gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:10:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 446
Total: 446

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: American Idol 4 News and Information  (Read 25515 times)
mainer
« Reply #120 on: July 11, 2005, 04:00:53 AM »

It is terrific to see Jon Stevens CD selling anything, with so little publicity.  I haven't had a chance to buy it yet, but shall do so.  Jon has the advantage of coming out with his CD a year after his participation on Idol (same as Kelly Clarkson, although she also got primetime coverage on Idol and related celebrity shows -- and had been the winner everyone was waiting for).

Corey's numbers are very disappointing, in light of the high quality of his CD, but not surprising.  There has been a concerted effort to boycott him, spurred on by Idol's and SNL's spoofs of him, and loyalty to Paula Abdul.  I, for one, believe Corey has told the truth about Idol and Paula (phone recprds and evidence, witnesses, the fact that she withdrew on her threat to sue because she knows he has evidence, the fact that her lawyers couldn't say he lied about the alleged affair -- but could only say he was a liar, etc.etc.).  Fox is now investigating his claims, but I don't expect much from Fox if the truth does not serve their interest..

Abdul hit and run, was sued by a back-up singer for taking credit for tracks that the back-up singer had actually sung, etc., etc.  Paula is a proven liar, herself -- a pragmatist of self-serving intentions.  Corey appears to be telling the truth.  He has been portrayed as a kiss and teller, although his book goes into only sufficent detalil to prove his case to those who accuse him of lying.  His fans have no problem understanding that he would want to set the record straight re him and Idol, prior to releasing his first CD.  

Because Corey's deal with Curb was pulled, allegdly under Idol's instigation,  Corey's CD did not come out the year after his participation in AI2, but instead the year after that -- when many have forgotten about him, and when the impact of Paula's TV persona looms large and present and is more real then the reality of her character.

Please, do the truth a favor, consider that the whistleblower may be the truth teller and not the liar, and -- if you are an eclectic music lover -- listen to Corey's CD.  It may not be your thing, but it is surprisingly good.

I'm going to post a post, "Why did Curb Curb Corey?" later today or later this week -- but for now, I must run.  Many of us feel that Idol and Paula (by having her lawyers label Clark as a liar, by having him and his parents mocked without coming to his defense)  have done this emerging talent, whom she allegedly inititally wanted to help and promote (or was that just a ruse for seduction?)--  considerable harm.
clayistheway
Claymaniac

« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2005, 12:05:06 PM »

Does anyone know what the sales have been like for the American Idol 4 tour?  As far as I know, Season 2 has been the most successful thus far.  Is that correct?  Does anyone know the order of success for all four seasons (in order of monies earned)?

Another question, has anyone gone to this years tour?  If so, how was it?

\"When was the last time you looked at a young person with a disability as someone who could help you as opposed to someone who needed help?\" -- Clay Aiken
The amazingly talented, sexy young man who is Clay Aiken!!!!!
claymate1546
« Reply #122 on: August 18, 2005, 08:27:43 PM »

THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!!!!! The only other tour I went to was gee, season 2! lol but this year I had to feed my Constantine obsession! The show was awesome, just like season 2.

It started a bit late, maybe around 7:20 and I think the place was sold out or very very close to it. Jessica opened the show with "The Boys are Back in Town" and she was so much fun to watch. Actually very tiny, and what a powerhouse voice! She sang "Shop Around" next and she really did a wonderful job of starting the show and getting people into it. Anwar came out next and sang "A House is Not a Home" He dedicated it to Luther and it was very pretty. He then sang "What a Wonderful World" and man does he have a voice! Beautiful voice, just so clear. He didn't really energize the place, only because hes more of a "gentle soul" but he had everyone feeling the music. He did a wonderful job. At this point, I was pretty much a wreck because I knew what was coming next. Yep, my Constantine!!!!! AHHH the place went NUTS. It made me so happy! He came out singing "Hard to Handle" and absolutely just rocked the place. Everyone jumped to their feet and were dancing. He was all over the place, with the microphone stand, head banging, it was so much fun to watch, you could tell he was just having a ball up there. Then he dedicated "My Funny Valentine" to all the ladies in the place (swoon!) and he just sounded so awesome. (I know, I'm so biased  Smile) Then he sang "Bohemian Rhapsody" and the only time since I saw Clay, I felt like I was in the room with someone who was BIG. Anything people have said about him not being able to sing, forget it. His voice is amazing, it was HUGE! He got a standing O on that one, and I was just freaking out! Sadly, he had to leave the stage (grr what is wrong with these people!) but another fave of mine, Nikko, came out next. He came out singing "Incomplete" looking very hot and smooooooooth. His voice sounded great. He threw his hat into the audience and I swear girls almost got into a fight over it!  lmao He then told us he "felt like dancing" and sang "Part Time Lover." He sounded perfect, and had us dancing once again. Then he said he "really felt like dancing" and sang Justin Timberlake's "Like I Love You" OMG THE BOY CAN DANCE LIKE USHER! Wow he totally won over everyone. He does a mean robot! Nikko was FINE. Then he introduced "Scotty the Body Savol" Now let me tell you, Scott was my least favorite on the show this year. But he did a wonderful job in concert and was LOL funny. He told us he wanted to dance, but didn't want to break the stage. He sang "Against All Odds" and then brought out Miss Jessica Sierra to sing "Total Eclipse of the Heart" Their duet was one of the most amazing things I've ever heard. It just kept building and building until they both just let loose and it was incredible. Jessica went home wayyy too early. Jessica was gorgeous in a cute pink dress, but then she left and Scott sang "She's Gone". After Scott was Nadia, and the girl can rock! She sang "Power of Love" and she is the next Tina Turner! she had on a sort of army looking dress and after that song, she ripped it off to reveal a short black dress. She sang "You Don't Have to Say You Love Me" and sounded just great. Then she sang the Jimi Hendrix song "Fire" and played a little guitar. She was awesome. There was about a 30 minute intermission and then it opened with Anwar on the keyboard. He sang "Superstitious" and then Miss Vonzell came out and sang a little of "Karma". Boy did she look gorgeous! She had on this long silk bright yellow gown. She sang "Best of My Love" , "I Have Nothing, and one more I cannot recall. She sounded great, just is such a sweetheart! Then she introduced Anthony, who came out singing "Everytime You Go Away." WOW! Easily wins the "most improved" award. He looked adorable, sang flawlessly, went down into the audience, touched hands, gave hugs. He sang "Can You Stop the Rain" and a Marc Anthony song "I've Got You" and um wow, he can do a mean latin booty-shake! He was so cute, just touched by how many people were there cheering for him. He kept saying "oh my gosh, thank you, oh my gosh" which caused everyone to stand up and cheer for him for a few more minutes. It was awesome. Being our hometown boy, we definitely gave him a nice welcome. He introduced Bo (before he broke his foot) and boy was he a wildman! Sang "I Don't Wanna Be" and was running all over the place. He asked if anyone had bought his single, met by loud cheers, and then sang "Vehicle" which had everyone dancing! Next he brought the house down when he sang "Sweet Home Alabama" (who doesn't love that song?!) He introduced us to our American Idol, Carrie Underwood. Carrie looked cute in her jeans, cowboy hat, and plaid shirt. You could tell she was really trying hard with the whole stage presence thing. She's adorable, and definitely can sing. She came out singing "Sin Wagon" then totally rocked the place with "Alone" This is where you could see the improvement in her. Finally, she let loose and was all over the place, jumping, spinning, running. It was fun! She sang "Independence Day" and I swear her voice is so big she doesn't need a microphone. She finally sang "Inside Your Heaven" and at the end the other 9 came out like her gospel choir and sang backup. It was awesome. The lights went off, and some people started leaving, but we knew there was more. Carrie and Bo came out with their guitars and sang "God Bless the Broken Road." Although her voice kind of drowned his out a bit, it was very pretty. Again, the lights went off, but we stayed. In pairs, the Idols came out and sang "Lean on Me" Anthony and Constantine came out as a "pair" and I thought the roof would blow off the place it was so loud. They all sang "R.O.C.K in the USA" and then took bows, thanked everyone for coming, etc. They put on an amazing show. I was honestly a fan of all 10 when I left the place, such talent. It's a great show. Sorry this is so long!
Franny
Claylicious

« Reply #123 on: August 19, 2005, 10:31:59 AM »

Thanks for your review, great job... When it was in Hartford, it was pretty much the same thing. Large crowd who clapped and cheered loudly for each of them. There was a lot of talent on that stage that night. And no matter who your favorite was, they all gained the respect of the audience who enthusiastically showed their appreciation.

"The Keeper of Clay's Magic"
Just a little of "Clay to start my day" brings the sunshine, even along with the rain... It makes all the difference in the world.
I call it Clay's magic.

Prayers for JJ
mainer
« Reply #124 on: August 19, 2005, 11:21:50 AM »

Hey claymate 1546 -- I sure enjoyed your terrific review --  and I also just love Constantine -- Your commentary was so descrfiptive, I felt I could almost see them (and do I ever wish I could have heard them).  You are one wonderful reveiwer, and I hope you have many other critical opportunities ahead on claymaniacs -- you did just an awesome, excellent job of observation and appreciation of performances, performers, audience reactions -- welcome aboard, newbie.
claymate1546
« Reply #125 on: August 19, 2005, 08:19:30 PM »

thank you so much! happy to be here Smile I see Clay on the first, so hopefully I'll remember the details then too!
Char
« Reply #126 on: August 22, 2005, 05:59:37 AM »

Claymate 1456 hit a bull's eye with her review! The only AI tour I missed was the first one and this one was by far the best concert! In terms of attendance, last year was pretty pathetic. At the Savvis Center in St. Louis where I attend these shows, they barely sold 1/3 of the seats. This year- it was almost sold out! They had them packed into the upper (nose bleed) seats this year. And the new format of dropping the hokey group numbers in the second half was the best idea that they had yet! Instead, you were treated to a mini concert for each performer and they actually allowed the performers to play instruments this year! This made for a much more personal performance and it also showed the versatility of each of these talented muscicians. Each individual performer was fantastic- they picked songs that showcased their talent and I can honestly say that there was not one bad performance in the show!

- Char
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #127 on: September 09, 2005, 10:26:51 AM »

Hello Everyone!

I've been mia of late and I apologize but I wanted to start a new thread for all of you interested in the tour.

American Idol stars kept their fans happy
BY SAM MCDONALD
247-4732
September 8, 2005
For some in Norfolk, Sunday was devoted to Idol worship. The "American Idols Live!" tour stopped at Old Dominion University's Constant Convocation Center, allowing thousands of fans to hear the singers they had cheered and jeered so often on television. Could Carrie Underwood and her pals cut the mustard live? That's what we asked fans from the Peninsula who attended the concert.

Here's what they had to say.

Cathy Strock, 53, Newport News

The high points of the "American Idols Live!" concert Sunday night for me were at the beginning when Southern girl Jessica Sierra opened the show with energy, enthusiasm and great vocals, and again at the end with Southern girl Carrie Underwood and her commanding performances!

In between, there were great performances by Scott Savol (especially his duet with Jessica) Nadia Turner ( Miami, Fla.) and Anthony Fedorov.

I really enjoyed every one of the Idols. Each performer asked us how we were doing, and each got us up out of our seats singing and dancing and waving our hands, especially during a rousing sing-along of "Sweet Home Alabama" in tribute to the recovering Bo Bice.

Carrie Underwood came out wearing jeans and a T-shirt that read "Southern Girls Rock the World," and she sure did! Her strong and beautiful voice was showcased in her performances of the fun "Sin Wagon," the powerful "Independence Day," "Alone," (one of her favorite songs from the TV show) and of course her "American Idol" ballad, "Inside Your Heaven."

She encored with a beautiful rendition of "God Bless the Broken Road."

But it was as much her genuine smile that lit up the house, her down-to-earth ways, and her connection with the crowd that reminded us why she was the "American Idol" winner this year and showed us what a superstar this girl may be.

Claire Spitzer, 8, Poquoson

My first concert ever, the "American Idol Live!" tour, was even better than I imagined it would be. It was disappointing that Bo Bice could not be there, but I enjoyed the songs that the Idol cast sang for him, including "Sweet Home Alabama." Carrie Underwood was not as good as I had expected. She didn't have as much personality on stage as she had on the program. Someone liked her enough to toss her a stuffed Care Bear, though! Nikko's (Smith) dancing added a lot of action and fun. Jessica's performance was entertaining because she moved around a lot. Anthony gave lots of high fives, and Vonzell (Solomon) wore a bright yellow dress that was lively like her voice. I liked Constantine (Maroulis) the best! His music made people clap and dance. Speaking of that, someone dressed up like a Pop-Tart, the show's sponsor, was getting people to scream. It was cool getting free candy and Pop-Tarts from the sponsors!

It was great fun going to the Constant Center for my very first concert. Now, if I can only catch Hillary Duff somewhere soon, that would be the best!

Walter Williams, 53, Hampton

I did enjoy the show. There sure is a lot of talent in these folks. I think the show was lacking by not having an MC. Everyone kind of did their own thing. The show was very upbeat and entertaining. Carrie and Anthony by far had the best vocals. It was great to hear the notes that they could reach. WOW! Of course, Constantine stole the rock part of the show. He showed his great form and went from one side to the other making sure everyone was able to see him. And yes, the dancer was Nikko. I think we may be looking at the next Michael Jackson. Man, can he move.

Jennifer Johnson, 19, Hampton

Carrie and Nadia (Turner) were my favorites. They are heartfelt, and not afraid to cut loose and let go on stage. Scott and Anthony have no stage presence - and that's what carries a song. Watching everyone perform makes me want to be up there with them! Advice to Constantine: Waterproof eyeliner!

Laurie Golliher, 30, Hampton

Constantine, Nadia and Carrie were my favorites because they are energetic and look very professional on stage. They connect with the crowd. Anthony puts me to sleep because he does too many slow songs. I think they all did a lot better in person than on television.

Donna Page, 50, Hampton

I love Anthony. He has a beautiful voice and doesn't blow your eardrums out. I particularly liked it when he came down off the stage and sang to the crowd. The Spanish song he did was so beautiful. His voice just soared!

I love Vonzell's voice, and her dress was so beautiful! She has such excellent stage presence and she looked like she was floating on stage when she sang her songs. It was nice to see someone not wearing holes in their jeans! I think the show was very well produced.

Derrick Mertl, 30, Hampton

The American Idol concert turned out to be great! I was very impressed overall with most of the performances. There were a couple of "slow moments" that turned into bathroom or concession breaks, but for the most part, the concert grabs and keeps your attention. All the contestants did a good job but there were a couple performances that really stuck out, such as, Anwar's (Robinson) "Superstition," Scott and Jessica's duet, Constantine's "Bohemian Rhapsody" and every song that Carrie did! Needless to say, the show was worth the ticket price.

The Idols did a great job of working the stage and getting the crowd involved. This probably saved some performances. Overall, I left feeling satisfied and would return if the Idols came back to Hampton Roads.

Mary Mertl, 50, Yorktown

It was so exciting when they opened the show with the theme to "American Idol." I was on the edge of my seat! Constantine was one of my favorites of the night. His version of Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" blew me away. Constantine has this sexy, sultry, bad boy rocker attitude that I just love! Another favorite was when Jessica and Scott did a duet and sang "Total Eclipse of the Heart." They harmonized so well together it sent chills down my spine.

They all seemed to be so much more relaxed than when they were competing, especially Carrie. Unlike her statuesque performance on "American Idol," I felt Carrie radiated confidence and captivated the audience with her beautiful voice and newfound stage presence! I'm really glad she's loosened up more.

It was so much fun to be there with my friends, family and coworkers. That's why I love "American Idol" - it bridges the generation gap!

American Idol stars kept their fans happy

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
Franny
Claylicious

« Reply #128 on: September 10, 2005, 08:57:57 AM »

That's a really wonderful review Susie... thaks for sharing....

"The Keeper of Clay's Magic"
Just a little of "Clay to start my day" brings the sunshine, even along with the rain... It makes all the difference in the world.
I call it Clay's magic.

Prayers for JJ
clayistheway
Claymaniac

« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2005, 09:12:56 AM »

Thanks Claymate1546 and all of you for your reviews/posts.   I apologize Claymate 1546 that I hadn't thanked you sooner.  I think I was checking this post for awhile but hadn't gotten a response so I forgot about it and just ran across it today.   I, too, liked Constantine alot.  I was actually hoping for a Carrie/Constantine finale.   Thanks again for your very thorough review.  Although I've seen Clay in concert three times, I have never seen one of the AI concerts.  Thanks again.

\"When was the last time you looked at a young person with a disability as someone who could help you as opposed to someone who needed help?\" -- Clay Aiken
The amazingly talented, sexy young man who is Clay Aiken!!!!!
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #130 on: September 15, 2005, 09:51:01 AM »

Sept. 13, 2005, 8:41AM

American Idol tour ends with benefit for storm victims
Associated Press

SYRACUSE, N.Y. — American Idol winner Carrie Underwood, along with runner-up Bo Bice and the other eight Idol finalists closed their summer concert tour with a benefit for Hurricane Katrina relief.

Associated Press

SYRACUSE, N.Y. — American Idol winner Carrie Underwood, along with runner-up Bo Bice and the other eight Idol finalists closed their summer concert tour with a benefit for Hurricane Katrina relief.

The American Red Cross will benefit from Sunday's sold-out crowd of 6,000 that paid $35 to $45 for a seat at the War Memorial at Oncenter, as the Idols wound up a tour of 43 cities in 62 days.

"It's a very happy thing that we're doing to help people," Underwood said. "When (executive producer) Simon Fuller suggested the idea of putting on a special charity concert to help those in need, I and all the Idols on tour were happy to help."

Underwood, of Checotah, Okla., said she would donate the revenues from her merchandise sales at the benefit concert to the Humane Society of the United States to help pets stranded in the hurricane region

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/ae/3350130

AI Forum Moderator
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #131 on: September 15, 2005, 09:53:09 AM »

Cowell Contemplates 'Pop Idol' Movie
Wed, Sep 14, 2005, 09:09 AM PT

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com)- Simon Cowell has managed to milk the "Pop Idol" and "American Idol" franchises for an obscene amount of money, so certainly mere interlopers are in no position to warn the snarky talent evaluator when he's about to blunder. But seriously, before Cowell gives any more thought to a "Pop Idol" movie, he should really be forced to watch "From Justin to Kelly" on a continuous loop for 24 hours.

According to British media reports, though, Cowell is contemplating just such an ill-fated feature project.

Cowell, who probably occasionally works a day job as an executive at BMG Records, is plotting a movie about wannabe entertainers and the difficult path to fame.

"It will feature two people trying to make a name for themselves in the music industry and all the heartache that goes with it," Cowell tells the only-sometimes-reliable Sun newspaper. "One of the lead roles will be British, the other will be an international name."

Paula Abdul's third worst nightmare (make your own guesses on the other two) also tells The Sun that the movie could have a television tie-in component, offering one of the lead roles to an ordinary civilian. Thankfully, the project will doubtlessly begin over in England and unless it's successful, neither the hypothetical film nor the possible reality series will make its way across the pond.

"From Justin to Kelly" was released in 2003, well after Justin Guarini and Kelly Clarkson became relatively famous as the finalists on the first season of "American Idol." The movie fell short of making $5 million at the domestic box office (even short of its meager $12 million budget). It also generated a solid 91 percent "rotten" rating over at RottenTomatoes.com

http://www.zap2it.com/movies/news/story/0,1259,---26760,00.html

AI Forum Moderator
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx