gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:56:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 234
Total: 234

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 88 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DANCING WITH THE STARS  (Read 267656 times)
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2006, 09:54:50 AM »

I think Mario and Emmett will get votes no matter where they go.  Even though the other two couples went to Disney and Nascar, I think by now, people have their favorites.   They are all fantastic.   I just have a feeling Joey will be the one to go tonight, even though they all got the same scores last night.  Joey will be on tour still dancing with his partner, so I bet that makes him happy.   I know, we already have our favorites.

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
Tessie
Claymaniac

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2006, 03:54:31 PM »

I also think that Joey will be the one eliminated tonight. 

Although I think Emmit has done a great job this season, I do not think he is a better dancer than Mario.  If one watches the choreography, it is easy to see that Emmit's routines are quite simple and that Mario's are quite complex. 

I, personally, do not think that this should be a popularity contest.  I think the better dancer should win.  In my mind, at this stage of the competitons, that is Mario.
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2006, 06:54:52 PM »

If you haven't watched the show yet, don't read this post.

I was satisfied with the results.  I hate to see anyone go, but I am glad that Mario and Emmitt are in the Final Two.  That has been my desire from the beginning.   Much as I would love to see Emmitt win, I agree, Tessie, that Mario is the more talented dancer, and I think Emmitt would say so also.  However, I have been impressed so much with what Emmitt, a non-dancer and former football player, has accomplished on the dance floor. 
A win for Mario would probably be a real boost to his career.
A win for Emmitt would be nice, but Emmitt is in for the win because he is so competitive, I think, and not necessarily for how it will change his future.

But we must remember, second place in a contest isn't always bad!! Wink Wink Wink

I will miss this show when it ends next week. Cry!

Hugs,
Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Tessie
Claymaniac

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2006, 11:57:23 AM »

Prissy,
In case you happen in, this is just a question.  I gather from what you have written, please correct me if I am wrong, that you think that Emmit has greatly improved his dancing over the season.  If that is correct, I truly agree with you.  My question is, do you also think that Mario has improved as well?

I guess I am asking because I am getting the feeling that people think Mario is just a natural dancer, but he has put a lot of time and effort into this contest too.  Is it fair to think that he, too, has made a great deal of improvement?  I know that you didn't say that you felt that he hadn't, I was just interested in your thinking.  Thanks.
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2006, 01:13:46 PM »

Tessie,

I am thinking back over this season of DWTS.  One thing I remember is that Mario said at the beginning he had trouble focusing.  I was really fearful that he would come out and forget his routines.  I had not heard of Mario before and did not know what to expect from him.  I was actually relieved when he was able to get through a dance routine without forgetting anything.
Little did I know how much natural talent he had . I think that Emmitt, Joey, Mario, and Monique and probably the others all improved as they went through the weeks of intensive practice and training. They listened to the judges and their prof. dancing partners and they just got better and better.

Mario was so good from the start, I cannot say that he has improved as much as Emmitt.  Emmitt had a further distance to go in improving, perhaps.

But think about American Idol with Clay.  Clay was excellent from the start.  He was a winner and really didn't need to improve;  he was already perfection, in my opinion.  I put Mario in that category.  Should he not win because he has always been excellent?  I think he should win because he is the best.  Emmitt is very good, but Mario is like Clay; he's got it all.

I am not being disloyal to Emmitt.  I am just so happy he made it as far as he did.  He deserves to be in the Final Two, but if the right thing happens, Mario should win.

That's a lot of rambling, but maybe I'm close to answering your question. Hug

LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2006, 01:29:52 PM »

Prissy... I couldn't agree more.  When I compare Mario and Emmitt, IMO, Mario's technique is superior to Emmitt's.  I think Emmitt has come a long way, and I'm happy he made it to the finals, however , in my mind there is no comparison. In fact, Mario almost looks like a professional.  Since America supposedly votes, Paranoid it will be interesting to see how things turn out.
Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2006, 01:53:18 PM »

I WILL REALLY BE DISAPPOINTED IF MARIO DOES NOT WIN.
I LIKE EMMIT BUT THERE IS NO COMPARISON, AS SOMEONE JUST SAID, "HIS ROUTINES ARE VERY SIMPLE". MARIO LOOKS LIKE A PRO. HOWEVER , THUS SAID. I THINK JOEY WAS A MUCH BETTER DANCER THAN EMMIT. I HATED TO SEE HIM GO.
aLL THE SPORTS FANS ARE VOTING FOR EMMIT. I WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED IF HE WON. AND THAT WOULD DISCOURAGE ME FROM WATCHING ANYMORE, AS MUCH AS I LOVE THE PROGRAM.     

I AM STILL WAITING FOR THEM TO ANNOUNCE WHEN" SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE" WILL BE ON AGAIN. I LOVED THAT PROGRAM, AND BENJIE!!!!!

JAN

Because of you, I am confident enough to say that there is a better day on the way, even when I cannot see it.
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2006, 02:07:30 PM »

This season I really did like "So You Think You Can Dance."  And, the tour was great!!!  Although I didn't start watching it from the beginning, I watched it long enough to see how really talented those kids are.

The thing about DWTS is, the bigger the fan base, the longer you stay in the contest.  Take Jerry Springer, Paranoid for example, he stayed in longer than he should have, although I have to admit, I did enjoy watching him and what a great personality he is.   I'm not sure Mario has the fan base that Emmitt has, but I'm still hoping for a Mario victory.

Jan... love your avie!
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2006, 03:23:50 PM »

Wow! Lot's of great discussion here.  Clapping

I have been rooting for Emmitt to make the finals all season.  And not because I think he is the best dancer.  What I love about Emmitt is that he makes it look sooooo fun and even a little effortless.  He is a big man who is light on his feet and graceful moving about. I absolutely adore his smile and personality.  Let me tell you why I think this is so important.  I have been dancing for years. Wink I have done some ballroom type stuff, too.  I have taken many lessons.  But I have only ever danced "couple" styles.  My husband dragged me kicking and screaming to my first class back in the 1980's.  bigsmile  I didn't want to go because I had never done much dancing (but my hubby had lots of experience) and I was afraid I would be terrible at it. Wink I found out that dancing was fun, was good exercise, and that my hubby was always the best male dancer in the group. sigh I gotta give Cheryl props because I know firsthand what having a talented partner can do for you. Laughing  The first thing I learned was that it was all the other wives dragging their husbands (kicking and screaming) to dance class.  I discovered that most men don't willingly go to dance classes.  Laughing  That's why I root for Emmitt.  I am hoping there are some men out there in TV land that will say, "If a macho, sporty guy like Emmitt can dance, then so can I."  And maybe the next dance class I attend, there will be more men actually interested.  lmao

As a dancer, I can tell you that Mario is definitely the most talented this season.  He does have a "gift".  He has improved, too. Wink

I will cheer whoever wins and be sorry for whoever loses. shrug

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
Tessie
Claymaniac

« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2006, 03:35:40 PM »

Deana,
I understand what you are saying and you make good points, but in my understanding of the competiton they are trying to pick the best dancer, and to me, that is Mario.

Just a question...does Emmit have to win for men to see that dancing is fun and that even football players can enjoy it? 

I don't think that Emmit should win because he is not the best dancer.  He may be a nice guy, be entertaining, have a nice smile, and have improved a great deal, but, the best dancer should be the winner.  IMO 
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2006, 04:13:36 PM »

Just a question...does Emmit have to win for men to see that dancing is fun and that even football players can enjoy it?
Notice I said that I was rooting for Emmitt to make the finals. Wink

I can understand that Mario is considered the better dancer because of the complexity of the routines he chooses to do.  I really enjoy his dancing and I applaud him.  Clapping  He has the advantage of having the perfect dancer's body and a real athletic grace.  I have been known to enjoy the way his butt looks in those tight pants, too.  bigsmile

That being said, none of Emmitt and Cheryl's dances have been easy.  They have followed the rules of what each genre is truly supposed to be.  They actually "portray" their dances in the "pure" style.  This makes the dances seem simpler perhaps, but trust me there is nothing easy there.  I wish I could explain this better. argh! I have learned some really complex waltzes and some really "moving and graceful" waltzes.  When all was said and done, they were equally challenging to learn.  And the more stylistic, yet simpler one, ended up being my all time favorite. shrug It is actually a very beautiful dance to watch. And when you pare a waltz down to grace and fluidity, your footwork had better be perfect to make it work. Wink

I still say--let the best man win!

Clay "is" the "News"
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2006, 04:28:07 PM »

Deanna,

I remember now from your birthday poem info that you enjoy ballroom dancing.  We need your input here often!

Like you, I have been rooting for Emmitt to make the FINALS.  And I came in an Emmitt fan before the contest even started.  If Emmitt had been really bad at dancing, I would not have continued to root for him.  I would have been very disappointed.   But Emmitt surprised us all.  And I think he is really a favorite of a lot of people.  Emmitt is the example of a very masculine man showing that dancing can be fun.  Like Deanna indicated, I have a feeling that a lot of men are being convinced by their wives to take ballroom dancing because of the Emmitt influence.

I'm happy with the Final Two.  It could go either way.  Mario may be technically the best dancer, but Emmitt may be the favorite dancer, and also very good!!

Prissy

Tessie
Claymaniac

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2006, 04:48:08 PM »

Notice I said that I was rooting for Emmitt to make the finals. Wink

No, I did not notice that and OK, I don't read well! LOL

I am content now that I see that you have noticed and appreciated certain aspects of Mario's physique.  Have you also noticed his arms by any chance?
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2006, 05:06:49 PM »

Have you also noticed his arms by any chance?
Yes!

And did you see Emmitt's arms in the gold sleeveless shirt. rofl

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2006, 10:58:02 AM »

Here's a couple of articles:

DANCING WITH THE STARS NOV 7

DANCING WITH THE STARS NOV 8

Clay "is" the "News"
Tessie
Claymaniac

« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2006, 12:50:26 PM »

Thanks for the articles Deanna.

Prissy...thank you too for sharing your thoughts yesterday.  It turned into a fun discussion.

Deanna....I get the feeling that you and I should be concentrating a bit more on the DANCE and not all of the things that tend to take our mind off of the steps.   LOL
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2006, 04:13:09 PM »

Great discussions!  Clapping Clapping Clapping I also agree that Mario really deserves to win, but I am so glad that Emmitt made the finals (I wish Mario was dancing with Cheryl, because I just love her!)  Sports fans are voting for Emmittt, but lots of kids (mine included) grew up watching Mario on "Saved By The Bell". My daughter is so glad to see him being successful again! I think he also has a huge following.

And I can't believe that I am going to miss the final this week!!!!!! 

Thank goodness for this thread - at least I can see who won when I get back!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2006, 09:02:21 PM »

Emmitt Smith and his dancing partner, Cheryl Burke, made a brief appearance at the Dallas Cowboys game this afternoon with the Cardinals in Arizona.

Prissy

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2006, 02:37:29 PM »

I am so looking forward to the show tomorrow night Clapping Clapping I believe Mario is the better dancer, but my heart is with Emmitt, and I think a lot of that has to do with Cheryl!!! I love her too Frankie, she was my fav female pro last year also Clapping
Karina and Mario, are so handsome as a couple too, they are made for eachother, they've been dealt the right cards from the beginning, and the spark between them doesn't hurt either Wink
Cheryl has made Emmitt and Cheryl click I feel, she brings out the very best in him, and recognizes his strengths, and lets him have fun.

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2006, 06:43:32 PM »

What a finale Clapping Clapping Clapping Both couples deserve the highest praise for really bringing it tonight!!!! Clapping Clapping
Well everyone vote, vote, vote and it will be very interesting!!!!

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 88 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx