gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:55:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 277
Total: 277

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 88 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DANCING WITH THE STARS  (Read 267662 times)
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2007, 07:03:24 PM »

Hello!

It's good to see everyone joining in with the DWTS tread.  I really enjoy this competition.  I used to watch AI and Survivor, but not so much anymore.  So, I'm glad to have a show that still holds my interest.  I have a time remembering the names, scratch so I found a site that listed each celebrity and his/her partner. bigsmile

The Stars

Laila Ali
Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Billy Ray Cyrus
Karina Smirnoff

Clyde Drexler
Elena Grinenko

Joey Fatone
Kym Johnson

X Shandi Finnessey
Brian Fortuna

X Leeza Gibbons
Tony Dovolani

Heather Mills
Jonathan Roberts

Apolo Anton Ohno
Julianne Hough

X Paulina Porizkova
Alec Mazo

John Ratzenberger
Edyta Sliwinska

Ian Ziering
Cheryl Burke

HERE IS INFORMATION ABOUT VOTING.  I DON'T KNOW IF THE PHONE NUMBERS WILL CHANGE EACH WEEK.

HOW IT WORKS:

During the live shows, judges will give a score based on several factors, including technical execution. But the judges' scores alone do not decide a couple's fate.

Phone lines and online polls will open at the top of each Monday night performance show so that viewers can vote for their favorites. Phone lines will stay open for approximately 30 minutes after the end of the show. Online voting will remain open until noon (Eastern Time) on the day of the results show.*

The following night, in the Dancing with the Stars Results Show (premiering Tuesday, March 26 at 9/8c), the couple with the lowest combined score from the judges and the viewers will be eliminated from the competition.

The scoring is divided evenly between the judges and the viewers at home, ensuring unpredictable outcomes at the end of every show. When the final two couples remain, the ultimate dance-off will determine who wins the trophy.

*In Week 1, there is no Results Show the next day but online voting will close the day after the performance show - Tuesday March 20 - at noon ET.

PHONE NUMBERS:

Call the following numbers to cast a vote for your favorite couple (eleven votes permitted per phone line):

Ian and Cheryl      800-VOTE4-01
                                     800-868-3401

Paulina and Alec      800-VOTE4-02
                                     800-868-3402

Billy Ray and Karina  800-VOTE4-03
                                      800-868-3403

Leeza and Tony       800-VOTE4-04
                                      800-868-3404

Joey and Kym         800-VOTE4-05
                                      800-868-3405

Laila and Maksim       800-VOTE4-06
                                      800-868-3406

John and Edyta       800-VOTE4-07
                                      800-868-3407

Shandi and Brian       800-VOTE4-08
                                      800-868-3408

Clyde and Elena       800-VOTE4-09
                                      800-868-3409

Heather and Jonathan   800-VOTE4-10
                                      800-868-3410

Apolo and Julianne       800-VOTE4-11
                                      800-868-3411

FORMAT SUMMARY:

Lines open at the beginning of each show for viewers to vote for their favorite couples and stay open for 30 minutes after the end. The whole country can vote.
One couple will be knocked out of the competition each week, starting with week two.
The couple with the lowest overall score is knocked out of the competition.
Online voting remains open until noon (Eastern Time) on the day of the results show.

The scoring and format of the show is unique to the series and is not based on a standard dance championship.

The decision regarding which dances are to be performed by each couple each week rests with the Producers.

THE PROCEDURE FOR ELIMINATING COUPLES:

Each week every couple receives points from the judges and votes from the public. For every couple we work out the share they got of the points given by the judges on the night, and the share they got of the publics' votes on the night and we add these two shares together. The couple with the lowest combined total is eliminated from the show.

For example if couple A, B and C receive 38, 26 and 14 points from the judges, we calculate what share these points represent of the total awarded by the judges on the night. In this case the judges gave 78 points in total, and each couples' share of 78 points breaks down as follows: 38= 48.72% of 78, 26= 33.33% of 78, 14= 17.95% of 78. Let's suppose that when the public votes are tallied, each couple has the following shares: A= 20%, B=40%, C=40%. To determine who's eliminated we combine these two shares for the total:

Couple A: 20+48.72%= 68.72%
Couple B: 40+33.33%= 73.33%
Couple C: 40+17.95%= 57.95%

In this case, the bottom two couples would be A and C, and C would be eliminated.

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
tiggergirl19
« Reply #101 on: March 25, 2007, 03:35:18 AM »

I've watched each season with my mom and we like it.  The first season, when Kelly monacco beat the older guy who I think was on Sienfield, he just should have taken that loss as may be some one younger than him beat him at something, and not have have to do the rematch, which I think was ridiculuous because he just had to practice more on a dance routince that would last about 5 minutes on tv.  And the other seasons after haven't had rematches for the "right" winner that lost to the youth of just being good and practing at the same time and rate.  This season, there are three people that I'm going for, mainly because they're people that I've heard of and know more, and they are Billy Ray Cirus, Joey Fatone, and John Ratzenburger.  I kind of think that Heather Mills won't last long in the competetion, either because the veiwers don't vote for her or because of her divore to Paul McCartney. Smile Smile   bigsmile bigsmile   wave wave   Thud! Thud!   pigsfly pigsfly
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2007, 02:25:51 PM »

Prissy, thanks for the correct pairings and spellings of the names Huggles Looking forward to tonight again, and hope everyone does really well tonight Purple Banana Purple Banana wheee fruit

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2007, 07:27:49 PM »

What a wonderful show tonight, they all put in such a huge effort Clapping Clapping Clapping haven't decided on a favorite couple yet, so many are so very good!!!!

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Boomer Aries
Clayamateur

« Reply #104 on: March 26, 2007, 08:02:50 PM »

I really enjoy watching this show.  Makes me want to take dance lessons.  It won't be on for another couple hours but I really liked Joey Fatone's performance last week.  I'm rooting for him, Ian Ziering and Apolo Ohno.
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2007, 02:16:16 AM »

I thought everyone did a great job last night.  Clapping Clapping

The stars that did poorly last week really stepped up their game this week.  Should be an interesting vote.  I wouldn't dare guess who is getting voted off.

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2007, 02:52:34 PM »

Good Afternoon!

I watched my tape of DWTS this morning.  I thought everyone did really well.  Billy Ray Cyrus improved so much and seemed to actually be trying!! Wink

Based on two weeks my favorites are:

Laila and Maksim
Joey and Kym
Heather and Jonathan

The weakest seem to be:

Clyde and Elena
Shandi and Brian
Paulina and Alec
(Billy Ray and Karina)

The biggest surprise has been Heather Mills.  I think she was incredible in the Mambo considering her artificial limb!

Hugs,
Prissy

PS:  To my post at the top of this page, I have added information I found about voting.  I wish AI had a similar strategy.  Wink

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2007, 04:21:20 PM »

Agreed Prissy Wink

Misha
« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2007, 06:49:33 PM »

I've really liked Joey Fatone, Apollo, and Laila.  They seem to really be doing well.  Though, my sentimental favorite is John Ratzenburger.  He just makes me smile.

Joey is just such a card.... he's so funny and yet, he's dancing pretty well...

Apollo is a hottie, but he's also doing a really great job and that quick step was great!

Laila is awesome too.  Her mambo was the best last night and her foxtrot last week was really good.
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #109 on: March 27, 2007, 07:24:49 PM »

Didn't agree with the results tonight, thought Shandi and Brian should have gone.  Paulina and Alec deserved another chance IMHO

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #110 on: April 03, 2007, 01:02:25 PM »

Hi!

I guess my routine will be to watch my tape of DWTS on Tuesday mornings because of my orchestra practice on Monday evenings.  One good thing;  I can fast forward through the commercials! bigsmile

I still like Lalia and Maksim.  They were chastised because of their choreography last night;  and I believe that is Maksim's fault.  He has to be aware of the rules for each dance. 

My favorites are still: 

Laila and Maksim
Joey and Kym
Heather and Jonathan
Also, Ian and Cheryl

The weakest seem to be:

Clyde and Elena
Shandi and Brian
Billy Ray and Karina

I really think Clyde and Elena should be the ones eliminated tonight.  We shall see!

Prissy

PS:  I am not voting yet;  just watching and enjoying the show.  I may vote later on in the competition.

ClayHeart
Claymaniac

« Reply #111 on: April 03, 2007, 02:24:43 PM »

Looks like not as many people are watching DWTS.  Not too much action during/after the show!!  I watched part and taped part, because we switched to "24", which is my husband's favorite show.  I hope I can watch to see who gets eliminated tonight.  Have a wonderful evening.

Debbie
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #112 on: April 03, 2007, 02:50:45 PM »

I'm still watching and I still really like Apollo.  Clapping The judges seemed to be quite rough on him this week. shrug

Everyone seems to really like Joey, but there is something there that I don't like.  I am still trying to figure out what it is.  It may be his posture and I noticed the judges did comment on it.  Heather has surprised me.  Good for her!! 

I liked Ian and Cheryl, but why didn't we see the "goof up"???  If I was suspicious, I would say that the "hiccup" with the camera was for a reason. 

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #113 on: April 03, 2007, 08:24:10 PM »

We had tornado warnings and watches all evening, so I only saw the beginning and the ending of DWTS because of the storm coverage.  No tornadoes touched down, so that was good.

I'm not sure that the worse dancer is leaving.  But maybe one who is not that well known. 

I think they did show what happened with Ian and Cheryl at the beginning of the show.  Just a little misstep;  not such a big deal, in my opinion.

I am not watching AI and I do not watch 24, so....DWTS is it for me.  I am a fan of Boston Legal and watch House, sometimes.

Prissy

clays#1fan
UltimateFan

Clay's Speedracer

« Reply #114 on: April 04, 2007, 12:56:02 AM »

Go Joey!!  Purple Banana

Joyce wave
Clay makes me happier than a kitten chasing a leaky cow!  
I love Clay more today, but not as much as tomorrow!
www.myspace.com/joyce1010
Tammy
Enthusiastic

I LOVE MY PUGS

« Reply #115 on: April 04, 2007, 04:00:11 AM »

I'm still watching and I still really like Apollo.  Clapping The judges seemed to be quite rough on him this week. shrug

Everyone seems to really like Joey, but there is something there that I don't like.  I am still trying to figure out what it is.  It may be his posture and I noticed the judges did comment on it.  Heather has surprised me.  Good for her!! 

I liked Ian and Cheryl, but why didn't we see the "goof up"???  If I was suspicious, I would say that the "hiccup" with the camera was for a reason. 

I agree Deanna.  I like Apollo.  I have not connected with Joey and his dancing at all. Don't Know  I am not into the show as much this year as in the past but I hope it will grow on me.. My favorites are Ian, Apollo and Laila. 

I LOVE MY PUGS! :heartburst 

Baby Dust JEWELS, LIZSIS AND JJ~OUR SPARKLING GEMS FROM HEAVEN Baby Dust
grammaof6
SuperFan

« Reply #116 on: April 04, 2007, 03:11:56 PM »

I like Apollo and his partner too. They seen to have joy and energy that lights up the stage. Of course, they're young!  Laughing However, I admire Apollo. This can't be easy for him. He's hot into training for the Olympics and has to run back and forth doing both. Speed skating isn't a wussy sport.
Misha
« Reply #117 on: April 05, 2007, 10:39:30 AM »

I do like Apollo too.  I do like Joey, but yeah, his hind end is ruining "the posture"... but he is fun to watch.  I like Laila for the ladies.  I thought Ian doing that thing on the stage with those "strippers" was an obvious ploy to get the sex appeal vote and it just turned me off.  Granted, my eyes appreciated what was shown, but I guess I just thought it was tasteless in a family style show.  And those of you who know me, know that I definitely get a kick out of sexy things....  it just wasn't the right forum for it.

John Ratzenburg still charms me.  He's still my sentimental favorite.

I'm proud of Heather for trying, but think she's starting to get preferential treatment from the judges for it and I don't like that.

The rest?  Eh.  Blah.  Clyde or Billy Ray could go next week and I'd be fine with it.  Or Leeza.

geraldine
UltimateFan

« Reply #118 on: April 09, 2007, 08:41:05 AM »

Tonight it is on again.  Looking forward to seeing who has improve or hasn't.
I do like Apollo & Joey.

I saw a replay of the goof-up Ian was suppose to have  made couldn't figure it out again.

As some of you commented about Joey tuckig in his hine, I agree.  Maybe if he wore a more slimming outfit it would help, none the less he is a good dancer.

I was wondering what everyone has thought of the guest singers that have appeared on the show.

One day I would love to learn Ballroom dancing. But I have 2 left feet.  bigsmile

Clay's my Wings of Love!
Proud to be a Claymaniac!
geraldine
ClayHeart
Claymaniac

« Reply #119 on: April 09, 2007, 01:03:52 PM »

Hope everyone enjoys the show tonight.  I agree that Heather is getting preferential treatment.  I commend her courage for attempting ballroom dancing with a fake leg, and she is doing much better than I expected, but it still seems that she's not being held to the same standards, and that isn't really fair.  You never know what's going to happen, so it is still fun to watch.  Have a nice evening.

Debbie
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 88 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx