gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:26:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 359
Total: 359

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Recipe Swap Thread  (Read 64618 times)
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #120 on: March 10, 2007, 10:09:32 AM »

SHARON, do you add any water to the mushroom soup?

Shirley I didn't!!!

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #121 on: March 10, 2007, 10:32:08 AM »

WHO NEEDS A COOKBOOK WHEN I CAN JUST COME HERE & SEE SOME GREAT EATS FROM SOME VERY  WONDERFULLY NICE  COOKS.  THANKS EVERYONE  Big Hug!

ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #122 on: March 10, 2007, 11:26:12 AM »

ANGELA, your right, wonderful recipes right here.  We could make a cookbook from  the Recipe thread and donate the proceedings to CLAY's charity.   The spinach salad sounds wonderful, I bet it would be good with the dressing hot to where it wilts the spinach a little.  I have had it that way and it is so good.  The dip sounded great and so easy, will have to make that also. 

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #123 on: March 11, 2007, 06:38:42 AM »

Woody!!!!  I'm trying your "No Peek Chicken" tonight for my Woody (Dad)  I promise I won't peek!! Purple Banana

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2007, 10:54:56 AM »

Woody loved the "No Peek Chicken" fruit

I told Dad instead of "Peking" chicken we were having No Peek chicken lmao Laughing Laughing Clapping

woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #125 on: March 17, 2007, 03:46:23 AM »

wave

Anyone interested in doing a second Claymaniacs cookbook???  Please go to COOKBOOK  and use your voice!!!  Wink

Sharon - Glad you liked it!!!  It is my mom's recipe, and I will tell her.   bigsmile
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
ydebi
Enthusiastic

Clay's Lurker

« Reply #126 on: March 17, 2007, 11:08:08 AM »

A new cook book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Clapping

I'm interested
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #127 on: April 18, 2007, 09:44:32 PM »

This evening, at our Wednesday Evening Supper, we had "Breakfast for Supper"  One of the dishes was Blueberry French Toast.

Here is the recipe they used:

Overnight Blueberry French Toast
SUBMITTED BY: Karan Cox
"This is a very unique breakfast dish. Good for any holiday breakfast or brunch, it's filled with the fresh taste of blueberries, and covered with a rich blueberry sauce to make it a one of a kind."

(Ingredients and amounts in parenthesis are from my church's cooks.)

Original recipe yield:
10 servings
PREP TIME     15 Min
COOK TIME     1 Hr 15 Min
READY IN     10 Hrs
PHOTO BY: MalElaine

INGREDIENTS
12 slices day-old bread, cut into 1 inch cubes (1 loaf of French bread cut in 12 thick slices, then cubed)
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes (1.5 (8 oz) pkgs cream cheese, cubed..whip with milk)
1 cup fresh blueberries (2 cups fresh blueberries)
12 eggs, beaten (9 eggs beaten)
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup maple syrup

1 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup water
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 tablespoon butter

DIRECTIONS
Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange half the bread cubes in the dish, and top with cream cheese cubes. Sprinkle 1 cup blueberries over the cream cheese, and top with remaining bread cubes.

In a large bowl, mix the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and syrup. Pour over the bread cubes. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.

Remove the bread cube mixture from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before baking. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Cover, and bake 30 minutes. Uncover, and continue baking 25 to 30 minutes, until center is firm and surface is lightly browned.

In a medium saucepan, mix the sugar, cornstarch, and water. Bring to a boil. Stirring constantly, cook 3 to 4 minutes. Mix in the remaining 1 cup blueberries. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes, until the blueberries burst. Stir in the butter, and pour over the baked French toast.

I'm sure the original recipe is delicious, but you can adjust the amounts as you want (like my church did) and still have a delicious blueberry dish.

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2007, 05:19:23 AM »

PRISSY, Oh my gosh you have my mouth watering!!!  If you and Joann and Jennie come down I will make this for our brunch!!

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2007, 06:23:11 AM »

Pepe,

I'm ready!!  That would be fun!  And this was a delicious dish.  My church used French bread with thick slices and twice the blueberries!!

Hugs,
Prissy

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #130 on: July 15, 2007, 07:57:35 AM »

There is still time to order your CLAYMANIACS COOKBOOK

This is a book to treasure for years...and it would make a great gift!! Wink

This thread has been quiet while the Cookbook has been in progress, but I made a new dish for company on Friday that I thought I would share because it was very yummy!!

Crabmeat Spinach Braid

1 10 oz pkg frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
1 lg can of crabmeat, drained and flaked
1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese or cream-style cottage cheese, drained
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
1 pkg refrigerated crescent rolls
3 thick slices of Provolone cheese

Directions:
For filling, stir together spinach, crabmeat, ricotta or cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, and garlic. Set aside.

Unroll and seperate crescent dough into 4 rectangles.  On an ungreased baking sheet place rectangles together, overlapping edges slightly, for a 14X10 inch rectangle.  Firmly press edges and perforations together to seal.

Spread filling in a 3 1/2 inch wide strip, lenthwise down the center of dough.  Top with provolone, cutting to cover the filling.

Make cuts in dough at 1-inch intervals on both long sides of the rectangle just to edge of filling.  Fold dough strips diagonally over filling, overlapping strips and alternating from side to side to give a braided appearance.

Bake in a 375 degree over for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden.  Serve warm with additional grated Parmesan cheese. 

Notes:
This can be made with one 9 1/4 oz can chunk white tuna (water pack), drained and flaked, instead of crabmeat. 
I would think that you could easily use the imitation crabmeat (found in most seafood sections at the grocery store).
I used the cottage cheese in my recipe and it worked out just fine.
The braid was much easier to do than I had anticipated. Laughing

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #131 on: October 23, 2007, 12:03:44 PM »

Hello!

I'm reviving this thread to the first page because there are still recipes I am using from here.  Even though the cookbook will be out soon, I wanted Deanna's meat loaf recipe and Clay's hot pineapple salad.  I'm making both this evening.

Hugs,
Prissy

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #132 on: October 27, 2007, 02:37:00 PM »

IF you go back to PAGE 3 of this thread you will remember the birthday cake I make for my Mother. 

I always look for something "different" for her birthday.  bigsmile  Here is this year's version:

Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle

2 (14-ounce) packages gingerbread mix
1 (5.1 ounce) box cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
1 (30-ounce) can pumpklin pie filling
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 teaspoon ground caramom or cinnamon
1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping

1/2 cup gingersnaps, optional

Bake the gingerbread according to the package directions, cool completely.  Meanwhile, prepare the pudding and set aside to cool.  Stir the filling, sugar, and cardamom into the pudding.  Crumble 1 batch of gingerbread into the bottom of a large pretty bowl. Pour 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the gingerbread, then add a layer of whipped toppping.  Repeat with the remaining gingerbread, pudding and whipped topping.  Sprinkle with crushed gingersnaps, if desired.  Trifle can be layered in a punch bowl. 

Now, you all know that I don't follow directions well  Smile, so here is what I did:
I used just 1 gingerbread, 1 small (3.4 oz) package of INSTANT vanilla pudding, 1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin pie filling, and 1 (8 oz) container of Cool Whip.  I used a little more cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg.  I crumbled some of the gingerbread for the top.  Wink

I think this would make a great Thanksgiving dessert. 

Clay "is" the "News"
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #133 on: October 27, 2007, 03:25:22 PM »

Deanna, that looks wonderful!!!Glad I stopped in, I have the same trifle bowl, and will try this receipe

mcraig2
SuperFan

« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2007, 04:21:25 PM »

Here is a recipe I included in the Claymaniac Cookbook, it seems pretty popular for the ones that have tried it.  Very Easy!!

ALMOND CHICKEN

1 CUP OF BREAD CRUMBS
1/4 CUP OF GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE
1/4 CUP OF FINELY CHOPPED ALMONDS
1 GARLIC CLOVE CRUSHED
1/4 TEASPOON OF THYME
SALT AND PEPPER
2 POUNDS BONELESS , SKINLESS CHICKEN BREASTS OR CHICKEN TENDERS

1. PREHEAT OVEN TO 400 degrees

2. IN A MEDIUM BOWL, STIR BREAD CRUMBS, PARMESAN CHEESE, ALMONDS, GARLIC, SALT AND PEPPER AND THYME TILL    MIXED.

3.  DIP CHICKEN IN OLIVE OIL, THEN IN BREAD CRUMB MIXTURE TO COAT.  PLACE CHICKEN ON COOKIE SHEET.  BAKE 30 MINUTES OR UNTIL JUICES RUN CLEAR.  (DO NOT TURN CHICKEN OVER)

This is so easy but has great flavor, just resist the temptation of turning the chicken over.  I usually use chicken tenders but if you use thick chicken breasts you should pound them till they are thinner.

Hey, Shirley....what temp?  Thanx!

"Keeper of those mesmerizing green eyes."  (as long as there's no guyliner)
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #135 on: October 27, 2007, 04:24:32 PM »

Deanna, how beautiful!!!  Sounds wonderful!  You mean the half portion of ingredients you made filled that large bowl.  My goodness if you followed the recipe it would be huge!!  Love your placemats also, they are darling!!  Really enjoyed your pictures it really helps when explaining a new recipe.   Huggles

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #136 on: October 27, 2007, 04:28:03 PM »

MARILYN, how funny I was just posting and happened to see your post.  Bake at 400 degrees!  You will love it.  Sasha and Angela tried it and now that is all their husbands want them to fix.

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #137 on: October 28, 2007, 06:24:18 AM »

You mean the half portion of ingredients you made filled that large bowl.  My goodness if you followed the recipe it would be huge!! 

Yes, the "half portions" filled my trifle bowl.  wow  When the recipe said that you could use a punch bowl I figured it would be way more than I wanted, that is why I went with the smaller amounts.   bigsmile

Love your placemats also, they are darling!! 
I have my house decorated for Halloween at this time. Laughing

Really enjoyed your pictures it really helps when explaining a new recipe.
Some people may think I am crazy when I take pictures of "food", but I always look for a picture when I try a new recipe.  I agree that I think it really helps.
Hug

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #138 on: October 28, 2007, 12:23:03 PM »

Shirley, the Almond Chicken does sound great, but I can't eat almonds.   Paranoid  What do you think I could substitute??  Any suggestions??

Clay "is" the "News"
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #139 on: October 28, 2007, 04:12:35 PM »

Deanna, can you eat any nuts at all?  If  you can you could substitute crushed walnuts.  The nuts in the breading is what gives it the flavor.

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx