gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:24:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 322
Total: 322

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trick or Treat  (Read 19507 times)
songbird457
« on: October 21, 2005, 06:49:12 PM »

Hi everyone!

It's that time of year again..... the search for the perfect Halloween costume! I am still wondering what to be as I dress up to pass out candy w/ my brother at my new house this year!
Perhaps you would like to share what you are going to be, or your favorite Halloween story, or your best/ worst Halloween costume, etc.

My best costume was probably when I was in the second grade. I was a monarch butterfly and I wore a black leotard, black tights, and my mom took cardboard and covered it with orange felt and drew in wing markings and made me a huge pair of butterfly wings. I also wore a headband that had antennae on them. It was so cute. I had my hair in braids and looked so cute.
I can't think of any bad costumes - oh wait!!! yes I can.  lmao ROFLMAO
It was my freshman year of college and of course I had no money. The church I attended up at school had a party and I had no car to drive to a real store to get a costume. So my mom sent me my red sweat suit and made me a hood thing and put ping pong balls on the top (or something) so I coudl be my favorite Sesame Street character - Elmo.

Need I say more?  Laughing ROFLMAO

The next year I was something much better, I'm sure. lol.
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 06:55:31 PM »

Renee,

Once Hubby and I went to a Halloween party where there was a couple with white sweat shirts with  the letter P written in marker really large on the front of each shirt.  And they each had a heavy black circle around one eye.

They were BLACK EYED P's

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Paranoid

Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 07:23:29 PM »

Songbird, you beat me to it, I was going to make a Halloween thread. Laughing Since I'm here. . .

I love the Elmo costume story. ROFLMAO Prissy, too great about the black eyed P's. Laughing

I absolutely adore Halloween, so I don't really have a story where I didn't have a good time. Don't Know A couple of my favorite costumes though:
Junior year of highschool, I bought a pack of those stick on name tags, and wrote probably on about 25 to 50 of them with different names and stuck them all over me. I was an Identity Crisis!! lmao I loved that costume, I may have to do it again one of these years.

Senior year of highschool, I dressed up as a stereotypical goth, black makeup, white face, all black clothes carrying around a black rose I had bought at a Halloween store. I thought it'd be a hoot to see everyone's reaction, but the thing is, everyone said how cute I was!! shocking It was so odd. Maybe I should just dress goth more often. Laughing

This year, I'm going as a waitress from Hell. It's funny, because me and my mom thought of it together. Laughing I found such a spiffy black and white checkered waitress dress at Salvation Army (I love that store) for about a dollar fifty. I'm absolutely in love with the dress, I have my devil horns and tail to go with it, I have an apron from my sister from when she was a waitress, I even have a check tablet to take orders of the damned. Now I need to find my black tights and figure out what kind of makeup to wear for a waitress from Hell. It's going to be spiffy. Purple Banana

The only kind of nut Clay's not allergic to
I'm so weak to his fedora wearing ways!
Quote of however long: ♥♪"How could you wait another minute? A hug is warmer when you're in it." ♪♥ ~DSIAFCD
JoAnn Moody
SuperFan

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 07:29:22 PM »

I'm dressing up this year as "Ms. Green Thing."  She is the green M&M will an attitude.  I teach 2nd grade and we are having a United Way contest.  If the class reached their goal, THEY get to choose how their teacher dresses for school on Friday, Oct. 28.
    Well, guess what!  My class reached our goal in 2 days and they have chosen!  I have my ENTIRE classroom decorated in M&M characters.  They are so excited and to tell you the truth, so am I!
   I'm making my costume by sewing 2 round green tablecloths (front/back) white knee sock to go with my high top green sneakers.(kids love them since I wear them every "freaky Friday")  Also, a friend of mine gave me an after five, black beaded hand bag with a red, blue and green M&M on it, plus I'm wearing a tiara and boa!
     FUN PART---JUST FOUND OUT THAT IF OUR SCHOOL REACHES THE SCHOOL GOAL FOR UNITED WAY,    THE NEW SUPERINDENTENT WILL COME ON THE SAME DAY!!!!! I WOULD LOVE IT!
    lmao   HAPPY HALLOWEEN
JOANN

I would walk a mile for Clay's smile.
Beth
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 08:13:08 PM »

Renee,

My friend and I were absolutely obsessed with halloween when we worked at Bill Knapp's Restaurant.  So since we were allowed to wear costumes at work, we had a lot of fun with that.  One year we decided to dress as Batman and Catwoman.  I was Batman  lmao She was Catwoman  She's tall and thin and I'm 4'10"  Laughing We looked really funny.  I'll never forget the looks that I got driving to work with my costume on.  It was a really sunny day and I had this face mask on that covered my ears so when I put my sunglasses on, they kept sliding down my face.  Laughing  After working for a few hours we were allowed to go home around 8:30.  We decided to go trick or treating in the subdivision behind the restaurant.  It was pretty chilly that evening so we both wore our trench coats over our costumes.  So all you could see were our covered faces, a trench coat, and a white paper carry-out bag that said "Bill Knapp's Restaurant" on the front of it.  lmao  We were 19 at the time and I will never forget it!  ROFLMAO

Oh, can't you see it baby; You've got me goin' Crazy
Wherever you go; Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you

*Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game!
songbird457
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 09:55:53 PM »

Prissy  The Black Eyed Peas -  Laughing that is too funny. I was so lost trying to figure out what they could have been.  ROFLMAO ANd then I scrolled down and found the answer.

Jo Ann
What a fun idea for Halloween. It would be fun to be a teacher on Halloween - to get to dress up with your kids. I'm on vacation for this halloween so I don't get to go to work - we usually dress "thematically" too.

OMG funny story speaking of:
I work at a Credit Union and one year our theme was "Miss Credit Union" - the gals got to wear formal dresses and they each had the Miss AMerica sash thing - one said "Miss Checking Account", "MIss Savings acct", "Miss Stock fund" etc. It was so cheesey but now that i look back, it was a riot.
And what was I, you might ask.....

I was a devil that year I think because I was lucky and was working in the drive up that day!

Halloween is so fun.
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2005, 08:52:05 AM »

Songbird,

I don't really wear a costume, but during October, I wear Halloween type clothes.  I have a couple of Halloween vests, I have candy corn ear "rings" and a candy corn necklace (Plastic and metal.)  I also have other pumpkin earrings and Halloween pins. 

I have a "scrub" top I bought made out of Halloween fabric.  It actually matches the fabric on the table in this picture and some of the pillows on the sofa.  I have included some more pictures of my house that is decorated for Halloween! Laughing :trick

Prissy

songbird457
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 08:51:07 PM »

Aww Prissy -
What a spooktacular house you have.

I am still trying to decide if I want to dress up this year. I have no parties to go to. I have a feeling there might be some at work but since I have been off this week on vacation, I don't know about any of them.  Cry!

My most expensive costume was when I was a sophomore or junior (junior I think) in college. I was obsessed with the movie "Titanic" and they had a pattern for Kate Winslet's red, fringed dress (the one where she gets up on the side of the ship, ready to jump off until Leo saves her and changes her life forever.... sigh.... oh sorry, where was I??  Don't Know). I was skeptical as to have my roommate (who was a costume design major in theater) make it. She did so I was Rose from Titanic. I worked at our auditorium and someone took a picture at the party we had of me up in the grand tier - at the edge of the seating area with my arms spread open "I'm the Queen of the World"  ROFLMAO. ANyhow, it was a fun, but yes, expensive costume since we had to get fringe material, lace, satin, etc etc but it was so pretty.

Years later I wore it and was Juliet w/ a sign on my back that said "Where's my Romeo?" That was fun too.

Anyway, I am still debating whether or not to resurrect a costume and wear it Monday to pass out candy. Hmm good thing I have a few days to think about it....

Other favorite costumes I have worn: french maid, black cat, she-devil, hippie, witch, gypsy.... OH gosh I have to tell you my kindergarten gypsy story too.
I was in kindergarten and most kids had the plastic masks and costumes, but that year - yes, only 5 years old - my mom got some of her old clothing and made me into a gypsy. I had a bright yellow blouse, a long green skirt, lots of beads, a babooshka on my head, lipstick, bright blushed cheeks - my mom even took one of her bras and stuffed it and I wore it.
Needless to say when my teacher saw me come into the classroom w/ "boobs" she about fell on the floor laughing. It was so funny.....

*sigh* I do love Halloween!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2005, 05:50:41 AM »

Renee,

I loved hearing about all of the costumes you have worn over the years.  The Kindergarten story about the gypsy costume and the "boobs" is just priceless.

My quartet performed for the Woman's Club yesterday and we played two Halloween songs:  "Creepy Classics" and "Rosin Eating Zombies." I made Halloween scarves for us to wear:  on one side, purple with black bats and orange moons, on the reverse side, orange with black masks!  We also wore purple football antennae (from my TCU, Texas Christian University, days 35 years ago!).

:trick :trick :trick :trick :trick :trick

songbird457
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2005, 06:00:19 PM »

Have you guys ever heard "Pumpkin Carols"?
They were created from the Peanuts characters (Charlie brown, I think) in the spirit of the Great Pumpkin.
I'll post a couple....

I'm Dreaming of the Great Pumpkin

I'm dreaming of the Great Pumpkin
Just like I do this time each year
When he brings nice toys
To good girls and boys
Who wait for him to appear

I'm dreaming of the Great Pumpkin
With every pumpkin card I write
May your jack-o'-lanterns burn bright
When the Great Pumpkin visits you tonight

Pumpkin Bells

Dashing through the streets
In our costumes bright and gay
To each house we go
Laughing all the way

Halloween is here
Filled with lots of cheer
What fun it is to trick-or-treat
Singing Pumpkin Carols each year

Oh Pumpkin Bells, Pumpkin Bells
Ringing loud and clear
Oh what fun Great Pumpkin brings
When Halloween is here
JoAnn Moody
SuperFan

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2005, 08:05:56 PM »

This is my halloween costume I wore to work today.  Our school celebrated this week with United Way and Drug Awarness .  If our class room reached their goal, they selected how they wanted the teacher to dress.  The entire school also duct taped the principal to the gym wall today after making our United Way goal.
    I teach 2nd and my whole room is done up in M&M's, so my students chose Ms.Green for me to dress up.  Notice I even have a beaded after five M&M hand bag.
JoAnn

Our own Prissy made my M&M curtain toppers too!

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2005, 08:58:11 PM »

JoAnn,

Your "Miss Green" M&M costume turned out great!  Miss Green approves, too.  Super Happy!!!

Renee,

I have heard the Pumpkin Carols before.  Thanks for posting them.

Hugs,
Prissy

ydebi
Enthusiastic

Clay's Lurker

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2005, 09:10:43 PM »

JoAnn......love the M&M costume.....looks great and duct taping the principle !!!!! lmao lmao lmao  that is a sight I'de like to see....any pictures??????

Prissy....wow I would love to hear your quartet...Ilove the scarfs too.....
JoAnn Moody
SuperFan

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2005, 04:35:52 PM »

lmao lmao lmao

ydebi,  thanks I had a blast at school.  All together, about 12 of us dressed up for the kids.  The principal was a hoot!  She allowed each child to tape her up, then she was down in a flash.

Prissy;  My mystry pumpkin "disappeared"!!! Will this one do?

DisneyWorld 2003
JoAnn

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2005, 07:19:23 PM »

This evening at my church we had our first "Trunk or Treat."  We  parked our vehicles in a  huge circle on a field next to the church with the trunks and tailgates facing in.  Everyone decorated their trunks/tailgates for Halloween.  Children came around and  "Trunk or Treated" at each vehicle.  It was a safe, fun way to trick or treat.  Here are some photos from this evening.

I decorated our van with a Halloween tablecloth and cabbage patch dolls in costumes.  I also had animated witch and ghost dolls.  I included a couple of pumpkins , two windsocks, a bouncing spider, and Boo, a ghost figure the size of a small child.

Here are photos of some of the other trunks and tailgates.

ydebi
Enthusiastic

Clay's Lurker

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2005, 07:35:47 PM »

prissy what a great idea...and the trunk decorating....I love it!!!!!!!!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2005, 08:51:33 PM »

Awesome thread you guys! 

I think it should be in Clay Daily....at least for the BIG day! 

I'll share this for now...but it is a little bizarre so....you've been warned!

Extreme Pumpkin.com

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2005, 09:17:26 PM »

Pamela,

I was hoping there would be a Halloween thread.  I don't mind if you move this thread to Clay Daily.

Here are the Spooky Shelties making their annual visit.

Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2005, 01:41:36 AM »

Great everyone!

Have a BOOOOTIFUL HALLOWEEN!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2005, 02:33:50 AM »

I have some Happy Halloween decorations:

These are just a few of them.  I think I got carried away this year. Laughing
I have to be ready--I get about 200 Trick-or-Treaters!!! Wink

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print