gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:36:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 367
Total: 367

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MARCH 15  (Read 4223 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: March 15, 2005, 01:43:29 AM »

wave Good Morning, everyone!! wave

Have You Heard? Clay Aiken visits victims of tsunami

02:10 PM EST on Monday, March 14, 2005
By 6NEWS Staff

‘American Idol’ runner-up Clay Aiken, a UNICEF goodwill ambassador, was in Indonesia Monday visiting areas struck by last December’s tsunami.

Aiken was in Aceh province, Indonesia talking with Acehnese children during his visit.

The death toll in Indonesia alone has grown to more than 115,000, and is possibly as high as 166,320, according to some government officials.

Most deaths were in the Aceh province, which includes Meulaboh. The tsunamis wiped some areas of the shoreline clean, leaving only the foundations of homes.

Aiken is a UNC-Charlotte graduate and runner up on the 2003 edition of American Idol.

WCNC (registration required)

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 01:44:52 AM »

AMERICAN IDOL ENTERTAINS ACEHNESE CHILDREN

Banda Aceh (ANTARA News) - Clay Aiken, an American Idol, entertained a group of children who survived last year`s tsunamis, during a visit to the Aceh and North Sumatera as Unicef ambassador for children`s education on Monday.

The runner-up of the American Idol singing competition in 2003, accompanied by local TV film actor Ferry Salim who is also a Unicef ambassador for education, joined the children of Lhoknga in Aceh Besar playing at the Lampuk beach.

The children gave the Unicef ambassadors a warm welcome upon their arrival with some dances performances for the honourable guests.

Clay also toured some refugee camps during the visit to the region.

Donny Hendrawan, a psychologist at the Jenggala camp, said the entertainment program for 50 children at Lampuk beach with Clay was part of a therapy for the children.

Dony along with 80 volunteers from Unicef and the Indonesian ministry of women`s role affairs, are currently conducting a Jenggala-based psychological therapy on around 1,800 children in 21 refugee camps in Aceh.

"We are conducting the program to overcome the traumatic problems of the children," he said.(*)    

ANTARA

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 01:51:37 AM »

Here are the top 50 searches on Lycos for the week ending March 12, 2005:

Search Term  Last Week Weeks on List
 1  Paris Hilton
PDA Invasion  #2  70  

2  Pamela Anderson
China's Mad  #3  289  

3  Poker
Card Shark  #6 51

4  Britney Spears
New Brunette nc #4  289  

5  Clay Aiken
In Studio  #1  93

The men are destined to win American Idol this time around. Of the top-searched potential idols the men take seven of the top 10 spots. At this point in the competition the obvious break-out Idol is rocker Bo Bice. Bice is searched five times more than any other finalist. The most searched American Idols for this week are: Bo Bice, Constantine Maroulis, Anthony Fedorov, Mario Vazques, Carrie Underwood, Mikalah Gordon, Joseph Murena, Lindsey Cardinale and Nikko Smith.

LYCOS50

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 01:54:55 AM »

From the Clayreport:  A PRAYER FOR CLAY

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 01:56:52 AM »

Can they be the next American ROCK IDOL?

ANTHONY FEDOROV

HE'S been labelled as Clay Aiken 2.0 - but a cuter, blonder, more boy band-esque version.

NEWSPAPERASIA

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2005, 01:58:32 AM »

DAVE MASON: For 'Idol' semifinalists, hair is the hot topic

Another semifinalist, Ukranian-born college student Anthony Federov, also sees no need for a major makeover. "I don't want to change myself too much," said Federov.

With his hair and glasses, Federov, a 19-year-old from Trevose, Pa., shares a quirky look with "Idol" runner-up Clay Aiken

"I've been told I look like Nick Carter. I was chased when I was young," the soft-spoken Federov said with a little grin.

NEWSTRIBUNE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2005, 02:00:08 AM »

Anthony Fedorov

Age, hometown: 19, Trevose, Pa.

Strengths: Has good back story - overcame illness and childhood tracheotomy, has shown strong vocal ability at times and has been favorably compared to Clay Aiken.

Weaknesses: America already has one Clay; does it need a knock-off?
Will have to show more range.

Prediction: Will not make the top 6.

NORTHJERSEY

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2005, 02:01:58 AM »

Idol Thoughts, March 14: A Moment Like This!
by Donna Reynolds -- 03/14/2005
(snip)
I can give you examples – Fantasia’s “Summertime” or Kelly’s finale performance of “A Moment Like This” were particularly powerful. The joy that was George Huff kept me going for most of season 3, and Kimberley Locke’s powerful surge towards the end of season 2 had me on the edge of my seat. Rickey Smith made me smile every time I saw him, and his vocals on “What the World Needs Now” can send tingles down my spine even now. Clay Aiken’s reactions every week when he realized he’d made the cut always touched me, and Ruben’s facial expressions as he awaited the judges’ comments were really endearing.

FOXES ON IDOL

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2005, 02:03:43 AM »

Don't forget to visit our UNICEF THREAD

Clay "is" the "News"
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2005, 02:13:51 AM »

Wow M.B.!  Hard time sleeping or up way too late????  Thank you and I'll bet  you'll need extra     today!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2005, 02:17:25 AM »

Good Morning, Buddy!!!

Just up getting ready for work!!!  Laughing

Thanks for the  

I don't say this often enough....

A big to Lora for all her help every day!!!!

Big Hug!

Clay "is" the "News"
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2005, 04:01:34 AM »

Ms. Deanna- You are welcome. It is fun and my pleasure!

eurweb

VASQUEZ RUMORS ARE FLYING: Speculation and innuendo follow sudden exit of ‘Idol’ hopeful

snip

Another rumor floating around Fox is that Vasquez had cold feet about the ability of the show to propel him toward superstardom, claiming that male singers tied to the show weren’t marketed in the pop realm, which he hopes to conquer. Neither second-season winner Ruben Studdard nor runner-up Clay Aiken are fixtures on mainstream pop radio (Studdard has found success in the R&B/gospel genre; Aiken is marketed toward the Barry Manilow, adult contemporary/soft pop crowd). And who knows what happened to first season runner up Justin Guarini after RCA dropped him from his contract.      

Lora
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2005, 04:02:40 AM »

Morning everyone!

Sooooooooooo sleepy this morning!

Here's Clay's horoscope for the day from yahoo.com!

Quickie:
A problem can be like a splinter in your foot unless you do something about it.

Overview:
For the next couple of days, absolutely nothing will be more important to you than taking care of the ones you love -- and that might well pertain to one person in particular.

Daily Extended Forecast:
It's a little-known fact that you are an expert caretaker. It's not just because you can make anyone laugh at any time -- although laughter, after all, really is the best medicine. You're also quite intuitive and know immediately what your charge needs, oftentimes before they do. So when a dear one comes to you, obviously worn out and in need of a helping hand, you'll be more than happy to do whatever you can to help.

Daily Flirt:
Today is all about the small stuff. The details. Sometimes the ability to take care of details is the only difference between someone who's really successful and someone who isn't. It all adds up.

Daily Couples:
You want to help your partner, but they may need to stand alone for the moment. Don't take their independence so personally.

Daily Singles:
You want to switch from an analytical mode to something bigger and better in the realm of romance, but you may end up mired in between. It's only temporary, so don't struggle.

Daily Career and Finance:
You've got a boatload of ideas about the new campaign or expansion, but none of them feels quite right to you yet. Keep the brainstorm alive.

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2005, 04:05:06 AM »

azcentral

'Idol' mystery Mario departs, and then there were 12

Randy Cordova and Kathy Cano Murillo
The Arizona Republic
Mar. 15, 2005 12:00 AM

snip

Anthony Fedorov
K: He's a sweet kid, but reminds me of a poor man's Clay Aiken, with a dash of John Stevens, minus the charisma of both.

Lora
Franny
Claylicious

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2005, 04:24:53 AM »

In looking at the pictures of Clay with the children, this Chinese Proverb comes to mind:

A child's life is like a piece of paper on which every person leaves a mark - Chinese Proverb

It looks to me that OMC has his priorities straight.

Thank you Mrs. D, Lora and Susan for all the Clay News! You do a wonderful job.

"The Keeper of Clay's Magic"
Just a little of "Clay to start my day" brings the sunshine, even along with the rain... It makes all the difference in the world.
I call it Clay's magic.

Prayers for JJ
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2005, 04:33:26 AM »

I would not normally put a photo in the ANN but due to my limited computer skills...I have tried to at least make the photo small...click on photo to make larger.

This is the "invitation" from the Voices For Change" Gala being offered in Florida in April. I received this in my email yesterday. I had previously signed up at the BAF for news.

I thought it was a nice look. I wish I could attend but can't. To those that can..I hope you come away with valuable information.

Lora
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2005, 05:02:56 AM »

THANKS DEANNA AND FRIENDS.

ALL I CAN SAY IS OUR CLAY IS THE MOST WONDERFUL PERSON I HAVE COME TO LOVE IN A VERY LONG TIME.  WHETHER IT IS IN FRONT OF HIS FANS OR WITH HIS CHILDREN THIS MAN PORTRAYS SUCH LOVE AND CARING FOR ALL.

AS FAR AS ANTHONY GOES.  SORRY.  I WOULDN'T CHASE HIM IN A MILLION YEARS.  YOU CAN DRESS HIM UP LIKE CLAY BUT HE IS NOT CLAY.

I WILL CHECK BACK LATER FOR UPDATES.

HUGS
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2005, 05:22:34 AM »

GOOD MORNING ALL AND THANKS FOR THE NEWS
KEEPING CLAY, HIS GROUP, AND ALL THE CHILDREN IN MY THOUGHTS TODAY

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2005, 05:43:26 AM »

Spreading goodwill: Those Idols are all over the place today. Here's a shot of Clay Aiken in Indonesia, talking with tsunami survivors. Aiken is a UNICEF goodwill ambassador.

USA TODAY LIFE

Finally! Publicity other than Yahoo.com! And a picture too. Good morning everyone!

ETA: Publicity on CNN this morning - I'm adding the pics to the UNICEF thread.
clayfannj
UltimateFan

Remember, CHEESE is a comfort food.

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2005, 06:39:41 AM »

I got so much pleasure out of seeing the pictures of Clay in Indonesia.. He is so happy.. He looks like his soul is HOME!!..Makes you think in that situation.. Who was helping who??

Those of us who have had the good fortune of sharing our lives with hundreds of children over years  very well can recognize that X-FACTOR that some  adults have that connects between generations.. Clay has got it.. Clay is the real deal.. So, WHAT ELSE IS NEW??

Happy for you, Clay!!! I'm sure that was a life changing experience..

It's NEVER ENOUGH!!!

Honorary Southern Belle

OBSESSIVE BIRD WATCHER

Tracking the Red -Crested Warbler
"I may be old, but I'm strong and lusty!"..Wm. Shakespeare
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx