gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:19:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 148
Total: 148

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 88 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DANCING WITH THE STARS  (Read 267164 times)
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2006, 07:07:44 PM »

Prissy, thanks for that article on Emmitt Smith, makes me like him even more Huggles Clapping Clapping

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2006, 11:49:07 AM »

Pepe,

I really liked what you wrote about DWTS in the OCD thread and hope you don't mind if I post it here, too.

GOOD MORNING!

Watched DWTS and cried a little when Jerry choked up and was starting to cry.  If anyone ever wants someone to cry with then come to my house, I will cry with anyone.  I look at those dancers bodies and am in awe.  No fat rolls on the back or waist, I should have been taking dancing lessons all my life.  Seeing that Joey has taken some dancing lessons when he was young I am hoping Emmett wins as he really has accomplished the most in my eyes.  I love the guy!  For a football player to accomplish this is amazing to me.  It is a very entertaining show and will be sorry when it is thru. 

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
ILClaymate
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2006, 01:55:44 PM »

wave Hey DWTS fans!  I don't watch blush but I found this in case you all weren't aware (maybe you are?).

DTWS goes on Tour

They are going to 38 cities starting at the end of December throughout February.

Here are the dancers going on tour:
Joey Lawrence - Season 3 Edyta Sliwinska - Season 2/3
Harry Hamlin - Season 3 Ashly DelGrosso - Season 3
Lisa Rinna - Season 2 Louis van Amstel - Season 2/3
Willa Ford - Season 3 Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 2
Drew Lachey - Season 2 Cheryl Burke - Season 2
Joey McIntyre Kym Johnson - Season 3

To check out the tour dates, check out their website at DANCINGWITHTHESTARS.AEGLIVE.COM
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2006, 03:44:23 PM »

Thanks Clandy, there's even a date in Toronto!!!!  Usually Canada gets by passed for shows of this sort, we always fight to get Clay here too

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Tessie
Claymaniac

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2006, 09:36:03 AM »

Jerry Springer did a great job, IMO.  Even though he knew he wasn't the best dancer, he tried hard and put on some entertaing performances.  It was time for him to leave though.  I would have hated to see a very good dancer let go before him.

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2006, 06:36:33 PM »

It's Mario, Joey, and Emmitt in the Final Three.

Monique has done well and should be proud.  Of course, I am an Emmitt fan and glad he is still in the running.  Not knowing how many votes each one is getting, it could be anyone's win at this point.

Prissy

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2006, 02:41:44 PM »

wave Hi Prissy!

I'm an Emmitt fan, too. Wink  I think his personality really shines.

I think Mario and Joey are both great dancers, tho.  At this point, I hate that one of them has to go next week. Laughing

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2006, 02:54:46 PM »

I was never a Simon hated.. but I am now!  What a jerk!!!!  Il Divo and Without You... come on! 
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2006, 03:05:45 PM »

I was never a Simon hated.. but I am now!  What a jerk!!!!  Il Divo and Without You... come on! 

Lorie, I'm with you what an arse

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2006, 10:31:20 AM »

Wouldn't it have been great to have Clay singing "Without You"?  It just didn't fit the four opera singers.
 What great exposure that would  have been for Clay and his CD!!  I think Simon had some influence on Il Divo being on DWTS.

I am glad that the 3 best dancers are left.  It would really have been a shame to have Jerry Springer in the Final Three or Two. eek!

Hugs,
Prissy

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2006, 06:46:36 PM »

Prissy, how true, gives me faith the show isn't rigged Laughing

Tessie
Claymaniac

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2006, 05:47:39 PM »

Prissy, how true, gives me faith the show isn't rigged Laughing

Why would you think it is rigged?  They are working their butts off (if I am allowed to say butts) to make Mario look bad.   Laughing
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2006, 09:49:42 AM »

I don't think DWTS is rigged.  But we don't know what percentage of the judges' votes are added to the audience totals.  It could be 50%???  Who knows?  Unlike American Idol where the judges just give their opinion and no number totals and the audience has all the power.

Actually, I believe the number of votes by the audience is limited on DWTS and that their method of scoring might be better than American Idol.

Just my opinion,
Prissy

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2006, 06:46:08 PM »

What a wonderful show tonight Clapping Clapping all three couples deserve to win IMHO after tonight, but I'm still with Emmitt and Cheryl Clapping Clapping Clapping

LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2006, 10:21:38 PM »

Oh.. I'm soooo with Mario and Karina  Clapping
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2006, 01:52:07 AM »

I'm with mrs. c.....ummm, I mean Emmitt and Cheryl. Wink

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
Tammy
Enthusiastic

I LOVE MY PUGS

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2006, 03:56:00 AM »

So am I but the other guys are great as well.. Emmet would be my second choice..

I LOVE MY PUGS! :heartburst 

Baby Dust JEWELS, LIZSIS AND JJ~OUR SPARKLING GEMS FROM HEAVEN Baby Dust
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2006, 08:07:55 AM »

So am I but the other guys are great as well.. Emmet would be my second choice..

They're all really good, but to me, Mario looks like a professional.  Not to mention, the bod and those dimples ain't bad either.  hot
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2006, 08:46:54 AM »

Hello!

I will really be happy with whatever decision is made because the three best dancers are in the Finals.  I was a fan of Emmitt's from the beginning and so hoped he would do well not having a dancing background, and known mainly for his fancy footwork on the football field.  He proved to be fantastic and to really work hard and enjoy learning the routines each week.  I think he has been an example of what you can do when you set your mind to it, and yes, it does take some talent, too.

I feel that Mario and Joey came into this contest with a lot more dancing in their backgrounds than Emmitt had, maybe even some professional dancing, too?? That is one of the reasons I would like to see Emmitt win.  He embodies what a contestant should be, in my opinion.

Also, I have noticed that the applause for Emmitt seems to go on and on and on.  He may very well be getting the majority of the audience votes and since all three come into tonight's Finals with a 3 way tie among the judges (59 points each), as I've said, it's anyone's chance to win.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the series and look forward to the next one.

Hugs,
Prissy

PS:  I did notice the cover of TV GUIDE with the three men and their partners had Mario and partner centered as if they were the winners. Wink

LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2006, 09:09:34 AM »

I thought it was strange that Mario went back to his high school, but Emmitt went to Nascar and Joey went to Disneyland.  Seems like there would be a much bigger audience to gather votes at Nascar or Disneyland, than a home high school. That was a poor choice of place to solicit votes.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 88 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx