gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:08:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 438
Total: 438

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 Go Down Print
Author Topic: OCD SUPPORT GROUP - SESSION 41 - AKA THE CLAYMENTIA THREAD  (Read 74675 times)
cl4clay
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S FAVORITE COOKIE CHEF

« Reply #1920 on: March 22, 2005, 03:36:16 PM »

Thanks Tammy - That means a lot of tour dates are coming soon.  I can't wait.

Hi Pepe   I'm late tonight. Just got home. Worked two hours over.
My boss is no better, but I'm trying to avoid him. I stay inmy own room and close the door. That way I have very little contact with him.

I don't want to spoil all the good news about Clay, I can see everyone is happy about it.  I'd love to go to a few concerts this year. We'll have to see when he comes to OHIO.

CLAY'S PASTRY CHEF
Julie,JJ and Liz - Our OCD guardian angels
Clays_Buddy
UltimateFan

Clay's Rear Admiral

« Reply #1921 on: March 22, 2005, 03:38:24 PM »

I am so happy to know that the concert schedule is filling up.  Geeez, I hope they don't forget about the Southwest...or someplace close.  

The bossman must have felt something in the air b/c things were much better today. I think he knows I have backup.   Have to remember not to let them be so intimidating.   I held my ground today.  

WoodyTwin, it’s never to early to talk about hands, lips, or that sexy rear view when it comes to my boyfriend.  Sorry to hear that your son is gone for a couple of days.  I know how much you were looking forward to spending time with him.  I so know the feeling.

Judee, stay home from work and kick that cold.  Like Lorraine said, your work will be there regardless.

Lorraine, glad you are feeling better.

Jayne, if I’m lucky enough to visit sometime, I’ll take you up on that calamari.  

AC, Colleen, JJ, Lindsay, Philly prayers to you and your families.  

ClandySis, thanks for the Chicago flashback and the news from Walmart.  

JJ, so glad to see you here today.  Have fun shopping for an Easter dress for Alyssa.

Pepe, hope you’re having a great day.  

Tammy, good luck with Weight Watchers.  A friend of mine swears by it.  It’s nice to know that you can still go out to eat and not feel guilty.

ANGELA, chili in the purse!!! I do that when I open liquid creamer…right in the face.

Shannon & Tammy, include me in lovin those tight jeans.

Evelyn, what are you going to make for Clay at your next concert?

Carla, happy to know Simon is doing fine.

JNT 2005  Drool Drool Thud! Thud!
Official member of the RBT
cl4clay
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1922 on: March 22, 2005, 03:39:43 PM »

Glory I like you when you're in a feisty mood. I love your bus and thanks, for thinking of my tush.  Sounds like a lot of fun.  

CLAY'S PASTRY CHEF
Clays_Buddy
UltimateFan

Clay's Rear Admiral

« Reply #1923 on: March 22, 2005, 03:45:04 PM »

Glory, count me in on the hitting the road in your dream bus.

Time for some yard work today....looks like it grass cutting time.  Will see you all back here this evening in time to watch AI.

JNT 2005  Drool Drool Thud! Thud!
Official member of the RBT
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1924 on: March 22, 2005, 03:45:38 PM »

EVELYN  YOU ARE QUITE WELCOME, ALWAYS THINKIN ABOUT HOW TO HELP YOUR TUSH. LOL

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
Tammy
Enthusiastic

I LOVE MY PUGS

« Reply #1925 on: March 22, 2005, 03:46:18 PM »

HELLO LIZ AND GLORY!

LIZ
I AM HAVING A GREAT TIME FINDING RECIPES FOR THE WEIGHT WATCHERS CORE PROGRAM.  I LIKE IT MUCH BETTER THEN THE FLEX PLAN..  MY LEADER SAID THEY ARE ATTRACTING MORE PEOPLE IN BECAUSE OF IT..  I  CAN TELL MY BODY IS TRYING TO ADJUST WITHOUT ALL THE FAKE CARBS I WAS EATING..

PEPE
DINNER SOUNDS WONDERFUL.

I LOVE MY PUGS! :heartburst 

Baby Dust JEWELS, LIZSIS AND JJ~OUR SPARKLING GEMS FROM HEAVEN Baby Dust
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #1926 on: March 22, 2005, 03:50:01 PM »

GLORY,
Save me a seat on the bus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEY HEY HEY for more venues!!!         I would love to do a  Clay trek this summer.  But after the  Social, I am not sure my hubby would understand!!!  I will have to keep it to the concerts around here, but I will go to all of them within driving distance if I can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LizTwin - Thanks for your comments about my son.  Before I left this morning, I told him I really wanted to spend some time with him this week, and I think he got the message.  I just may change our Easter plans and stay home instead of going to see my family in CHicago since my son has to leave to go back to school that day.  
Woodstock X41

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
cl4clay
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1927 on: March 22, 2005, 03:52:39 PM »

Liz - I have some fantastic new recipes that I plan to make.
Maybe I should make him one of my special rum cakes.  Wouldn't that be a hoot.  He'd probably pass out on stage.

Frankie, I'll start baking and selling now, so that we will have gas money.
No problem there.

CLAY'S PASTRY CHEF
mackncsu
Enthusiastic

I love it!

« Reply #1928 on: March 22, 2005, 03:52:43 PM »

Quote from: ANGELA
HELLO MACK--I HOPE YOUR DAY IS IMPROVING.

hehe wave  

I love the Wendy's story!!!

lmao

Tacet Twin #2 (the brains)
Dont hate me because Clay knows I dont play
Player of Clays favorite instrument!
Claymaniac2000
UltimateFan

Clay's Butterfly

« Reply #1929 on: March 22, 2005, 03:54:20 PM »

From the Clayboard

Re: BOI article
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Against All Odds: The Journey of Clay Aiken
by Judy Simpson (2005/03/22)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't be fooled by the square, good-guy image; Clay Aiken is a rebel, a rule-breaker, someone who shatters barriers, destroys preconceptions, and defies odds. He has been criticized for not being "edgy" but, in fact, he is a rebel with a cause, and that requires having the courage to leap beyond the edge. The facts speak for themselves. If there existed an ultimate how-to rule book for achieving pop stardom, Clay Aiken would be the subject of a chapter entitled, "The Exception to the Rules." Yes, "exceptional" is the perfect word to describe Clay Aiken. I mean, if you retrace the steps that brought Clay to his current success, it would seem an impossible journey to complete, given the obstacles on the path he forged to arrive here. Against all odds.

To begin with, Clay has admitted he was "nagged" into auditioning for American Idol, all the while protesting that he did not fit the image of popular music stars. He knew that success is based on much more than having a good singing voice. In any event, he had set aside any youthful dream of a singing career in favor of becoming a special education teacher. He described his first audition as being, in his own words, "short and a waste of my time." Having tasted rejection, he found he needed to give it another try. He could just as easily have walked away at that point, satisfied that he had given it his best shot. When he stepped in front of the American Idol judges at his next audition, he did not fit the image of a pop star and was bluntly informed of this. It was his vocal talent that caught their attention and saved him from rejection. He could just as easily have been dismissed at that point. His attire, looks, and demeanor did not sell him as the guy most likely to cause women to swoon, scream in delight, or throw underwear on stage at his feet. Who knew the same fellow Simon claimed did not look like a pop star, Simon would later attribute to changing the face of American Idol. Against all odds.

After reaching the top 32, America voted and he was sent home. That could easily have been the end of his journey. But America voted him back as a wildcard. He underwent somewhat of a makeover, but rather than embracing his new, more trendy image, he declared that looks did not matter to him and did not change who he was inside. He saw nothing wrong with being viewed as a "nerd" or a "mama's boy." If he were to achieve success, it was clear it would be on his terms. Some may have viewed this as being unrealistic; others viewed it as being real... enough to keep him competing in the following weeks. Against all odds.

Instead of selling himself as a dazzling pop star personality ready to push the envelope, he stuck with solid, professional performances. He took Simon's insults in stride. He simply gave the best he had without compromise or apology. He never took for granted that he would last another week, candidly admitted he would have no problem returning to his first love, teaching, if he were sent home again, and wept for those who were eliminated. In a very competitive "dawg-eat-dawg" business, he offered a soft shoulder instead of a cold shoulder. Instead of rivalries, he forged friendships. Against all odds.

When asked what he would do if he won, Clay did not give the stock answer about fulfilling a life-long dream of attaining fame and fortune. Instead, he said he would use celebrity to provide a platform to make a difference and aspired to set a good example for youth. Say what? That sure doesn't sound like your typical pop star wannabe. Yet, he was sincere. He said he even felt guilty that he may have taken the spot of someone who really dreamed of attaining stardom. Something tells me this attitude would not be in that how-to rulebook for success, but obviously it endeared him to viewers and gained him a fan base he didn't even realize he had at the time. Simon persisted in declaring he did not see Clay Aiken as a pop star and did his best to convince his fellow judges and the audience. The judges are supposed to be authorities on this subject. So, what happened? Why didn't America listen? Why did so many embrace the "nerd" who didn't fit the idol image and who didn't appear hungry for fame and fortune? Against all odds.

In the end he lost, graciously, the American Idol title. That should have been the end of his journey. However, something had been set into motion that could not easily be stopped. Something bigger than anyone anticipated. A corner had been turned, and Clay was on his way. However, where most aspiring pop stars on the threshold of success would have followed the directives of those in the business of making stars, Clay refused to change to fit someone's else's vision. He did not fit in. He rebelled. And his instincts proved correct. He was embraced by fans to the point of exceeding all expectations. The music industry still hasn't come to terms with this phenomenon. Heads are still shaking in disbelief over what he achieved. Against all odds.

Obviously, the prescribed formula for success did not apply to Clay Aiken. Clay is still writing his own destiny, along with a best-selling book (also against all odds). Now, at the height of his popularity, instead of rehearsing for his next concert, recording his next CD, or launching his own clothing line, he has been off raising money for his foundation, speaking as an educator on behalf of those who need a voice for change. Also he assumed the duties of ambassador of education for UNICEF, visiting Banda Aceh, Indonesia, the site of a devastating natural disaster, to assess the educational needs of children in its aftermath. In addition, he was a guest speaker at the Pacific Rim Conference and at the Forces for Nature benefit concert in Malaysia, where he also addressed the audience in their native tongue. Is this any way for a fledgling pop music star to hold onto his fans? Indeed it is if that star is Clay Aiken. His fans expect no less, and they expect Clay will continue to entertain them as a pop music star while, as an educator, make a difference that will have a profound effect on the future of a countless number in need. If anyone can do this, they know Clay Aiken can, and you can bet on it... against all odds.

Janet Claymaniac2000
Hey Butterfly....Open up your weary eyes and realize.....It's a trip we're taking

BRETT-------WELCOME HOME
JULIE you are in my heart forever
Tiffany
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dove

« Reply #1930 on: March 22, 2005, 04:06:05 PM »

Evelyn- 4 concerts are comfirmed so far.IN state fair on Aug 16?, VA on Aug 8th- THat's where I'm going.  , NJ on July 28th and Tammy told you about PA on the 10th.  There is a rumor he could be coming to OHio in Aug too.

Glory- I love your dream. Sounds like the perfect plan for all of us.  

Pepe- I would love to do that to travel the whole US and go to every state. And I bet you can go to a concert too and he'll come near ya. THink positive. Love Chinese food too.

Tammy- Love that cowboy pic. Saddle up your horses.   Add me to loving Clay in those tight fitted jeans. Mmmmm

Haven't checked the site out yet but I will. Thanks for the tips.  I admit I've cheated a few times too. What is the points you can go up too? I have to go up to 27 and can't get past that. Good luck to see if you losed any weight tomorrow.

Carla- Glad to hear your friend is ok.

Liz- Glad you had a better day today.

Hey Woody- They comfirmed that Clay's coming to VA today too and I'm so excited.   Maybe we can have another bus for all the hubbys and they can go wherever they want too. LOL That's nice to hear about your son. Hope it works out for more time with him.

That's a beautiful article Janet.

Check back in before AI.

Rest in peace our Angels Janet, Carol, Liz, Julie, Kris, Debi and JJ. Angel We miss you and you are in our hearts always I will love and support Clay always and forever. Proud to be a Claymaniac. 
Claymaniac2000
UltimateFan

Clay's Butterfly

« Reply #1931 on: March 22, 2005, 04:07:43 PM »

Just thought I'd throw in my $.02 cents worth about the new CD. I believe it will be out in May or June. I think he has already done some work on it or maybe has his part completely finished. I think one thing we have all forgot is this-----I have heard over and over again how it usually only takes Clay one take to record a song so how long would it take for him to record even 20 or 25 songs for them to pick from and then all that would be left is to mix them and make the CD. It don't take him 2 days of recording over and over and over again to record one song because with his amazing voice it is done much faster that the ones who can't sing and have to do it over and over again and then it it still isn't fit to listen too. I may be wrong but I think we will see the CD drop in May or the first of June. I think Jerome's little clue last year was right.

Janet Claymaniac2000
Hey Butterfly....Open up your weary eyes and realize.....It's a trip we're taking

BRETT-------WELCOME HOME
JULIE you are in my heart forever
Tammy
Enthusiastic

I LOVE MY PUGS

« Reply #1932 on: March 22, 2005, 04:07:54 PM »

OMG
CHECK OUT THESE RINGTONES.. CLAY IS TELLING YOU TO PICK UP YOUR PHONE

http://ringtones.aol.com/itemSearch.php?kind=wt&discr=author&title=clay+aiken&x=0&y=0

Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1933 on: March 22, 2005, 04:11:14 PM »

JANET THAT WAS WONDERFUL.  THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BRINGING US THESE THINGS.

Tammy
Enthusiastic

I LOVE MY PUGS

« Reply #1934 on: March 22, 2005, 04:11:28 PM »

JANET
I HOPE YOUR RIGHT WITH THE CD COMING OUT THEN..

TIFFANY
I DONT HAVE TO COUNT POINTS ON THE CORE PROGRAM.. I CAN EAT THE FOODS ON THE LIST UNTIL I'M SATISFIED WITHOUT GOING OVERBOARD... I ALSO GET 35 EXTRA POINTS A WEEK TO EAT FOODS THAT AREN'T ON THE LIST...

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #1935 on: March 22, 2005, 04:13:01 PM »

EVELYN,   YOU NEED THAT STRESS LIKE YOU NEED A HOLE IN YOUR HEAD.  MAYBE YOU SHOULD MAKE YOUR BOSS A NOT SO NICE CAKE.

GLORY, MAYBE LORRAINE COULD MAKE LEOPARD SLIP COVERS FOR ALL THE SEATS.

FRANKIE, BETTER TELL LEWIS TO LEAVE THE DOOR UNLOCKED MAYBE DOLLY MAY DROP BY TONIGHT.

DUDLEY, HOW ARE YOU DOING TONIGHT?  HAVE YOU GOT YOUR HOUSE BACK IN ORDER YET?

SASHA, I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU AREN'T HERE BUT I SURE MISS YOU, AND LOVED WHAT YOU SENT ME IN THE MAIL.  YOU ARE SO SWEET!

ANGELA,  SEEN YOUR POST AND YOU WERE GONE BY THE TIME I GOT ON.  ALWAYS MISSING EACH OTHER.  HOPE YOU AND HUBBY HAD FUN ON YOUR ERRAND.  

WELL I AM OFF TO TAKE A SHOWER AND GET READY FOR AI.

PEPE

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
cl4clay
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1936 on: March 22, 2005, 04:13:44 PM »

OK - I'm going to fix myself something to eat. Have no idea what and then watch AI. Will see you all after that.

CLAY'S PASTRY CHEF
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1937 on: March 22, 2005, 04:15:53 PM »

PEPE GOOD IDEA DOES LORRAINE SEW. LOL

fantasys about clay
« Reply #1938 on: March 22, 2005, 04:17:57 PM »

HI EVERYONE! HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GOOD DAY! AS YOU KNOW I TAUGHT THE PRESCHOOLERS TODAY! THEY ARE SUCH I SWEAR! I'M SUPRISED I'M STILL ALIVE AND STANDING! I'LL BE BACK TO SHARE MY STORY OF THEM FOR YOU ALL! THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR HELPING ME AND WISHING ME LUCK ON IT! I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!

HUGS!!!!!!!!

LORRAINE~ I HAVE NOT TALKED TO YOU IN SOOOO LONG!  Cry! GLAD YOU ARE FEELING BETTER! HOPE WE CAN MEET AT A CLAY CONCERT THIS YEAR! BUT SO FAR MY CHANCE OF SEEING CLAY IS JUST AS BAD AS MY CHANCE SEEING CLAY NEXT MONTH AT THE OKADALE ON HER BIRTHDAY!

SLIM TO NONE! Cry!   :(

I HOPE THOUGH I CAN GO TO BOTH!

BE BACK IN A LITTLE WHILE HAVE TO DO A FEW MORE THINGS AROUND HERE THEN TRY TO BE BACK BEFORE IDOL!

LOVE YA ALL!

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #1939 on: March 22, 2005, 04:18:11 PM »

GLORY, I DON'T KNOW IF LORRAINE SEWS BUT IF SHE GOT THE LEOPARD MATERIAL I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT LIZ SEWS.  

JANET, I LIKE YOUR REASONING ABOUT CLAY'S NEW CD, I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT.

EVELYN, I WILL SEE YOU TOMORROW, I AM OFF FOR THE NIGHT!  TAKE CARE DEAR ONE.

PEPE

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx