gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:17:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 356
Total: 356

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CAREGIVER CONFERENCE AND VOICES FOR CHANGE GALA  (Read 51357 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: April 16, 2005, 08:31:09 AM »

Today is an exciting day as Clay is the keynote speaker at the Fearless Caregiver's Conference in Fort Lauderdale as well as the featured guest at the Voices for Change Gala this evening.

Clay's speech is this morning, according to the schedule.  If anyone finds any mentions of the conference or gala, this is the thread for sharing.

We have some lucky maniac friends who are fortunate to be in attendance today and/or tonight, so we wish them a wonderful and inspirational experience!
Tiffany
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dove

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 08:51:55 AM »

Thanks Pamela for starting this thread. Can't wait to hear all about it and hope our maniacs here have a wonderful memorable time. Fingers crossed for clack of his speeches, preformances and can't wait to see the pictures. I'll be here later at the cellcert.  

Rest in peace our Angels Janet, Carol, Liz, Julie, Kris, Debi and JJ. Angel We miss you and you are in our hearts always I will love and support Clay always and forever. Proud to be a Claymaniac. 
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2005, 09:08:41 AM »

THIS JUST IN FROM THE CLAYBOARD...

He came about 11:20 and stayed about 30 minutes or more. He was wearing a Best Buddies T shirt. They said he's an angel. He talked to as many people as possible. Very hands on. Shovelled mulch with on of the kids. Also said he turned the reporters to mush. ( I'd have to see that to believe it. But I sure like the way it sounds.) They said it was an amazing experience.

I'm so happy for them. I'm so glad there were fans to report. I know they all respected his time with the kids

PLEASE LET THERE BE SOME NEW FRESH CLACK SOON!!

LOVE YA

PHILLY
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2005, 09:44:04 AM »

FOUND MORE INFO ON THE CLAYBOARD...

asked about his hair. They said it was clean. Very funny.

Natural hair, glasses, no hat. They said he looked like a really cute nerd. I took that to mean he wasn't worried about how he looked. He really tried to speak to everyone. Also mentioned how someone taking pictures (not a fan) kept saying "This is so cool. This is so cool."

I couldn't find my glasses so there's probably a million typos. I apologize in advance.

***PLEASE LET THERE BE FRESH CLACK!!****
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2005, 10:01:44 AM »

MORE FROM THE CLAYBOARD...

I have no computer skills but if the pictures are any good I'll try to get a friend help me post them.

Clay (armed with his laptop) was with Jerome, Nick, Mary and Quianna.

ARMED WITH A LAPTOP? HMM, THIS SOUNDS INTERESTING..:hmm

LOVE YA

PHILLY
Tiffany
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dove

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2005, 11:01:41 AM »

Clay's speech this afternoon.

IT IS AN HONOR TO BE HERE

4 KINDS OF PEOPLE

NEED CAREGIVERS
CAREGIVERS
WILL BE CAREGIVERS

HE IS TALKING ABOUT AARP,, HE SOUNDS WONDERFUL

MORE CAREGIVERS ARE WOMEN,,
69 % OF CAREGIVERS WORK FULL TIME WHILE ALSO BEING A CAREGIVER

DISCUSSING CHALLENGES OF CAREGIVING
WHO IS PREPARED TO BE A CAREGIVER...
HE IS TELLING STATS OF CAREGIVERS

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HIS VOICE IS WONDERFUL

RECOGNIZING YOUR OWN STRENTHS AND LIMITATIONS
HE'S GOING TO SHARE WITH HOW TO DEAL WITH THAT

EVERYONE IS CLAPPING

HAVE A POSTIVE ATTITUDE
KNOW YOURSELF AND KNOW YOUR LIMITATIONS
WHAT ARE MY LIMITS
ASSURE YOUR IN CONTROL.
YOU NEED SOMEONE TO BE PROACTIVE FOR YOU
PROACTIVE IS A PART OF KNOWING THOSE LIMITATIONS
BE PREPARED
LEARN ABOUT RESOURCES , LEARN ABOUT SUPPORT GROUPS

I'M CRYING RIGHT NOW, I AM SO HAPPPY TO JUST BE HEARING HIM TALK,, UGH.. SORRY

ASKING FOR HELP IS A CRITICAL THING TO DO
ESTABLIGHING COMMUNITY RESOURCES, THE COMMUNITY SHOULD CREATE RESOURCES FOR CAREGIVERS
CONTINUING EDUCATION

RESEARCH THAT BACKS THIS UP

TOO HARD TO DO IN COLOR AND KEEP UP,, SORRY,

IT IS IMPORTANT TO INCREASE AWARENESS, PUBLIC SUPPORT, AWARENESS IS THE KEY TO STRENGTH. CAREGIVER MAGAZINE, THIS WILL EFFECT YOU EVERYDAY, YOU ARE CREATING AWARENESS BY BEING HERE TODAY.
THAT IS STRENGTH EACH OTHER AND THE COMMUNITY, I THANK YOU ALL I THANK YOU FOR BEING HERE TODAY, THANK YOU FOR THE WORK YOU DO TAKE CARE GOD BLESS YOU
CLAPPING

Rest in peace our Angels Janet, Carol, Liz, Julie, Kris, Debi and JJ. Angel We miss you and you are in our hearts always I will love and support Clay always and forever. Proud to be a Claymaniac. 
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2005, 11:24:10 AM »

Thank you Tiffany....heavy sigh

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2005, 11:29:33 AM »

Thank you Philly and Tiffany!

I just spoke with Bocaqueen and she and Flakey and everyone else are having a wonderful time!  They were at the conference.  They said Clay spoke for 11 minutes.  He looked very dignified and spoke very well and with passion.  He was funny of course!  He was wearing a dark suit, white shirt and green tie.  And cowboy boots.  And no socks.

Why am I not surprised?  

Even so, they said he reminded them of an executive.  A CEO perhaps. He was presented with some kind of award at the end of his speech, and the woman who presented it said "this is for all the fans" then gave him a BIG hug.  Loud screams and applause of course!  They said Clay was bright red.

They met Diane Bubel already today and said she was incredibly open and friendly.   Previously, permission had been given by Fran for them to present our donation check to Diane this evening.  Diane confirmed that it will happen, and hopefully it will be covered by the local media.  They already have some pictures, can't wait to see them!

I'm so happy everyone in attendance is having a good time, getting to spend time with friends, and will be able to see Clay again this evening.

Thanks again to everyone (and that includes all you wonderful lurkers) who contributed to our BAF fundraiser.  Everything about this is good, and it's all because of you.

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2005, 12:13:38 PM »

Photos by PlatinumClay at the CB.
Tiffany
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dove

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2005, 12:58:27 PM »

Thanks Pamela. Glad they are having a great time and that's so cool Fran can give him the BAF check from us.   Suit Clay looks so gorgeous.Have to see these boots.  

This is a site that has an mp3 of Clay's speech. It's hard to hear some things but he sounds wonderful. It's an amazing speech.

http://www.intriguedbyclay.com/

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2005, 01:20:25 PM »

Those photos...

<dies>

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
houstonclayfan
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2005, 01:33:12 PM »

Quote from: Moonshot
Those photos...  <dies>

Will this revive you ?

Thanks to Invisible926 at the CB for the photos
houstonclayfan
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2005, 01:34:18 PM »

Tiffany
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dove

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2005, 01:36:54 PM »

More pictures and the boots. Flame

stargazer
Claymaniac

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2005, 02:55:36 PM »

HE IS SUCH A GREAT PERSON.

AND THAT SMILE, THAT GORGEOUS SMILE

THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR  WORK

THIS IS A GREAT THREAD.

LIKE FINE WINE CLAY IMPROVES WITH AGE
BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2005, 03:16:04 PM »

OMGoodness!!  I was in need of some fresh clack today!

He looks amazing and SO happy!  

I'm excited that Boca and Flakey will be able to present the check to Diane Bubel tonight!!

Thanks to those of you who brought over the information.

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2005, 03:35:41 PM »

Quote from: houstonclayfan
Those photos...  <dies>

Will this revive you ?

Holy Freaking Gah!

I...am...now...gone.

thud

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2005, 04:02:08 PM »

Quote from: houstonclayfan
Those photos...  <dies>

Will this revive you ?

Holy Freaking Gah!

I...am...now...gone.

thud

Moonshot you took the words right out of my mouth!!!! Smack

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
Tiffany
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dove

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2005, 04:49:59 PM »

According to the Clayboard, Clay just arrived and they are about to eat. Wearing the same suit I think as earier today.

Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2005, 04:58:50 PM »

Fresh Clack!

Aren't they the most beautiful words in the English language?The pictures are definately great. A big thank you to all of the Clack gatherers.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 24 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx