gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:22:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 220
Total: 220

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AI4 week of 4/25 Spoilers and Discussion  (Read 55512 times)
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #640 on: April 28, 2005, 08:29:16 AM »

Quote from: Jan
Just checked it again, and in 5 minutes it has jumped from 12975 to 13203

If you have doubts, go vote.

Jan

It is also about Scott and the viewing audience.

I dunno.  I have concerns about it.  I want him back, too, but the petition is poorly worded, a grammar nightmare, and when I read the notes with the signatures I found many of them to be, well ... crude and some almost vulgar.

I mean, I'm angry, too.  I've called the AI people a few names and thrown a thing or two at my TV.  I AM a redhead after all.  But this is FOX.  A major network.  I think if people want to be taken seriously, they need to be a little more diplomatic about it.

I feel like doing this, too.    :mad  :rant

But nobody listens when you do that.  Launch whatever produce at me that you must, but I don't think that petition will help Constantine.  He was so graceful and dignified about it last night ... a class act all the way.  While I am the first to admit that I don't know him and can't presume to know anything about him, I'm just not sure he'd like this...

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

« Reply #641 on: April 28, 2005, 08:30:36 AM »

And, Jan - my dear friend - those comments were not aimed at you personally.   Hug

Aunt Em,
~Dorothy

Kramer
« Reply #642 on: April 28, 2005, 08:37:06 AM »

I think some people may be confused and think that last night's votes were between Constantine and Scott....remember, Scott wasn't even in the bottom three.  Sure, it may be hard to believe, but even Simon said that if Scott has that many fans then he deserves to move on.
I don't like the petition aiming at Scott and his past.  Others that have been removed from the show LIED about their criminal past.  That is why they were removed.
I am pulling for BO!!!!!
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #643 on: April 28, 2005, 08:44:33 AM »

Quote from: Kramer
I think some people may be confused and think that last night's votes were between Constantine and Scott....remember, Scott wasn't even in the bottom three.  Sure, it may be hard to believe, but even Simon said that if Scott has that many fans then he deserves to move on.
I don't like the petition aiming at Scott and his past.  Others that have been removed from the show LIED about their criminal past.  That is why they were removed.
I am pulling for BO!!!!!

WELL SAID!

I saw Constantine on Good Day Live this morning, and very much enjoyed his interview.  He'll be fine!  Remember the guy that came in second on Season 2?  He's doing okay. Wink
cjrmax
« Reply #644 on: April 28, 2005, 09:55:42 AM »

I saw Constantine on Good Day Live this morning, and very much enjoyed his interview. He'll be fine! Remember the guy that came in second on Season 2? He's doing okay.  Wink

I hope you are right, Lorrie, but who is the last person from AI who has been voted off at this stage who has a career we know of?  

I posted this over at the Soap Box but I will post it here too. I am disappointed about Constantine. He was the last one left who was at least fun to watch. I am bored with everyone else. But what boggles my mind is that he was never even in the bottom 3 and then in one week he's suddenly out of there? He reportedly had a really strong fan base and while his last performance was not great, he had given many really good ones. How could so many just jump off his bandwagon - and apparently on to Scott's! I mean, I don't think they literally went from Constantine to Scott but Scott was BAD on Tuesday - probably one of his worst performances of the entire competition - and he wasn't even in the bottom 3???? For the first time in 4 seasons I am doubting the integrity of the voting system. How does someone who always had such a strong fan base - strong enough to have never had him in the bottom 3 before, even when he wasn't that great - suddenly get voted off, not just on be in the bottom 3 (which frankly I was expecting), but voted off while someone like Scott - who no one seems to like if you read the boards and who has continually been in the bottom 3 is not even in the bottom 3 after one of his worst performances??? Its just awfully weird. I mean, even Anthony who has been the bottom 3 a lot and did A LOT better than Scott did on Tuesday was in the bottom 2 while Scott sailed through??? And Vonzell did better than Scott Tuesday and she was in the bottom 3!!  I guess that Vote For the Worst website was working over time on Tuesday!

Perplexing. I am not willing to shout conspiracy theories from the rafters, but it is odd. If it had been a bottom two of Scott and Constantine and Constantine had been voted off I would still have been perplexed as to where his fan base went so suddenly, but it would have made more sense than his being voted off with Scott safely sitting with the top 3!

I am not all that upset about Constantine being voted off, just disappointed. But I have to say, for weeks my interest in AI has been waning and now I don't think I have the stomach to watch it. The others all bore me. I started out liking Bo because he was fresh and different, but after weeks of performances that all sound and look the same I am bored with him too. I do like Vonzell and would love to see her come out of nowhere and win this thing, and that tempts me to keep watching, but that won't happen. The only 2 I ever enjoyed watching consistently were Nikko and Constantine - not because they had the best voices, because they didn't - but because they were entertaining. The remaining 5, with the sometimes exception of Vonzell, just bore me to tears so my motivation for watching has all but disappeared - unless Clay is singing, of course!  Now that would be motivation!!!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #645 on: April 28, 2005, 10:04:53 AM »

Someone sent me some alleged "voting totals" from last night.  I'm not posting them until I can find out where they came from originally. Not saying they are "real" but we'll see.

Really, in the morning light I'm not that surprised at Constantine's ouster last night.  Not that I think he got the least number of votes though.

Besides, there's going to be lots of media in the upcoming week about the Primetime program next Wednesday night.  The media around Constantine may even distract some people from that for a while.  Just like the "he saw the card" distracted some people from the results in season two.

Just sayin.  Wink
houstonclayfan
« Reply #646 on: April 28, 2005, 10:06:21 AM »

I hope you are right, Lorrie, but who is the last person from AI who has been voted off at this stage who has a career we know of?

But Constantine's band already has a recording contract. Josh Gracin was #4 and is doing quite well. George Huff has a CD out - what number was he ???  Tamyra Gray from Season 1 has been on TV shows and has a CD.....I know she wasn't in the top 3. Granted, they haven't been as successful as Clay but Constantine is entertaining enough to be. Remember that he has acting on his resume also so he may get offers along that route. Time will tell.
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

« Reply #647 on: April 28, 2005, 10:55:04 AM »

Good points, Colleen.  Carmen Rasumsen was in 6th place on AI2, as Constantine is now, (No, I'm not comparing him to Carmen.) and she's kicking off her career and doing well now, too.

Yes, I know most of you don't like her, and that's fine.  I'm not trying to convert you or change your mind, so nobody needs to PM with a list of her least likable qualities.  LOL  (I saved them all from the last time.   )

I only bring her up because she didn't have even a fraction of the talent and spark Constantine has when she was on AI.  Not even close.  She's matured, her voice has matured and is not ... goat-like anymore, and she's energetic and fun to watch live NOW.  But she WASN'T THEN.  AT ALL.

If she can make it, two years later and in a country genre, Constantine is going to be just fine.  He and Bo are the first rockers to come out of AI, so we have yet to see how they'll be received, but I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him.

Aunt Em,
~Dorothy

cjrmax
« Reply #648 on: April 28, 2005, 11:22:07 AM »

lorraine wrote:
I AM SORRY BUT THAT LOOK LAST NIGHT AFTER RYAN WAS COMPARING HIM TO CLAY I THINK HURT HIM.

I just saw this and cannot imagine that anyone took the "look" Constantine gave Ryan was anything other than befuddlement.  Ryan made a LAME attempt at a joke, which in essense was dissing Clay's dancing prowess and Constantine rightly looked as if he had no idea what Ryan was talking about!  I bet if we had seen Clay's face he would have had a similar look on his face! I probably did too!  I remember thinking what the hell is Ryan talking about???  And poor Constantine - I would bet he has NEVER seen Clay live so he was even more confused.  I think his deadpan "Interesting" was all he could say to that!  If people truly didn't vote for Constantine because of Ryan's inability to deliver a joke, then I say we do what Simon suggested after the top 3 performed in AI2 - let's vote Ryan off!
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

« Reply #649 on: April 28, 2005, 12:34:03 PM »

Quote from: cjrmax
lorraine wrote:
I AM SORRY BUT THAT LOOK LAST NIGHT AFTER RYAN WAS COMPARING HIM TO CLAY I THINK HURT HIM.

I just saw this and cannot imagine that anyone took the "look" Constantine gave Ryan was anything other than befuddlement.  Ryan made a LAME attempt at a joke, ...

ROFL!  I LOVE Ryan, but I have to agree with that 100%.  He was definitely off last night.

Aunt Em,
~Dorothy

clay_fan_20
« Reply #650 on: April 28, 2005, 01:51:27 PM »

i'm mad that constantine left, but there is this whole conspiracy theory, that i just don't buy it, come on do you really think 19E could possibly let go so early a guy that could make them so many $$$... even simon changed his mind a couple of weeks ago about who would win and he said constantine could win it all.

i know constantine lines were very busy, many people was voting for him and the lines were busy and many people couldn't vote.

there;s a petition going, they are comunicating with the FCC, primetime live, if AI didn't do anything when all Clay fans moved, they won't do anything about constantine.

i'm sure constantine will have a lot of success, although i heard the interview with ryan on his show, and he sounds like he wants to persue a solo career, after all that cd they are putting out on may, constantine won't see a penny of it because he passed his rights to his band members so 19E don't get any money out of it and doesn't own his music
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx