gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:52:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 134
Total: 134

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK APRIL 18  (Read 4769 times)
clays#1fan
UltimateFan

Clay's Speedracer

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2005, 09:10:01 AM »

THANKS FOR ALL THE NEWS!! HE IS GETTING CLOSER TO THE SOUTH!!   HOPEFULLY SOME FLORIDA DATES COME NEXT!!  

HAVE A GREAT CLAY DAY ALL!!  

Joyce wave
Clay makes me happier than a kitten chasing a leaky cow!  
I love Clay more today, but not as much as tomorrow!
www.myspace.com/joyce1010
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2005, 09:28:21 AM »

Preceding Clay's appearance on Dr Phil tomorrow, he is being featured on commercial for the show today.

From the CH:

"Pop star Clay Aiken shares his experiences"

Clay says, "It's tough to admit that people make fun of me"

Wearing what looks to be a stripey sweater and a blazer. Will be talking   with children in the studio.

He comes striding out with, I think, a grey sport coat, some sort of
red in his shirt -- hair all spiked up.  He shakes Dr. Phil's hand and
then walks to the edge of the stage & shakes someone's hand (maybe a
young boy).  He says something about "being picked on in school".  They
also showed a fast clip of the Invisible video...
stargazer
Claymaniac

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2005, 10:10:52 AM »

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE.

ME TOO ON THE LOW REGISTER. GIVES ME GOOSEBUMPS. :c9

Thanks for all the news. Still praying that he will hit the west coast some time but it doesn't look promising. Cry!

I finally was able to download the duet with Quiana. Sure you all know, but just in case, I got it at Measure of a Fan. I have dial up so it is painful to download, so I don't do it often.

Have a nice day.        

LIKE FINE WINE CLAY IMPROVES WITH AGE
BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2005, 10:35:08 AM »

Lower register like in "I Know How The River Feels".....

Yum.............

Lora
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2005, 11:12:58 AM »

Quote from: Pamela

ALSO it’s reported that there is a two page feature on Clay’s recent
UNICEF trip to Banda Aceh Indonesia in this week’s issue of TV Guide.

YES!   Just got my copy in the mail.   Great two page article with four pictures of Clay with the children in Indonesia.  The title of the article is Clay Finds Hope in Indonesia.   The whole article is in his own words.  Very impressive.  

AND - - - on the very top of the cover of TV Guide is "CLAY AIKEN EXCLUSIVE!  His Tsunami Relief Diary.   His name just jumps right into view when you see the TV Guide.  Kiefer Sutherland is on the cover.
It's the April 24-30 issue!

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
cjrmax
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2005, 11:14:59 AM »

AND - - - on the very top of the cover of TV Guide is "CLAY AIKEN EXCLUSIVE! His Tsunami Relief Diary. His name just jumps right into view when you see the TV Guide. Kiefer Sutherland is on the cover.

God, Kiefer Sutherland and Clay in one issue!  Two of my favorite hotties!

Now that's an issue worth buying!!!  
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2005, 12:37:03 PM »

Another low register fan here!
same here!!!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

houstonclayfan
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2005, 03:44:44 PM »

Clay Aiken Tells Dr. Phil What It's Like To Be Picked On  By Caroline Davis

Despite having a devoted following of "Claymates," "American Idol" runner-up Clay Aiken has run into his fair share of critics and haters. But building up a thick skin is something Aiken did long before fame, and on Tuesday's "Dr. Phil" he'll reveal

"I was dubbed a loser throughout most of my childhood." — Clay Aiken
his experiences with bullying and share his advice with young people.

Aiken talked to the TV-show host about how being bullied isn't the end of the world. "It was a really tough time," he confessed to Dr. Phil. "Middle school's really tough — I think everybody has trouble with middle school. It's about finding out who you are and being happy with who you are and being comfortable with who you are, because everybody in middle school is confused."

In his book "Learning to Sing," Aiken revealed his experience with being picked on and the loneliness and isolation of not belonging while he was growing up in Raleigh, North Carolina. He described what it was like getting wedgies and being "dodge-ball bait."

"I was dubbed a loser throughout most of my childhood," he wrote. "As a kid, I was an insult magnet — a nerd who loved his grandparents, who wore the wrong clothes, who liked the wrong things, who had goofy hair and glasses, who didn't smoke or drink."

Coupled with the anguish of an abusive, alcoholic father, his childhood was further troubled by such ill treatment outside his home. "I went to grade school and discovered a whole new form of cruelty: the heartlessness of exclusion," he wrote.

His mother, Faye Parker, told The Associated Press, "I don't know that he was bullied so much as he was just ignored. So I don't know. We'll have to hear more about his story when he tells it on TV."

Aiken told Dr. Phil that his experience shifted by the time he got to Raleigh's Leesville High School: "It's about being comfortable with who you are, and once ... I figured that out, you know, who cares what people think about me? I know my parents love me, I have friends who love me, I love myself. Once you have that and carry it with you, everybody wants to know, 'What is it that he's got that I don't have?' because everybody's insecure. They're picking on me because they don't have anything about them that they could be proud of, so they've decided to make themselves feel better."

Aha: so that's how he dealt with Simon Cowell's snide comments.

This all seems appropriate for the sensitive singer who covered "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and, after he topped the albums chart with his Measure of a Man debut in 2003, spent much of his efforts trying to help others. Before his sudden stardom, he had earned his bachelor's degree in special education from the University of North Carolina and was a special-education teacher. His Bubel/ Aiken Foundation assists the families of children with developmental disabilities, particularly autism.

Aiken's recent work with UNICEF is another example of how the compassionate pop star has channeled his experience with bullying into good deeds. As a UNICEF ambassador, he traveled to Indonesia's region of Aceh, which was devastated by the tsunami disaster.

More traveling is in Aiken's future, as the prince of positive pop will soon announce even more dates for his summer tour — probably for July, according to his rep. Before that, he'll head back to the studio to start working on his next album in May.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1500337/20050418/story.jhtml
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2005, 06:04:24 PM »

Quote from: HavinaClayAffair
Lower register like in "I Know How The River Feels".....

Yum.............

Lora

Oh that song just sends me into dream land...

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx