gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:02:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 416
Total: 416

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 88 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DANCING WITH THE STARS  (Read 267677 times)
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2006, 07:21:08 PM »

Hello!

Wow!  What a great final dance off!  Both couples did a great job and tied at 89 points each.  I had a hard time getting in my 5 on line votes, but I finally did.  I got my member name mixed up with my email address!    I did vote for Emmitt.  I know Mario is a phenomenal dancer, but my heart is for Emmitt, and that's been since day one.  If Mario wins, that's fine;  if Emmitt wins, that's fine, too.

Now, I am trying to get in my  phone votes.  Don't know if that will happen, the lines are so busy.  But I will keep trying; and I know the lines are open for an hour and a half;  that's 10 pm here.

Of course, this is Dallas Cowboys territory around here; so each week the local news has had an Emmitt segment.  And the Fort Worth Star Telegram had a large picture of Emmitt and Cheryl on the front page!!  I think there is Emmitt fever here.  bigsmile

Hugs,
Prissy

EDIT:  I kept trying on the phone and got 7 votes (on 2 lines) in for Emmitt!  Clapping  Most were in the last 5 minutes!!

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2006, 02:16:21 AM »

Wow!!  What a marvelous finale!!  Clapping Clapping

All the dancers did a great job!!

I thought Emmitt did a great job of proving he was more than just a winning personality.  He proved he is a great dancer, as well! Good for him!  Clapping

I think that even Mario was able to "kick it up a notch".  Good for him!  Clapping

I wouldn't want to hazard a guess who will win.  I think this is a close race.

Bravo to both men.  hot

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2006, 05:18:05 AM »

WHAT A GREAT SHOW.  BOTH MEN DID A GREATJOB.  I DO THINK MARIO IS THE BETTERDANCER.  BUT, WE ALL KNOW THAT SECOND PLACE AIN'T A BAD PLACE TO BE.    bigsmile

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2006, 07:35:09 AM »

Hello!

I was watching the end of GMA and they showed a clip of Mario dancing  with a partner when he was a teen.   He looked quite professional dancing and I think really has more experience dancing than he let on. 

But remember that Clay had a lot of experience singing, too, so I don't know if Mario's dancing experience should be held against him or not. 
I still lean toward Emmitt because he has come so far in this competition and has done an excellent job.

Prissy

LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2006, 07:38:54 AM »

Both guys did an excellent job last night.  I loved Emmitt's last dance.  But, I do think Mario is the better dancer, and gave him ALL OF MY VOTES.  Weird thing happened... I was calling on two cell phones at the same time.  I got through on one of them, but the other kept telling me I've exceeded my time zone.    I still had over fifteen minutes to vote.  As I said, using my other cell phone, I was able to vote.  Strange!!!
grammaof6
SuperFan

« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2006, 07:58:31 AM »

You know Mario has been my favorite from the beginning. Not only is he darling with dimples as deep as Lake Michigan, but he's a great dancer. However last night I got turned off abit. Although his dancing was top notch, he acted like a love sick puppy. How many times did he fawn over Karina. I thought he acted very immature.

Now, I guess I'm a Emmitt fan. He has come such a long way. Perhaps not as good a dancer as Mario, but really, really good. As the judges mention often it's not just the dancing, but the entertainment, relating to the audience - bringing them in. Emmitt's quick feet, wonderful smile, and classy demeanor has impressed me. I also appreciate his devotion to his wife and kids. Flying from LA to TX every week just to see his family and spend time with them even tho it added more stress was very touching.
ClayHeart
Claymaniac

« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2006, 09:00:28 AM »

I had to leave and didn't get to see the last dance for each of them.  I wish I could have seen it, and I hope they show part of it at least tonight.  It was the freestyle, so that should have been the most interesting.  Everyone who is on this thread obviously likes DWTS, so have fun watching the finale tonight.

Debbie
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2006, 06:05:14 PM »

I respectfully disagree with who won this year and am very disappointed.

I guess I like second place contestants.

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2006, 06:11:28 PM »

I on the other hand am very happy with who won tonight Woohoo! Woohoo! Woohoo!

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2006, 06:13:26 PM »

I think I would have been happy with either couple winning.  Kudos to Emmitt!!   Purple Banana

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
cl4clay
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S FAVORITE COOKIE CHEF

« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2006, 06:14:19 PM »

Meesa - I'm with you. Mario is by far the better dancer, but we must like second place winners. Who knows!!!!

Anyway, I think it was all the football fans that voted for emmitt, but Mario was the better dancer.

see you all tomorrow.

CLAY'S PASTRY CHEF
Julie,JJ and Liz - Our OCD guardian angels
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2006, 06:15:17 PM »

I respectfully disagree with who won this year and am very disappointed.

I guess I like second place contestants.

I agree.  I did not watch this show the entire season, just the last few weeks because of all of you.   But although Emmitt has a lot of charm, to me it was obvious Mario is the better dancer.

HHHhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm...reminds me of Ruben and Clay.  Clay is the better singer, of course, but Ruben got more votes.  So that' s the way it is.  And apparently, more people got through voting for Emmitt. 

I will have to watch this one all the way through next season.
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2006, 06:26:30 PM »

I am very happy with the results.  Congratulations to Emmitt and Cheryl for an honor well earned.  Clapping  Emmitt came in, a non dancer and former football player, and became a shining example of what can be accomplished when someone puts their heart and soul into a goal.  Special kudos to Cheryl Burke for being the fine dancer and teacher that she is.  Two times in a row she has been on the winning team!!

I have enjoyed all of the comments on the thread.  I look forward to the next Dancing with the Stars!!

Hugs,
Prissy

HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2006, 06:28:59 PM »

I have something to add in this thread, that I haven't already added in the OCD today.

My husband- HUGE Cowboy Fan and wears PROUDLY, to this day, an Emmitt SMITH Jersey.did. NOT. VOTE. AT. ALL.

NONE of the GUYS I know voted. NONE that watch or follow Cowboys and Emmitt.

My husband was embarrassed and continually questioned WHY he would do THAT??

A man thing.

Well, he watched the last 2 Wednesday with me. He smiled a lot and laughed and really enjoyed the show but did NOT and would NOT vote.

So..I don't believe it really was ALL those football fans.

I am also a HUGE Cowboy fan and I only voted 2 weeks. last week and this. Not invested in the show..didn't care.

But Emmitt cared. he asked people to vote. He worked hard and wanted to win and had nothing but positive things to say...as like most of his football career.

I voted.

I couldn't be more happy with the outcome!!

Lora

Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2006, 06:34:48 PM »

IT SEEMS THAT SECOND PLACE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

I REPECTFULLY SAY THAT I THOUGHT THIS WAS A "DANCING" CONTEST????????

DISAPPOINTED WITH THE OUTCOME.

REMINDS ME OF CLAY AND RUEBEN

JAN

Because of you, I am confident enough to say that there is a better day on the way, even when I cannot see it.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2006, 07:14:50 PM »

Emmitt won?!?!?!?

Awesome!  I only caught the show a few times, but he was such fun to watch!! Mario was fantastic too; he does have some dance in his background which was very evident. They all worked hard, but Emmitt always looked like he was so into it, and having so much fun.  It's the same reason I enjoy Clay live; he always seems to enjoy it soooo much.

I hate I missed the big moment, but I'll bet it will be on YouTube by the morning. Wink
claydevotee
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2006, 07:15:33 PM »

IT SEEMS THAT SECOND PLACE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

I REPECTFULLY SAY THAT I THOUGHT THIS WAS A "DANCING" CONTEST????????

DISAPPOINTED WITH THE OUTCOME.

REMINDS ME OF CLAY AND RUEBEN

JAN

Amen, Sistah!  Clapping
lmatheson
Claymation

« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2006, 07:39:25 PM »

Both men did a wonderful job it was not painful to see who won or lost. I voted for the first time last night for Mario.Tonight while waiting for the result I realized how many many football fans there are and I knew Emmit would win.I still think the better dancer was Mario but as one of you mentioned earlier,Mario is so good there is no more room to improve. I thoroughly enjoyed this years Dancing more so than American Idol ecxept of course Clay's  year. the judges on the DWTS were as exciting and entertaining as the dancers and Tom Bergeron is a great EMCEE along with his partner (sorry I can't remember her name). Good nigth ladies, At least I did not cry over the result. Only for Clay this lady. blush blush blush   
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2006, 09:50:24 PM »

Meesa - I'm with you. Mario is by far the better dancer, but we must like second place winners. Who knows!!!!

Anyway, I think it was all the football fans that voted for emmitt, but Mario was the better dancer.

see you all tomorrow.

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2006, 01:57:28 AM »

Congratulations to Emmitt and Cheryl!!  Clapping Clapping  Great job and a well deserved win!

I think Mario should be proud of how well he danced all season.  He did a great job, as well.  Clapping Clapping

I really enjoyed this season.   Purple Banana

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 88 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx