gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:48:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 358
Total: 358

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HOW DOES YOUR GARDEN GROW?  (Read 315664 times)
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #1980 on: June 12, 2009, 06:32:35 AM »

Frankie,

That's a lot of tomato plants!!!  We have a few, but not nearly what you have.  That's great how you share your tomatoes with others.
I can see the smiley face  Smile on the logs, too.  Very unusual.

Several weeks ago, we visited Heritage Gardens in Grapevine, near us;  one of our favorite places.  We noticed a bush that looked like a cross.  We thought it was unusual;  not sure if it was humanly shaped that way or not.  It is near an outdoor chapel they have built.

I noticed this is our 100th page in the Garden Thread.  I wonder if we need to have this thread archived and begin a new Gardens Thread 2  Don't Know  Maybe I should check with a Moderator.  I still like to go back and look at pictures and posts in this thread.

Hug

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1981 on: June 12, 2009, 08:25:46 AM »

wave

Prissy - I love the cross - I wonder if it grew that way naturally? I also noticed that this thread has reached 100 pages - I hope it will be archived, too!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #1982 on: June 12, 2009, 04:51:35 PM »

Here are some random photos from our yard. 

(Clickable so you can see a LARGE view!)

Gazebo shots!

Area by driveway

Fence between driveway and backyard

SKIP'S "TOMATO" TREE!
We lost limbs from this tree a while back due to high winds.  And we have decided to put the greenhouse in this area by the house (garage).  Instead of cutting the tree all the way down, we decided to make use of it.  Skip made a hole in the bottom of the coco baskets and  has planted tomato plants upside down in coco baskets and flowers in the top of the baskets.  Not all were planted when I took these pictures!!

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #1983 on: June 13, 2009, 05:48:47 AM »

PRISSY, I also wonder if the cross grew naturally or was trimmed that way.  I think Skip and Lewis are my idols for being such inventive gardeners.  The upside down tomatoes with the flowers on top is really neat.  I don't know how you keep all those pots watered as they dry out so quickly with your heat, you need a full time gardner I think.  I love, love your gazebo.  It is such a nice large one. How nice to be able to eat at your table there after a dip in the pool.  I tell you this as my heat is running!!!  Laughing

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1984 on: June 13, 2009, 08:15:44 AM »

wave

Prissy - I always love your photos - I agree with Pepe that the gazebo must be a wonderful place to sit and enjoy your yard.  Clapping Clapping Clapping Great use of a downed tree - Lewis plans to salvage parts of our downed cedar tree to use somewhere - cedar will last a long time without rotting.

Pepe - I can't believe that you are still having your heat come on! As I said on the OCD last night, out heat index here was 109 yesterday - actual temperature 97, but our humidity is so high that it drives the heat index up.

I am waiting for Lewis to get some branches of the downed trees cut up so that I can help him clean them out of the yard. While he is doing that, I took a couple of photos - click to enlarge:

Our magnolia tree is beginning to bloom  Clapping I wish I knew how old it is. As you see, if you look closely, it begins to bloom from the bottom up, and is really beautiful when the blooms reach all of the way to the top: (That is our Yorkie Tuffy standing beneath the tree)

Lewis and the granddaughters wanted to grow some gourds and small "Jack Be Little" pumpkins, but could not grow them on the fence because the horses next door like to eat them. So he decided to let them run all over the small greenhouse - including the roof:

I think I have mentioned before that the small greenhouse is built out of old racks from a telephone company central office. They were going to be thrown away when new equipment was installed, and Lewis believes in recycling in the garden. This greenhouse has lasted for over 15 years now - we just cover it will heavy plastic every winter, and the plants do fine in it.

Deanna - do you still read this Thread? I have wondered many times if you and the grandchildren planted their garden - if so, I would love to see it! 

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #1985 on: June 13, 2009, 01:21:24 PM »

FRANKIE, that Magnolia tree is huge!!!  I can only imagine how beautiful it is when the whole thing is in bloom.  Fabulous flower it has.  Who but Lewis would think of making a greenhouse out of telephone equipment!!!!1   Laughing

Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #1986 on: June 13, 2009, 01:38:16 PM »

Prissy, I really enjoyed your yard tour. You have done so much.

Frankie, that Magnolia is great. Do you cut any flowers? Our town has a Magnolia that is well over 100 years old and it is located in the front property of Friendly's!

I keep loosing posts and son Brian said that I have a nasty habit of........resting my thumb on the touch bar of this laptop. Well, who knew.

So I'll post and come back.

Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #1987 on: June 13, 2009, 01:54:53 PM »

Frankie, the picture that you posted on the previous page is indeed dasies (Shasta Dasies). Prissy posted one picture of our mums on page 65... half way down. I made those wreaths on the door and they are some of my favorite ones that I have made. On the previous page Prissy posted for me a few pictures and one has a few picture of Gerber Dasies.

This year we only have 2 mums that survived.
lucrezianoine
Claymaniac

Member of the Caffeineholic Anonymous

« Reply #1988 on: June 13, 2009, 08:16:42 PM »

wave I thought I'd share some pictures of the flowers and hydrangeas I've planted and placed in front of my house these last two days.

The ones with the blue flowers is called a 'Felicia' plant and supposed to attract butterflies.

My dad gave me this Alovera plant from his gardens about 2 years ago and this is the first time it is going to bloom any flowers. Can't wait to see. bigsmile

Jules

Sing badly if you must, but sing
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #1989 on: June 14, 2009, 12:23:09 PM »

Beautiful pictures, Jules. I hope that you come back often. I really ought to buy an Aloe plant. I burn my fingers often enough on the oven. I'm burn free right now!

Well, Woody 5 is nowhere to be found. Norm saw that woodchuck being chased by a raccoon a few weeks ago and we haven't seen him since. Norm also covered the main hole which is under the shed with wood.

Son Brian planted an herb garden this year. Son Tim took an extra basil plant home to Philly this weekend. You know back in my day guys had a bachelor party one night but these days they are having bachelor weekends! The guys from Philadelphia went to NY to see a Mets - Yankees game on Friday, Golf yesterday and then going to a club. Board games this afternoon folowed by a BBQ. We won't see him tonight.

Tim bought his house last Oct. and then was transferred to NJ to head up the sales team therein Jan. He was supposed to look for an appartment. He is still staying with us 2 nights a week which is no big deal except the last week of the month when he is home most of the week to close out the month.

Delphiniums are blooming like crazy, blue, purple and pale purple. Coral and white mini roses are blooming. regular roses are in bloom. Oh, June is a great month for flowers. But the rain is killing me 2 weeks straight but it's sunny now and I'm heading out.
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1990 on: June 15, 2009, 04:09:03 AM »

wave

Mary - I do cut magnolia blooms and bring them indoors - in fact, I cut any flower that I can to enjoy in the house. I thought my plant from Laney looked like Shasta Daisies, too, but that is not what the tag on the plant sid - maybe the tag was switched in the flower shop. I donot think I have ever gotten to see a woodchick in person - and I did not know that they do not get along with racoons!  Laughing Your flowers sound very pretty - send that rain on down here. We are going to have temps near 100 for the next week, with no rain in sight.

Jules - you plants are beautiful.   Clapping Clapping Clapping I love combinations of blues, pinks, and purples. The Felicia plant is beautiful - and the fact that butterflies enjoy that plant is an added bonus!

Sasha
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1991 on: June 15, 2009, 03:16:20 PM »

Everyone gardens look great thanks for sharing.

Frankie:  how about some tomatoes, it will be the end of August before we get any if this weather keeps up.  Usually i get some from my patio plant but we havent had enough warm weather or sun.  Rainy again today and cool   Im dying for a fresh garden tomato,  guess i will have to wait till the end of the month when I go to Cal. to see my niece.

Great gardens everyone. Purple Banana

Sasha

Liz, JJ and Julie our CLaymaniancs Angels
Supporting Clay 100%
Offical member of the RBT- I miss my rbt buddy
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #1992 on: June 16, 2009, 09:28:31 AM »

Pepe has emailed me some pictures from her yard.

Hostas with some purple blooms and lilies

Beautiful flowers blooming

Jules,
What beautiful colorful flowers you have blooming.  Thanks for sharing the photos with us.

Frankie,
Love the magnolia tree;  wish we had one.   The greenhouse is interesting;  have not seen that one before.

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #1993 on: June 16, 2009, 12:43:29 PM »

Here are some more beautiful pictures from Pepe.  I would love to sit on that porch with you, Pepe, and just enjoy the cool breezes and the gorgeous view.

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1994 on: June 16, 2009, 02:52:22 PM »

wave

Sasha - the tomaotoes are just now getting ripe - we have picked one or two a day, but this morning there were 6  Clapping I wonder if they would get there in good shape is I mailed a box to you!

Pepe - your flowers are beautiful - thanks to Prissy for posting them! I am happy to see that the deer have not gotten to some things! You have such a beautiful view of the lake - and I'm sure you get cool breezes in the summer - send some this way, please!

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #1995 on: June 16, 2009, 04:45:28 PM »

PRISSY, thank you so much for posting all my pictures.  The flowers in the front that are low to the ground are dianthsus, they come back every year.  They were pink but do you know this year they are a beautiful fuchsia!!!!  They are fabulous.  The hanging basket with the pink flowers is a double impatience plant).  I hope it is pink in the picture, to me it is faded almost white.  I can not see the colors as my monitor is just about shot and the color is mostly gone so am unable to see the pretty colors and some of the pictures look blurry but everything looks blurry to me anyway when I look out of both eyes.  Boy I am in fine shape. 

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #1996 on: June 16, 2009, 07:32:39 PM »

Pepe,

The colors of your flowers are very vibrant;  really beautiful.  I can see them perfectly. I hope your monitor can be fixed so you can see the pictures here soon.

Hug

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #1997 on: June 17, 2009, 01:42:25 PM »

I have posted to Michelle and she said she will archive our Garden Thread for us.  I just wanted to be sure all  of our posts and pictures were saved.

We have reached page 100 and may be the first thread in FUN STUFF to have this many pages.

I would like to dedicate this first Garden Thread to the memory of Debi (ydebi) who shared many beautiful pictures and closeups with us.

I will see you in the new thread, HOW DOES YOUR GARDEN GROW?  Chapter 2

Hug

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #1998 on: June 17, 2009, 01:47:47 PM »

We are only 3 posts away from 2000!

Prissy