gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:30:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 214
Total: 214

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: American Idol 4 News and Information  (Read 25512 times)
Franny
Claylicious

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2005, 08:13:43 AM »

Stellium, you are a very wonderful person for sticking up for Scott and taking an unpopular position. But, I have issues with this, too. Any man who treathens a women's safety even when it's used to show disapproval and not meant to cause serious harm, does harm to her spirit and sometimes the invisible scars are more harmful than the ones that are visible. It doesn't make Scott a bad man but a man who needs help in controlling these urges. Under any circumstances whatsover, these impulses should not be acted upon.

But also, pity for Scott, would be a better word than disdain. He is a child of God, and I pray that he has gotten beyond this one documented action and learned a lesson from it. I have seen that dark look in his eyes and unfortunately it is well known that the eyes are the picture of your soul. And that is why I worry about Scott and hope that this is not so, in this case. He has many supporters which speaks well for him. But hurting a woman is not acceptable no matter what.

"The Keeper of Clay's Magic"
Just a little of "Clay to start my day" brings the sunshine, even along with the rain... It makes all the difference in the world.
I call it Clay's magic.

Prayers for JJ
houstonclayfan
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2005, 08:25:31 AM »

Quote from: stellium

Scary that a person can get a police record on such minor things.

She would have had to call the police in order for them to act on it. I doubt that a policeman just happened to be a witness. No form of violence is a minor thing. Even if he didn't hit her with the phone, it was still a display of violence. Grabbing someone is also a violent act.   She thought about a restraining order so to her the incident wasn't minor. He was arrested and prosecuted. I think that it is scary that poeple get away with what they do.
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2005, 08:38:31 AM »

This morning, before reading any of the posts on this thread, I thought about Scott's arrest.  I agree with Misha and Christy, there is something very cold in Scott's eyes.  I'm wondering if Simon is in need of tighter security.  If looks could kill, Simon would be in trouble.  

I think Scott has a nice voice.  I know people don't like his looks, but I don't think that is a reason to kick him out of the competition.  However, I was discussing with a friend, the looks he gives Simon after Simon's comments.  I felt that Scott was not handling Simon's nasty comments well. (Clay seemed to laugh them off or at least give a smile)  Scott, well I not sure how to put this into words, there is just something about the look he gives Simon.  

Simon may want to tone down his nasty remarks.  Just a thought.
stellium
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2005, 08:55:46 AM »

I wonder if he has that same dark look in his eyes with his family,  his fiancee and son, at church,  with the people who like him at work?   Or does he have it on the show because he is sitting there with very little chance at winning,  among those who look like movie stars and can go on in the entertainment industry is many directions,  while this is the only chance he has to make it,  as Simon has told him several times.

He is sitting there knowing how much a record contract would help his life in terms of economic security and providing for his son better than he ever could alone.   His family have said they could not afford to come see the show until this last one.   He said in auditions his father didn't expect him to ever amount to anything.   He is like in a fight for his life in many ways,  and I admire the spirit of a man who can stand up and sing in such a glamorous environment when he is not glamorous.    There is something to be admired in that,  in a singing contest,  the same way that I admired Kurt Nilsen ,  the Norway Idol,  when I saw him on World Idol.

I don't believe Anthony, Constantine, Bo, Anwar, or Nikko are in this same desperate situation.    They have had success and will be fine.   Vonzell is a postal carrier deliverer in a rural area,  and Carrie is in an exclusive sorority at her college,  as shown on Access Hollywood.

Just my feeling that Scott has had to fight for things he wanted all his life,  and gets into his zone of determination and focus to rise above.   His eyes don't scare me;   that is intensity and feeling like an alien among those who are different from him,  and he will survive.  

And there is hurt there in those eyes.   From people laughing at him, I think.  

Aren't we a board of almost all females on this site,  if I'm not mistaken?    I wonder how many people who vote for him are men who feel some empathy with his situation?

I just refuse to be appalled by God's creation.    Too many people support Scott who know him,   so many love him and believe in him.    Who are we to judge,  when we don't even know him?
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2005, 09:10:34 AM »

Stellium.... I have voted for Scott.  I think he has a nice voice, but I don't think he will make it to the top.  When Simon makes those nasty comments to Scott, it makes me want to vote for him all the more.  I'm just saying....to me, his eyes have a cold look for whatever reason.
cjrmax
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2005, 09:21:23 AM »

While its interesting to read his aunt's account of the incident you have to take it with a grain of salt.  She is hardly an objective source.  She wasn't there at the time.  It would be natural for her to portray Scott in the best light possible.

And then there is the fact that his girlfriend supposedly has also disputed the account of the incident.  You have to remember it is not uncommon in abusive relationships for the abused person to stick up for her abuser and defend him and even lie to protect him. So again, I view her accounts with a grain of salt.

There are many nut cases out there who, on the surface, appear to be model citizens and good people.  There are also many who look like nut cases that are indeed good people.  None of us really know Scott, so none of us really know for sure what he is really like.  But I just can't shake the creep factor.  I keep remembering his rather odd behavior when preparing for the group number back in "Hollywood".  The fact that this arrest record exists to me is a sign of what he may be capable of.  I do think he may be unstable.  I hope he doesn't just snap one day.

If I have pegged him all wrong, then I apologize to Scott.  He does have a nice voice and looks shouldn't matter - and I don't think they do.  Look at Ruben and Clay - neither had what you would call traditional Pop Star looks.  But they both have something Scott doesn't - an endearing personality. a kindness in their faces.  You just knew they were good guys.  I just can't say the same for Scott.

In the end I doubt this will hurt his singing career.  I don't think he would ever have one.  This will be forgotten as soon as Scott is voted off AI.  What he makes of his life will be effected only by what Scott does from now on.  Let's hope he doesn't hurt anyone else.
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2005, 09:35:57 AM »

Ok... then I'm just voting for Bo. lmao
Eire
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2005, 10:12:12 AM »

cjrmax -- You took the words out of my mouth.
clay_fan_20
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2005, 10:28:24 AM »

i don't like scott, he looks scary to me, being said that, i don't care what has happened in his personal life, i don't think is right, and i won't try to mae excuses for what he did, and i'm not in a position to say anything because i don't know the whole story, in 4 years a person can change, maybe not.

i'm happy that he wasn't fired of AI, because people do mistakes, and i do believe in second chances, i wouldn't want to be judge because of my mistakes, everyone makes mistakes, i don't think scott will win but at least he have a chance to still compete.
houstonclayfan
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2005, 10:42:20 AM »

Stellium:
I wonder if he has that same dark look in his eyes with his family, his fiancee and son, at church, with the people who like him at work? Or does he have it on the show because he is sitting there with very little chance at winning, among those who look like movie stars and can go on in the entertainment industry is many directions, while this is the only chance he has to make it, as Simon has told him several times.

If he does have a different look with those close to him, then he should have used it on AI also. It is a singing competition, but presentation plays a huge factor. In my opinion, he has done a very poor job at presenting himself both as an entertainer and as a warm individual. A lot of people have tough lives, but that is no excuse to have a dark look all of the time, especially if he wants to win! A lot of us have posted (even before this news release) that he makes us nervous. Do you think that we are all wrong ??  Maybe, but Scott definitely needs to change his demeanor. I agree that you can see someone's soul in their eyes.
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2005, 11:42:29 AM »

THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE WHO DO NOT THINK THAT DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IS A REAL CRIME.  YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE PHYSICALLY INJURED.  SOMETIMES THAT IS THE LEAST OF IT.  VERBAL ABUSE CAN BE WORSE.  I WAS NOT IN THAT HOUSE, BUT I WILL SAY THAT I HAVE NO RESPECT FOR A MAN WHO IS SO DIFFICULT THAT THE POLICE HAVE TO BE CALLED.  SOMEONE CALLED THEM.  SOMEONE HAD THEM COME TO THE HOUSE.  IT IS NOT UNCOMMON FOR AN ABUSED WOMAN TO CHANGE HER MIND AFTER THE GUY APPOLOGIZES.  

MY POINT ON THE CRITICAL MASS IS THAT THIS SHOW IS CALLED AMERICAN "IDOL" NOT SINGER.  AN IDOL IS SOMEONE TO BE ADMIRED, A ROLE MODEL.  FROM WHAT I READ, I DO NOT FEEL THAT SCOTT IS THAT KIND OF PERSON.  AS EVERYONE HAS POINTED OUT, THERE IS SOMETHING IN HIS EYES.  I SAW IT RIGHT AWAY WHEN HE WAS SO UNCOOPERATIVE IN THE GROUP SONG.  HE IS A LONER.  THAT IS FINE FOR HIM.  IT IS HIS LIFE.  WE HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY HE SHOULD CHANGE.  BUT, HE WOULD BE HOLDING A TITLE THAT SHOULD MEAN SOMETHING.  EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN IN THE TOP 3 FROM ALL THE SEASONS HAS PROVED TO BE A DECENT PERSON.  LOOKS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.  RUBEN IS HARDLY A HUNK.  CUTE, BUT NOT A HUNK.  CLAY IS A HUNK TO US, BUT NOT IN THE TRADITIONAL WAY TO MOST PEOPLE.  MY FEELINGS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH LOOKS AND I DON'T THINK ANYONE WHO HAS COMMENTED CARES ABOUT LOOKS.  IT IS THE PERSON INSIDE THAT MATTERS.  NOT OUTSIDE.  

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
clay_fan_20
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2005, 11:55:27 AM »

you know i have a hard time about the "idol" tittle, i for one i'm not looking for a role model, my role model are my parents, i don't look celebrities for something to emulate, i see them for enterteiment purpouses.
i believe that most of the people that audition for american idol, is to make a record contract and have tons of money, and of course the fame, i doubt they go to the show with the idea of being a role model, i think that's a hugeee responsability, and i don't believe any celebrity is a role model.

i do think that what Scott did was a huge mistake and there is no excuse, i don't know him and i don't know if he does that often... he is my least favorite of the group, and this information doesn't change any idea i had of him, i find him like a very angry guy, but that's just me and how i see him, i defenetly could be wrong, either way with this news or not i don't think he could've won
cjrmax
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2005, 12:49:01 PM »

I don't think the term "Idol" in the title of "American Idol" should be taken so literally.  Its just a title.  The winner is not being chosen in order to be idolized!  They don't even have to be a role model.  I doubt most are voting on these people based on their characters.  People can be rotten sons of b*tches - or just b*tches - without having a police record or even giving off a creepy vibe.  Some people are very good at playing a part, projecting themselves for one hour as someone they are not.  It would be an unfair burden on the voters to not only have to pick the best singer and entertainer but also have to pick the person who is most worthy of being idolized!

According to the dictionary.com, the word "Idol" means:
1) a) An image used as an object of worship.
               b) A false god.
2) One that is adored, often blindly or excessively.
3) Something visible but without substance.

Now, of those definitions, the only one that could possibly be applied to someone who wins AI is the last one!  Let's not expect that these young men and women should live up to any god-like standards!  I don't think anyone expected that when they named the show.  When someone is called a teen idol they aren't referring to their character.  They are only referring to the fact that they are very popular with teens.  That's all the term "idol" means in the title  "American Idol".

And Gwenn, I don't think anyone is taking domestic violence lightly.  But it is possible for people to make mistakes, correct them and never repeat them, and I will entertain the possibility that this is what Scott did.  If he did, then maybe he has actually earned the "idol"part of that title because that kind of change is not easy and shows a great deal of character.

I personally do not believe he has done this.  He just really gives me the creeps.  He just seems so dark.
Eire
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2005, 01:08:42 PM »

Quote from: cjrmax
But it is possible for people to make mistakes, correct them and never repeat them, and I will entertain the possibility that this is what Scott did.

He was arrested ten years ago for trespassing after being warned twice to stay off the grounds, then a few years later gets arrested for domestic abuse.  He doesn't seem to be learning his lesson; he only seems to be graduating to worse offenses.  His demeanor on the show thus far has not convinced me in any way that he's changed into a kind, loving person.  Like you said, he just seems dark.  Corey at least had an upbeat public persona, something Scott visibly lacks.
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2005, 02:43:57 PM »

cjrmax wrote:
According to the dictionary.com, the word "Idol" means:
Quote:
1) a) An image used as an object of worship.
b) A false god.

Hmm :hmm

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2005, 04:20:39 PM »

I thought Scott was strange from the very first.  When the contestants were put in groups of three but Scott had a problem working with his group I knew something was up with him.  That told me a lot about his personality.  He looks like a very angry person to me.  Forgive my views but he would truly frighten me if I was in that group, he reminds me of someone that would lose it mentally and come in shooting.  I hate to say this but it is truly what I think of him.

Pepe

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
tiff
UltimateFan

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2005, 04:50:09 PM »

First of all, Stellium, I applaud you for standing up and sticking to your opinion. But I have to disagree.

Quote from: stellium
He is sitting there knowing how much a record contract would help his life in terms of economic security and providing for his son better than he ever could alone.

There are a ridiculous amount of people (with and without children) who are in a desperate financial situation. There are too many people selling their bodies and whatnot to put some food on the table. Now I don't know exactly the financial situation that Scott and his family are in, but I would consider someone lucky if they have heat, shelter, and can go to the grocery store and afford anything they want. Ofcourse, that is just my opinion.

Who are we to judge, when we don't even know him?

I agree. But who are we to judge that the other contestants don't need/deserve the contract just as much?

I don't believe Anthony, Constantine, Bo, Anwar, or Nikko are in this same desperate situation. They have had success and will be fine. Vonzell is a postal carrier deliverer in a rural area, and Carrie is in an exclusive sorority at her college, as shown on Access Hollywood.

I am a firm believer that everybody has a story. Nobody has an easy life and everybody has gone through hardships to achieve what they have. By "have" I don't necessarily mean materialistic things, I mean things that an individual is proud of. Without boring you all with my life story, I know that I have worked hard to aquire my independence and identity (as much as I can at this point in my life, anyway) and those are what I am most proud of.

Scott is not the only person who has had a hard life on that show. I am positive that every contestant has a story of their own to tell, we simply haven't heard it.

"And the one poor child who saved this world, and there's ten million more who probably could if we all just stopped and said a prayer for them" - Goo Goo Dolls, 'Better Days'
Misha
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2005, 06:36:34 PM »

Before I step up onto the podium, I have to say... #2?  Ummm...

I don't adore Clay blindly, but I must say that it can be rather excessive.  Though should he WANT to blindfold me while we... well... anyhoo...

~steps up onto the podium~

Stellium, I can understand your feelings of not wanting to judge someone else when you are not in that situation yourself and do not have immediate knowledge of the incident at question.

But here is where I am going to put myself on the line.  I know that there are some of my friends here who I have shared parts of my life with and I'm hoping that someone will indeed remember the story I told them about an incident that happened in my marriage about 8 years ago.

I had the temerity to say no to my (now ex) husband regarding umm... well... sex.  To put it mildly a very serious argument began.  I began to get scared and I told him that I felt things were getting out of control.  I did not threaten to take away the children.  I did not even threaten to call the police.  But when I went to call his parents for some intervention and mediation, he grabbed the phone and threw it at me.  Pulled the cord clean out of the wall.  The end table came with it as the cord was wrapped around the base.

I have been there before and I can tell you right now beyond a shadow of a doubt, the feeling I had right then and there.  Pure terror.  There is no other word for it.  I was scared right down to my bones.  But I was too weak to call the police.  I allowed his apologies to bring me back around, wherein I suffered more emotional abuse at his hand.

I am sorry, but whether he hit her or hit the wall, he was using force to get his own way.  That is being violent.  That is unacceptable.  It does not matter the reasons why it happened, what matters is that it DID happen.

I am however, very understanding that some men can and do change.  I do not however, believe it of Scott, simply because of his attitude towards his "group" in Hollywood.  His actions were selfish in the extreme.  He did not care one whit or another about the group.  Yes, you need to be competitive, but at the same time, and this is very important...  The only way to "compete" against others in this contest and to win, is to do your VERY BEST.  Thats it.  You either have the talent, the "IT" factor, or you don't.  There was simply no need to treat others that way.  None whatsoever.  His statements on camera, were just proof positive of his negative way of thinking and uncaring attitude towards his fellow man.  And that is the main reason why people (men or women, not going to be biased here based on sex) are violent.  They do not care about the other person.  The only person they care about is THEMSELVES and making sure that what THEY want is what THEY get.

Vote for him if you feel so inclined, but please understand that there are those of us, who simply cannot.
Misha
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2005, 06:44:21 PM »

By the way... I did not post my story to garner sympathy or anything.  It is simply my past.  I learned from it and am stronger now because of it.  I'm actually doing very well right now.  I'm very happy finally after the divorce and though I really do need a permanent, better paying job, my life is turned around for the best.

Anyhoo... I also wanted to say I hope you realize I'm not trying to gang up on you, I just wanted you to understand how I feel about this issue.  I would be the worst form of hypocrite if I judged someone simply for sharing their opinion.  This is simply mine.
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2005, 06:56:16 PM »

MISHA---

THANKS FOR POSTING THAT.  IT TOOK A LOT OF COURAGE.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx