gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:30:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 351
Total: 351

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Poet's Corner  (Read 44424 times)
yukino
Claynewbie

« Reply #100 on: August 21, 2006, 12:19:31 PM »

New poem-yay! It's about Pyo-again =) Unfortunately, we didn't really kiss...

Wow

We didn’t say anything
Because we didn’t have to
We just took in each other
For a few moments
And somehow knew what to do
Our lips seemed to touch on their own
I felt mine tingling
And wondered if you did too
I didn’t want to stop
When we did
All I could manage to say was
“Wow.”
All you could manage was a smile
That smile was even better than the kiss
Like waking up from a pleasant dream

xoxoxo,
Yukino

"soul mates never die" - placebo
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #101 on: August 23, 2006, 01:05:31 PM »

Yukino - Thank you for sharing more of your writing with us.  As always, I found your poems to be vibrant and full of youthful life!  They always make me feel good, make me feel young and energetic.

Well done, once again!

Love,
LadyC

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

yukino
Claynewbie

« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2006, 03:15:26 PM »

Thank you LadyC, you're sooo nice =) =)

xoxoxo,
Yukino

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #103 on: August 29, 2006, 07:53:17 PM »

Yukino,

I always love all of your poems.  You are so good at being honest with your feelings.  Do you know what I mean by that?  You express exactly what you feel with the perfect choice of words.

Hugs,
Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
yukino
Claynewbie

« Reply #104 on: August 30, 2006, 08:30:29 PM »

Thank you Prissy  I know this sounds conceited, but I looooove getting praise for my work! Thanks again  Smile I have a new one...

Untitled

When I was walking to my locker today
I could have sworn
That I heard your voice say my name
Just like you used to
All the time
I was tempted to turn around
Smile, and give you a hug
But I knew if I did
There would be no one behind me

Comments: I really miss Mr. Pyo =( He graduated from the school that I go to and I don't see him very often. This really happened today *sob*

xoxoxo,
Yukino

yukino
Claynewbie

« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2006, 06:30:48 PM »

I have a new poem =)

Missing You

Looking at photographs
And reading old messages
Isn’t enough anymore
As tears soak my pillowcase
I long to hear your voice
Feel the warmth of your embrace
And be able to stroke your soft, ebony hair
I miss you, I need you
Please come back into my life

Comments: I miss my Pyo =( =( =( Yes, I'm obsessed with his hair, it's soooo pretty!

xoxoxo,
Yukino

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2006, 03:17:46 PM »

Yukino,

Beautiful poems, as usual.  I admire how you can express your feelings so well.

Hugs,
Prissy

yukino
Claynewbie

« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2006, 10:27:17 AM »

Thank you Prissy I have another one everybody...

Untitled

No matter how long my inbox remains empty
No matter how long the telephone is silent
No matter how many hugs I don't receive
No matter how much my heart aches
I will wait for you

Comments: I haven't seen Mr. Pyo in 6 months and every month that goes by, my heart gets a new tear in it; I miss him sooo much =(   On a happier note, Clay has been looking quite delicious lately  library clay

xoxoxo,
Yukino

yukino
Claynewbie

« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2006, 07:55:09 PM »

Just stopping by to say hello =) Did you guys know that there is a whole Wikipedia entry about Clay? It's pretty coolio!

xoxoxo,
Yukino

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2006, 07:53:17 AM »

yukino -- some of my best bad poetry was written when I was missing someone!  How bad was it?
Well, one of them started like this:

"My soul is like an empty well,
Where nary a drop of water fell."

Hee!

Yours however, is wonderful.  Keep it up lady, you have a definite way with words.

Huggles
yukino
Claynewbie

« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2006, 08:39:58 PM »

Thank you =) I love compliments!  Huggles Yay! It was awful not seeing or talking to Pyo for so long because I am so in love with him. We finally talked on the phone not that long ago and it was wonderful just to hear his voice again 

xoxoxo,
Yukino

LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #111 on: November 07, 2006, 01:30:25 PM »

yukino -- some of my best bad poetry was written when I was missing someone!  How bad was it?
Well, one of them started like this:

"My soul is like an empty well,
Where nary a drop of water fell."

LMAO!!!!    ROFLMAO lmao  Dying here!!!!!   Laughing

Yukino - Beautiful, provocative (emotionally provocative I mean), and, as always, amazing.  You have a true gift.  Once again, thank you for sharing it with us!

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

yukino
Claynewbie

« Reply #112 on: November 10, 2006, 02:33:23 PM »

Thank you LadyC  Smile You're so coolio! I have another poem, it's alot happier and provocative in more ways than one  Wink But not too dirty, don't worry =)

She couldn't help herself
She thought that he didn't want her to
But for that fleeting moment, she didn't care
She couldn't live her entire life
Without knowing what it was like
What did she do?
She kissed him
Deeply, passionately
And to her pleasant surprise
He kissed back
Neither of them could contain themselves
Any longer

Comments: Another Pyo fantasy-yaaaaaaay! Tomorrow, we are going to go out for hot chocolate and muffins; I'm sooooooo excited! Perhaps the fantasy shall come true =)

xoxoxo,
Yuki

yukino
Claynewbie

« Reply #113 on: December 10, 2006, 05:54:06 PM »

Hello fellow Claymates!

No one posts in here anymore, what's with that? Anyway, here's a short story I wrote awhile ago for English class, hope you guys enjoy it =P

Real Pigs Have Curves

It was a lovely spring day on a farm in what the California Milk Advisory

Board calls the “Home of Happy Cows,” and two happy pigs were rooting in

their shavings. A deep unfamiliar voice disrupted their play.

“Who could that be?” Winston wondered aloud, his large, bat-like ears perking up.

“Whoever it is, he’s coming this way,” Harold commented casually, beginning to

nibble on a stick he had just dug up.

Sure enough, farmer Jones and a round-bellied man came into view moments later.

“Pretty good lookin’ pigs you’ve got there,” observed the round-bellied man,

stroking his beard.

“He’s mostly referring to me of course,” Winston said, beaming.

“Oh please, what’s so appealing about you, your fat rolls?” Harold laughed.

“Real pigs have curves!” Winston shot back hotly.

“Curves?”

“You heard me.”

“Whatever you say Winston,” Harold said with a sigh, continuing to nibble on his

stick. As he was nibbling, he happened to look up at the round-bellied man and spotted

something rather alarming: there were blood stains on the apron that he was wearing!

“Winston!” he cried.

“What?” Winston asked, quite unconcerned as he paused from slurping on his

water tube.

“Didn’t you notice what that man has on his apron?”

“No,” Winston said, taking another drink.

“It’s blood!”
   “It can’t be, he seems like a nice enough guy to me, he even commented on how good-looking I am.”
   “Can’t you take anything serious Winston? This man could be a killer!”
   “He could have spilt fruit juice on himself before he got here.”
   “Maybe, but we should still be careful around him if Jones invites him to come back.”
   “Why? Master wouldn’t let anyone on the farm who would hurt us.”
   “Everyone makes mistakes, you know that.”
   “I still don’t believe you,” Winston said as the stranger let out a hearty chortle, “Look how jolly he is.”
   “So? He could be pretending.”
   Before Winston could think of another comeback, farmer Jones shook hands with the stranger and bade him good-bye; the pigs found out that his name was Mr. Smith.
   “Smith eh? Even his name sounds suspicious,” Harold said, glaring at him as he walked away.
   “Oh come off it, I still say he’s clumsy and spilled fruit juice on himself.”
   “Winston, why must you be so naïve?”
   “I am not!” he declared defensively and with that, Winston stalked off to a corner in “his half” of the pen and sulked for the rest of the morning. He didn’t even touch his food at breakfast, which was quite unlike him.
   A couple months later, just days before fair time, Mr. Smith came back to the farm. Harold was napping in a patch of shade, fast asleep and Winston was happily rooting. Suddenly, he heard Smith’s voice coming from the other side of the pen.
   “Oh good, perhaps he has come back to admire what a handsome barrow I am,” Winston thought to himself, grinning. He put one of his ears up to a hole in the back wall, trying to catch fragments of the conversation that Smith and farmer Jones were engaged in.
   “…. your boys will make some good money off those pigs, come auction day,” said Smith.
   “Auction day?” Winston whispered to himself, beginning to feel a bit nervous.
   “You think so?” asked farmer Jones, sounding interested.
   “I know so,” assured Mr. Smith.
   “Why would they want to sell us?” Winston thought furiously, racking his brain for a memory of when anyone had said anything about he and Harold being sold, unfortunately, he couldn’t seem to recall one.
   “That would be great, we could use some extra money,” said Jones.
   “Are you having a hard time?” asked Smith.
   “I guess you could say that,” replied Jones, a little embarrassed.
   “I know! I’ll buy them from the boys, heck, I’ll even butcher them for ya, for free!” boomed Mr. Smith, slapping Jones on the back.
   “Butchered?” thought Winston, feeling as though he’d be sick.
   “There’s no need to do that,” said the farmer.
   “Sure there is, that’s what friends are for right?”
   “Friends!” Winston said aloud, appalled that his own master was even associated with this man.
   “All right Smith, I’ll accept your offer.”
   “Great!”
   The two men shook hands and it was a done deal. Winston could not hold back the tears that were welling up, nor the growing lump in his throat, he had never felt so betrayed in his life; soon, he was sobbing.
   “I have to tell Harold that I’m sorry for not believing him,” Winston thought decisively, “Harold, wake up!” he said loudly enough to wake him up.
   “What is it Winston?” Harold asked irritably, “Couldn’t you see I was napping?”
   “It’s important.”
   “Okay, fine, make it quick.”
   “I just wanted to tell you that you were right.”
   “About...”  Harold said impatiently, then he softened up when he saw that Winston was crying and realized what it was that he had been right about.
   “How did you find out?”
   “Just now, while you were s-sleeping, I heard Mr. Smith and M-master talking, a-a-and-“ Winston stammered, bursting into tears again.
   “And what?” Harold inquired anxiously.
   “And they made a deal: Mr. Smith is going to buy us on auction day and kill us!” Winston said very quickly, before he could start crying again.
    Harold didn’t have the heart to say “I told you so,” so he comforted Winston and said, “Don’t worry, we’ll find a way to get out of this.”
   “But, how? What should we do, run away and join the circus?”
   “Winston, that’s brilliant!”
   “It is? It was just some far-fetched idea that came out of my mouth,” said Winston, suddenly feeling much better.
   “It’s still brilliant, and just crazy enough to work.”
   “Really?”
   “Really. Circus life, here we come!”
   Excited at this notion, the pigs hatched a clever scheme. They agreed that amidst the chaos of show day, they would slip out of the fair grounds and hitch-hike to the next town where the circus was currently being held. While the boys were changing into their 4-H uniforms, Winston and Harold would let themselves out of their pen and sneak out of the swine barn, unnoticed, since everyone would be too busy getting their own animals ready to go into the ring. Next, they would find someone to hitch-hike with, surely there would be a few animals that didn’t make weight and would have to be loaded into a trailer to be hauled home; whoever the pigs got a ride with could drop them off at the circus.
   “How can we fail?” Harold said gleefully, frisking about to express his joy.
   “There is one flaw in the plan Harold.”
   “And what would that be?” Harold asked, ceasing to frisk about.
   “We don’t know any tricks, what will we have to offer when we get to the circus?”
   “That’s right, how could I have forgotten about that?!”
   “And you’re supposed to be the smart one.”
   “Don’t you be cheeky with me, everyone makes mistakes, just like I said before.”
   “Lighten up, I’m sure we can come up with something.”
   “We’re pigs Winston, what could we possibly be able to do that would make the ring master want to add us to his show?”
   “ Up for some juggling?”
   “We don’t have enough time to learn how to juggle, are you insane?”
   “We can do it, we’ll start right this moment.”
   “Whatever you say Winston.”
   By show day, Winston’s prediction had come true: both pigs could juggle rollie pollies that they found in the dirt pretty well, for novices at least but, it would have to do.
   Harold and Winston became more and more jittery as show-time approached, this was it, their one chance for survival. All the FFA  and 4-H kids and their parents were stressing out, girls’ hair had to be done, boys’ ties needed straightening and pigs needed to be washed and oiled. Country music was blaring over the barn’s speakers, which made Harold want to get out of there even more.
   “See you in a few minutes Winston, I have to go change,” said Jacob, Winston’s caretaker.
   “Me too Harold, bye,” said Jeremy, Jacob’s younger brother.
   As soon as the boys were out of sight, Harold stuck his snout through the bars of the gate and began nudging  the latch. (The pigs had decided that this was to be his job, since Winston wasn’t quite as good at opening gates.) Once the latch was loose, he put his mouth around it and pulled to the left; the gate was open, they were free!
   “Now, Winston, let’s go!” shouted Harold excitedly.
   Forgetting that they had planned to sneak out of the swine barn, the pigs hurtled toward the gate that led to the outside world, which luckily had been left open.
   “SOMEONE CLOSE THAT GATE!” a woman shrieked, but it was too late, the pigs were already half-way through it before anyone could do something.
   “What now?” Winston panted.
   “Quick, let’s go up to that open trailer and see if they’ll give us a ride.”
   The pigs lucked out again! The occupants of the trailer were two replacement heifers named Reeses and Lucy who hadn’t made weight, they were heading to the same town and on top of that, they were glad to give them a ride.
   “You poor things, how could we refuse?” Lucy said sympathetically after Winston and Harold told the heifers their story, “You boys just sit tight, we’ll handle the rest, right Reeses?”
   “Right,” Reeses smiled.
   A man shut the back of the trailer, got in and started his pick-up; the journey began.
   About twenty minutes later, Lucy looked out one of the small trailer windows.
   “We’re almost there, I can see the tents!” she exclaimed, “Ready Reeses?”
   “You bet.”
   Both heifers began mooing and stomping around, making as much racket as they could.
   “What in the world are those cows up to? I better stop and make sure they’re okay,” said the driver of the pick-up anxiously. The animals began to feel themselves slowing down.
   “It worked!” said Lucy triumphantly. Once the truck came to a complete stop, the heifers broke down the door of the trailer.
   “Run boys, run!” yelled Reeses.
   Winston and Harold immediately obeyed.
   “Thank you so much!” they called over their shoulders.
   “You’re welcome!” Lucy and Reeses called back.
   Soon, brightly colored tents came into view, as well as strange animals that the pigs had never seen before. The strange animals began to give them funny looks, which made Winston feel uncomfortable.
   “Why are they staring at us?” he whispered.
   “Because some animals are rude,” Harold explained simply, “What are you looking at long-nose?!” he snapped at a heavily decorated elephant.
   “Long nose? I am an elephant, half-wit!” the elephant retorted haughtily.
   The circus animals didn’t accept the pigs initially, but were impressed with Winston’s and Harold’s juggling abilities. They (even the elephant) agreed to present them to their ring master, who was delighted to add the pigs to his show. Harold and Winston, as one can imagine were thrilled.
   “How exciting!” they marveled.
   That night, the lions, tigers and bears and so on threw the pigs a welcome-aboard party; everyone danced the night away and I’m sure you’ve already guessed by now, lived happily ever after. 

xoxoxo,
Yukino

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #114 on: December 10, 2006, 08:40:40 PM »

Yukino,

I really enjoyed your short story about Winston and Harold.  I could see this as an illustrated children's story.  It reminds me just a little bit of Charlotte's Web. Keep up the good work.

Hugs,
Prissy

yukino
Claynewbie

« Reply #115 on: December 15, 2006, 08:35:24 PM »

Thank you Prissy! Hey, is anyone here named Dot Mahaffey? I got a Christmas card from this person and they live in Arizona... I'm quite baffled...

xoxoxo,
Yuki

yukino
Claynewbie

« Reply #116 on: December 25, 2006, 09:15:26 AM »

Merry Christmas Everybody! I love you guys!  Smile I'm glad you like my poetry-yaaaaaaay!  Purple Banana (I love this dancing banana too, its SO cute!)

xoxoxo,
Yukino

yukino
Claynewbie

« Reply #117 on: January 03, 2007, 07:12:43 PM »

I have a new poem for you guys! Here it is...

Every time I talk to you
We have this conversation
You ask me why I’m so good to you
Why I think so highly of you
And I never have an answer
Now I’m going to give you one
Or at least try
I’ve never met anyone like you before
Nor has anyone made me feel the way you do
I don’t know if I’m in love with you
Perhaps I’m too young to love
But what I do know is this
Seeing you smile is like waking up from a pleasant dream
Making you feel better after a rough week at work
Is like having the best slice of cheesecake possible
(And that says a lot)
What I’m trying to tell you is
That I enjoy making you happy
Because doing so makes my life
Nothing short of wonderful

Hope you like it  Wink

xoxoxo,
Yukino

yukino
Claynewbie

« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2007, 06:37:35 PM »

Duuuude, no one comes in here anymore =( I miss you guys!

xoxoxo,
Yukino

yukino
Claynewbie

« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2007, 03:25:11 PM »

This poem is rated PG-13 (just thought I'd tell y'all) It's quite tasteful though =)

I know you can show me
What its like
And I want you to
I want to completely succumb to you
I am yours to hold, to kiss, to touch
To make love to
I want to know what your skin feels like
Against mine
And what your lips taste like
Show me

xoxoxo,
Yukino =P