gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:51:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 127
Total: 127

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MARCH 4  (Read 6452 times)
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« on: March 04, 2005, 04:12:42 AM »

Morning everyone!

Here's Clay's horoscope for the day from yahoo.com!

Quickie:
Suddenly, your ship has lost its anchor. Wait and see where the currents take you.

Overview:
Is it love? It sure will feel like it. You're set up for a sudden infatuation -- and you'll feel it within seconds. This doesn't mean it's not legit, but waiting a few days to book that Vegas chapel certainly couldn't hurt.

Daily Extended Forecast:
Forget about even trying to listen politely to the naysayers, especially if they're talking about a certain person that you've just met and like very much. If you're relaxed and comfortable with your new person, it really doesn't matter what anyone says or whom they say it about. You'll do exactly what you should do: make your evaluation based on your impressions of how the person treats you, and only you.

Daily Flirt:
It's always the right time to sneak a little goofiness into your day. Clown shoes look stylish with every outfit.

Daily Couples:
Reality can be just as charming as your thrilling fantasy world. Share your dreams and ask for help in making them come true.

Daily Singles:
Let your fun-loving side lead you and anyone lucky enough to be by your side to where the party's at. Love (or a close facsimile thereof) will only be found when dullness is banished.

Daily Career and Finance:
You may not always agree with where the group is going, but teamwork requires a little compromise. Choose your battles and only fight the ones that are really important. Everyone will come out ahead.

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 04:26:22 AM »

Thx Suse!!!!

Ms. D, M.B. sleeping in????  I would too if I didn't have to work....

HAPPY FRIDAY ONE AND ALL!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 04:32:18 AM »

wave Good Morning, everyone!! wave

Josh Groban, John Mayer, Clay Aiken differences, Josh Groban, John Mayer, Clay Aiken quizz.

Consider yourself a fan of Josh Groban. See how well you can differentiate between this Christian crooner and fellow songsters Clay Aiken and John Mayer. Get at least two right, and maybe, just maybe, you can call yourself a true fan.

Josh Groban is known for his hit single, "You Raise Me Up," Groban is touring on his latest release, Closer.

John Mayer may have won a Grammy for "Daughters," but he lost big time on this year's fashion red carpet.

Clay Aiken: Sure, he lost to Ruben Studdard on American Idol, but he sold more records with his debut release, "Measure of a Man."

1. Who said, "I knew what I wanted to do when I was 13 and I had to go through four years of high school to get out. That's a blessing, because I never had to lay on my bed staring up at the ceiling going, 'What am I going to do with my life?'"

A. Josh Groban
B. John Mayer
C. Clay Aiken

2. Whose last name is actually Grissom?

A. Josh Groban
B. John Mayer
C. Clay Aiken

3. Who played a teen named Malcolm who sues his prom date on Ally McBeal?

A. Josh Groban
B. John Mayer
C. Clay Aiken

4. Who is originally from Los Angeles?

A. Josh Groban
B. John Mayer
C. Clay Aiken

5. Who dated Jennifer Love Hewitt?

A. Josh Groban
B. John Mayer
C. Clay Aiken

6. Who demonstrated his ability to turn both his feet backwards on the Ellen DeGeneres show?

A. Josh Groban
B. John Mayer
C. Clay Aiken

7. Whose song plays during the ending credits of Troy, a movie starring that other sensitive hunk, Brad Pitt?

A. Josh Groban
B. John Mayer
C. Clay Aiken

8. Who sang a duet on his debut album with Charlotte Church?

A. Josh Groban
B. John Mayer
C. Clay Aiken

9. Who sang "Proud of Your Boy" for the special edition Aladdin DVD?

A. Josh Groban
B. John Mayer
C. Clay Aiken

10. Who dropped out of the Berkeley School of Music in Boston?

A. Josh Groban
B. John Mayer
C. Clay Aiken

Go here for the answers:
WESTCOASTMUSIC

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 04:33:56 AM »

'Idol' singers take in North Shore sights, lu'au

By Wayne Harada
Advertiser Entertainment Writer

FEATS OF CLAY: Hawai'i's first "American Idol" contestant, Jordan Segundo, hooked up with Season 2 runner-up Clay Aiken, and they had a ball last weekend, touring the North Shore, stopping at Pipeline, checking out the Blow Hole, doing touristy things.

"Despite all that has happened, it was great to see that Clay's the same ol' guy from 'American Idol' that I first met," Segundo said about the hugely busy Aiken. Segundo and Aiken's party had a leisurely trek; Segundo and his manager Nancy Bernal also hosted Aiken at the Royal Hawaiian hotel lu'au last Monday night, enabling him to sample Hawaiian food and dance. Segundo did an impromptu "Unchained Melody" vocal, too. You recall, Aiken has been in town for the Bubel/Aiken Foundation benefit last Friday

HONOLULU ADVERTISER

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 04:37:13 AM »

While it usually takes years to get a career started, some artists started out with a bang. Are you an expert on great music debuts? Take the quiz and find out.

CHANNELONE.COM

*the pic there is Clay*

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 04:38:45 AM »

This group of “American Idol” wannabes is different from other seasons simply because they are better. In prior seasons, there were definite standouts like Kelly Clarkson, Clay Aiken, Josh Gracin and Fantasia Barrino. This time, they all seem to stand out and for different reasons.

STURGISJOURNAL

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2005, 04:42:47 AM »

Now more than a month into Idol's fourth season, Fedorov, 19, continues building on his early popularity. The online auction house eBay is selling "Vote for Anthony" T-shirts. Fan clubs, Web blogs, Internet chat rooms are all speculating and debating the talent of the so-called blonde Russian whose been compared to second season runner-up Clay Aiken.

Host Ryan Seacrest chatted with Fedorov on Monday night and asked him about the comparisons to Aiken. "I think it's great to be compared to a great recording artist," Fedorov said.

PHILLYBURBS

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2005, 04:47:09 AM »

From billboard.biz

Sony BMG is getting into the film and television business, CEO Andrew Lack told attendees of the daylong Billboard Music & Money Symposium today (March 3) in New York.
He said Sony BMG in the next quarter will launch a dedicated unit of a dozen staffers to produce film and TV programming that incorporates the company's music acts.

Four projects are currently in development. He declined to disclose the nature of the projects, or artists associated with them.  

No link. Subscription only. Thanks to kmh135 at the Clackhouse.

Clay "is" the "News"
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2005, 04:47:11 AM »

Morning!! Thanks for getting us started Susan! I hope you were snoozing Deanna!

I didn't get to sleep in today..had to get hubby and son up and moving.

Her- You asked yesterday if I was OK? Yes I am and thanks for asking. Just haven't visited the OCD recently. Planning to pop in today!

Cat has been sick- to the tune of $300.00. Kid has been sick since Saturday- school canceled due to weather for 2 days. Kid is better and BACK at school today!

Busy day planned today! Talking to a real estate agent today about adding another career to my resume. Dentistry is fine..but I don't see me doing it for long- at least not where I work. Deanna- hope yours is going well! It has a really great website!

Off for some news!!

Lora
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2005, 04:49:23 AM »

Jopling Globe

What do you think of this opinion??

How ugly are these music stars?

Jeremiah Tucker
Columnist
3/4/05

1. Clay Aiken - Clay Aiken is about as much a man as a naked Ken doll. Why not just marry your daughter off to a mannequin? Apparently, moms are actually happy that their daughters finally have a nice boy to gush over.

he made it number one on this guys list....JEALOUS!

Lora
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2005, 04:51:16 AM »

UNC Nineronline

Homecoming door decorating contest winners announced

by Blake Caplan
UT Staff Writer
March 04, 2005 12:00 AM

snip

From there, students would run around the offices from room to room. Each office room was decorated for a particular sport, with posters all over the wall and equipment on the floor. After touring the rooms, students would go to the finish line and prepare for the awards ceremony. When students walked into the closing ceremony in the office conference room, there was a table filled with all the bobbleheads this University has distributed, even the Clay Aiken bobblehead

Lora
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2005, 04:52:52 AM »

Clay mention:

Cleveland.com

But he came so close and rose so high that he could, in the shorthand terms of pop culture, be considered the Clay Aiken of Ireland -- except that Kilbane is 35, has been married for 17 years and has a couple of teenage kids.

Lora
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2005, 04:52:57 AM »

Good Morning, Lora!!

It occurs to me that I can not even remember the last time I slept so late that it was actually light out when I got up!!! Laughing

Here is some          for all the news watchers.

(coffee, tea and decaf)

Have a great day, everyone!!  TGIF!!!

Clay "is" the "News"
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2005, 04:55:09 AM »

Deanna- I LOVE to sleep late!! I am really good at it! Feel guilty about it but hey..I can live with it!

Hope you had pleasant dreams!

Thanks for the beverage!!

Lora
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2005, 05:09:16 AM »

Yes I am and thanks for asking. Just haven't visited the OCD recently. Planning to pop in today!

It occurs to me that I can not even remember the last time I slept so late that it was actually light out when I got up!!!
 sounds like me!!!

Thanks for the news everyone!!

I wish I had the Clay/Ken doll..you know the one dressed up in the "Grease" outfit!!!     Smack

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2005, 05:17:59 AM »

morning everyone- have a great day

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2005, 05:56:35 AM »

Mornin' to you Marilyn and hope your day is great!!!!  OCD is talking about having a partay!!!!

lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2005, 07:17:16 AM »

BOY AM I LATE.  I STARTED TO POST AND BLEW A FUSE IN MY OFFICE.  TOO MUCH HEAT.

GOOD MORNING DEANNA AND FRIENDS.  SOMEHOW I WOKE UP THIS MORNING REALLY, REALLY FEELING LONELY FOR MY CLAY.   Cry!  Cry!

THANKS FOR ALL THE NEWS AND WILL CHECK BACK LATER FOR UPDATES.
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2005, 09:48:05 AM »

Have YOU helped them decide which acts to bring to Michigan?? Remember Doug Pullen- the great writer of articles pertaining to Clay...here is some mentions of Clay..I attended the Saturday Clio concert and it was THE BEST of the tour I had seen! Would love to see him again!

mlive.com

The spotlight's really on you with Whiting survey
FLINT JOURNAL COLUMN
FLINT
THE FLINT JOURNAL FIRST EDITION
Friday, March 04, 2005
By Doug Pullen
JOURNAL COLUMNIST

If you could pick the next Spotlight Series at The Whiting, who would you bring?

snip

Survey results are far from complete, Bellows told me Thursday. She quoted percentages based on the more than 300 surveys that had been tabulated, mostly from subscribers, who tend to be older and more conservative. More than 700 surveys have rolled in, including more than 100 from its Web site, thewhiting.com, and some that were distributed to local businesses.

The survey listed more than 120 acts, ranging from pop singer Clay Aiken to the musical "Will Rogers Follies." Sandwiched in between that was an interesting mix of who's touring, who Bellows scouted at a recent performing arts talent expo in New York and a wish list that she devised with her boss, Cindy Ornstein, president and CEO of the Flint Cultural Center Corp., which runs the campus on which Whiting sits.

snip

This is just a wish list. Nothing is set in stone. She might not be able to get any of them. But by seeking the opinions of people inside and outside the usual circles, Bellows can bring back some of the adventurousness of seasons past, reach new audiences and make locals feel like they're part of the process. Novel idea, I know.

snip

Realistically, she'll probably put together a relatively safe season of 15-20 events, including fewer but more popular Broadway shows, an opera, a drama, a classical artist, a couple of comedians, a couple of family shows, a couple of dance companies and three or four music acts. She might be able to throw a few curveballs, too.

Bellows knows that Flint audiences flock to names they know and avoid like the plague they ones they the ones they don't .

If I could bring anyone I wanted on that list, it would hardly sell a ticket. But if I was in her shoes, I'd put together a season that balances sure bets with a few risky ones. Here's the season I would put together: "Chicago," "Hairspray," "Evita" and Bernadette Peters for the Broadway crowd; "Madame Butterfly," Joshua Bell and Kronos Quartet for classical and opera buffs; either the Acting Company or Aquila Theatre Co. for drama enthusiasts; The Chieftains for St. Patrick's Day; Ellen DeGeneres, Jerry Seinfeld, Jon Stewart, George Carlin and Larry the Cable Guy for comedy fans; magician David Copperfield; either Anti-Gravity or Fly Dance Company and the Russian National Ballet for dance aficionados; Kodo, the Japanese drummers (for ethnic music fans); "Beauty and the Beast on Ice" and "Dino Rock" for families; and five or six concerts featuring some combination of Bonnie Raitt (rock), Aretha Franklin (soul), Clay Aiken (pop), Al Green (R&B), B.B. King (blues), Mannheim Steamroller (pop classical), Yolanda Adams (gospel) and Patti LaBelle.

For the Bower jazz and blues series, I'd book Koko Taylor, Peter Cincotti, Nickel Creek (OK, they're bluegrass not blues), Paris Combo and Marcia Ball.

Later in the article-

BACK: There's been a lot of criticism of the Clio Area Amphitheater in The Flint Journal's Talk Back community feedback feature, must of it justified by high ticket prices and the recent decision to cut back on country shows, which practically built that venue. But marketing director Jessica Brown says sales for those three shows, especially Big & Rich, went well last weekend. Despite a $63 reserved seat price, "there are not too many seats left" for that show, Brown said this week. Though she laments the possible loss of many longtime customers, she thinks that June 17 show, the June 24 LeAnn Rimes concert and the Aug. 19 Travis Tritt return will make up for it with new clientele ...

Lora- wishing they bring BACK CLAY AIKEN!!
clays#1fan
UltimateFan

Clay's Speedracer

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2005, 09:58:51 AM »

Thanks for the news!!  

I love ya'll!!  

Joyce wave
Clay makes me happier than a kitten chasing a leaky cow!  
I love Clay more today, but not as much as tomorrow!
www.myspace.com/joyce1010
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx