gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:18:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 149
Total: 149

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What does Claymaniacs mean to you?  (Read 4682 times)
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« on: March 10, 2006, 07:11:26 PM »

I've been mostly lurking the last few days while I've been battling some personal issues, and I noticed something.  Even when I don't feel like posting, I find myself coming here to puruse the forums and read the threads.

And I do that because I find comfort here.

Yes, there's drama.  There's also humor.  Sometimes there's sorrow and loss, and sometimes there's celebration and growth.  And there's a great deal of love.  In all of those things, I realize I, find something worthwhile.

But even better than that?  It's the names I see as I scroll through the threads.  Familiar screen names, many of which I'm fortunate enough to know a real name and sometimes even a face to go with it.  Each one is unique, and each one brings something different to every discussion and to this community.

Precious, each and every one of our over 4,600 members.  

I know I've said this many times before, but it's as true now as it was the first time I said it, so to those of you who are thinking, "Here she goes again!", well ... shut up.  LOL

We've evolved from a fan community to a family.  We aren't restricted to topics that only allow us to discuss Clay.  We're allowed and even encouraged to explore a whole bunch of other areas and interests, and that let's us get to know each other as individuals and not just fans.

I've recently realized that, while I will always love Clay and will always be a fan, my enthusiasm and attention wouldn't be at the high levels it always is - especially during the droughts - without Claymaniacs, and without all of you.

I've learned a lot from my friends here on the board.  I've learned new depths of generosity and faith.  I've learned things about myself that have made being me a little more rewarding.  And I've learned the amazing lengths some people will go to in order to help or support someone they've never even met face to face.

And I've learned that there's nothing Pamela can do to me when I do this:

HEY PAMELA!!!   Nener nener!

That's what Claymaniacs means to me.  What's it mean to you?

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

Tamaraluv
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 08:39:35 PM »

OK my 2 cents... Wink

I came here over a year ago  lurking. (Now I may have hopped on the "Claytrain" a little later than most, but I am a fan just the same.) I had lurked on other sites but for some reason I came and stayed here. I stayed b/c of all of you. As I lurked I got to know "names" and I laughed when you all laughed and I cried when you all cried. Afterall I was just lurking but you all became such an important entity that last May I decided to register and be a Claymaniac!! You all seemed like a such a wonderful family that I wanted to be a part of it.

Now I may stay at the BPLT mansion...but I am slowly venturing onto other threads. And with the myspace up and running I have "met" a few more 'family members' that I probably won't have otherwise.

And as far as concert gatherings go, I have met two people from here in person....Sararocks and Tiffany. I hope one day to meet a few more of my new found friends.

Friendship and support is what I have found here......and I wouldn't give up for anything in this world!! Huggles
ydebi
Enthusiastic

Clay's Lurker

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 08:45:58 PM »

Oh my Gosh Kris...you ask a hard question.."WHAT DOES CLAYMANIAC MEAN TO ME" If I had to put it into one word it would have to be " Happiness" but that is pretty wide open...so I'm gonna try to explain why it means that to me.

I never saw Clay on AI, I never watched it, I only started to search for stuff about Clay because of losing a friend to a move out of state...she was/is a huge Clay fan. When she moved I searched the internet to find articles and pictures of him and I would send them to her.  She had to move before her husband so she was there all alone and little notes and articles about Clay brought much joy to her....while searching I found Claymaniacs and realized why My friend was so crazy about Clay...his voice and all that he stood for amazed me..  I lurked for awhile until the independant tour and I knew I wanted to meet other clay fans and I did . it was a small group but that group of friends have grown and we have become like family...that group later became the motor city red thong Mafia. we have formed some very close bonds and have stood by eachother through many good times and some difficult times, and we are always there for eachother...eventually I started lurking in other areas and found many awesome people all over claymaniac...way to many to name..each and every one of them  has something to offer.  I can remember a time when I thought I had no friends, life had just gotten busy and there just wasn't time for that...Claymaniacs made me realize what I have been missing....friendships...people that you have something in common with...people who care and listen...So I guess that is what claymaniacs means to me.... FRIENDSHIP.... and that has lead to.......HAPPINESS.... thanks to each of you!!!!!!!!  hugs.....debi
ydebi
Enthusiastic

Clay's Lurker

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 08:48:28 PM »

hello Tamaraluv  we were posting at the same time.... Friendship and support sooooo true.....
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 09:06:24 PM »

At various times and on various threads,  I have addressed this topic, but I will try to summarize my feelings here.

When I first became enamored of Clay, like so many of you, I came to the computer (which I knew very little about) to find out more about Clay.  And then I discovered the "purple" Clay site.  I would read every thread, but I didn't know how to post or join.  Once, Pamela posted a box number to order Claymaniac pins, and I, at last, had a way to connect to Claymaniacs. 

I ordered three pins and sent Pamela this long, rambling letter about what a Clay fan I was, and how I had even "borrowed" magazines with Clay articles and photos from the mammogram office.

Then, my friend JoAnn told me how to post and I posted as a guest;  then I figured out how to join, and I've been here ever since March, 2004.

I still am a big Clay fan, but not so much enamored of Clay as I once was.   But this site continues to draw me here, and it is because of the many special people that I have met here.  We are indeed a family, and we are really here for each other.  If someone is hurting, we're here to lift them up;  if someone is delirious with happiness, we're here to cheer along with them.  We care and love each other.  This is indeed a home away from home. 

And I think that is a rare thing.  I seldom visit other sites, but I would venture to guess that no site has the tremendous feeling of closeness that exists here. 

I have a busy life, but when I have some spare time, I'm here, like so many of you.  The site is like a magnet that is hard to resist.  And what makes it so special is all of the people who have gathered here for Clay and found so much more.

Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2006, 06:16:27 AM »

LADY C- AS ALWAYS YOU HAVE A WAY WITH WORDS.

I CAME HERE NOT KNOWING WHAT IT WAS ALL ABOUT.  NEVER EVEN KNEW WHAT I WAS DOING.  LINDA(CT. LOVES CLAY) AND I WANTED TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT CLAY AND DECIDED TO JOIN.  WE NOT ONLY FOUND MORE ABOUT OUR CLAY AIKEN BUT FOUND FRIENDSHIPS BEYOND WORDS.  EVEN IN MY WORSE OF DAYS I STILL POST BECAUSE I ALSO FIND COMFORT HERE AND SUCH SUPPORT THAT EVEN MY FAMILY WOULD NOT UNDERSTAND.

I CAME FOR CLAY AIKEN AND NOT DID I ONLY FIND HIM BUT LOVE AND FRIENDSHIPS BEYOND WORDS.  THANK YOU.

HUGS
RAINEY
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2006, 07:22:42 AM »

KRIS--GOOD QUESTION.

I FOUND CM BY ACCIDENT.  IT TOOK A COUPLE OF MONTHS TO POST.  I FOUND THE BLPT AND CALLED IT HOME FOR A VERY LONG TIME.  I FOUND SOME INCREDIBLE FRIENDSHIPS THAT I TREASURE.  I LEARNED A LOT ABOUT MYSELF AND THE FANDOM.

BUT---CM MEANS ONE THING TO ME----LOVE.  LOVE OF CLAY FOR SURE.  LOVE OF FRIENDS.  THANK GOD FOR  THE WOMEN I HAVE MET HERE.  LOVE OF FAMILY.  WE ARE A FAMILY AND LIKE ANY FAMILY, WE ARE CLOSER TO SOME THAN TO OTHERS, BUT WE CARE ABOUT EACH OTHER NONETHELESS.

AND LOVE FOR PAMELA WHO KEEPS US ALL TOGETHER.   Huggles Huggles Huggles

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2006, 08:09:32 AM »

I SAW CLAY ON AMERICAN IDOL, BUT MISSED THE TOUR. I GUESS I WAS LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ABOUT HIM- AND STUMBLED HERE. I LURKED A LOT- HAD NEVER BEEN VERY INTERNET SAVVY- CHAT ROOMS SCARED ME.

THEN I SAW HIM AT THE INDEPENDENT TOUR ON LONG ISLAND. I WAS SO EXCITED AFTERWARD I FELT LIKE BURSTING- AND SO I CAME HERE TO SHARE MY EXHILIRATING EXPERIENCES.
   I STARTED ON BLPT AND WENT TO OCD- THEN OTHER THREADS. I FIND THAT CLAYMANIACS HAS SO MANY DIVERSE AND INTERESTING THREADS, ALONG WITH  A HUGELY WONDERFUL SUPPORTIVE MEMBERSHIP

I FOUND KINDRED SPIRITS IN MY LOVE FOR CLAY. I FOUND GIVING, CARING, SHARING WOMEN- WOMEN WHO SPARE NOTHING TO HELP AND ENCOURAGE OTHERS. THERE WAS NO JEALOUSY, NO EGOTISTICAL PEOPLE.

THERE WERE THOSE WHO WERE ABLE TO EXPOUND LOQUACIOUSLY ON THEIR OWN VIEWS AND OPINIONS. PEOPLE WHO YOU LOVED "DUELING" WORDS WITH- AND THOSE YOU WERE A LITTLE NAUGHTY WITH.

I STILL LOVE AND ADMIRE CLAY AS MUCH AS I DID THEN, IF NOT MORE. I HAVE BEEN PROUD TO SEE HIM GROW AS A PERFORMER, A MAN, AND A PHILANTHROPIST. MY FEELINGS WILL NOT ABATE IN THAT AREA.

BUT THANKS TO THIS MAN, I HAVE FOUND ALL OF YOU- MY LIFE IS RICHER, I FEEL THAT I HAVE FAMILY THAT I CAN COME TO FOR ADVICE, FOR INFORMATION, FOR HUGS WHEN I NEED IT.

AND PAMELA- I CAN NEVER EXPOUND ON WHAT A SPECIAL PERSON YOU ARE, AND HOW SANE YOU KEEP US ALL!!

THANK YOU CLAY- THANK YOU CLAYMANIACS.

Huggles Huggles

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
TaikenByClayton18
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2006, 09:50:53 AM »

I came into the fandom very late (as I didn't see AI and didn't get MOAM until Christmas 2003), I was looking for Clay fan sites and found Claymaniacs. I love it here because everyone is so nice (unlike some boards for other artists where people are constantly at each other's throats) and I enjoy reading the ANN, BLPT and Critical Mass every morning before I head off to school. I've made a couple of friends here and hope that I'll make a lot more in the future.  Smile
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2006, 04:05:29 PM »

I've noticed something interesting. Clay hasn't done a concert since the end of December. He hasn't made any guest appearances, done any interviews, or written any books lately either.

And yet, day after day, we come back to this site. We want to check in with our friends, our "family." We look forward to "seeing" each other--to finding out what's going on with someone who's having a tough time, or to hear somebody with a positive outlook putting a humorous spin on things.

Claymaniacs isn't just When do tickets go on sale? and How can I win a meet-n-greet? It's What did the doctor say? and I met the greatest guy!

And, of course, Where's the dang CD?? Laughing

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Tammy
Enthusiastic

I LOVE MY PUGS

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2006, 04:15:57 PM »

To me Claymaniacs means....

Sharing  a love for a man and his voice and expressing it with people who feel the same way.

A totally awesome web site.

Great moderators.

Wonderful friendships.

A second home.

Thanks you to all who make this a wonderful place to be..  Huggles Huggles

I LOVE MY PUGS! :heartburst 

Baby Dust JEWELS, LIZSIS AND JJ~OUR SPARKLING GEMS FROM HEAVEN Baby Dust
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2006, 05:59:05 PM »

I've noticed something interesting. Clay hasn't done a concert since the end of December. He hasn't made any guest appearances, done any interviews, or written any books lately either.

And yet, day after day, we come back to this site. We want to check in with our friends, our "family." We look forward to "seeing" each other--to finding out what's going on with someone who's having a tough time, or to hear somebody with a positive outlook putting a humorous spin on things.

Claymaniacs isn't just When do tickets go on sale? and How can I win a meet-n-greet? It's What did the doctor say? and I met the greatest guy!

And, of course, Where's the dang CD?? Laughing

Amen, Sunny!   Not Worthy  Well said, as always.

Well said, everyone!  I just thought maybe we all could use a little reminder.

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2006, 08:02:41 PM »

PHILLY STROLLS IN....

WELL, THAT'S GOOD QUESTION HERE KRIS...

FOR ME, I WAS A FAN FROM THE VERY FIRST AUDITION.. AT FIRST, I DIDN'T HAVE A HOME COMPUTER.  SO, AT LUCHTIME I WOULD SURF THE NET AT WORK ABOUT CLAY.  SOME FANSITES WERE TOO BIG AND IMPERSONAL.. AND OTHERS IF YOU GAVE AN OPINION THAT DIFFER FROM THEIR OWN YOU WOULD GET YOUR HEAD BITTEN OFF AND SPEWED OUT.. I WANTED A PLACE, THAT I WOULD FEEL WELCOME.

IT WAS BY A HAPPY ACCIDENT THAT I FOUND CLAYMANIACS, AND IT'S BEEN HOME TO ME EVER SINCE. Huggles

IT'S IS TRULY A FAMILY HERE NOT JUST A SITE..

THIS SITE IS SPECIAL NOT ONLY BECAUSE OF CLAY, BUT THE PEOPLE WHO HELP MAINTAIN THIS SITE

BIG THANKS TO MICHAEL AND PAMELA,  AND ALL THE MODERATORS, WHO TO ME  ARE THE GLUE THAT KEEPS US TOGETHER. Huggles

I DO ROAM AROUND ALL THE DIFFERENT THREAD...

<-------PLEASE EXAMINE MY POST COUNT... ROFLMAO

WELL, MY HOME IS THE BLPT, I SAW CLAY AIKEN IN BLACK LEATHER PANTS AND NEVER BEEN THE SAME SINCE!! ROFLMAO Paranoid

ANYHOO, I LOVE CLAYMANIACS!! Super Happy!!!

LOVE YA

PHILLY
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2006, 04:47:08 AM »

I found Claymaniacs by accident, also.  I was looking for concert info, and found it here.

Then I started to read what others were saying.  I got up the nerve to post as a guest, and I haven't shut up since!!  lmao

It was EASY to get involved with the people here, because everyone was so nice.  When I started the OCD thread, it REALLY WAS because I was a little worried about my obsession with this guy young enough to be my son.  It made a world of difference getting to know people who felt the same way.  And soon more and more people were joining Claymaniacs, and the friendships just kept growing.

Clay brought us all here for one reason or another, but I definitely stay for the Clayfun, and the love and friendship that abounds here because of all of you.   
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2006, 05:56:27 AM »

This is a great question, Kris!   Clapping

I too am another that found Claymaniacs by accident.  I was searching for information on the Indepentdent Tour and ended up here.  I lurked for about 2 weeks before I went to my first concert and then when I got home I was so excited I came back here to see what others were saying.  I finally got the nerve up to post and I've been posting ever since.

When I think of Claymaniacs I don't always immediately think of Clay anymore, I think of all the wonderful people I have met here, the fun times we have had going to see Clay and the fun times that have had absolutely nothing to do with Clay.  He may have been what we all came here for, but we stay for the people, the friendships and the fun. 

We are truly a family and when someone is hurting, working much too hard or elated about something we are all here to help, listen and give encouragement.  I don't think you will find that in too many other places and it makes me proud to be a member of this wonderful "family"!

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx