gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:55:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 409
Total: 409

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Recipe Swap Thread  (Read 64621 times)
claymate27
Claymation

"The best hasn't happened yet!"

« Reply #200 on: January 15, 2009, 08:33:59 AM »

Clapping Clapping

OMG! My Dh love what he calls Tollhouse pie.
He has his mom make it every Christmas and Thanksgiving.
Thanks for posting it.

ClayFan for Life!
woodstock2
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!"

« Reply #201 on: January 15, 2009, 08:34:45 AM »

Thanks for the new recipes!!!  I always like to try something new.   bigsmile
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
lucrezianoine
Claymaniac

Member of the Caffeineholic Anonymous

« Reply #202 on: January 15, 2009, 09:36:58 AM »

ooh the cream cheesecake squares sounds yummy..

thanks for sharing Prissy!

Jules

Sing badly if you must, but sing
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #203 on: March 01, 2009, 04:23:28 PM »

Chicken Pasta & Vegetable Casserole

Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 35 minutes
Serves: 4
Try this tasty, quick-cooking casserole featuring chicken, colorful vegetables and a special ingredient - stuffing - that adds great texture and flavor.

Ingredients:

1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell'sŪ Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup OR Campbell'sŪ Condensed 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup
3/4 cup water
1 bag (about 16 oz.) frozen vegetable pasta blend
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
1 cup Pepperidge FarmŪ Herb Seasoned Stuffing
2 tbsp. butter OR margarine, melted

Directions:

MIX soup, water, vegetable pasta blend and chicken in 2-qt. shallow baking dish. Mix stuffing and butter. Sprinkle on top.

BAKE at 400°F. for 35 min. or until hot.

TIP: For 2 cups cubed cooked chicken, in medium saucepan over medium heat, in 4 cups boiling water, cook 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts or thighs, cubed, 5 min. or until chicken is no longer pink.

Campbell's emails me recipes every couple of weeks.  This looks easy and good!!  (I wonder about using chicken broth instead of the water??)

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #204 on: March 01, 2009, 06:02:02 PM »

PRISSY,  I would use the chicken broth instead of water.  When ever a recipe calls for water in a main dish I always use chicken broth.  I even use chicken broth to cook my frozen green beans in.  Recipe sounds good will try it as soon as I get to the store to buy those frozen vegetables. 

PRISSY , the luncheon you went to for Jennie's birthday, was the broccoli in the corn bread or served separate?

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #205 on: March 01, 2009, 06:39:31 PM »

The broccoli was in the cornbread, Pepe.  I will try to type those recipes up and post them here soon.  I am on the look out for apricot nectar to make the Mandarin orange salad with almonds. 

I thought you said you use chicken broth instead of water in some of your recipes.  One of my sisters said she always uses ginger ale instead of water when making a cake.

Hug

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #206 on: March 23, 2009, 11:39:19 AM »

Here is the latest recipe sent to me by Campbell's.  It sounds good!

Chicken in Savory Lemon Sauce
from Campbell's Kitchen

Prep/Cook Time: 20 min.

Ingredients:
vegetable cooking spray
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell'sŪ Healthy RequestŪ Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup chopped red pepper OR green pepper
1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley OR 1 tsp. dried parsley flakes
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. paprika
4 lemon slices

Directions:
Spray a 12-inch nonstick skillet with the cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the chicken and cook until it's well browned on  both sides.

Add the soup, water, pepper, parsley, lemon juice and paprika to the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Top with the lemon slices.

Serves 4.

Serve with a white and wild rice mix and steamed green beans.

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #207 on: March 24, 2009, 05:44:45 AM »

PRISSY, that recipe does sound good and so very easy.  Love the lemon in it, makes everything taste fresh and brings out the flavors.  Oh by the way love your new avie perfect for this time of year I think it is supposed to be spring but not here in East Tawas.  Laughing

claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #208 on: April 05, 2009, 05:44:00 PM »

Just tried this new recipe today.  It was absolutely scruptious!  I found it on grouprecipes.com

Slow Cooker Savory Pot Roast

Ingredients
! can (10 3/4 oz) Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Reg, Fat Free/ or Low Sodium)
1 pouch (2 oz) dry onion soup mix
6 medium potatoes, cut into quarters (about 6 cups)
6 medium carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
3 1/2 to 4-lb boneless beef bottom round roast or chuck pot roast
Chopped jalapenos (optional)
Garlic cloves (optional)
1/2 cup cooking sherry

Directions
1.  Stir the mushroom soup, onion soup mix, potatoes and carrots in a 3 1/2 quarter slow cooker.  Add the beef and turn to coat.  Add cooking wine.
2.  Cover and cook on LOW for 8-9 hours OR on HIGH for 4-5 hours.

Serve with a tossed green salad and crusty Italian bread.

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #209 on: April 07, 2009, 05:21:32 PM »

I was going through my coupon pages from the Sunday paper and saw these cute Easter cupcakes in an ad for McCormick's.

Bunny Cupcakes

Hop on over to the kitchen to prepare these cute as can be cupcakes. Perfect for spring celebrations, Easter, baby showers and birthday parties.

Makes 12 (1 cupcake) servings.
Prep Time: 30 minutes

1 container (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
McCormickŪ Assorted Food Colors and Egg Dye or McCormickŪ Assorted NEON! Food Colors and Egg Dye
2 cups flaked coconut
12 unfrosted cupcakes
12 plain donut holes
12 large marshmallows
6 pink jelly beans, halved crosswise
Chocolate sprinkles
Miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. Tint frosting pink or blue, using 4 drops red or 4 drops NEON blue food color. Place coconut in resealable plastic bag. Add 4 drops red or 4 drops NEON blue food color to coconut in bag; shake until coconut is evenly tinted.

2. Spread top of each cupcake with tinted frosting. Press each cupcake into tinted coconut to cover top completely. Spread donut holes with remaining frosting. Press a donut hole into top of each cupcake to form the bunny’s head.

3. For the ears, cut a 1/4-inch slice off the flat ends of each marshmallow to make 24 slices. Dip cut sides of the marshmallow slices into the coconut until completely covered. (Reserve remaining marshmallow pieces.) Attach 2 marshmallow slices to the head of each bunny with frosting to create ears.

4. Press a jelly bean half into the face for the nose and sprinkles for the whiskers. Use the chocolate chips for the eyes. Press the plain marshmallow pieces into the cupcake for the belly.

Test Kitchen Tips:
To make 6 each pink and blue cupcakes, use 2 drops of each food color in each half batch of frosting and coconut.

For ease in frosting donut holes, first insert small wooden skewer into donut. Use skewer as a handle when frosting donut. Invert frosted donut onto cupcake then remove skewer.

Link to this recipe:

http://www.mccormick.com/Recipes/Desserts/Bunny-Cupcakes.aspx

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #210 on: April 07, 2009, 05:24:50 PM »

Chick Cupcakes

Hatch a batch of these cupcakes this Easter with your little kitchen helpers.

Makes 12 (1 cupcake) servings.
Prep Time: 30 minutes

1 container (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
McCormickŪ Assorted Food Colors and Egg Dye
2 cups flaked coconut
12 unfrosted cupcakes
12 plain donut holes
12 pieces candy corn or 6 orange jelly beans, halved lengthwise
Miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. Tint frosting yellow, using 18 drops yellow food color. Place coconut in resealable plastic bag. Add 12 drops yellow food color to coconut in bag; shake until coconut is evenly tinted.

2. Spread top of each cupcake with tinted frosting. Press opposite sides of each cupcake into tinted coconut. Spread donut holes with remaining frosting. Press a donut hole into top of each cupcake to form the chick’s head.

3. Press coconut on top of the head for feathers. Insert a candy corn or jelly bean half into the face for the beak. Use the chocolate chips for the eyes.

Test Kitchen Tip: For ease in frosting donut holes, first insert small wooden skewer into donut. Use skewer as a handle when frosting donut. Invert frosted donut onto cupcake then remove skewer.

Link to this recipe:

http://www.mccormick.com/Recipes/Desserts/Chick-Cupcakes.aspx

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #211 on: April 07, 2009, 07:25:54 PM »

Prissy - what cute cupcakes - and they look easy enough for a small child to make!  Clapping

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #212 on: April 30, 2009, 01:34:27 PM »

wave

My sister has been here for 10 days, and I have taken her to some restaurants where she could sample food that she probably could not get in her home state of Tennessee. Louisiana, is, unfortunately for my waistline, a state with great food. Yesterday we had a sampler platter of fried green tomatoes, alligator, (served in individual bite-size pieces with a choice of several dips), mini meat pies (ground beef, highly spiced, in a pie crust), and Shrimp Remoulade. The shrimp was served cold, in a pretty serving glass - sauce in the glass, and the shrimp "hooked" onto the side of the glass. Shrimp Remoulade may also be served over lettuce. So many people enjoy boiled shrimp in the summer, and this is a good change from the tomato-based seafood cocktail sauce:

Remoulade Sauce

1 cup French dressing
1 cup Creole mustard
2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon horseradish
1 tablespoon grated or minced onion
1 teasoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
Juice of one lemon

Combine ingredients. Blend thoroughly. Chill until ready to serve.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #213 on: April 30, 2009, 01:51:32 PM »

I also bought this for my husband yesterday - it is a jalapeno pepper griller! You fill, clean, and empty the peppers of seeds, then fill them with almost anything you want and grill them. This griller can also be used in the oven. I also think the recipes would work just as well if the peppers were wrapped in aluminum foil and cooked in the oven without the griller, but the griller looks like fun. This photo doesn't show it very well, but the griller has legs to keep the peppers up off of the grill:

The general instructions that came with the griller are:

Cut the tops off of the jalapnos. Using a seeder, apple corer, or paring knife, remove all of the seeds. Stuffing - let your imagination go wild! Try everything from the plain: cheese, sausage, eggs, to the unique: shrimp, crab, smoked oysters, peanut butter, etc. To stuff, poke a hole in the bottom of the pepper (unless your stuffing is runny), and stuff them. Top with 1/4 piece of bacon (if desired) and secure with a toothpick. Cook on a grill or oven at 325-350 degrees. If you want your peppers to lose most of their heat, cook slower for about an hour. If you want some kick, 30-45 minutes at 350 should do the trick. When the bacon is done, so are the peppers.

Some of the recipes include sausage (breakfast sausage) and cream cheese, shrimp (one shrimp per pepper) and peanut butter (says it sounds crazy - and it does - but the peanut butter is supposed to cut the heat).

I bought this for my husband for either his birthday or Fathers' Day - they are 2 weeks apart. Hope I can keep from giving it to him until June. He does love to grill & to try new things. These grillers may be sold in other parts of the country (although not in the shape of Louisiana  Laughing ) but I have never noticed them for sale here before.

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #214 on: April 30, 2009, 04:42:46 PM »

FRANKIE, that shrimp sauce sounded wonderful.  I will have to make some I bet it would be good on other meat too.  Also might not be as fattening as tarter sauce which I use on fish.  What interesting recipes for the pepper cooker!!!  Lewis will sure have fun with that.  I have never seen anything like that and I am always looking at grilling things for my son in Arizona, makes wonderful gifts.

cl4clay
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S FAVORITE COOKIE CHEF

« Reply #215 on: June 03, 2009, 05:14:34 PM »

hI EVERYONE - THOUGHT I'D COME OVER AND SHARE AWONDERFUL, EASY RECIPE WITH YOU. IT'S TRULY  LUSCIOUS, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE A CHOCOLATE LOVER.
                                   CHOCOLATE CREAM DESSERT

3 CUPS VANILLA WAFER COOKIE CRUMBS
       1/4 CUP SUGAR
       2/3 CUP MELTED BUTTER

1 CUP MILK
        10 OZ. PKG. LARGE MARSHMALLOWS
        1 - 7 OZ. PKG. HERSHEY CANDY BAR
       2 CUPS WHIPPING CREAM, WHIPPED
        1/2 TEAS. VANILLA EXTRACT

IN A 9X13 PAN, PUT GROUND VANILLA WAFER CRUMBS AND SUGAR - MIX. POUR MELTED
BUTTER OVER CRUMBS, MIX UNTIL CRUMBLY, RESERVER 1/3 CUP FOR TOPPING. PRESS REMAINING CRUMBS INTO PAN AND PUT IN FRIG TO COOL.

IN A LARGE PAN, OVER LOW HEAT, MELT HERSEY BAR, MARSHMALLOWS AND MILK.  STIR CONSTANTLY UNTIL ALL IS MELTED, THEN SET ASIDE AND COOL TO ROOM TEMPERATURE. MEANWHILE, BEAT WHIPPING CREAM UNTIL WHIPPED AND FOLD INTO CHOCOLATE MIXTURE. ADD VANILLA.  REFRIGERATE FOR 3 TO 4 HOURS. SPRINKLE WITH REMAINING CRUMBS.

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BOTHER USING WHIPPED CREAM, TRY USING ABOUT 12 OZ. OR 16 OZ. OF COOL WHIP. EITHER WILL WORK FINE. THIS RECIPE TAKES NO BAKING, JUST REFRIGERATE FOR AT LEAST 4 HOURS. IT'S REALLY GOOD. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.

HUGS TO ALL - EVELYN

CLAY'S PASTRY CHEF
Julie,JJ and Liz - Our OCD guardian angels
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #216 on: June 03, 2009, 06:28:36 PM »

Evelyn, your dessert looks scrumptious.  But I think I'm going to use Ghardelli Dark Chocolate in place of the Hershey's bar!  Yum!!!

Thanks!

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
cl4clay
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S FAVORITE COOKIE CHEF

« Reply #217 on: June 03, 2009, 07:02:42 PM »

Thea - that's what Bozena said she was going to do, use a dark rich chocolate.

CLAY'S PASTRY CHEF
Julie,JJ and Liz - Our OCD guardian angels
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #218 on: June 03, 2009, 07:37:29 PM »

Thea - that's what Bozena said she was going to do, use a dark rich chocolate.

Aha!  I always knew that Bozena was a class act!  (along with you!)  Huggles Huggles

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #219 on: June 04, 2009, 08:59:40 AM »

Evelyn,

I'm always interested in a new way to eat chocolate!!  Laughing  Sounds delicious!!

I love chocolate

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx