gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:21:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 382
Total: 382

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 88 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DANCING WITH THE STARS  (Read 265838 times)
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« on: September 13, 2006, 10:58:54 AM »

I really enjoyed this show the last time around, and I think it's going to be good again this time, too.

I thought Mario was very good;  probably the best.  The way he talked about not being able to focus, I was surprised he did as well as he did.  I was so glad and relieved that Emmitt Smith did so well.  He got great responses from the judges.  Emmitt Smith is such a good person and what a fine football player he was for the Dallas Cowboys.  Of course, he's known for his fancy footwork and getting that ball across the goal line!!

Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 06:53:23 PM »

I really enjoyed last night's show!  I was impressed with Mario, but moreso by Emmitt Smith.  I wasn't sure how he would do, but I was so excited that he did so well.

As for the results tonight, I guess I wasn't too suprised that Shanna and Tucker were in the bottom 3, but Willa did surprise me.  The good thing is that Tucker went home.  I know he did the best he could, but he did have the least rhythm...at least IMO!!!

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
Tammy
Enthusiastic

I LOVE MY PUGS

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 04:37:01 AM »

Wouldnt it be awesome if Clay was a guest singer on D.W.T.S   Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!!  Barry was on there when he had a new cd out.... Do you think it's possible Clay could be on there?   

Heather
I love Mario..dimples and all... and I also like Emmet...  I have to watch my tape because I missed Joey Lawrence...

I LOVE MY PUGS! :heartburst 

Baby Dust JEWELS, LIZSIS AND JJ~OUR SPARKLING GEMS FROM HEAVEN Baby Dust
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 01:14:17 PM »

I did watch most of this show.  I am glad Emmitt is still doing well.

I'm surprised Jerry Springer is still there and I think Jerry Springer is surprised, too.  It's too bad when it becomes a popularity contest and not votes for the best dancers.

Prissy

Tessie
Claymaniac

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 07:04:20 PM »

I'm surprised Jerry Springer is still there and I think Jerry Springer is surprised, too.  It's too bad when it becomes a popularity contest and not votes for the best dancers.

I agree with you, but at the beginning, I think people vote for those they are familiar with.  Several of the couples seem to be at about the same level skill wise right now, so I guess it is easy to vote for people you have liked for one reason or another.

The dancing improves as the show goes on.  That is when I think people should vote for the best dancers.
grammaof6
SuperFan

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 07:16:32 PM »

I saw Geoge Lopez in the audience and something clicked - Lopez Mario - Lopez George. The same dark good looks, the same dimples! Is George Mario's father or older brother? Never realised the connection before.
Beth
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 12:08:33 AM »

I saw Geoge Lopez in the audience and something clicked - Lopez Mario - Lopez George. The same dark good looks, the same dimples! Is George Mario's father or older brother? Never realised the connection before.

I don't think so...Jennifer Lopez isn't related, either. Lopez happens to be a very common Hispanic last name. George Lopez was probably there because his show is with ABC.

Oh, can't you see it baby; You've got me goin' Crazy
Wherever you go; Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you

*Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game!
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 06:00:02 AM »

My mother is away on vacation and she made sure I would promise to tape this week's show. Laughing

I like Emmett Smith.   I am so impressed by how such a large man is so light on his feet. Wink

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2006, 03:33:31 PM »

I hope Jerry enjoys his waltz this week!--(then I want to see him go Laughing)

How do you all feel about the teams that are breaking the rules??  I didn't even know they had rules.  bigsmile

Do you think the teams will continue to overstep (hee! punny) the boundaries?

Clay "is" the "News"
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2006, 03:57:36 PM »

The Judges are scoring the dances just like ice skating - some moves are allowed, some are not - they are doing what they are supposed to do, but they do not take into account the fact that the extra moves by some teams just make the show better. If it was just a dance competition, the two teams adding things would have been gone - and they are the best two teams. The public makes up half of the score, though, so they should be safe, even if they continue to break the rules.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Tessie
Claymaniac

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2006, 08:03:06 PM »

How do you all feel about the teams that are breaking the rules??  I didn't even know they had rules.  bigsmile

Having the judges scold the teams harshly for breaking the rules makes me uncomfortable.  I am not sure that I see the need for it, and wonder if it is all just for TV.  I was not really sure what Mario had done wrong.  I thought his performance was excellent and was confused at what was happening.  I knew that lifts were illegal..probably for safety reasons.  My question is this.  Aren't the professional members of the teams doing the choreography?  If so, don't they know the rules as to what is legal and what isn't?  Why are the celebrities getting chastised rather than the professionals?

It would certainly be worth the time to explain the rules to the viewing audience.  I realize that they did this on Wednesday, but I had no idea what was happening on Tuesday.

Do I think the rule breakers should win?  I think the best dancers should win.  In this case, the judges can score them low for breaking the rules, but if enough people take the time to call in and vote for them, then I think they should stay.  It is after all a TV show, and viewers should get to see the people they want to see.
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 10:24:33 AM »

DWTS has had some excitement with Sara Evans leaving for personal reasons.  I had a feeling the week she left, no one else would leave.

I have enjoyed this series and would like to see Emmitt in the Final Two with Mario.  I think Mario seems as good a dancer as the professional dancers.

Prissy

KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 11:14:12 AM »

If Jerry doesn't go this week something is wrong. He definitely can't dance, so people need to quit voting for him.

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2006, 04:04:04 PM »

Well, I for one can wait to see Mario tonight and yes, I agree Jerry has to say bye bye wave

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2006, 04:08:44 PM »

I just love Emmitt. Laughing I am impressed that such a big guy seems so light on his feet.  And his partner is just great!

I think Mario is definitely one of the best dancers.  He seems to take it very seriously, too.

I find it interesting that there is only one woman left.  Hmmm......  Wonder what that says about this season.

Clay "is" the "News"
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2006, 06:46:54 PM »

Please tell me I wasn't the only one who had no sound the whole show on ABC

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2006, 08:25:19 PM »

Sharon,
I had no problem with sound here in Texas for DWTS.  So sorry you couldn't hear the show.  My husband watched for the first time and said he was impressed with everyone.   Oh, he missed Jerry Springer both times!! Laughing

I'm still rooting for Emmitt!  I hope he makes it to the Finals.  He seems very popular with the audience each week.  Of course, Mario and Joey are both really good.

Prissy

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2006, 11:42:30 AM »

Can you believe our area had a cable problem for the entire night an ABC Still watched, and I am so impressed with everyone last night, even Jerry Laughing lmao  I thought Emmitt and Cheryl were so very good, and Joey and Edyta also!!!  Mario and Karina are always great, I'm so glad to see the others step it up

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2006, 06:19:31 PM »

I'm as of now cheering for Emmitt and Cheryl, they were so amazing as the judges choice to do their dance again tonight Clapping Clapping
Can someone answer for me please~~~ Cheryl danced with Drew Lachey to win last year correct??? Paranoid

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2006, 06:56:15 PM »

Sharon,
I think that is correct;  Emmitt's partner was part of the winning couple last time.

I'm rooting for Emmitt, too.  I think Mario has more dancing in his background, and I feel like this is really Emmitt's first experience with ballroom dancing.   Emmitt is doing so well and brings to the dance floor the determination and skill he showed on the football field.

Emmitt is a really fine person, too.  There was a teacher dying of cancer in our area years ago.  She continued to teach as long as she could.  One of her wishes was to meet Emmitt Smith.  So, one day, Emmitt showed up at her classroom and just made her day.   Already a millionaire and a successful Dallas Cowboy player, Emmitt finished his college degree because it was something his mother always wanted. He's just one of the "good guys." bigsmile

Hugs,
Prissy

Click on here to read more about

EMMITT SMITH

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 88 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx