gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:27:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 224
Total: 224

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK APRIL 18  (Read 4771 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: April 18, 2005, 01:42:14 AM »

wave Good Morning, everyone!! wave

Clay is playing Wild Adventures in Valdosta GA on August 6!

Clay Aiken from American Idol
(08/06/2005)
Show starts at 8:00 P.M.
More information coming soon!
Reserved seats are $20.00 each and go on sale Wednesday, July 6, 2005 at 10:00 A.M.

WILD ADVENTURES

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 01:46:22 AM »

For Aiken, it's charitable achievements
The true measure of a man
By HOWARD COHEN, Knight Ridder Newspapers

RAY MICKSHAW, FOX/SCRIPPS HOWARD NEWS SERVICE
"American Idol" contestant Clay Aiken stepped out from the shadow of winner Ruben Studdard after season two. He recently returned home from visiting Indonesia and Malaysia in his new role as a UNICEF ambassador.
 For Clay Aiken, the measure of a man is more than an album title. It's defined by the deeds one can do under the spotlight.
 The most successful singer to emerge from "American Idol" -- and he didn't even win -- hosts Florida Voices for Change, a Saturday evening benefit dinner in Fort Lauderdale for his organization, The Bubel/Aiken Foundation. During the $200-a-ticket gala Aiken plans to sing Paul Simon's "Bridge Over Troubled Water" with students from Miami's Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior High School.
 It won't be a full concert, Aiken says, but guests can expect a few songs. He will pay tribute to Miami-Dade Commissioner Sally Heyman and State Rep. Susan K. Goldstein for their work with Florida children with developmental disabilities. Earlier in the day he plans to speak at a conference sponsored by Today's Caregiver magazine.
 "I think celebrities have an obligation to the public to not just sing or act," Aiken said in a phone conversation from his Los Angeles home. His real home, he points out happily. Not a hotel.
 Crashing at home is a luxury the 26-year-old Aiken hasn't tasted much of ever since his run on "Idol" ended two years ago. He has just returned home from Indonesia and Malaysia where, in his new role as a UNICEF ambassador, he went on a field mission for tsunami relief and toured camps for displaced survivors.
 "Not everybody gets a mike this big. I feel I should use it in as positive a way as I can," he says.
 The Bubel/Aiken Foundation provides grants, services and programs for children with special needs. If you stripped away the platinum albums, the touring and the magazine covers, Aiken's role isn't far removed from his pre-"Idol" life as a special-education teacher in his Raleigh, N.C., hometown.
 "I went to school for special education. I always assumed when I had the opportunity I would love to try and help kids with disabilities," Aiken says. "There's a push in education programs to get kids involved but not too much of a push in the extracurricular world. I worked with the YMCA in Raleigh and watched kids get turned away from after-school programs because there wasn't enough funding or training with the staff to work with the kids. That's how this idea was born to include or fund programs at organizations like the YMCA."
 There will always be other stories circulating about Aiken, such as the infamous Claygate incident reported by The Philadelphia Inquirer in December and picked up by salivating tabloids. Seems a group of New Jersey high schoolers, invited to sing with Aiken, were bullied and berated and stiffed for their services. When a New Jersey Teacher of the Year spoke out, Aiken reportedly went all prima-donna on her.
 It sounds hard to believe. Clay? The patron saint of Claymates sassing a teacher?
 Aiken laughs. "I will leave it at the discretion of the readers how much they want to believe the columnist in Philadelphia. There were two conflicting stories, very conflicting stories. I don't like to talk about it to give it credence ..."
 And then Aiken does precisely that. "It was not true," he continues.
 "It disappointed me. I spent so much time working with kids. I have nothing but respect for students and the teachers who do amazing work. Certain people overreact to certain things, and there were a number of extreme embellishments."
 Aiken talks briskly, laughs a lot and bastes it all in that cordial Southern drawl. He'll gladly discuss his post-"Idol" life, especially the Bubel/Aiken Foundation he founded in 2003 with disability activist Diane Bubel. She convinced Aiken he must audition for "American Idol" when she heard him singing around her house as he cared for her autistic son Mike.
 Don't expect lengthy dissertations on this season's "American Idol," though. Tell him you think most of the contestants need a locksmith to help them find the right key, and he laughs heartily, telling you that you sound like acid-tongued judge Simon Cowell.
 "He was right most of the time -- except when he criticized me," Aiken teases, chuckling, memories of performing "Grease" in a red jacket still blazing in his mind.
 "I haven't had a chance to watch it this season," Aiken says. "I was in Indonesia for two weeks, then my brother went into the Marines, and we went to see him. I kind of want to go by and see a show live."
 Fans will have to wait a while longer for the follow-up to "Measure of a Man." Aiken will record it in the midst of a summer tour, which will be followed by a Christmas tour.
 "It's coming along slowly. I mean slowly," he says. "We'll start kicking into higher gear in the coming weeks. It's something we'd love to have out by the end of the year or at least the beginning of next year. We don't want to put this album out as quickly as the last one. I was happy with the last album, but I wanted it to be more me. The last time the songs were all chosen for me. This time I want to be involved."

SOUTHCOASTTODAY

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 01:48:14 AM »

Clay Aiken takes time for a charitable cause
BY HOWARD COHEN
Knight Ridder

MIAMI - For Clay Aiken, the measure of a man is more than an album title. It's defined by the deeds one can do under the spotlight.

The most successful singer to emerge from "American Idol" -- and he didn't even win -- hosts Florida Voices for Change, a Saturday evening benefit dinner in Fort Lauderdale for his organization, The Bubel/Aiken Foundation. During the $200-a-ticket gala Aiken plans to sing Paul Simon's "Bridge Over Troubled Water" with students from Miami's Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior High School.

It won't be a full concert, Aiken says, but guests can expect a few songs. He will pay tribute to Miami-Dade Commissioner Sally Heyman and State Rep. Susan K. Goldstein for their work with Florida children with developmental disabilities. Earlier in the day he plans to speak at a conference sponsored by Today's Caregiver magazine.

"I think celebrities have an obligation to the public to not just sing or act," Aiken said in a phone conversation from his Los Angeles home. His real home, he points out happily. Not a hotel.

Crashing at home is a luxury the 26-year-old Aiken hasn't tasted much of ever since his run on "Idol" ended two years ago. He has just returned home from Indonesia and Malaysia where, in his new role as a UNICEF ambassador, he went on a field mission for tsunami relief and toured camps for displaced survivors.

"Not everybody gets a mike this big. I feel I should use it in as positive a way as I can," he says.

The Bubel/Aiken Foundation provides grants, services and programs for children with special needs. If you stripped away the platinum albums, the touring and the magazine covers, Aiken's role isn't far removed from his pre-"Idol" life as a special-education teacher in his Raleigh, N.C., hometown.

"I went to school for special education. I always assumed when I had the opportunity I would love to try and help kids with disabilities," Aiken says. "There's a push in education programs to get kids involved but not too much of a push in the extracurricular world. I worked with the YMCA in Raleigh and watched kids get turned away from after-school programs because there wasn't enough funding or training with the staff to work with the kids. That's how this idea was born to include or fund programs at organizations like the YMCA."

There will always be other stories circulating about Aiken, such as the infamous Claygate incident reported by The Philadelphia Inquirer in December and picked up by salivating tabloids. Seems a group of New Jersey high schoolers, invited to sing with Aiken, were bullied and berated and stiffed for their services. When a New Jersey Teacher of the Year spoke out, Aiken reportedly went all prima-donna on her.

It sounds hard to believe. Clay? The patron saint of Claymates sassing a teacher?

Aiken laughs. "I will leave it at the discretion of the readers how much they want to believe the columnist in Philadelphia. There were two conflicting stories, very conflicting stories. I don't like to talk about it to give it credence ..."

And then Aiken does precisely that. "It was not true," he continues.

"It disappointed me. I spent so much time working with kids. I have nothing but respect for students and the teachers who do amazing work. Certain people overreact to certain things, and there were a number of extreme embellishments."

Aiken talks briskly, laughs a lot and bastes it all in that cordial Southern drawl. He'll gladly discuss his post-"Idol" life, especially the Bubel/Aiken Foundation he founded in 2003 with disability activist Diane Bubel. She convinced Aiken he must audition for "American Idol" when she heard him singing around her house as he cared for her autistic son Mike.

Don't expect lengthy dissertations on this season's "American Idol," though. Tell him you think most of the contestants need a locksmith to help them find the right key, and he laughs heartily, telling you that you sound like acid-tongued judge Simon Cowell.

"He was right most of the time -- except when he criticized me," Aiken teases, chuckling, memories of performing "Grease" in a red jacket still blazing in his mind.

BELLEVILLE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 01:50:50 AM »

National Youth Service Day ends today
By Kristen Schorsch
Iowa City Press-Citizen

A picnic table, a bench, bushes, flowers and a bunch of wood chips will be added to the ambience of the Old Brick Church and Community Center today with the help of University of Iowa students and some money.

Today marks the 17th annual National Youth Service Day, which began Friday and ends today. UI's part is beautifying Old Brick, 26 E. Market St. The UI Best Buddies organization, which matches students with people who have intellectual disabilities such as autism and Down syndrome, was awarded a $1,000 grant from Youth Service America to do its project, said Mia Noller, college program manager for Best Buddies Iowa.

"I think it's great to be able to help out another organization within the community and something that everyone seems to know on campus," said Courtney Ehlers, UI senior and college buddy director of the UI Best Buddies student chapter.

This is the first time UI's program has been awarded the grant, said Ehlers, 22. The group is giving its money to Old Brick, which will pay for the materials that will beautify the outside of the church as well as the installation of a new door opener for the church's platform lift, said David Wellendorf, Old Brick manager.

"Best Buddies came through at just the right time," he said.

Iowa City's second-oldest structure also is in the process of raising money to replace the mortar between the brick of the church's facade, Wellendorf said. So far, the church has snagged an $86,900 state historic site grant and a $50,000 grant from the city. They need $36,000 more, he said.

Iowa has 26 Best Buddies programs that help buddies perform special projects, Noller said. UI's three-year-old group has about 40 students matched with buddies, Ehlers said. Students contact their buddies once a week through meetings or phone calls and get together for activities twice a month. Once a month, the entire Best Buddies clan meets for group activities.

Working with Youth Service America, which provided UI's grant, is the Clay Aiken ABLE to SERVE Awards program. The initiative provides 50 grants of up to $2,000 each to youth with disabilities for community service projects to be performed on National Youth Service Day.

Aiken placed second in the 2003 season of "American Idol," a television show in which singers compete for the Idol title and a record deal, among other prizes. Ruben Studdard beat Aiken for first place.

PRESS-CITIZEN

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 01:52:48 AM »

'Idol 2's Clay Aiken volunteers, announces his first grant winners  
UPI News Service, 04/16/2005

Clay Aiken has helped young people with intellectual disabilities and their Best Buddies plant more than 40 six-foot tall palm trees in Hollywood, Fla.

Aiken was participating in National Youth Service Day -- an annual weekend event April 15 to 17 that features children and teens volunteering in their communities.

The most successful alumnus from Fox's "American Idol" also announced the first recipients of the Clay Aiken ABLE to SERVE grants, providing grants of up to $2,000 each to youth with disabilities for community service projects for National Youth Service Day.

"Conventional wisdom often looks upon youth with disabilities as a population to be served by volunteers, instead of as a group that can serve as volunteers," Aiken said. "The Bubel/Aiken Foundation and Youth Service America seek to change this misperception by engaging youth with disabilities to serve create and lead others in service projects on National Youth Service Day and every day of the year."

As Aiken's singing career took off, the North Carolina native who had been studying to be a special education teacher before "American Idol," formed the Bubel/Aiken Foundation to create awareness about the diversity of individuals with disabilities and the possibilities inclusion.

REALITYTV

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 01:54:12 AM »

Clay Aiken volunteers, announces grants

HOLLYWOOD, Fla., April 16 (UPI) -- Clay Aiken has helped young people with intellectual disabilities and their Best Buddies plant more than 40 six-foot tall palm trees in Hollywood, Fla.

Aiken was participating in National Youth Service Day -- an annual weekend event April 15 to 17 that features children and teens volunteering in their communities.

The most successful alumnus from Fox's "American Idol" also announced the first recipients of the Clay Aiken ABLE to SERVE grants, providing grants of up to $2,000 each to youth with disabilities for community service projects for National Youth Service Day.

"Conventional wisdom often looks upon youth with disabilities as a population to be served by volunteers, instead of as a group that can serve as volunteers," Aiken said. "The Bubel/Aiken Foundation and Youth Service America seek to change this misperception by engaging youth with disabilities to serve create and lead others in service projects on National Youth Service Day and every day of the year."

As Aiken's singing career took off, the North Carolina native who had been studying to be a special education teacher before "American Idol," formed the Bubel/Aiken Foundation to create awareness about the diversity of individuals with disabilities and the possibilities inclusion.

WASHINGTONTIMES

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2005, 01:58:15 AM »

HOME ON THE RADIO

While most radio stations have forsaken Broadway, both Sirius Satellite Radio and XM Radio have channels devoted to it. "We cover a selection of the Broadway catalogue, from the 1940s through 'Wicked' and 'The Producers,'" says Sirius' Mike Peters. "The response has been absolutely phenomenal across the country, and it's a broad spectrum of ages."

Occasionally, an updated version of a Broadway tune can still cross over. Jay-Z's 1999 rap song "Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem)" used parts of "It's a Hard Knock Life" from the musical "Annie," and his multiplatinum "Vol. 2 ... Hard Knock Life" won that year's Grammy for Best Rap Album.

This year, Gwen Stefani's "Rich Girl," a reggae take on "If I Were a Rich Man" from "Fiddler on the Roof," peaked at No. 7 on the Billboard charts. That makes it the highest-charting song to originate in a musical since "One Night in Bangkok."

So who knows, maybe pop singers like Kelly Clarkson and Clay Aiken will start raiding Broadway for their next hits. Or maybe Beyoncé and J. Lo will decide to do musicals. With pop star power behind them, Broadway songs just might rule the radio again. As Humphrey Bogart once said, it could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

NYDAILYNEWS

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2005, 01:59:23 AM »

The Broads present MY MAMA ALWAYS SAID..

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2005, 02:01:35 AM »

Bulletin Board
Meetings

MONDAY

Clay Aiken Fan Group, meet-up meeting, 7 p.m. at Lula's Café, 1631 Edison Road, South Bend. For information call 273-6216.

ETRUTH

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2005, 02:03:39 AM »

Clay Aiken to discuss bullying on 'Dr. Phil'
Associated Press

RALEIGH, N.C. - Multiplatinum-selling singer Clay Aiken will talk about his own experiences with bullying with Dr. Phil McGraw on the syndicated "Dr. Phil" show this week.

The show airs in the Raleigh area, where Aiken was raised, at 9 a.m. Tuesday.

"He talks about his own experiences being bullied," says RCA Records publicist Roger Widynowski, who said Aiken isn't doing any press interviews at this time. Widynowski says the bullying occurred "verbally ... throughout his whole school career. Mostly through elementary and junior high."

Aiken's mother, Faye Parker, confirmed that he was picked on but said she doesn't know to what extent.

"I don't know that he was bullied so much as he was just ignored," she said. "So I don't know. We'll have to hear more about his story when he tells it on TV."

He may have other kids' stories on the subject to tell from his days as a counselor at A.E. Finley YMCA in Raleigh, Parker said.

Besides accounts of bullying in his book, "Learning to Sing," Aiken has occasionally recounted the rougher aspects of his school days in magazine interviews.

"The first two years of high school, I was shy," Aiken told Cosmo Girl. "I got picked on for the way I was dressed. I had Coke-bottle glasses, and my hair was just atrocious."

Sometimes, the bullying was more than verbal. As he told Entertainment Weekly: "I actually started convincing myself that wedgies were compliments."

By 12th grade, however, his self-confidence and refusal to worry too much about what others thought of him actually made him somewhat popular at Raleigh's Leesville High School.

JOURNALNOW

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2005, 02:14:38 AM »

Idol’ advice: Vote for the singer you want to last
Published: Sunday, Apr. 17, 2005

For those of you counting, we have just passed week 13 on “American Idol,” and we are down to seven contestants, with Vonzell and Carrie the only girls still standing.

Nadia has picked some bad songs and hairdos, but come on, folks - we all know Scott and Anthony should have been shown the door long before she was. And what in the world was Bo doing in the bottom three with Nadia and Scott?

A new reader and, might I add, a new “Idol” viewer, LatecomerDave of Nashua, writes, “I couldn’t agree more that Jessica Sierra was a far better singer than many of the remaining contestants. She got cut because of not having the IT factor? What IT factor does that skinny white guy with the butch haircut (Anthony) have? What’s really crazy is that I feel compelled to express these opinions even though I just got back from vacation and am busy as hell. It’s scary.”

Yes, Latecomer. Very, very scary. And welcome to our world.

Last week was proof that I need to follow Ryan’s Golden Rule. Vote for the person you want to keep. I made the mistake of voting for Vonzell because I felt she gave the best performance of the night, but that’s over. I think it’s Bo from now on. Yes, folks. I’ve decided. I just can’t imagine Tuesday and Wednesday night without Bodacious Bo. It would just be so Bo-ring.

OK, Jillybean and Claymate thought Bo’s comment about entering the competition only because of a contest with his mom sounded flippant. I interpreted it as humility. And frankly, it was refreshing not to hear all that Oh-this-has-always-been-my-dream-and-I-want-to-be-a-role-model b.s. so many “Idol” wannabes have expounded.

Yes, I know Constantine is good and his song selections are fabulous. I’m the only one who didn’t see the tongue wagging during his “Bohemian Rhapsody.” But I just can’t get past the whole Narcissus thing. I think it was hysterical that when he explained his choice of the Queen classic for the birth-year theme, he just had to add that he was “dramatic” as a child. Ya think?

And while Carrie is definitely the most consistent in terms of quality, she is just way too Barbara Mandrell for my taste. So, Bo it is.

But the beauty of this column is that we all disagree. Let’s get on with what you had to say this week.

Claygirl said if she had to vote today, it would be a tie between the two C’s - Constantine and Carrie. “Constantine knows who he is and has more professionalism. But Carrie still hasn’t found herself. She’s still green. But she has a better voice. Technically, she’s better than anybody. I love Bo, too. But the last three weeks he hasn’t been up to his Bo self. I don’t think he wants it as badly as the others do. He won’t be desperate enough to work his butt off, like Vonzell. He’s better than everybody, but not taking it seriously enough.”

It looks like Simonspeach agrees.

“Kudos to both Carrie and Constantine for being secure enough to take on their song choices. If Pat Benatar and Queen had been in the audience, there wouldn’t have been any false smiles and thumbs up!”

At this point, Lollypop’s top picks are Anwar, Carrie, Constantine and Scott. OK, you need to narrow it down, girl. That’s more than half of the contestants remaining.

“Despite what Simon said, I really loved Carrie and her song choice. She came alive, sounded great, looked sexy . . . yeah! Anwar this week. The song he sang was wonderful. I usually fall asleep when I hear Dionne Warwick sing it on the radio, but he really added a special flair to it. And Constantine . . . Wow! He really did a fantastic job of ‘Bohemian Rhapsody.’ He kept it real and made it a little his own and wasn’t too cheesy, until the tongue thing. Scott has a really nice voice, and it showed when he sang the Hall and Oates song. Yes, he has a little trouble with the low register, but he more than made up for it everywhere else. I don’t think he’s the next American idol, but he has a certain quality to his voice, which cannot be compared.”

A little trouble with his lower register - that’s like saying Paula Abdul wears a little makeup. Just think of Clay and Carrie, for that matter. They never have problems in any register. That’s what it takes to be a star. Sorry, Lollypop, just venting.

But if we were counting popular votes among our readers today, Anwar would win hands down.

“Anwar was good,” Crackerjack said. “Randy said technically the best in the competition. Paula - pleasing to the ear. Great. Simon said better performance that I have seen in awhile (or something like that). I try not to listen to the judges, but I agreed with all of them. Anwar has the whole package. He got most of my votes tonight.”

And this should come as no shock to anyone: SuzzeQ is still in “Armoire’s” court: “Anwar - OK, don’t get me started. Bo, please take note - the entire package of Anwar - voice, song choice and in style! Smooth performer, smooth voice and just a complete pleasure to watch and listen to. A soothing, comforting blanket in that amazing Armoire!!! I was glued to the TV. He just makes me smile and is awesome. He is the definition of ‘American Idol’ to me. Go Anwar!!!!!!!!!!!”

OK, that’s it for now, with the exception of a little “Idol” news. Our friend Clay Aiken will perform at the Bank of America Pavilion in Boston on Aug. 28. Thanks for that tip, Crackerjack. Ryan Seacrest will receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Wednesday. Bummer, I was just on the Walk of Fame last week. Bad timing on my part.

And for those of you “Idol” fans who date to Season 2, check out the Fox channel today at 12:30 p.m., when the Samsung/Radio Shack 500 will be aired. Marine Josh Gracin, who has a rather successful country career, will perform the national anthem.

Enough for now. Idoleyes out.

NASHUATELEGRAPH

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2005, 02:16:17 AM »

Have a great day, everyone!!!

Here ya go:

There is decaf and tea, too. Wink

Clay "is" the "News"
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2005, 02:40:54 AM »

Good morning Ms. D.  Have a marvelous Monday and thanks for the news!  Hope your aches are gone!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

paclayfan
Claymaniac

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2005, 03:03:27 AM »

One of the boards say Clay will be on Entertainment Tonight - tonight!
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2005, 03:28:29 AM »

Thank you for the news!

Have a great day!!

Lora
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2005, 04:09:38 AM »

Gah Clay's lower register turns me into pudldles of GOO!

Morning everyone!

Here's Clay's horoscope for this Monday morning!

Quickie:
Lady Luck is your best friend now. Revel in your good fortune and take a risk.

Overview:
An afternoon spat could turn to something far more serious -- but only if you let it happen. If you're smart -- and you definitely are -- you'll let any irritating comments slide and write it off to a cranky day.

Daily Extended Forecast:
All's well that ends well. Keep that in mind if your day is less than stellar, and if the person who's responsible for that keeps appearing directly in your line of fire. Resisting the urge to let go and let them have it won't be easy. But if you can pull it off, you'll be so proud of yourself that when tonight arrives -- and believe it or not, it will -- you'll allow yourself to be spoiled.

Daily Flirt:
If you're on a plane, you get a free upgrade -- just because of your winning smile. You win the raffle at the company picnic. It's like a squad of leprechauns is working overtime on your behalf today.

Daily Couples:
You're longing for something exciting and new, but sweeping your sweetie off to Paris just isn't an option (not today, anyway). Try a little armchair travel with a foreign film, or go out to an exotic restaurant.

Daily Singles:
If you aren't flashing your passport on your way to an exotic destination today, then you're definitely flashing your emotional passport at an emotional border on your way to brand new emotional space. Enjoy the trip!

Daily Carrer and Finance:
If you're traveling for work today, you're in luck. Expect a ton of perks or unbelievable coincidences to come your way. Bask in your good fortune.

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2005, 04:48:28 AM »

GOOD MORNING DEANNA AND FRIENDS.

THANKS FOR THE NEWS ON OUR HONEY.  IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY THIS IS THE WEEK THAT LAST YEAR 7 CONCERTS WERE ANNOUNCED SO I AM HOLDING MY BREATH RIGHT NOW.

HOPE TO BE BACK FOR UPDATES.
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2005, 05:37:35 AM »

SO I AM HOLDING MY BREATH RIGHT NOW.
don't hold too long Lorraine, you'll pass out...LOL  Hang in there...hoping for deep South!!!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2005, 05:37:37 AM »

Good morning all!
Another low register fan here!

Just wanted to post a reminder that our media calendar is stickied at the top of this page - it's current and easy to find so check it out!

MEDIA CALENDAR

Also, Clay is featured on Yahoo’s music page along with the AI winners
and others. Watch Clay’s videos there and Yahoo will know who our
favorite is!  

YAHOO MUSIC

Here's the ET scoop - Clay may be on Entertainment Tonight (SYN – Check local listings for time and channel.) “You don't have to be THE "American Idol" to climb the charts. Just ask "runners up" like Clay Aiken or Kimberley Locke. They didn't cop the crown, but they've launched successful music careers.” (thanks paclayfan!)

ROCK ON TV

ALSO it’s reported that there is a two page feature on Clay’s recent
UNICEF trip to Banda Aceh Indonesia in this week’s issue of TV Guide.

Have a great day everyone --
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2005, 06:44:16 AM »

HELLO EVERYONE & THANKS FOR THE NEWS---LORRAINE-I AM WITH YOU HOPING FOR MORE ANNOUNCEMENTS---HOPEFULLY CT.

THANKS AGAIN--I WILL BE BACK FOR UPDATES

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx