gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:41:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 355
Total: 355

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Recipe Swap Thread  (Read 64661 times)
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2007, 06:42:34 AM »

Thanks for all the recipes, everyone!!!  I LOVE getting new recipes, and I have been printing them out.

I usually have menus or recipes that I make for certain holidays.  For  heartbeat Valentine's Day  heartbeat  I make a heart shaped meatloaf and top it with thinned down tomato paste. 

We are usually doing the lo-carb thing, so instead of bread crumbs, I add parmesan cheese.  It adds great flavor and no carbs!!!

I will come back with some chicken recipes for you, Beth!!!
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2007, 04:40:00 PM »

Hello!

Deanna, I have made your meatloaf and Frankie, your chicken already a couple of times. Delicious!!

Last Valentine's Day I made a white Valentine cake with white frosting and a browine Valentine.  I don't think I will make any cakes this time, but here is a photo of the ones from last year.

Hugs,
Prissy
 heartburst val day heart heartburst

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2007, 11:30:10 AM »

Thanks for all the recipes, everyone!!!  I LOVE getting new recipes, and I have been printing them out.

Me, too!!  And I actually think I have a decent recipe box now, thanks to y'all.

What's even cooler is that I'm making a duplicate for Kandise to go in her Hope Chest (which she will be getting sometime this year, as she is 16) for when she moves out.  She'll have lots of great recipes and know how to make them, since we always cook together.

My mother never taught me to cook.  It wasn't intentional, just a busy lifestyle and an oversight.  So my first husband actually had to teach me!   ROFLMAO  But Kandise will leave my home prepared, whether she goes away to college or gets married or whatever she chooses to do.  And she'll take a little piece of all of my Claymaniac friends with her!

This thread is awesome.

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2007, 01:40:32 PM »

PRISSY, the cakes look good enough to eat!!     The table looks so pretty with the cakes.

SHARON, what a wonderful idea, I am sure she will love it!

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2007, 08:17:37 PM »

Hello!

Some have asked for my Orange Mandarin Salad recipe.  It is in the Claymaniac Cookbook in the SALADS section, the fourth recipe.  And I am postiing it here, too.

ORANGE MANDARIN SALAD

2 small (3 oz) packages tapioca pudding
2 small (3 oz) packages orange jello
3 cups of water
2 small (11 oz) cans of manadarin orange slices (drained)
1 (15 oz) can of pineapple tidbits, drained
1 (4 oz) Cool Whip

In 3 cups of water cook on range the tapioca pudding and jello. Stir and cook until it starts to thicken.  Remove from stove and let cool completely.  (I usually put it in the refrigerator for a while or overnight.)

Add to cooled pudding/jello mixture the drained mandarin oranges and drained pineapple tidbits.  Stir in the Cool Whip.  Keep chilled.

If you refrigerate the pudding/jello mixture overnight, you will have to break it up (stir it a lot) to work in the orange slices, pineapple tidbits and Cool Whip.  I usually use half or a little more of an 8 ounce Cool Whip.

woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2007, 10:22:58 AM »

Prissy - That is such a good recipe!!!  Clapping

I promised I would come back with some chicken recipes for Beth and her picky husband.   Laughing

So here are some favorites.

You want the easiest recipe in the world that I made one night when I was in a hurry, and now I LOVE it???

Teriyaki Chicken and Rice

2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, depending on their size, about 1 pound

2 packages Knorr/Lipton Teriyaki Rice Asian side dishes

Cook chicken breasts in a frypan in a small amount of oil.  May add soy sauce or teriyaki sauce if desired, but not necessary.  Turn the breasts and continue to cook until they are done all the way through.
Cut up chicken into bite sized pieces.

Fix Teriyaki rice according to package directions.  Mix in chicken.  Heat thoroughly.

Serve with egg rolls or other desired side dish.  YUM!!!!!

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2007, 10:26:53 AM »

We served this at a restaurant I used to work at, and it was a favorite, especially in the summer.  I make it at home all the time!!!

GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD

1 boneless skinless chicken breast per person
Lettuce, torn apart
Tomatoes, diced
Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded

Cook chicken breasts in a frypan on the top of the stove with soy sauce on them.  Cover so they will not dry out.  Cook on both sides until done through.

Cut up chicken breast and serve on top of lettuce.  Add tomatoes and cheese.

Serve with your favorite dressing.  I like this one with Italian dressing.  bigsmile

woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2007, 10:35:03 AM »

This is one of my families favorites.  My daughter makes it now...this is one of our PIG OUT meals.

CHICKEN FOR TACOS OR ENCHILADAS

1 whole chicken, cut up, or your favorite chicken parts
1 small can tomato paste
2 cups chicken broth or bouillon
1 medium onion, diced
2-3 cloves garlic, diced
1-1 1/2 T chili powder
2 teas. cumin

Boil chicken pieces about 45 minutes, or until done.  De-bone and shred.
Put chicken in a large skillet.  Add all the other ingredients.  Stir well, and cook down until most of the liquid is gone.

TO SERVE AS TACOS:

Place in taco shells and fill with your favorite toppings!

TO SERVE AS ENCHILADAS:

Microwave a package of Corn Tortillas on high in the microwave for 1 minute in the package that has been opened to soften the tortillas.  Put chicken filling in each tortilla and roll up and put in a 9X13 pan.  Top with 1 can Enchilada sauce.  Cover with shredded cheddar cheese.  Cover with foil and bake in 325 degree oven for about 35-40 minutes to warm through.

YUM YUM YUM!!!!!

woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2007, 10:42:10 AM »

My sister-in-law gave me this recipe, and we LOVE it!!!!!  I have modified it.  I do not bread it.  And I do not marinate it ahead of time.  I will give you my version.

INDONESIAN CHICKEN

6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves
Oil to cover bottom of pan
1 T minced garlic
1 small onion, diced
1 1/2 tsp. curry powder
1/4 tsp. ginger
1 cup sour cream
Salt and pepper to taste

Brown chicken breasts in oil over medium heat.  Add 3/4 cup water, garlic, onion, curry powder, ginger, and salt and pepper.  Simmer for about a half hour.  Remove chicken to platter.  Stir sour cream into liquid in pan.  Heat a few minutes.  Place chicken back in pan to warm.  Serve over rice.

woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2007, 10:46:07 AM »

One more....this is my Mom's recipe.

No Peek Chicken

Chicken parts for 4, whichever you prefer
1 box Uncle Ben's Wild Long Grain Rice with Herbs
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 can cream of chicken soup
3/4 can water

Put raw rice in bottom of 9X13 dish. Mix in onion soup mix with the water and chicken soup.  Pour over rice.  Place chickn pieces on top, and put the package of herbs (from rice) on top of chicken.
Cover with foil and seal tightly.
Bake at 300 degrees for 3 hours and don't peek!!!

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #110 on: February 17, 2007, 03:51:42 PM »

WOODY, boy what great recipes.  I love this thread and am so happy it is so popular.  Prissy that salad is wonderful, I fixed it this summer and it is so refreshing to sit on the back porch after dinner and have a dish of it.  With 6 inches of snow and 17 degrees I am looking forward to doing it again.

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2007, 10:46:49 AM »

Hello!

I am enjoying all of these recipes, and I have been printing them out, too.  I think I will start my own new Claymaniac Cookbook.

I am going to try to group like recipes together, print them on regular 8 by 11 paper and either put them in protector sleeves in a notebook or use a three hole punch and put them in a 3 ring notebook.

This is how my Clay scrapbooks are set up;  in 3 ring binders with protector sleeves and.....

the quartet has all of our music in 3 ring binders with protector sleeves.  We don't have to carry around a ton of music books with us.  And we can move the music around in the notebooks.

Hugs,
Prissy

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2007, 12:18:53 PM »

Woody!!!!! Love these chicken receipe's!!!!!  gonna give them a try!!!

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
cl4clay
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S FAVORITE COOKIE CHEF

« Reply #113 on: March 05, 2007, 10:25:19 AM »

Sharon and all other that like sloppy joes. Here is something entirely different that we love and for those that don't like tomato sauce should try.

We call it White sloppy joes -

1 or 2 pounds of ground meat
      salt and pepper to taste
       dash of garlic salt       
       1 or 2 cans of mushroom soup
      1 jar of stem and pieces of mushroom

This recipe is so easy and actually the ingredients you just judge what you need. In a frying pan, brown your ground meat, add salt , pepper, garlic or onion powder or salt . Then add a can of mushroom soup for only 1 pound or 2 cans for 2 pounds of meat, stir this into the ground meat. If you are using 1 can of soup, then use 1/2 can water. If you are using 2 cans of soup, use a whole can of water, then add the mushrooms.

Once everything is mixed, pour it into a casserole dish or 9x13 pan and cover with tin foil.  Bake at 350 for about an
hour. Add more water if needed, but remember that you want it to be the consistency of sloppy joes so you don't want it too runny.

Sorry there aren't exact measurements, but this is one of those things that you just throw together and everyone loves.
It's great if you want a milder taste for sloppy joes and not as strong as a tomato sloppy joe would be.

Hope some of you try it. let me know if you like it. 

CLAY'S PASTRY CHEF
Julie,JJ and Liz - Our OCD guardian angels
cl4clay
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S FAVORITE COOKIE CHEF

« Reply #114 on: March 05, 2007, 10:39:26 AM »

I just wrote a recipe for lemon cream cups. Some of you might want to try it.

The crust is the same I always use for my mini muffin pans

LEMON CREAM CUPS

CRUST
       6 oz. of cream cheese, softened
       2 sticks of butter or margarine, softened
       2 cups flour

Mix ingredients together by hand and roll into 48 balls. place one ball in each cup and with finger and thumb, press into bottom and up sides of each cup.  Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. 

FILLING = LEMON CREAM

IN A MIXER, POUR 1 CAN SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK, SLOWLY ADD 1/3 CUP LEMON JUICE,A LITTLE AT A TIME BEATING WELL AFTER EACH ADDITION.

GRADUALLY ADD ONE 8 OZ. PACKAGE OF CREAM CHEESE  THAT HAS BEEN SOFTENED.

BEAT VERY WELL ON HIGH SPEED UNTIL MIXTURE IS THICK AND CREAMY AND CREAM CHEESE IS COMPLETELY INCORPORATED.

FOLD IN BY HAND 4 OZ. OF COOL WHIP.

USING A PASTRY BAG, PIPE THIS INTO EACH BAKED CUP. SPRINKLE TOP WITH COLORED SPRINKLES OR CRUSHED NUTS.
WHATEVER YOU PREFER.

THEY ARE LUSCIOUS - TRY THEM!!!!!

ALSO - IF YOU LIKE A STRONGER LEMON TASTE - ADD A DROP OF LEMON EXTRACT AND IF YOU WANT THEM TO LOOK MORE LEMONY, THEN ADD A DROP OF YELLOW FOOD COLORING.  I DIDN'T DO THIS BECAUSE I DIDN'T FEEL IT WAS NEEDED. 

CLAY'S PASTRY CHEF
Julie,JJ and Liz - Our OCD guardian angels
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #115 on: March 05, 2007, 02:04:02 PM »

Evelyn, trying the white sloppy joe's tonight!!!!

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #116 on: March 09, 2007, 12:18:40 PM »

Here's an easy one and a favorite of the kiddies.

I call it Lazy Butt Casserole.   Laughing

1 lb ground beef (or any meat you prefer, ie ground turkey...) browned in skillet and drained
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 small bag frozen peas
1/4 cup sour cream
2 cups grated cheese
chopped onions (optional)
6 baker sized potatoes

Peel potatoes and chop into medium-sized chunks.  Place in lightly greased casserole dish.  Stir in browned hamburger, mushroom soup, sour cream, onions, peas and ONE cup of the cheese.  Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees for one hour, or until potatoes are soft.

Remove from oven, stir and then top with the rest of the cheese.  Allow a few minutes for the cheese to melt, and serve.

Yes, it's a lazy day's dinner, and definitely not a low fat, low cal kind of thing.  But it's yummy!   bigsmile

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #117 on: March 09, 2007, 04:12:14 PM »

SHARON, do you add any water to the mushroom soup?

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #118 on: March 10, 2007, 08:17:58 AM »

Wow!! More great recipes!

I had guests for supper last night, so I did lots more cooking. Wink

We had Mexican dip with Tostitos for an appetizer, then Spinach Salad, then Seafood Pasta Casserole with Homemade bread, and finally custard cups for dessert.  Tired

Here is the recipe for the Mexican dip because it is very simple yet tasty:

1 block of cream cheese
1 can of chili
1 lg bag of shredded cheddar cheese

In a microwavable dish (I use a large ramekin-style oval dish), spread 1/2 a block of cream cheese.  Top with 1/2 a can of chili.  Cover completely with shredded cheddar cheese.  Microwave until the cheese melts and gets bubbly.  Serve with any style tortillo chips that dip well. I like that you can get 2 complete batches out of the purchased ingredients.

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #119 on: March 10, 2007, 08:33:11 AM »

The hit of the evening was the Spinach Salad, so here is the recipe I used:

4 eggs-hard boiled and chopped
1/2 lb. of bacon--cooked and crumbled
1/2 lb of marinated sliced mushrooms (I sliced the mushrooms into thin slices, covered them with Hearty Italian Dressing and placed them in a covered dish in the fridge for 4 hours)
1 bag of fresh baby spinach leaves

Dressing:
1/4 cup diced onion
2/3 cup white sugar
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp celery salt
1 tbls mustard powder
1 cup of vegetable oil (I used only about 1/2 to 2/3 cup because I don't like "oily" dressings)
1/3 cup white vinegar
In a small saucepan, combine the ingredients and whisk over high heat until all of the ingredients are well mixed and the onions are translucent.  Remove from heat and refridgerate until cooled.

When ready to serve, just combine the first ingredients and pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.

I have tried many different dressing for Spinach Salads, and this one was definitely the best!  Clapping

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx