gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:29:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 393
Total: 393

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clay Blog Central  (Read 28417 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2006, 02:18:27 AM »

For me, Clay's humor combines a lot of these elements. He has incredible instincts and in concert plays off any funny moments that might crop up. In his Jukebox Tour concerts in 2005, he did a bit just during a Motown Medley where he found a guy who had been dragged there by his wife or girlfriend and went out in the audience and bantered. Each night was different and each night was funny.

Clay's humor is very snarky and so some people don't quite get it at first. What amazes me about him on talk shows is that he is quick to pick up something the host says and run with it. He can completely take over his time with Leno or Kimmel as witnessed here in the numerous times they have invited him for “couch time”, which is rather unusual for the musical guest. It's fun to watch older clips and see his maturity in both age and in his comedic timing,which was always quite good but now is as good as many seasoned entertainers. He's a storyteller.

CONCLAYVEBLOG

*check out the funny videos in this blog*  bigsmile

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2006, 03:41:38 AM »

Cute Blog:

http://2007fellows.blogspot.com/2006/11/clay-aiken-lisa.html

Tuesday, November 14, 2006
The Clay Aiken Lisa?!

I'm killing two birds with one stone. Those two birds are (1) meeting potential symphony audience members, and (2) getting a full-body workout in just 30 minutes. The stone? Curves! Yes, Curves, the women's fitness franchise.

A few of my mom's friends are members of Curves, and I always thought Curves was designed for that demographic. I may be the youngest member of my Curves, but I've been going for two months, and I actually really like it. It's two minutes from where I live, the closest gym is really far away, ::insert additional excuses here::.

There is always one staff member on duty at Curves, and a big part of her job is encouraging conversation among members. Linda, the woman who usually works when I work out, has the enviable talent of remembering every member's name, her kids' names, her dog's name, where she works, etc.

Linda knows I work at the Grand Rapids Symphony. Last week, I walked into Curves and Linda exclaimed, "Oh my gosh, Lisa! I heard an ad on the radio! I didn't know Clay Aiken was singing with the Grand Rapids Symphony! Do you have any information we could post on the bulletin board?!" Indeed, the Grand Rapids Symphony will be celebrating "Christmas with Clay Aiken" on December 19. I can't say I'm a fan, but I was more than happy to bring in a poster and a stack of postcards to place at the check-in area.

The very next day, I walked in the door to Linda's effusive voice: "That's her!" Another woman: "The Clay Aiken Lisa?!" I was a very popular girl for the duration of my workout. After explaining the details of the concert and directing the women to the stack of glossy postcards, I feel like I've helped the Grand Rapids Symphony tap a new market segment. I'm following up with a few women who are planning on purchasing tickets, and hopefully they'll buy them soon since this show is selling fast.
posted by Lisa Bryington at 10:22 PM   

Lora
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2006, 09:59:49 PM »

Great blog posts - thanks y'all!

Sunday, November 19, 2006
Live With...Clay?

Neither the RCA, the Clay Aiken nor the show’s website said anything about why Clay was going to be on “Live With Regis and Kelly” Friday, so I just presumed he would be promoting his Christmas tour.

So imagine my surprise Friday night when I hit play on my VCR and saw Clay sitting at the desk, co-hosting with Kelly.

I really wish there would’ve been a little more promotion on this one because if you missed it, you missed something really cool.

Clay was funny, flirtatious and just plain fabulous. If you watch “Live,” you know that Kelly Ripa rarely lets anyone get a word in edgewise—including Regis. But Clay confronted that head-on, taking shots at Kelly whenever he could and even putting his hand over her mouth at one point so he could ask Emmitt Smith a question.

Ryan Seacrest might want to watch his back…

The downside was that all the excitement over trivia “a go-go” and Clay’s constant attempts to be heard led to the worst performance I’ve ever heard from him, as his voice cracked several times. In his defense, though, the sound was completely off as the band was not loud enough and his backup singers were too loud. However, it was nice to see Clay singing one of the original songs from his CD (He did “A Thousand Ways.”).

Clay made up for the performance, though, with his fancy footwork with Karina Smirnoff (Mario Lopez’s “Dancing” partner). So much for Clay not being able to dance.

Though I’m discouraged by the lack of promotion this appearance got, I am encouraged that Clay appears to be back on track just before the Christmas shopping season. Clay even looked more like himself, ditching the long bangs and lightening his hair. I think he too was stung by some of the backlash, so it’s nice to see he’s moving past it.

And if the singing career fizzles, I think he’s definitely got something to fall back on.

Herald Dispatch
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2006, 05:16:40 AM »

PAMELA - THAT POST WAS GREAT.  IT WAS TOO BAD LITTLE OR NO PUBLICITY WAS MADE FOR THIS PERFORMANCE.  HE WAS GREAT AND I SURE HOPE THOSE THAT WATCHED FELT THE SAME WAY. Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud!
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2006, 02:16:50 AM »

Clay: Hand-in-mouth disease?
I'm sure we've just gotten started on this subject, but the Clay Aiken/Kelly Ripa "scandal" (link borrowed from elliottfan's comment, with thanks) should bring out the supporters and disparagers (if that's a word). I haven't seen it (nothing on youtube when I just checked except a clip of Clay gamely attempting to samba, in which everybody's smiling and looking pretty genial), but even if mom7801's description is accurate (that it was all in fun), it still sounds like a questionable idea.

Rule No. 1 in the Idol Postgraduate Showbiz Etiquette Handbook: Do not place hand over mouth of opinionated, forceful talk show host, even in jest. Can you imagine what would have happened if Clay had tried that with Oprah? Or Rosie? Or Barbara Walters?

I occasionally tape and watch Regis & Kelly depending on who their guests are. Kelly, IMO, plays the talk show host thing a little loosey-goosey (especially when Regis is not there to counter balance or keep her in check). She has done and said some things that have raised my eyebrows a time or two. She pushes the envelope a lot of times, IMO; but, I just chalk it up to her personality and Kelly being Kelly. She is a good foil for the older, proper Regis.

This, seems to me, a case of her being able to dish it out and not being able to take it. It seemed like all in good fun at the time. The mood (set by her, IMO) was such that it did not seem out of place or scandalous.

I don't put Kelly in the same league as Barbara Walters or Oprah, so I don't see Clay doing it to either of them. If he would have, playfully, done it to Rosie; I think Rosie would have had a snappy comeback--words or actions--at the time but still in good fun.

Posted by: mom7801 | Nov 20, 2006 1:30:59 PM

USATODAYBLOGS

There are 54 comments on this currently.

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2006, 02:18:10 AM »

Kelly Ripa Goes Off (The Deep End)
Respect is a two way street.

Clay cohosted with Kelly Ripa on LIVE With Regis and Kelly last Friday. Well, he was supposed to be the cohost. In reality, he was mostly a stage fixture until the very end, not that I'm complaining or anything.

This show is not really on my radar normally, but I have seen it a few times, and always when Clay is on of course.

I read the comments on several message forums about the appearance, and comments about today's show as well, during which Kelly basically called Clay hostile, ill-mannered, and disrespectful. Good thing she was comforted by her good friend Howard Stern, him being such a bastion of integrity when it comes to the treatment of women after all.

Her comments seem to stem from the fact that he put his hand over her mouth on the show Friday, after apparently being frustrated that he couldn't get a word in edgewise. She fired off question after vacuous question to Emmitt and Cheryl, from Dancing With the Stars, hardly taking a breath. It was almost as if Clay weren't even there.

I thought it was funny, a joke. She didn't. He apologized, on the air. They moved on.

Story over, right? Of course not! It's show biz folks.

Honestly, Kelly has shown bias against Clay since the first time they met and she went on about how much she liked Ruben. That's fine, I like Ruben too. But I wouldn't get all up in his face about how much better I liked Clay. Isn't that kind of... disrespectful?

Speaking of disrespectful, I admit I am confused. I seem to recall a time when Kelly dressed up as Clay for Halloween. In fact, she showed this on the show Friday. But only part of it. She didn't show the part where she, as Clay, kissed Regis, who was in costume as Bo Bice.

What a respectful way to portray Clay! Except NOT.

But that's not all. On Friday's show, with full knowledge that Clay doesn't like cats, in fact, has a phobia of cats, she still waved a cat photo in his face, on the air, on purpose. Even made a threatening statement about it. But I assumed she was kidding. You know, made a joke.

Sort of like when Clay put his hand over her mouth. I guess humor is often lost on the fanatical.

I am not saying Clay was right in trying to surpress Kelly's interview with Emmitt and Cheryl so as to be able to speak to them. But she insulted him right at the top of the show by airing that (partial) video of her mocking him.

Kelly Ripa's bias against Clay is well documented, and goes way back. She thought Clay was the person she portrayed that Halloween two years ago. Her lack of knowledge about who Clay really is? That's on her, not him. Her rant this morning made her look petty and small. And most of all, silly.

Kelly Ripa, you lost a fan today.

I'm not saying two wrongs make a right. But I am saying this...

Respect is a two way street. You can't treat people like dirt and then expect them to kiss your ass.

Kelly is supposed to be a professional talk show host. Clay is a singer, who was invited to appear on the show as the cohost. He was then treated disrespectfully himself, from the beginning.

Consider this - the show was LIVE; no taping and editing. He was made fun of with the Halloween video, he had a cat picture waved in his face, he didn't get to interview anyone, and his performance was plagued with poor sound management.

Even with all those factors, he still was able to be funny, to interact with Kelly, even if he wasn't allowed to interact with the guests, and to hopefully have some fun while there.

If you agree with me that Clay did a wonderful job for his very first LIVE cohosting gig, please take a minute and let the Live With Regis & Kelly show know. This is great PR for Clay!

Go to Live With Regis & Kelly, click on "Review this episode," register and tell them how much you enjoyed seeing Clay on the show Friday!

You know, there is no need to bash Kelly for her unprofessional demeanor on the show this morning; in fact, I don't see the need to acknowledge her at all. She really isn't that important in the grand scheme of Clay's life.

What's important is supporting Clay. I respectfully encourage you to do just that.

DEBUNKTHISBLOG

Clay "is" the "News"
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2006, 09:51:43 AM »

The blogs have gone crazy with the Ripa thing.... I think at this point, it's all just buzzzzz.....

Trapper Juan (This one is snark)

Debunk This (Has the "Hands" video)
Idle Wandering
Thistle Hut
ClaySpots (heart warming story)

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2006, 07:34:16 PM »

Clay Aiken: No. 1
Lots of comments to the Top 10 American Idols list.

That's good. Community involvement, interaction, debate, agreement, disagreement, condescension and animated dissertation are all qualities of a vibrant community with a self-medicated passion play.

But here's the point:

Clay Aiken is an original.

There are no templates. There are no comparisons. Suggestions like he was influenced by Luther Vandross, Stevie Wonder and Barry Manilow are absurd.

Here's the deal:

In March 2003, music kind of sucked. 50 Cent's "In Da Club" was the No. 1 hit. Sean Paul's "Get Busy" replaced that.

Huh?

Exactly.

Then there was this little nerdy guy named Clay Aiken who was a wild-card entrant on "American Idol," a talent show that was becoming a pop culture force with hurricane strength.

Dissed by Randy, Paula and Simon en route to the final group, Aiken came back to sing Elton John's "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" and the world stopped.

Really, it did.

I remember sitting in the LA airport and hearing guys in their 60s talking about "American Idol."

Here's the gist of the conversation, not exact, but fragmented from a steel-cased memory:

"Amazing that Kimberly (Caldwell) made it through to another round."

"No kidding. But how about Josh Gracin?"

"It all comes down to Clay. He's the best talent by far. There is no one close to him."

"What about Ruben?"

"Pul-leease."

No kidding.

These were two guys on the precipice of retirement, more interested in the color of cardigan sweater they would wear for a Gen G dinner (count backward, it's Gen G, correct?) and they knew Aiken was an original, a freak of nature, a heavenly gift,  akin to Judy Garland, Buddy Rich, Joni Mitchell and Kurt Cobain.

No one else before them, no one else beyond.

Clay Aiken's voice is distinctive, stylish, flamboyant, subtle, gracious, inventive, unpretentious, amazing, memorable and flawless.

Honorable mention to the list is clearly Jennifer Hudson, who improved each week with graceful, inventive subtletly. She was a force, no doubt.

But Clay Aiken, without question, is the best singer to walk onto the Kodak Theatre Stage.

He is immense, compassionate and real.

Simply put, there is no singer on the planet with the vocal chords of Clay Aiken.

Deal with it.

Posted on November 29, 2006 | Permalink

Steel Kaleidoscopes
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2006, 10:31:33 PM »

This blog was written by a man who took his wife to the Merrillville concert Saturday night.

Excerpt:

What was most surprising came after the show, as hundreds of "Claymates" lined the parking lot in sixteen-degree weather waiting for their American Idol to come out of his behemoth bus and pass in review. He did so, briefly, and as you can see in the embedded video, the "Claymates" loved it. For most of the fans in attendance this was not their first Clay Aiken concert. In fact, many attendees had seen the same show the previous night in Waukeegan, Illinois, and more than a few find their way to every concert Aiken performs. While it was my first Clay Aiken concert, I'm sure my wife won't let it be my last.

Is Clay Aiken the new Elvis? The last time I've seen fans so devoted to their Idol was when Elvis was King. Is there a new King in town? While Aiken calls himself the "King of Controversy," I'm sure millions of "Claymates" the world over call him king of their hearts.

Average Joe American
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2006, 04:10:05 AM »

PAMELA - THANKS.  I SURE HOPE I CAN FIND CLAY HERE IN CT. AFTER THE CONCERT.

HUGS
RAINEY
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2006, 09:20:37 AM »

From the blog of WRAL cameraman Courtney Davis, called Underexposed.

Happy Birthday Clay!

The day before Clay Aiken's birthday WRAL anchor Lynda Loveland and I had the pleasure of being invited in to the star's home. He doesn't often invite in the media, and who can blame him? Fans can do some strange things. Heck, even we, the media, have been known to do some odd things in order to get the 'scoop'.

On this day I guess it can be said that Lynda and I were getting the scoop on Clay's new North Carolina home. Lovely, my affectionate name for my favorite traveling Clay Aiken companion, and I have been invited into the Aiken household before. We were able to check out his place in LA a few years ago after a taping of a Nick at Night holiday special. It was a nice place, but his new place, closer to home, is much more fitting. His mother, Faye Parker, did a wonderful job decorating! Although most of the Christmas decorations were not in place just yet, Clay did have a very special tree decorated. In his assistant Jennifer's office was a tree dedicated to all the trimmings his fans had sent in over the years.

In other parts of the house Clay showed us how blue played an important roll in the kitchen. Even Raleigh, his little doggie companion, has blue dinner dishes.

Although, the dining room was totally green ... so Clay fans don't think you've pinpointed his favorite color!

He had a fabulous theater in the basement ... perfect for watching WRAL. Ok, or CNN or the fantastic collection of movies! But it was what we found in the lounge area connected to his brother's bedroom that we found most interesting. In the room saved for his brother, Brett who is currently serving in the armed forces, we found his award collection. In a cabinet stands his TV Guide Award, his American Music Award (which Lovely and I were in LA for the celebration), his Gloden Globe and his Relly.

The Relly is an award given out to guests on the Regis and Kelly Show. His Relly is for Favorite Guest Musician. Recently he was asked back to host the show. I'm guessing most of you know what happened from there. Well, as good journalists we have to pose the question ... 'What was that all about'? And Clay was very open about what he thought happened. It was a great story! An even better scoop. And how many of us can really laugh at ourselves and the situations we get into?

I have to give a lot of credit to this guy. I remember the days leading up to that Idol finale. You guessed it. Lovely and I were in LA for that too. But in those days, weeks, months before Idol, I remember thinking 'What's going to become of this kid when it's all said and done?'. Fortunately, I can tell you he's still the same playful person he was, but with a lot more responsibility and lot more eyes on him. Way to go Clay. Keep up the good work and Happy Birthday.

WRAL Underexposed
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2006, 03:17:21 PM »

I just came here to post the blog Pamela did. Laughing  She's fast!!! 

Here's another one:
Dear Clay, (and fellow fans)
I want to share a story with you from my experience in Merrillville.
If you recall Clay asked a show of hands from the men in the crowd. There was one man is section 2 that Clay noticed, and made mention that the man's wife pulled up his hand. Let me tell you Clay, the husband was the fan first. Here is the story.

Read the rest:
CLAY'S DAILY DOUBLE BLOG

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2006, 03:19:37 PM »

Unforgettable
I just had one of the greatest concert experiences of my life, and I never left my spot right here in front of my laptop nor wore anything other than my purple pajamas and green hoodie.

Whose concert was it, you ask? I'll give you three guesses. ; )

Actually, it wasn't even Clay Aiken's entire Christmas concert that has me still up and blogging after 1 AM, as wonderful as it was. No, it was the encore.

To understand a part of what made tonight's encore so special, you have to know what took place LAST night, the first night of what some Clay fans are affectionately calling the "Joyful Not-A-Tour" tour. Clay had just blogged the night before, and one of the things he said was that unlike in past Christmas tours, he was going into this one with no rehearsals. Not to mention, it has been a year since his last tour, so it was understandable that his voice sounded a wee bit tight in a couple of places, but those were minor quibbles when he sound so amazing all the rest of the time.

Until it came to the encore. This year, Clay's encore is the title track of his Walmart-exclusive Christmas EP, "All is Well." It's a beautiful song by Michael W. Smith. I've loved it for a long time before Clay recorded it; our church's Christmas production features it sometimes. The final note of the song is one made for Clay Aiken's voice -- it's one of those he leans back and lets fly, when he sustains a note so long you wonder when he's going to come up for air. Fans call it a "glory note," and glorious they usually are.

Except for last night. I've heard the phrase "sound like he was strangling a cat" tossed around. Yeah...he bobbled it so hard, he dropped it and broke it to smithereens. In trademark Clay fashion, he rolled his eyes (Hey, least we know he's not cheating and lip syncing like a bunch of folks!) and smiled, but he's such a perfectionist, I have to think it bothered him at least a bit.

So tonight, those of us listening via nefarious means, and the blessed fans who traveled from last night's concert in Chicago, to tonight's in Merrillville, Indiana (Yeah, many Clay fans go to multiple concerts all over the country -- Grateful Dead and Jimmy Buffett fans don't have anything on Clay fans!), were a little nervous about THAT note in the encore.

I could go on and describe Clay's encore performance to you, but a video of it is worth a million words! But let me say that as he approached that last note, those who were there, who were repeat audience members, and even the fans at home who were gathered in chat rooms listening, leaned forward, almost as though willing him to hit that note. And you know, I think he felt that. His reaction afterwards will have me a puddle of mush for days. Watching the video, it was as though I was there, and it was a pleasure to see such triumph.
Read the rest:
SOUTHERN-BORN-AND-BRED BLOG

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2006, 03:22:02 PM »

I'm talking about the Clay Nation. There's probably nothing else the Clay Nation loves more than concerts. Clay Aiken thrives on stage. We come together as family with friends old and new from all over the world just to watch this man perform. I went to a concert last summer in New Hampshire and at the pre-concert dinner there were people there from the US, Canada, the UK and New Zealand. We share rides, hotel rooms and food as we gather to hear the voice.

Read the rest:
CONCLAYVE BLOG

Clay "is" the "News"
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2006, 01:54:16 PM »

THUMBS UP

(snip)

Carol of the Belles (and Chimes) -- Everyone can sing. Most people even think they're good at it. But chances are, they aren't. This week, though, we get a chance to hear some students who actually can sing at least as well as David Hasslehoff. Chordbusters and Lessons and Carols always promise to enthrall the masses of cheering college coeds with the best vocals this side of Clay Aiken's Christmas CD.

Baby, that's a fact.

Loyola Greyhound
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2006, 10:11:37 AM »

Well I'll be a Claymate

Last night I became a Claymate.

He drew a small but loyal crowd to the Scope last night. He wore an amazing black slim suit. He rocked a magnicicent haircut.

And then he sang. It was gentle and soft and mesmerizing, and the accompanying orchestra was on fire. And then he joked. He's rather funny, Clay, and he cracked jokes at his own expense, calling himself the sultan of scandal. Although at some points I was bored beyond belief and felt an urge to light a cigarette, I left liking the guy a lot and having a tremendous amount of respect for who he is and what he does.

Which brings me to yesterday's blog post, advancing the show. A few of you responded that the anticipatory post was venemous and a little derogatory, and you are right. You also pointed out that it was low of me to call his fans primarily "chunky women from middle America," and you are, again, perhaps right. (Although I've never seen a concert whose attendees were so uniformly white and middle aged in my entire life.) Celebrities are open to ridicule because they are famous, but people who just want to see a show are not.

Please accept my sincerest apologies. Sometimes, in this crazy-mixed up cruel universe, attempts at wit can go horribly awry. That's one thing I detest most about some celebrity "journalists" and yesterday I became the thing I loathe. Thank you for calling me on it.

There is more.  Read it HERE.

PS - This is Malcolm Venable's blog, who wrote the Hampton Roads review of the Norfolk show.

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2006, 06:54:28 PM »

Clay Aiken: The King of Controversy
Or, is he the Sultan of Scandal? Would you believe The Dean of Disrepute?

I’ve been eagerly following the wondrousness that is Clay Aiken Live, as he begins his annual holiday tour; this version of which includes solo performances with local or traveling symphony orchestral groups, led by musical director Jesse Vargas, a veteran of the first Joyful Noise holiday tour.

In my mind’s eye, I always dreamed of just this very thing. Essential Clay - a mic, a spot, and an orchestra – delivering the dulcet tones that make up such beautiful and captivating holiday songs as “Emmanuel” and “My Grown Up Christmas List.”.

The lucky fans in attendance receive a blessed holiday gift – all the music that has begun to define Clay as the voice of Christmas present. From Clive’s favorite, “Christmas Waltz,” to the magnificent show ending encore and title song of the recent EP, “All is Well,” Clay brings the spirit, and the reason, for the season to everyone in his presence.

And, he’s bringing more. Much more.

Read the rest at Debunk This
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2006, 05:37:42 AM »

I am posting this blog for two reasons...#1- This blogger has been listening to Clays DSIAFCD and has it as her #1 most listened to song right now. Cool...

and #2- If you haven't hear Jennifer Hudson song from Dreamgirls yet, and I hadn't, and wondered what all the hoopla was about...listen to her #3 choice. My Goodness that woman sang that song with emotion dripping from her. Now, some may find it to be "screaming", but if you listen to the song and imagine the emotion behind it..she surely does deserve a standing "O"!! Clapping

YouTubes at each one to listen, no downloading required.

http://writerross.livejournal.com/111938.html

1: DON'T SAVE IT ALL FOR CHRISTMAS DAY (Clay Aiken): "How could you wait another minute.. A hug is warmer when you're in it, oh baby that's a fact...Don't save it all for Christmas Day...Find a way to give a little love every day...") You have to hear this. Recorded. And live. If you can survive the glory that is his voice. You will thank me. I promise. Here's audio of the song, with clips from the television show, "Joan of Arcadia." Eeeeee!

snip

3: AND I'M TELLING YOU (Jennifer Hudson, from the movie, DREAMGIRLS): Ran out and bought the new CD the day it was released. Tell me you don't get the shivers listening to THIS:

snip

Lora
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2006, 05:47:33 AM »

Just another blog I enjoyed reading regarding Clays concert in Detroit.

I was unable to bring the article here, so give them a hit if you are interested.

http://anamericanaries.blogspot.com/2006/12/night-of-joy.html

Lora
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2006, 02:12:16 AM »

Check out the videos in this blog:

CLAYIGRAPHY

Clay "is" the "News"
gfx