gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:26:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 465
Total: 465

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AI4 week of 4/18 Discussions and Spoilers  (Read 45262 times)
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #520 on: April 21, 2005, 08:13:03 AM »

THAT SITE DOES MAKE SENSE BECAUSE EVERY WEEK SOMEONE SAYS TO ME---WHO IS VOTING FOR HIM?  NOW WE KNOW.

I DO AGREE THAT THE POWERS THAT BE ARE HOPING FOR A BO/CONSTANTINE FINALE.  THAT WOULD BE BIG RATINGS AND ANOTHER NAIL BITER LIKE CLAY/RUBEN.  NEITHER ONE OF THEM HAS A GREAT VOICE, BUT BOTH A HOT AND WOULD BE GOOD TV.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Claymaniac2000
UltimateFan

Clay's Butterfly

« Reply #521 on: April 21, 2005, 08:14:58 AM »

I am the one who posted the post that Houston brought over. I posted it on the OCD and on N & A and it was from a different web-site. So there is more than one web-site that is working to make a mockery out of the voting on AI and the bad thng is there is nothing that can be done about it. I have not voted ths year at all but I don't know if I should vote for who I want to win or just let it play out whatever happens. I know one thing, I think it is terrible that this can happen and if Scott should win it will be a disaster.

Janet Claymaniac2000
Hey Butterfly....Open up your weary eyes and realize.....It's a trip we're taking

BRETT-------WELCOME HOME
JULIE you are in my heart forever
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #522 on: April 21, 2005, 08:19:49 AM »

Quote from: houstonclayfan
Here is a post from the web-site that is voting for Scott to keep him on the show. VFTW stands for VOTE FOR THE WORST
Thanks for all of the support everyone! Now that we kept Scott in, make sure to keep talking around to everyone you know about VFTW and the website. Let's get huge press this week now that people are completely outraged at Scott's survival!  

I had also heard about that website and the above quote proves that it is for real!     These people are rude and cruel.  

It is a horrible insult to Scott to have a whole website labeling him as the worst.   That is actually abusive!

It is unfair to some of the other contestants who may have been eliminated because Scott had more votes (due to the VFTW web-site members voting).  

How sad when "freedom of expression" is used as a weapon to destroy !

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
sjmcdona
« Reply #523 on: April 21, 2005, 08:28:12 AM »

I also feel great dissappointment that Anwar was eliminated last night (but in other forums I predicted it). I put in as many calls as I could for him (but needed to make other calls too). I just want to comment on the music teacher who doesn't think Bo is a good singer.

There are many singing styles for various genre's, and much is left to personal taste. Many people hate opera singer's, but others feel they are the best in the world. Similarly, many (including myself), feel Broadway singers are extremely talented and way underrated. This competition traditionally favors Pop and R&B style vocalists, who can belt and/or do many vocal gymnastics. Bo is a true rocker, and his rich, baritone voice is perfect for the type of music he sings. Randy is exactly right that he has a perfect recording voice for his chosen genre, and any fan of rock and roll knows that he is the real deal. One does NOT need to see him to appreciate his voice. I have listened to all of his MP3's several times, and he is the consummate professional.  I don't need to hear him sing Opera, R&B, Broadway, or Pop to know how talented he is.....
tessie
« Reply #524 on: April 21, 2005, 08:44:52 AM »

One does NOT need to see him to appreciate his voice. I have listened to all of his MP3's several times, and he is the consummate professional. I don't need to hear him sing Opera, R&B, Broadway, or Pop to know how talented he is...

Agreed
Franny
Claylicious

« Reply #525 on: April 21, 2005, 08:52:02 AM »

I agree too, that I felt in my heart that Anwar wouldn't make it through one more week. He'll be missed, as well as Nadia  and they were both class acts in their own rights. Nadia was just on the Tony Danza show, when asked how she would describe Randy, she said he was "A Big Teddy Bear," When asked about Simon she thought and then said he was just a "Big Dum Dum." and she sympathized with Paula knowing that she had a lot to deal with. It was a good interview.

As I've said before, I'm not usually into Rockers, but its the voice, Bo's voice that mesmerizes me. It is just so unique.  I was one of the many who voted numerous times for Bo Lo.

Those who are described as belonging to a website that votes for Scott because he is the worst of the worst, are sick little puppies. How low can you sink. It 's also degrading to Scott, who is trying to do his very best. He wouldn't want to win under those circumstances.

"The Keeper of Clay's Magic"
Just a little of "Clay to start my day" brings the sunshine, even along with the rain... It makes all the difference in the world.
I call it Clay's magic.

Prayers for JJ
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #526 on: April 21, 2005, 09:03:19 AM »

I EDITED MY FORMER POST.  

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #527 on: April 21, 2005, 09:49:42 AM »

I KNOW I AM POSTING LATE BUT AFTER READING THE ARTICLE ABOUT THE SICK PEOPLE WHO ARE VOTING ON THE "VOTE FOR THE WORST", IT JUST MADE ME SICK!!!

IT IS NOT FAIR TO ANY OF THE CONTESTANTS AND MUST BE A TERRIBLE EMBARRASSMENT TO SCOTT, IF HE WINS BY THIS FARCE THEN AMERICAN IDOL WILL SINK VERY FAST.

MY 2 CENTS
JAN

Because of you, I am confident enough to say that there is a better day on the way, even when I cannot see it.
cjrmax
« Reply #528 on: April 21, 2005, 09:52:21 AM »

I was not surprised Anwar went - although I wanted Scott to go (of course, I never thought he should be in the top 24 or the top 12 for that matter!).  Anwar seemed to get weaker every week.  He is adorable and he has a nice voice but he didn't usually give very good performances IMO.

I know I ranted yesterday about Bo singing a song that wasn't a part of the theme (Jill's pom-pom squad excluded of course!).  Many defended Bo by saying he was staying true to himself and/or that it wasn't his fault.  I clearly stated in my first post on the subject that I wasn't angry at Bo because someone let him sing that song, but if you think objectively about it, my point still stands.  If AI is having theme nights then ALL the contestants should have to sing songs that fit the theme.  It is not fair otherwise.  It doesn't matter if its Bo or Constantine or Carrie or Scott or Anthony or Vonzell who is singing - they ALL should have to sing songs that fit the theme.  It is not fair when one contestant gets to avoid singing an objectionable theme when everyone else has to deal with it.  My comments were only directed at Bo because he was the one who sang the song that clearly did NOT fit the theme.

On my local Fox station each Thursday they do a segment called "Idol Chat" where they talk with 2 local DJs about the results of the previous night's show.  Both were appalled that Scott was still there.  Neither particularly liked "local boy" Anthony either.  One felt Anwar should not have gone before either of them but felt his days were numbered, that he was boring with his performances and often off key.  I have to agree with this assessment.  Neither really likes Carrie, finding her "MacArthur's Park" off key, without meaning, boring and agreeing with Simon's statement that she looked like a cross between a Barbie doll and a Stepford wife.  Again, I have to agree.  The only other contestant they commented on was Bo.  They were both appalled that he got to sing "Vehicle", which is clearly not a 70's dance music song,  when everyone else had to sing something from that theme.  They felt it was not fair.  They also said they were bored with Bo because everything he sings sounds like a Blood Sweat and Tears imitation.  Again I have to agree.

I really think the producers want a Bo/Carrie finale and want Carrie to win.  Why?  Because she can sell more records.  She is so middle of the road and non-polarizing she can appeal to the greatest number of people and radio stations.  Personally, I can't stand her, but that's what I think. I think they want Bo because then they can say that they don't always pick the middle of the road type and say "Look how far a real rocker got!".  But that is just my guess and what do I know!

One last thing ( ):  Just because someone you like gets voted off sooner than you would have liked does NOT mean there is any kind of conspiracy within the AI ranks. It doesn't mean that the show is fixed.  It doesn't mean anything except people who don't agree with you got in  more votes than you did.  This is only a TV show.  I remember Simon once saying something like when you let the public decide something anything goes and you just have to live with what they say.  Scott is still there even though almost everyone I talk to and everything I read indicates no one likes him.  Maybe that VFTW website is really voting up a storm (and frankly, I don't think Scott cares one bit WHY he is still on the show.  I think he only cares that he is!)!  Anthony is still there despite one weak performance after another.  Anwar and Nadia and even Nikko are gone even though they gave better performances than many of those who remain.  To me, that's what makes this show interesting - its unpredictability.  Every year there are those who hang around much longer  than they should have - Nicki McKibbin in year one, Josh Gracin in year 2 (IMO) and Jasmine Trias last season.  This season it looks like Scott and/or Anthony.  Each season good people are voted off before they should.  There is no conspiracy involved.  Its the public voting and anything goes.  That's all there is to it.
tessie
« Reply #529 on: April 21, 2005, 10:05:03 AM »

The interesting thing to me this season is how differently everyone is seeing the contestants.  Although I loved Anwar at the beginning of the competition, I have totally lost interest in him and have thought for the last three weeks that he could easily be eliminated.  I would have had him go before Nadia.  Sometimes in writing my impressions I could not even remember him.  He just didn't do anything to stay in my memory.

Because of the boards and all the conversations, Scott and Anthony stay in my memory.  If it were not for the boards, I would probably not spend much time thinking about either of them.

Vonzell is choosing songs which showcase her ability, and she is making herself memorable.  She is actually one I thought would have been gone at the start.  She is doing a good job in this competition.

In my opinion if it were not for her beauty, Carrie would be gone.  She has done no memorable performances....with the exception of the Pat Benatar song.....and I would have forgotten about her.  I think she was Simon's female pick at the beginning, but he has clearly shifted to Vonzell.

Bo and Constantine are the memorable contestants.  Perhaps the show has set them up that way and perhaps it is just them.  Bo has a great voice and is hot.  He has great appeal for the female audience.  He is laid back, adult and just pleasing to watch in every way.  Constantine has had memorable performances, knows how to appeal to the female audience and how to sell himself.  Perhaps the show is setting the two of them up for the finale.

I, frankly am sick of the ragging on Scott.  He has a nice voice, but has absolutely no physical appeal, at least for me.  However, I think he is doing the best he can.  This is an opportunity for him to showcase his voice and he is using it.  I'd love it if someone who is ragging on him would tell me would tell me why they would deny him this chance at success and the opportunity to better himself financially.  All I see is people not liking his looks and it just infuriates me that people judge by this without even knowing him.  Please don't respond by telling me what you think his attitude is....if you don't know him personally, you can't possibly know that.

As for the sites voting for him, that is not his doing.  It is up to AI to watch the voting and the spamming.  I don't think the contestants control that and if they do, they should be stopped.  If he wins becausing of the spamming, then he will be a million dollars richer....what difference will it make if he got it because he is the best or the worst.

I want Bo to win.  I just think that the rest of the contestants are people too and should be treated with respect and dignity.
grammaof6
SuperFan

« Reply #530 on: April 21, 2005, 01:24:15 PM »

Found this tidbit on http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2005-04-19-idol-tuesday-recap_x.htm

And disco had no effect whatsoever on Bo Bice, because he ignored the theme completely, instead indulging his Blood, Sweat & Tears fetish by singing Ides of March's Vehicle, a pre-disco horn-rock BS&T clone that, by sounding even more ludicrously bombastic than even Spinning Wheel, was more unconscious parody than shameless knockoff. The only people who danced to this back in 1970 were dazed and confused hippies stoned out of their heads on reds.

The leader of Ides of March went on to form Survivor, and Bo will probably survive this exercise in excess too, although he should be disqualified on a technical foul.

Hmmmm very interesting!
cjrmax
« Reply #531 on: April 21, 2005, 01:42:32 PM »

Gramma,

That is very interesting!  Nice to know at least someone else was upset by that song choice being allowed!
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #532 on: April 21, 2005, 02:08:47 PM »

Quote from: grammaof6
Found this tidbit on http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2005-04-19-idol-tuesday-recap_x.htm

And disco had no effect whatsoever on Bo Bice, because he ignored the theme completely, instead indulging his Blood, Sweat & Tears fetish by singing Ides of March's Vehicle, a pre-disco horn-rock BS&T clone that, by sounding even more ludicrously bombastic than even Spinning Wheel, was more unconscious parody than shameless knockoff. The only people who danced to this back in 1970 were dazed and confused hippies stoned out of their heads on reds.

The leader of Ides of March went on to form Survivor, and Bo will probably survive this exercise in excess too, although he should be disqualified on a technical foul.

Hmmmm very interesting!

It was my understanding that the contestents are given a song list in which they are to choose a song of their choice.  If that song was on the list, which I am assuming it must have been, then Bo didn't do anything wrong.
houstonclayfan
« Reply #533 on: April 21, 2005, 02:16:10 PM »

Quote from: LuvMyClay
It was my understanding that the contestents are given a song list in which they are to choose a song of their choice.  If that song was on the list, which I am assuming it must have been, then Bo didn't do anything wrong.

I assumed the same thing, Lorrie.  Even if there wasn't a  song list, the song would have had to be approved first. Remember how Clay wanted to sing a few songs (like When A Man Loves A Woman) that weren't allowed ?!
Clara
SuperFan

« Reply #534 on: April 21, 2005, 02:48:04 PM »

I'm almost sure that this is why Scott is still on:

From vote for the worst.com. Posted yesterday:
In the words of immortal pop icon Britney Spears, oops... we did it again. Thank you for all of the support, now Scott has outlasted both Nadia and Anwar. These two were light years ahead of Scott in talent. We could never have done this without the support of everyone out there who is helping us vote.

I understand that Scott deserves a chance. But isn't an Idol supposed to be more than a nice singing voice? What about all those comments that Simon made about "not looking like an Idol to me"? What about the "it" factor? Do people really believe that Scott looks like an Idol and has the "it" factor?

I don't think so. (My humble opinion.)

(Feisty) Clara   :kungfu
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #535 on: April 21, 2005, 03:11:15 PM »

Quote from: Clara
I'm almost sure that this is why Scott is still on:

From vote for the worst.com. Posted yesterday:
In the words of immortal pop icon Britney Spears, oops... we did it again. Thank you for all of the support, now Scott has outlasted both Nadia and Anwar. These two were light years ahead of Scott in talent. We could never have done this without the support of everyone out there who is helping us vote.

I understand that Scott deserves a chance. But isn't an Idol supposed to be more than a nice singing voice? What about all those comments that Simon made about "not looking like an Idol to me"? What about the "it" factor? Do people really believe that Scott looks like an Idol and has the "it" factor?

I don't think so. (My humble opinion.)

(Feisty) Clara   :kungfu

But remember Simon said "You Don't Look Like A Pop Star", to a very special Pop Star. Wink
Clara
SuperFan

« Reply #536 on: April 21, 2005, 03:44:04 PM »

But remember Simon said "You Don't Look Like A Pop Star", to a very special Pop Star. Wink

SOOOOOO true, LuvMyClay!!!!!!!!  
Hugs,
Clara
clay_fan_20
« Reply #537 on: April 21, 2005, 03:59:16 PM »

Quote from: grammaof6

Hmmmm very interesting!

yup.. they have a list to choose from, they mention this last week when they were showing what they do everyweek, and i remember when Bo was gonna sing in showtunes night, he said he closed his eyes and pointed to see what song comes up, i guess to the list of songs....
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #538 on: April 21, 2005, 07:09:56 PM »

I've found some interesting critic responses to last nights elimination, here are a few quotes:

Alas, Anwar Gets Kicked to the Curb on 'Idol'

By Lisa de Moraes
Thursday, April 21, 2005; Page C07

W e Watch So You Don't Have To:

How do you explain a world in which the very talented, extremely charming and exceptionally well-dressed Anwar Robinson is voted out of "American Idol" while zeroes like Anthony Fedorov, Scott Savol and Carrie Underwood survive to compete another week?

and

The American Idol audience got it wrong tonight, sending home the talented Anwar Robinson over the bland Anthony Fedorov and the excruciating Scott Savol. Last night, Anwar recovered from a few off weeks, but it apparently wasn't enough to renew America's initial adoration for the middle school music teacher.

Hey folks, I didn't mean to offend Bo fans...but I certainly was sorely disappointed that Anwar didn't last longer.  With his uneven performances, realistically speaking, I didn't expect him to make it all the way anymore.  Clearly having an exciting stage presence is important.  

As for the rockers, I do like rock music, and I willingly admit that I can more fairly evaluate a singer when I know the song.

Interesting tidbit...Primetime Live is doing a piece on American Idol...something related to past Idol contestants and their relationship to the Idol judges, if my recollection is accurate.  Word is that it contains some surprising revelations....

Last...I certainly hope that the websites suggesting to vote for the worst aren't for real.  That would be such a shame.  It's neat that something on the airwaves allows talented young people an opportunity to shine and realize their dreams.

OK, that's it for now.

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

AI4
« Reply #539 on: April 23, 2005, 07:13:42 PM »

The site that is encouraging voting for Scott on AI4 because he is the worst reminds me of how someone is picked on in school.  And it makes me think of the Dr. Phil show where Clay was a guest and bullying was the topic.

I remember reading about high school incidents where a student who is looked down upon is suddenly thrust into "popular' status; he wins homecoming king or president of the student body just to indulge the whim of the popular students in school.  They want to give this person a false sense of acceptance and popularity and then pull the rug out from under him and humiliate him in some way.

How is what is happening to Scott  different from bullying someone in school?

Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx