gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:19:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 214
Total: 214

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AI4 week of 4/11 Discussion and Spoilers  (Read 48962 times)
clay_fan_20
« Reply #540 on: April 13, 2005, 08:24:29 PM »

Quote from: aikenseeker
Quote from: Pamela

But, Bo almost seemed resigned to leaving tonight; lending credence to the theory that he *wants* to go.  His attitude may truly cause people to stop voting for him, especially if they come to believe that's what he wants.  The thing is, when you have "fans" who want you to win because they believe you are in the competition to win, and you decide you don't want to win, then there is a good chance you are going to let them down.

I'm thinking that Bo really wants to stay but he was trying to be cool calm and collected. I think he really wants to stay but he didn't want to show everyone how truly shaken he was by the fact that he was in the bottom three.

I saw Mummy's car Pammy! I scolded her for going into work!!!!

you took the words out of my mouth! lol, i haven't watched this show, but from the opinions and the review, i still think, because i've watched bo a lot, he is very very laid back!, he always tries to be like controlled, calmed, i remember that thing when they went to the final 12, and were Constantine and Bo and they said Bo you go thru he was really calmed, i laugh at ir because if i was him i would scream lol.

and nadiaaaaaaa  Cry!  Cry!  she was my fav after bo and con, damn, people over there need to vote!!!!!!!!! lol and i understand people that are outraged by the results (in the ai forum) but i was like, this people have as favorite other person and don't really vote for those that are leaving, so why complain if they are not voting for that particular person. scott and anthony may be have a lot of fanatical fan base and that is why they are staying.
BOOOOO YOU HAVE TO WOW NEXT WEEK PLEASE!!!!!!!!!  Cry!  Cry!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #541 on: April 13, 2005, 09:09:44 PM »

Quote from: tessie
Thanks for the link Pamela.  I love his voice.  I thought I was too old to join a Clay fan club and now belong to many and give it no thought at all.  I guess I can join a rocker fan club too!

You're never too old to have fun.  Words to live by!
And that's all this is right?  
Works for me!
Misha
« Reply #542 on: April 13, 2005, 10:28:51 PM »

Would you like to know what I noticed?  Usually, Ryan says that the two left have the lowest number of votes.

Didn't hear that tonight.  I am thinking that in truth, Bo was in the bottom three, but he wasn't in the bottom two.  They simply did that for the drama.

But thank goodness this happened.  Look at the posts already.  People are pledging already to vote more for Bo.  He won't be in the bottom three for a while now.  And now that Nadia is gone, well... Scott and Anthony's days are truly numbered.  I just can't see next week not having one of those two leaving.  But we shall see.
clay_fan_20
« Reply #543 on: April 13, 2005, 11:09:04 PM »

this is a horrible thing that i'm gonna say but i can't keep it to myself lol

all the fan bases should unite and vote for everyone but Scott and anthony lol

ok now i feel awful, lol
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #544 on: April 13, 2005, 11:18:06 PM »

I had a feeling Bo would be in the bottom three tonight.  When I was voting last night, I never had a problem getting through, so I knew that could mean trouble.  But, thankfully he wasn't the one to leave.  I think this competion would not be the same without him.   So everybody that wants him to stay, needs to vote, and vote a lot next week.
tessie
« Reply #545 on: April 14, 2005, 12:11:35 AM »

So everybody that wants him to stay, needs to vote, and vote a lot next week.

OK
cjrmax
« Reply #546 on: April 14, 2005, 10:14:07 AM »

I suspect it may be Nadia to go this week, but I am almost never right.

That is my own quote!  WOW!  I was actually right for a change!!  

I was NOT surprised by the bottom three.  Sorry all you Bo fans, but he deserved to be there, IMO.  He was not good Tuesday.  He was not good last week.  He was not good the week before.  He has become boring and predictable.  And, as others have pointed out, he doesn't appear to really want this thing.  He may be laid back, but there is something in his attitude that makes it seem as if he's just going throught the motions.  I almost expect to hear one day that he only entered on a dare and never planned on getting this far and really could care less if he gets any further.  I liked him in the beginning, but not anymore.

That said, SCOTT SHOULD HAVE GONE BEFORE ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!  

I had a feeling Nadia would go because she has been losing ground each week and she doesn't strike me as someone with enough charisma or personality to have garnered a strong devoted fan base.  Of course, I can't figure out how Scott has done that, but that's another story.

IMO, I think Anthony should have gone last week.  He was, as Simon said, hiddeous last week.  Nikko was much, much better.  But Anthony was better than Bo, Scott or Nadia this week - and he does for some reason I again cannot understand, have a strong fan base that will get him over his all too often bad performances.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling both Scott and Anthony are likely to be around longer than most of us seem to want them to be.  Scott SHOULD go first, but truth be told, I think this is a wide open ball game this year.  I doubt Scott or Anthony will win (Anthony might have a slightly better chance because he's not creepy), but who goes next week may actually depend on who gives the worst performance.

Now that would be a change, wouldn't it!
breezy
« Reply #547 on: April 14, 2005, 10:23:46 AM »

For those of you who DO appreciate Scott's voice you will enjoy the interview Paula did with Hall&Oates  (Paula's Idol website).  They not only thought Scott's rendition of their song was great but went on to say they thought he had the best voice and was their favorite!  They also loved meeting Scott and his Mom before the show.  Sounded like they had a real connection.  Isn't it interesting that Hall&Oates appreciated Scott singing the two parts (the original was a duet) and noted that he really took off in the higher register.  And what did Simon say to Scott that night?: "you hit more bum notes than."....geez, what a manipulative, lying jerk he is!  

Even if you don't like Scott,  you'll have to admit that Simon is using the same rotten tactics with him that he did with Clay.  At the end he was able to get Clay voted off....and he'll probably succeed again with Scott.

THIS KIND OF CRAP REALLY MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL!
Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #548 on: April 14, 2005, 11:08:28 AM »

LATE AGAIN, AS USUAL (ON THE THREAD, THAT IS)

FIRST TIME I HAVE EVER BEEN SOOOOOO NERVOUS OVER A VOTING!!

WHEN "MY" CONSTANTINE WAS STANDING AND RYAN WAS GOING TO SAY THAT HE WAS--------, I JUST ABOUT HAD A CORONARY.

AND HE WAS SAFE,            
I THINK I MUST HAVE SHOUTED OR SOMETHING BECAUSE MY 2 CATS CAME RUNNING IN TO SEE WHAT HAPPENED.

HOWEVER THE REST OF THE SHOW WAS
shocking  shocking  shocking  shocking  shocking  shocking
  :duh  :duh  :duh  :duh  :duh  :duh  :duh  :duh  :duh  :duh  :duh  :duh  :duh

JUST THINK; IF SCOTT WINS THE AMERICAN IDOL, WHAT WILL HAPPEN???
 NO ONE WILL EVER WATCH THE SHOW AGAIN.
 I WON'T. HE NEEDS AN ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT. :mad

SORRY LORRAINE BUT I JUST LOVE CONSTANTINE.  Clapping  Clapping   FORGIVE ME????

DO NOT THINK NADIA SHOULD HAVE GONE. I LIKE HER. I THINK BO IS NOT CONSISTENT ENOUGH.
CARRIE, PUT YOUR FEMININE CLOTHES BACK ON AND STOP SHAKING YOUR HIPS. IT IS OUT OF CHARACTER.

AND I LIKE ANTHONY, WHOOPS, HERE COMES THOSE TOMATOS, IN BUNCHES, SPLAT!!!!!! eek!  eek!  eek!  eek!  eek!

JAN

Because of you, I am confident enough to say that there is a better day on the way, even when I cannot see it.
cjrmax
« Reply #549 on: April 14, 2005, 11:46:36 AM »

And what did Simon say to Scott that night?: "you hit more bum notes than."....geez, what a manipulative, lying jerk he is!

Even if you don't like Scott, you'll have to admit that Simon is using the same rotten tactics with him that he did with Clay. At the end he was able to get Clay voted off....and he'll probably succeed again with Scott.

THIS KIND OF CRAP REALLY MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL!

Simon was NOT the only one who said that.  I believe Randy said essentially the same thing and many of the reviews I have read on other non-AI broads have said the same thing. Just because you disagree doesn't mean that Simon or anyone else is a "manipulative, lying jerk". Hall & Oates could have just been being nice, you know! I am sorry, but I had to TOTALLY agree with Simon on this one.

As to the "rotten" tactics Simon allegedly used on Clay - he didn't use any.  I have just finished watching all of AI2 again and try as I might I saw no evidence of this.  He didn't like some of Clay's performances - neither did I.  He was no more harsh on him than on anyone else.  And at the end, Simon said he thought Clay's performance of BOTW should win him the competition so if anything he tried to influence people to vote FOR Clay, not against him.

Let's face it - most seem to think Scott has a decent voice but has been very inconsistent and often off key.  Many more just can't stand him because he is creepy and scary.  I have yet to find anyone who actually ever thought he had the voice, stage presence or personality to win this competition.  Simon doesn't need to use any "rotten" tactics to get Scott voted off.  IMO, Scott has already lasted far longer than his talent would warrant.  In time, the cream usually rises to the top and I just don't think that means Scott.
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #550 on: April 14, 2005, 12:22:57 PM »

Bo's fans have gotta vote...look what happened to LaToya last year!  I'm guilty, didn't vote....

Scott has already lasted far longer than his talent would warrant. In time, the cream usually rises to the top and I just don't think that means Scott.
Yep, I agree...

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

clay_fan_20
« Reply #551 on: April 14, 2005, 01:48:43 PM »

Quote from: Her
Bo's fans have gotta vote...look what happened to LaToya last year!  I'm guilty, didn't vote....

awwww i'm so frustrated!!! i can't voteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

there must be a softwar or something that allows me to vote, there must beee, some pc phone software that allows me to call to the US as a local #

*runs to google it* lol
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #552 on: April 14, 2005, 02:52:58 PM »

Hi ladies and others  sorry I wasn't here for the party! I got home late and I just HAD to call Deanna and check on her. Did you see her car in the Soap Box thread?!?! Lord and Taylor! She said she's fine but I think she will be sore tomorrow, bless her heart.

to Ms. P for calling to check on me!! But, I also missed the party. Wink FYI: I am a little sore today. Laughing

I am thinking Drama, Drama, Drama makes good ratings and that the producers and record label are well aware that Bo's votes will increase now.  

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
karen28
UltimateFan

A "Perfect Day" is every day I listen to Clay!!

« Reply #553 on: April 14, 2005, 04:39:46 PM »

Pamela said,
His performances for the past couple of weeks have not been as dynamic as previous ones; fans have noticed it, the media has noticed it and the judges have noticed it.

Simon had been hard on him for the last 3 performances.  To me, Bo's performance 3 weeks ago was the most charismatic, and the best vocal he's done.  He wasn't laid back at all, I felt he gave it his all!!  Anyone else love his performance of "Remedy??"  I play that MP3 the most, and he sounds better on that song than any other song he's done so far IMHO. Musical week wasn't my favorite but he sounded pretty good until the last note.  But I thought Free Bird was great.

Randy and Paula have loved every performance as I recall; Simon has hit on his song choices mainly, has acted like he never heard of "Free Bird" and "Remedy."  Yet he says he's been in the business for 30 years?! :duh

Baby Dust I LOVE AND SUPPORT CLAY ~ FOREVER AND UNCONDITIONALLY!!!  Baby Dust
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #554 on: April 14, 2005, 05:38:35 PM »

Frankly, I really feel for the contestants.  No matter what they do, somebody has a beef with it.  Everybody's a critic.  Let's use Carrie Underwood for an example.

She auditions and sounds great.  She's from a farm and comes across as the sweet little farmer's daughter.  Beautiful, but innocent.

So as the competition begins she's pegged as the country singer.  She sings country-type songs, and the judges begin to tell her she's losing her spark, her "star quality" or "X Factor", and she needs to stop playing it safe and take risks.

So, she chooses a song that's a little more challenging.  Another Piece of My Heart, the Faith Hill version which apparently the judges who can't stop telling us how much they know about music have never heard of.  She does a beautiful job, but they tell her that she needs to stay closer to her country girl image and not try to be Janice Joplin.

Right after they'd told her to take risks.

They go on and on about the need for themes to show the versatility of the contestants.  So, taking that to heart, over the course of a few weeks Carrie does songs by Heart, Martina Mc Bride, and Pat Benatar.

And Simon tells her she reminds him of a kitten trying to be a tiger.

I don't know if the sweet little farm girl image is necessarily the one she wants, or they one they're painting her with.  I can't think of a single time that the judges haven't referred to it in some way when critiquing her.

People were saying she was boring, no personality on stage.  Too sweet.  Too safe.  So she comes out and rocks it.  Now people are saying, "Go back to the way you were before.  The sexy look is not you."

Either way - somebody's pissing and moaning.

This drove me absolutely NUTS during AI2 with Josh Gracin.  Simon continually said snide things to him about being the country singer.  "I thought you'd decided you're the country star, Joshua.  And now this.  You need to decide who you are.  Why are you changing now?"

Uh ... cuz it's freakin' BARRY MANILLOW NIGHT?!?!?!?   :duh

And, gee ... I just can't recall the last time I heard Garth Brooks or Tim McGraw belt out a Barry Manillow ballad.

They're damned if they do, and they're damned if they don't - so they may as well just stay as true to themselves as they can and perform songs that they're proud of.

I think they're all gutsy as hell.  I'd have taken out a small town from a tower somewhere by now.  LOL

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #555 on: April 14, 2005, 05:57:30 PM »

I AM VOTEING FOR CLAY, END OF DISSUSION.LOL

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #556 on: April 14, 2005, 06:40:10 PM »

Quote from: Glory
I AM VOTEING FOR CLAY, END OF DISSUSION.LOL

LOL!!   Not Worthy

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

Jeannette
Bo
« Reply #557 on: April 15, 2005, 04:14:49 AM »

Monica--I'll be voting for Bo, a lot!  This week I voted 105 times for Bo, took 28 minutes, so I should be able to vote about 400 times next week.

I think maybe some of Bo's fans got a little complacent, like me, since they're always telling him he's going to be in the finals, etc.  I think next week they're going to vote a lot!

Also, when they went from background tracks to a live band, all the singers were hurt by it, but especially Bo and Anthony--they have the kind of voices that just don't carry over a drownout band.  Constantine is doing well with the live band because he has the kind of voice that carries,  even though he can't compare to Bo as a singer, and his acting and charisma helped him.  

Bo's troubles started when they went to the live band--let's hope he can overcome the problem and give another one of his star performances next time !
karen28
UltimateFan

A "Perfect Day" is every day I listen to Clay!!

« Reply #558 on: April 15, 2005, 05:59:35 AM »

Misha said:
Would you like to know what I noticed? Usually, Ryan says that the two left have the lowest number of votes.

Didn't hear that tonight. I am thinking that in truth, Bo was in the bottom three, but he wasn't in the bottom two. They simply did that for the drama.

That makes me feel so much better!!!  I'll bet you're right.  

cjrmax said:
I was NOT surprised by the bottom three. Sorry all you Bo fans, but he deserved to be there, IMO. He was not good Tuesday. He was not good last week. He was not good the week before. He has become boring and predictable. And, as others have pointed out, he doesn't appear to really want this thing.
 I disagree with you abut the "week before."  That was the week he did "Remedy," and I think he was going all out on that performance, trying different things in order to stand out, like Fantasia did last year.  Musical week, I don't think there was a song among the 10 musicals that he thought would be outstanding with his voice, so he said he just pointed to one and crossed his fingers.  That was sort of an apology in advance to his fans who love the "rocker" IMO.  I happened to like "Free Bird," but wish he hadn't done the jump at the end, to me it was not that kind of song.  But I'll forgive him!!!  BO STILL GETS MY VOTE!  The difference is, I've been voting all along for several, just to try to keep the ones in that I find entertaining.  I voted for Anwar, Vonzell, Constantine and mostly Bo last week. This week, I don't think Constantine will need my help!  I will be voting for only Bo.  I still hope Constantine will stay in till the end, because I've been enjoying him immensely!! Yes!

Baby Dust I LOVE AND SUPPORT CLAY ~ FOREVER AND UNCONDITIONALLY!!!  Baby Dust
cjrmax
« Reply #559 on: April 15, 2005, 07:01:42 AM »

Bo's troubles started when they went to the live band--let's hope he can overcome the problem and give another one of his star performances next time !

Bo is used to performing with his own live band and I would bet a live rock band is not a quiet little quartet!  His voice CAN carry over a live band.  That is how he is used to singing.

As for his making excuses for himself during Broadway night - no one else did.  This is what I mean about getting the feeling his heart is not into this competition.  He should take whatever is thrown at him and run with it, make the best of it and show his talent, style and versatility.  Instead we get "if I can't sing it my way then I don't give a damn".  There are tons of rockin' song selections within the Broadway genre, and more that could be probably be sung that way.  His heart was not into it that night because it wasn't what he wanted to do.

The contestants this season have had the broadest of categories to choose from.  There has been no disco night, Barry Manilow night or Bee Gees night.  They have had whole decades from which to choose or, in the case of this week, whole years - with the exception of Broadway night.  They have been able to choose any song, any style, any artist.  This hasn't been that true in the past and may be because you have rockers and country girls that are favorites and they are trying to make it easier for them.  But in the end, this show has always been about showing versatility, being able to handle more than one style, to be able to sing with a backing track or a live band or an orchestra.  Thus far, Bo has not demonstrated his willingness to do any of that.  Is he capable?  My guess is that he is.  He has a good voice.  But if he is unwilling to play the game he shouldn't have entered to begin with.

I don't think Bo is going anywhere soon.  This close call will likely energize his considerable fan base.  Will he win?  I used to think he could, but while others seem to be gaining momentum, he seems to be losing it.  There is still a lot of time to turn that around, but only he is in charge of that happening.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx