Absolutely not!  It would have been foolish for him to struggle through that last song, as ill as he was.  I 'll hear All Is Well next year.  I hope Clay comes away from this tour, knowing how much he means to us, how much we truly love him.  I hope he felt our love and prayers in Red Bank and Long Island.  I hope he realizes that his health and well being mean more to us than any concert, any appearance.  I hope he realizes it was only a small portion of his "fans" who were disrespectful that night in Red Bank, NJ.  And for those "fans", I'm hoping a lesson was learned. 

Clay, you truly are an amazing man!  I'm so proud to be a fan!

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
lmatheson
Claymation

« Reply #429 on: December 18, 2006, 06:34:26 AM »

I can't help thinking if those rude fans were anti- Clay and only there to promote ill will. Just a thought!!!!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx