gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:33:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 336
Total: 336

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What are your favourite books???  (Read 7901 times)
Summer_Sunshine
« on: June 08, 2005, 02:38:39 PM »

What do you most love to read?? I love Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles, Tamora Pierce's series and anything by H. G. Wells. Anyone else???
Clayhottiefan007
Enthusiastic

Brett and Clay's Lil Freshman College TCC Girl!!!

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 04:14:32 PM »

My favorite book 2 read is Learning to Sing:Hearing the Music In Your Life By: Clay Aiken and i also like to read The Outsiders
lata
Katrina

Kat. Huggles
DHS Class of '09
In loving memory of Debi <3
Got Clayed on 7/7/07 in Tulsa
TCC Class of '12
Be Smart and be ABOVE THE INFLUENCE and NOT UNDER
Clay's Ladylove
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 06:31:50 PM »

Hello Everyone Katrina Girl And Friends! wave How Is Everybody Doing Today? I am Fantastic! My Favorite Book Is Learning To Sing, Hearing The Music In Your Life By Clay Aiken! And My Other Favorite Books Are: The Harry Potter Books, Dr. Seuss Books, Beverly Cleary, And Of Course The American Idol Magazines. Thats What My Favorite Books Are. Have A Great Day Everyone And Make It A Clay Day! Go Clay! Bye! wave

Hugs, Peace, Love, And Many Blessings,

Julie

Clay's Redheaded Princess And Angel! Angel

Clay Aiken: Idol Found, Game Over! The Love Of My Life And My Angel Angel In The Night And Day!
Ms. Hip Shake
SuperFan

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 06:54:54 PM »

I loved "Embraced by the Light" by Betty Eadie, and of course..."Learning to Sing: Hearing the Music In Your Life"  by our one and only.   :kissy

I find inspirational reading very facinating and comforting....and we can always use a little comfort and inspiration in our difficult world.

Peace out, fandom.  Thanks for the memories.  Goodbye.
claydevotee
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 07:58:23 PM »

Over the past year or so I have become a fan of the Canadian author Alice Munro.  She has several books of short stories that are on the best seller lists.  Like Ms Hipshake, I also love reading inspirational books.  I recently finished "Tuesdays With Morrie" and "The Five People You Meet in Heaven".  Both of those were tearjerkers!!!  I highly recommend them!
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2005, 04:47:51 AM »

ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITES IS "MEMOIRES OF A GEISHA."  LOVED IT.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2005, 04:54:06 AM »

Of course "Learning to Sing : Hearing the Music in You Life" by Clay is one of my favorites. I also love to read the Little House books (even though I'm 24 years old!), John Grisham books, Max Lucado books and my bible.

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
hotwaxonclay
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2005, 06:37:39 PM »

Learning to Sing : Hearing the Music in You Life...thats a good book...I have NO clue who its by...but the guy on the cover...boy is he cute

I really like Nicolas Sparks, Lurlene McDaniel....harry potter, Lord ofth Rings....I am just reading the Bridget Jones' books...very funny so far:)
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2005, 06:39:18 PM »

Ooooooooooooh! How could I forget my favorite author? I thought I put him in there, but I didn't! Thanks, Dani. I love Nicholas Sparks! He is my all time favorite author.

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
Galadriel
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2005, 07:38:55 PM »

The Tolkein trilogy. Duh! LOL and the Harry Potter series. I also liked Memoires Of A Geisha. I read the DaVinci code and thought it was a great read but very enteretaining religious and historical nonsense. It is just a novel. I loved Little Women by Louisa Mae Alcott; Beloved by Toni Morrison and The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck and NO I am not in Oprah's book club. LOL
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2005, 06:13:38 AM »

My favorite kind of books to read are biographical in nature. Some of my favorites:

1. Daws Butler: Character's Actor {biography; written by Ben Ohmart}

2. Welcome Foolish Mortals: The Life and Voices of Paul Frees {biography; written by Ben Ohmart}

3. Stan Freberg: It Only Hurts When i Laugh {autobiography}

4. The Complete Films of Vincent Price {written by Lucy Chase Williams}

5. That's NOT All, Folks! {autobiography by Mel Blanc}

6. Sweet Life {autobiography by Barry Manilow}

7. Fred Allen: His Life and Wit {biography; written by Robert Taylor}

8. The Conway Twitty Story {biography; written by Michael Kosser and Wilbur Cross}

9. I Lived to Tell It All {autobiography by George Jones}

10. Jack Benny: An Intimate Biography {written by Irving Fein}
============================

I am currently reading what i call a fascinating book. It's the life of ventriloquist/cartoon voice actor Paul Winchell written by Paul himself. The book is an autobiography of Paul's life up until he started to do the voice of Tigger in the "Winnie the Pooh" cartoons in the late '60s. The book is entitled "Winch", which is Paul's nick-name. It covers his entire ventriloquism career from the beginnings to the late '60s but there ARE pics of Winchell in this book taken AFTER the late '60s. Not only was Paul Winchell a top ventriloquist and voice actor, he was also a doctor whose major invention was the artificial heart...

Oh, and of course, Clay's book is a given and so i didn't name that one Laughing

ACcountryFan
~Jerry~

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
claytonsmyccf
UltimateFan

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2005, 11:12:28 AM »

1) clay's book
2) athem by ayn rand (makes me feel smart everytime I read it and you understand it more)

Know there's many more but those are thew ones that pop out first whenever I'm asked that question

~kimmy~ I saw clay 8-27
julie and JJ your our unique angels
FINALLY LEGAL!!!!
"... And they are funny mozzarella balls!"
claynadian
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2005, 03:31:24 PM »

My favorite books are
The Dead Zone by Steven king  :director and The Chronicles of Narnia. :dragon2
tlb
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2005, 04:27:44 PM »

My favorite books are by an author named Beverly Lewis. Most of her writings are fictional tales with the Amish community as the backdrop. And of course the book I have read and reread over and over andover again is of course "Learning to Sing".  
IChris1
SuperFan

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2005, 06:25:58 PM »

Hi everyone, it looks like everyone has different tastes in b ooks with one exception, of course.  We all love" Learning to Sing".

My favorites are Steven King novels, Mary Higgins Clark books and the Left Behind Series (I just finished book 12).   I am now reading "Angels & Demons" by Dan Brown and it's quite interesting.  

Now my heart is dancing through each day, my soul is running free, look what love has done to me.
Proud member of the East Coast Posse
Clay's English Princess
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2005, 07:50:35 PM »

My favorite book is Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.

When I'm on a roll I've often read 7 books in 7 days. This week I've read only two: Nora Robert's Survivor In Death and John Sanford's Broken Prey.

I loved Tolkein's the Lord Of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit.

I started to read Harry Potter when my son was in middle school because he talked about those books so much! I found that I enjoyed them also.

Stephen King's books give me nightmares. I rarely remember my dreams and haven't had nightmares since I was a child until I started reading his books. I am never going to read a Stephen King book again! He scares the    out of me!
cjrmax
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2005, 08:14:55 PM »

Galadriel wrote:
and NO I am not in Oprah's book club. LOL

Me neither - but  one of my all time favorite authors is William Faulkner and 2 of my all time favorite books are As I Lay Dying and Light in August!  I also love Tolkein's Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit.  I read all of them ages ago when I was in 7th grade and loved them then.  I reread them when the movies started coming out and loved them still.
stilldreaming
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dreamlover

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2005, 09:09:20 PM »

CLAY'S BOOK (GOES WITHOUT SAYING!)

BUT STEVEN KING'S  BOOK... "THE STAND" IS AN AMAZING READ.  ONE OF MY VERY FAVORITE FICTIONAL WORKS.  

YOU'LL HAVE A HARD TIME PUTTING THIS ONE DOWN, IF YOU ENJOY A  WILD SCAREY RIDE & SOME GREAT WRITING!

"Nothing happens unless first a dream...." ~ C. Sandburg
East Coast Posse party coordinator  cheers2
songbird457
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2005, 08:19:48 PM »

Hey now that some of you are back to school (and Im' way behind in this category and keep finding old threads to post on  ROFLMAO), I'll give this one a bump.

Thanks to houstonclayfan, I love Meg Cabot's The Princess Diaries series. i just finished book 6 a week ago or so. I also love Nicholas Sparks (I've only read The Notebook and The Wedding - sequel to the Notebook). I love Lavryle Spencer (I've read all her books). Now I'm reading the Harry Potter books (I'm on book 3 - yeah I'm behind, but it's ok - I read them as the movies come out  Wink). And of course I really liked "Learning to Sing". Also, "The curious incident of a dog in the night" - can't remember the exact title or the author but it was recommended on the BAF site and it was really good.

I know there are more - I'm getting in to reading more and I love it!!
InAweOfClay
UltimateFan

Forever a Fan

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2005, 10:34:33 PM »

My favorite books are mysteries written by female writers. I've read all the Patricia Cornwall books and many others. But my very favorite author is Nevada Barr, who is also a park ranger. She writes books featuring Anna Pigeon, a National Park Ranger, and you feel everything Anna is feeling in her books.

Recent reads were The Red Tent, which was an interesting change of pace, and the DaVinci Code.

And, of course, "Learning to Sing : Hearing the Music in You Life" by Clay. And often for a change, the same book read by a guy with a cute southern voice which I can listen to on the road.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx