gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:09:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 414
Total: 414

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What are your favourite books???  (Read 7904 times)
claynadian
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2005, 07:07:19 AM »

I just finished reading two amazing books by Julie ann Peters

Keeping you A secret

Define Normal

they are books for teens but they are just amazing novels, I recomended them to anyone with an open mind.
luv4clay
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2005, 03:04:52 PM »

Hey,

I'm an avid reader myself. One of my fav places to hang out is Barnes and Noble.  Anyway, I love reading Inspirational books so of course Clays book is included in that category.  I noticed that some of you listed Nicholas Sparks as a favorite and I have to agree. I just finished The Notebook and loved it!

Rayline
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2005, 04:57:55 PM »

When I was younger (like 10) I would read horror books about vampires, werewolves etc (and write 1 page long sequels.  lmao). I still love fantasy. I'm a big Harry Potter fan. And LOTR is good too although I haven't actually read it yet. It's huge! *sigh*

I like reading poetry too. Does that count? I love Byron and Shakespeare.

LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2005, 01:13:58 PM »

When I was younger (like 10) I would read horror books about vampires, werewolves etc (and write 1 page long sequels.  lmao). I still love fantasy. I'm a big Harry Potter fan. And LOTR is good too although I haven't actually read it yet. It's huge! *sigh*

I like reading poetry too. Does that count? I love Byron and Shakespeare.

Of course it counts!  All reading counts.   

I'm with ya on the fantasy.  I love the Harry Potter books, I've read all six.  I also loved The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice (well, most of them - some of them were a little weird, even for me!   Laughing).

I also like some based-on-TV books like Star Trek and Buffy the Vampire Slayer novels.  Yeah - I'm a geek and I freely admit it.  LOL  They're nice because they continue stories about characters you've grown to love even after the shows end.

I like Nicholas Sparks, too.  I was profoundly moved by The Five People You Meet in Heaven.

I like a little romance/thriller/suspense type stuff, too, like Nora Roberts, James Patterson, Suzanne Brockman and Sandra  Brown.

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

claydevotee
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2005, 08:24:14 PM »

Hi!  I just discovered this thread!!!  

I've never been much into historical novels until now............I highly recommend The Diary of Marie Antionette. It brought the story of the French Revolution to life for me.  And I have developed a newfound admiration for the strength in adversity of the  infamous"Let Them Eat Cake" lady!  It's definitely a must read!!!
Beth
Enthusiastic

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2005, 04:53:11 AM »

Having 2 small children, the last book that I read was Learning To Sing: Hearing The Music In Your Life.  I didn't even get to read that until I was on vacation.  I couldn't even tell you what the book was before that. 

I can tell you that right now, my 4 year old's favorite book is How The Grinch Stole ChristmasLaughing

Oh, can't you see it baby; You've got me goin' Crazy
Wherever you go; Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you

*Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2005, 07:57:21 PM »

What a diverse tribe we are.   Smile

I read the Dune books and the LOTR series when I was in high school.  I loved to read sci-fi back then, lots of Andre Norton, Ursula LeGuin, Kurt Vonnegut, etc - now I just watch the craptastic movies the sci fi channel shows.  Did someone say 'geek?'  Laughing

In college, I read Carlos Castenada, Paulo Coelho, Machiavelli and other erudite writers.  I wasn't a snob; I always hid those books.  Paranoid

Lately, I enjoy the nuances of the cheesy mystery.  Robert B Parker's "Spencer" mysteries are sublime in their starkness. 

Just today, I bought five books at the used book store.  Three by Dr Seuss and two "Olivia" books.  Olivia is a pig.

Regression - it's a good thing!  Smile
Dragon
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2006, 11:48:36 PM »

I love reading.  Right now, i'm really hooked on fantasy books.  i like Eragon and Eldest by Christopher Paolini. The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan are great.  LotR is pretty good.  the Symphony of Ages by Elizabeth Haydon.  and right now, I'm reading the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind, and they are good.  I love the redwall series, all....17 or 18 or something like that.
I also like books by Jerry Spinelli, like Crash, Stargirl, Loser, and Milkweed was very good.
I like Andrew Clements books:  Frindle, the Janitors Boy, the School Story, a Week in the Woods, the Landry News.
And i Love the Polar Express.  i love the book and the movie, cause if you look at a picture in the book, then at the movie, it's like a mirror image. 
geraldine
UltimateFan

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2006, 07:17:20 AM »

CLAY'S "LEARNING TO SING"
GONE WITH THE WIND AND MOST ROMANCE NOVELS.

Clay's my Wings of Love!
Proud to be a Claymaniac!
geraldine
InAweOfClay
UltimateFan

Forever a Fan

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2006, 03:15:12 PM »

So many of you recommended Nicholas Sparks that I want to read one of his novels. Anyone want to suggest a first one to read???

wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2006, 03:25:51 PM »

So many of you recommended Nicholas Sparks that I want to read one of his novels. Anyone want to suggest a first one to read???

You could start with "The Notebook" and follow it up with "The Wedding."

"The Rescue" and "A Bend In The Road" are VERY good as well!

The only one I didn't care for was "Nights in Rodanthe"

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
InAweOfClay
UltimateFan

Forever a Fan

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2006, 10:09:36 PM »

Thanks wvclayfan, "The Notebook" is where I'll start.  Smile
Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2007, 12:42:22 PM »

ANYONE EVER READ;
JEAN CHRISTOPHE
BY R. ROLAND ?????

THREE BOOKS IN ONE, VERY LONG AND WONDERFUL.

TRIED TO GET IT FOR MY SON BUT CANNOT FIND IT ANYWHERE.

MINE IS OLD AND TATTERED AND READ MANY TIMES.

I AM ALSO A JAMES PATTERSON FAN. MYSTERYS AND CLASSICS.

JAN

Because of you, I am confident enough to say that there is a better day on the way, even when I cannot see it.
clayniac4ver
Claymaniac

clayed on 5/27/08 on g105 yesterday

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2007, 11:01:17 AM »

clay's book and the lord of the ring series

alyse

"faith has concered my fear since i got the album"

got clayed on the 13th of january on g105
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to: