gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:37:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 263
Total: 263

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AI4 week of 4/11 Discussion and Spoilers  (Read 48964 times)
karen28
UltimateFan

A "Perfect Day" is every day I listen to Clay!!

« Reply #560 on: April 15, 2005, 07:13:27 AM »

There are tons of rockin' song selections within the Broadway genre, and more that could be probably be sung that way.
 I think Pamela said they could only choose from 10 musicals, and they were very limited.  All tried to make the best of it, but it was not my favorite night for any of them.  I wonder how Bo would have sounded doing "My Funny Valentine" instead of Constantine??  That would have been very interesting and fun!!!  I agree that there must've been a song in 10 musicals that would've been more appealing than the one Bo chose.
The contestants this season have had the broadest of categories to choose from. There has been no disco night, Barry Manilow night or Bee Gees night. They have had whole decades from which to choose or, in the case of this week, whole years - with the exception of Broadway night. They have been able to choose any song, any style, any artist.
 How very true, I've noticed this myself.  It's my opinion that AI wooed these rockers, at least that's the take I got on Constantine, with Ryan talking to "Betty" members  early on.  I think they wanted an edge this year, AI was getting boring (AI3).  So these may be some concessions they made in order to keep them.  Also, I noticed no big mansion this year; they have apartments  instead.  That may be part of the "deal," too.  But it's working....I care about the show this year, and anticipate watching every week, as long as Bo and Constantine are still in it!!

Baby Dust I LOVE AND SUPPORT CLAY ~ FOREVER AND UNCONDITIONALLY!!!  Baby Dust
clay_fan_20
« Reply #561 on: April 15, 2005, 09:24:53 AM »

Quote from: Jeannette
Monica--I'll be voting for Bo, a lot!  This week I voted 105 times for Bo, took 28 minutes, so I should be able to vote about 400 times next week.

I think maybe some of Bo's fans got a little complacent, like me, since they're always telling him he's going to be in the finals, etc.  I think next week they're going to vote a lot!

Also, when they went from background tracks to a live band, all the singers were hurt by it, but especially Bo and Anthony--they have the kind of voices that just don't carry over a drownout band.  Constantine is doing well with the live band because he has the kind of voice that carries,  even though he can't compare to Bo as a singer, and his acting and charisma helped him.  

Bo's troubles started when they went to the live band--let's hope he can overcome the problem and give another one of his star performances next time !

Great vote vote and vote for me!!, and that will show the people over there that vote for Bo to not get to confident because anything can happen! thank god he didn't leave!

i think the live band has always been there, since the semi finals, and Bo is very used to sing with a live band, he is in one!! lol (sugarmoney.net this is his band site)

As for his making excuses for himself during Broadway night - no one else did. This is what I mean about getting the feeling his heart is not into this competition. He should take whatever is thrown at him and run with it, make the best of it and show his talent, style and versatility. Instead we get "if I can't sing it my way then I don't give a damn". There are tons of rockin' song selections within the Broadway genre, and more that could be probably be sung that way. His heart was not into it that night because it wasn't what he wanted to do.

I don't think he has made excuses, he clearly said this wasn't his thing, end of story, but at least he tried, wasn't his best but it wasn't the worst, usually the worst of Bo is the best of some of the other contestants.

i also think that is not that his heart is not in the competition, i can't talk for him because i don't know him but as far as i can see i feel that he doesn't take himself too seriously and that he knows that if he loses is not the end of the world for him, and i don't see anything wrong with that, he does the best he can but if america doesn't chooses him what can he do, sit down and cry? no he will go back to what he loves that is play and do music.
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #562 on: April 15, 2005, 04:14:17 PM »

Quote from: karen28
I think they wanted an edge this year, AI was getting boring (AI3).  So these may be some concessions they made in order to keep them.  Also, I noticed no big mansion this year; they have apartments  instead.  That may be part of the "deal," too.  But it's working....I care about the show this year, and anticipate watching every week, as long as Bo and Constantine are still in it!!

Well said, Karen.  I couldn't agree more!  I love the different feel this year, and I look forward to Tuesdays.

And about Bo, don't mistake control of emotions for absence of them.  In the earlier episodes his nervousness showed clearly on his face.  But as he's gotten more used to performing and dealing with Wednesday nights (and I don't give a damn who you are, that HAS to be nerve-racking and an ulcer waiting to happen), he's gained more poise and control over his reactions.

If you really listen to Bo, what he was saying was that he tried out on a whim, a challenge or bet from his mother, and probably never expected to make it in the first place.  So the fact that he's come as far as he has probably blows his mind as it is.

He's enjoyed the ride, he said.  I took that to mean he saw it all as an unexpected gift, and if it's going to end this week, then he'll go back to doing what he did and always loved before AI, happy with the memories he's made and no regrets, but not crying in his soup either because he never expected to be there in the first place.

I watch him sing, and I SEE emotion in his face, in his eyes.  So what I heard from him was gratitude and acceptance.

Because he's laid back and you have to stop and look for it, some people saw it as indifference and what they heard from him was lack of concern and disregard.

I guess this is a perfect example of the expression In the Eye of the Beholder ...

I don't know, it's all a matter of perception.  But I wish I looked at the world the way Bo seems to.  I'd be a lot less stressed out!  LOL

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

karen28
UltimateFan

A "Perfect Day" is every day I listen to Clay!!

« Reply #563 on: April 16, 2005, 08:15:22 AM »

LadyC, I feel exactly the same way about Bo.  I hope that others who at first thought he didn't care, will read your post and VOTE-VOTE-VOTE!!!  I think they all want to make it to top 3 or 4, it makes them a "winner" to get that far.  None of them are "losers," I don't mean that, but they'll be taken much more seriously by the industry if they make it farther than 8th place!  I think Bo knows this, and wants to stay!  He's just "cool" and "calm" about it.  I'll stop here because I love the way you worded everything, and can think of nothing to add!!! Not Worthy

Baby Dust I LOVE AND SUPPORT CLAY ~ FOREVER AND UNCONDITIONALLY!!!  Baby Dust
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx