gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:07:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 363
Total: 363

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AI4 Performance Review Thread  (Read 19252 times)
clay_fan_20
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2005, 12:51:30 AM »

thanks stellium!!! you know i'm always here reading you before i download all the performances
Franny
Claylicious

« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2005, 03:55:04 AM »

Thanks Stellium, your review of last night's performances was awesome.

"The Keeper of Clay's Magic"
Just a little of "Clay to start my day" brings the sunshine, even along with the rain... It makes all the difference in the world.
I call it Clay's magic.

Prayers for JJ
Kramer
« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2005, 05:13:09 AM »

Thanks for the info about Mary & Nick!

stellium
« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2005, 07:27:17 PM »

You guys are so nice,  thanks.

The Results on Wednesday, April 27th:
Ryan says now it gets really serious. All of the contestants are on one couch, no top or bottem rows. Ryan introduces their group song, "Emotion", by Destiny's Child. Each takes a solo part, and all sound good. Scott really uses his falsetto high notes tonight. He sounds very much like Aaron Neville.

The commercial is "20th Century Boy", a really funny including Anthony dressing up like the plant, the wallpaper, to find the runaway Ford miniature car.
Ryan announces that their single , "When You Tell Me That You Love Me", is #1 on the Billboard Single Sales Chart. And that their summer tour tickets will go on sale on May 20th.

The results begin by the news that the person going home tonight has been given over 35 million votes since this season's voting began. One person, Ryan says.

He divides them into two groups. On the Far Side, first Vonzell, and then Anthony. On the Near Side, first Carrie, and then Bo. Scott and Constantine are brought out to stand by Ryan. Scott is on the far side of Ryan, and Constantine by the near side group. He tells them to choose which group, they shake their heads, he says Do It Now, so first Constantine goes to Carrie-Bo, then Scott goes there, too.

Ryan tells Constantine that he has made a mistake, he belongs with Vonzell and Anthony. Scott is safe. Then Vonzell is told she is safe , and sits down. Ryan says before I tell you this, ask yourself, did you vote? He asks Simon what he thinks, as he told Scott to pack his bags. Simon says he still would have sent Scott home last night, but if Scott can pull in 6 - 8 million votes, then he deserves to be there on the safe couch.

Constantine is out ! All are shocked, Paula is crying a lot of tears, his family in the front row are so upset, his mother disbelieving and receiving hugs and comfort from Paula.

They give Constantine lots of time to watch the Journey, talk some more, and sing his entire rock song by Nickelback. He does not end up on the stage with the others, but goes down to hug his family, as last night when they went to his home, he said he would like to win Idol because his family has done so much for him and would be so proud of him
clay_fan_20
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2005, 08:51:03 PM »

THIS IS THE MOST ABSURD THING EVER!!!!!

*edited post - Aikenseeker*
stellium
« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2005, 06:32:25 PM »

The TOP FIVE:

SUMMARY OF PERFORMANCES:
RYan tells them in the Red Room last week the two themes ! They will have twice as much work. Leiber and Stoller with their 50 years on the charts, 24 of Elvis' songs, any song by them. And this week's Top 40 Chart, any song from several of them.

1. Anthony - "Poison Ivy" - by The Coasters - "Because I'm a goofball." 1-866-43657-01, - Having fun in a red shirt and red tennis shoes, wearing his glasses tonight, he is trying to sing over the very loud band, and his vocals are not very strong. The song doesn't have a dynamic bridge for him.

Randy - Out of tune, not amazing. I'm lookin' for a winner.
Paula - I haven't seen you before having this much fun. I liked to see you doing this.
Simon - That was insipid, amateurish , and didn't show off your vocals. You are lucky to have a second song tonight.

2. Scott - "On Broadway" - by George Benson - "Because Simon told me to pack my bags last week, and I'm not going anywhere until I'm a star." 1-866-43657-02 , Wearing a blue shirt and looking more casual for this song, Scott is doing his strongest genre, the R&B vibe with a good rhythm his voice moves to. He sounds good tonight, growling and strong, reaching his notes with ease. His best ever in many ways.

Randy - Some off pitch there, but you worked it out. You did all right.
Paula - You have moxie. You just have it. I only liked this version by George Benson before, but now I like your version.
Simon -Scott, you have more lives than Houdini.   You had a few bum notes, but that is probably your best performance ever.

3. Vonzell - "Treat Me Nice" - by Elvis Presley. Because she wants to have fun tonight. 1-866-43657-03, In a black top and casual pants, with high heels, she is laughing and having a great time doing Elvis, her voice sounding good.

Randy - I'm a pretty established producer, and any producer would say that is one of your best performances, that is how to win it.
Paula - Any Broadway producers would pick you in a minute because you are a consummate performer.
Simon - It was a bit of a mess. Too childish, too cute. A mess.

4. Bo - "Stand By Me" - by Ben E. King - 1-866-43657-04 - it is obvious as he begins that this is one of his best vocals so far. We can actually hear his real voice, not a cover of someone else, and he looks hot, intense and more serious than usual. It is great tonight.

Randy - What I love about you, each week you pick the right song, you know just what kind of song you should record.
Paula - Both young and old can sing along with that. I don't need to critique you, just enjoy you.
Simon - They said it all. You chose the best song by a mile.

5. Carrie - "Trouble" - by Elvis Presley - 1-866-43657-05 - Because "it's a sassy song!" - This is her sexy tone she uses for the get-down songs, and she IS sassy, sexy, with an attitude. She even kicks over the microphone half way through.

Randy - You know exactly who you are. It was a great song choice.
Paula - My favorite performance. You're a star.
Simon -   You have to give your fans what they want, and they will love that.

1b. Anthony - "Incomplete" - by Backstreet Boys - #28 on Top 100 - 1-866-43657-01- He chooses a gorgeous song that fits his range and tone beautifully, as he performs in a sincere and passionate delivery. His voice is at its best.

Randy - You had some pitch problems, and when you perform somone great, and are compared to the Backstreet Boys, you had a 5 out of 10.
Paula - It's difficult when you do a group song, but you are suited to these type of songs.
Simon - Your last song was a disaster, but you chose the right song here, and you did very well.

2b. Scott - "Everytine You Go Away" - by Brian McKnight -
1-866-43657-02 - Wearing a black shirt and jacket, he looks confident and right on it tonight, on pitch, a soaring voice at times that keeps up with the syncopated rhythm of this hit. He is doing great tonight.

Randy - You did it again ! You pulled it out! And you sang it.
Paula - You own this stage. This has been your best night.
(Scott: "I did it for Simon". Simon: Why? Scott: "I'm not goin' home!")
Simon - Not happy to be talked to that way by Scott, he changes his mind with whatever he was going to say good, and decides to put him in his place. "That was more flat than in tune. You did much better on the first song."
Ryan asks Scott what will happen tomorrow night? Scott says, "I'll be planning what song to sing next week."

3b. Vonzell - "When You Tell Me that You Love Me" - by American Idol Season 4, #1 on Single Sales Chart. 1-866-43657-03. After saying how much she loves the photo shoots with people fixing her hair and putting on the makeup, she comes out looking gorgeous in a brown clinging dress with jewelry to match. We can hear her voice very clearly tonight, and it is indeed beautiful. She has the perfect tone for this song that is their charity single on their CD.

Randy - (standing ovation) That was a perfect vocal.
Paula - Beautiful . I love the song.
Simon - It was not perfect. Every voter better get on it tonight, because you had an off night.

4b. Bo - "How Far is Heaven" - by Los Lonely Boys - #2 - 1-866-43657-04 - Wearing a white leather fringe jacket and carrying the microphone around again, he is a little under the band and it's not easy to hear the words. His voice is not as good for this song as the first one. He is not as focused.

Randy - You are the captain of the dog pound tonight.
Paula - What can we say? You look fantastic, it was a fantastic song.
Simon - You had a good night. You make the others look like amateurs.

5b. Carrie - " Bless the Broken Road" - by Rascal Flatts - 1-866-43657-05 - Sitting on the stage at first, in a gorgeous Spanish black and white skirt around her knees, she has a poignant ballad tonight that talks about her broken heart over a previous love leading her "straight to you", singing in a sweet and beautiful voice, fits her tone just right, and she uses her trademark higher notes to show emotion.

Randy - That is the perfect song for you. I would have bought that recording.
Paula - Simple. Eloquent. Perfectly beautiful.
Simon - You sang it beautifully, even though it was a little robotic, it was beautifully, beautifully done.

breezy
« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2005, 09:34:30 PM »

Anyone else hear the SOUR note at the end of  Bo's rendition of 'Stand By Me" tonight?  It was bad.

Everyone in our household, which include 2 pro singers, were amazed when not one of the judges mentioned it.

Gee, wonder why?
stellium
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2005, 06:57:47 PM »

RESULTS: May 4th:

Anthony looks sick again tonight. His face is white and nervous at the beginning of the show. Ryan is dressed immaculately in an off-white suit, white shirt, and light blue tie. Bo is wearing very unattractive sunglasses. We don't know why.

The Top 5 sings "Bridge Over Troubled Water". We don't know why, again. Bo is given lots of lines in the song, there are some short duets with Carrie and Anthony, Bo and Scott. They do a very strong rendition, different than Clay's in many ways, but good.

At the end of the song, a mystery. The group presents each of the men judges with a beautiful bouquet of flowers, and we don't know why, but obviously meant for them to give to Paula offcamera. She kisses the girls in thanks.

The Ford commercial tonight has a dog in the car, with the keys, and each of the five try to bribe the dog until it finally gives them the keys, and they drive off. The name of the commercial is "A Message to You, Rudy". We don't know why, again.

For the results, Anthony and Scott are told to sit on the couch, but not told they are safe, although they appear to believe they are. Until Carrie is told to stay on stage with Vonzell and Bo, and then they are told the three are safe.

Scott sings "Everytime You Say Goodbye" and Anthony, whose birthday is announced today as 20, sings "Incomplete". They tell Anthony, sorry, bad news, ......we forgot to get you a birthday card, but good news, you are safe.

Scott is out. His journey is shown, and he sings the beginning of "Broadway". He does not look too upset tonight, and said earlier in the show he was beginning to get nervous. After the best night of performances he has ever had, Scott is going home. We don't know why.
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2005, 06:48:53 AM »

After the best night of performances he has ever had, Scott is going home. We don't know why.

Yes, we do know why.  He got the least number of votes.

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
stellium
« Reply #89 on: May 10, 2005, 06:16:15 PM »

No,  he didn't,  ClayMaine.   Idol just wanted  to prove the Vote the Worse site was ineffective.  

This was Scott's best performances ever,  he had gathered more and more fans,  and the others were not as good.

You will never convince many of us that he got the least votes.
stellium
« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2005, 06:20:26 PM »

We are now down to the FINAL FOUR: Anthony, Bo, Carrie, and Vonzell. Two songs for each. Who will go this week?

Ryan begins the show by asking, 'So how was your week? Lots of shock and outrage concerning the show, but that's what you have when Scott Savol is gone from the show."

The theme is Sound of Philly; Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff songs. And, Sound of Nashville, Country. We begin with Country songs:

COUNTRY FROM NASHVILLE:

1. Carrie - "Sin Wagon" - (Dixie Chicks) - 1-866-43657-01- For those of us who remember Amy Adams spectacular performance of this song last season, this one did not measure up. There was not as much energy, it seemed slower, and Carrie's voice is not as strong tonight. But she is prancing and dancing, looking the part, and adding verses to last season's song, as they have a longer time to sing tonight. She is wearing a black top with rhinestones decorating the front, and her plea for God to forgive her for being sinful looks rather out of place.

Randy - You know who you are. This song is ready for the record charts.
Paula - Randy said it all. Great record.
Simon - You are so effortless when you sing, like you are singing in the shower.
Ryan - Trying to get Carrie to say she is competitive, but she says like Simon says, they will have a life after this, and if she goes home, she will be fine. Ryan urges her: "But you do want it?" "Yeaaah !", says Carrie.

2. Bo - "Great Day to be Alive" - Travis Tritt - 1-866-43657-02 - Dressed very plainly tonight, with little extra decoration, in a dark shirt and pants. He is low key, relaxed, a nice tone to his voice.

Randy - A great peformance. Not a very exciting song, I didn't like that choice very well. But brilliant.
Paula - That was too easy. Pick songs that challenge you.
Simon - Very boring. Lazy, uninspired, like a jam in a local club. Wasn't great.

3. Vonzell - "How Do I Live Without You?" - Tricia Yearwood - 1-866-43657-03 - Her hair is down tonight, with bronze highlights, and she wears a tangerine and white print dress with a beautiful varied hemline. She is singing a slow ballad, and she messes up on one of the lines: "Baby, don't you know.....everything", and she seems uncertain as she finishes the song. This wasn't her best performance.

Randy - You started rough, a little, it felt too slow, but you always bring it home at the end. Each week you pick the most difficult to sing. You did your thing with it.
Paula - How are you tonight? (Vonzell immediately tears up and admits she had a rough day today.) You have nothing to be upset about. You are a beautiful performer with grace and dignity.
(Vonzell is crying now.)
Simon - This is the most nervous I've ever seen you. You are obviously very emotional, so let's leave it at that.

4. Anthony - "I'm Already There" - LoneStar - 1-866-43657-04 - What a beautiful and touching song ! Anthony is wearing all denim tonight, and his neck and shoulders look wider from working out in the gym. He is very effective, his voice soaring with this emotional song about a father wishing he could be with his kids. It brings a catch in the throat to listen to him.

Randy - Gotta give you props. It was good!
Paula - Good performance. I still want to see you stretch.
Simon - You sang that well. Here tonight it feels like a Miss Universe contest. It felt gooey and syrupy.

PHILLY: GAMBLE AND HUFF SONGS:  Kenny and Leon are in the audience:

1b. Carrie - "If You Don't Know Me By Now" - ( Simply Red) - We are reminded of last season again, as LaToya sits in the audience (Ryan did not acknowledge her by name) and this song is her track on the Idol3 CD last year. Carrie uses lots of glory notes, several in fact, but does not ever really nail the heart of the song. Wearing a simple beige top and brown slacks, with her hair pulled back, she does not give an outstanding performance.

Randy - One of those things, it just didn't work. You never got on track, you were not on pitch.
Paula - This wasn't the right song for you.
Simon - I partly blame the band for this bad arrangement. It was boring, lethargic, a complete and utter mess.
(Carrie says "OK" to each criticism. )

2b. Bo - "For the Love of Money" - (The OJ's) - The GOOD sunglasses are on tonight, and he looks so sharp in a black suit, with his rough sneering attitude on display. Bo is hot and strong with this one, a great performance all round. The audience will not stop cheering, and a standing ovation continues.

Randy - LOVED IT ! When your record comes out, this should be on it.
Paula - Your very best performance. I loved it.
Simon - Terrible image. Great performance.

3b. Vonzell - "Don't Leave Me this Way" - (Thelma Houston) - Now she is on it ! A spirited, hot, and right-on vibe to her a she is sexy and energetic in a tight shiny top and black pants, building the song up to a climax. Her voice is perfect for this song. She shows none of the problems of the previous song tonight.

Randy: Excellent job ! You raised the roof! Vindication from your last song, and now people will know you really can sing.
Paula - You do take risks. You stretch yourself, and you just did that here.
Simon - I felt tense for you, and was glad when it was over, as it was a manic performance. Much much better.
(Paula does a karate arm chop at Vonzell before the camera leaves the judges.)

4b. Anthony - "If You Don't know me by Now" (Simply Red) -
He is extremely passionate and intense with this song, the same one Carrie sang but done in a more direct and touching manner. His face expresses such a serious appeal as he sings these lyrics, almost an angry and aggressive tone to his lyrics.

Randy - A much better version of this song. Paula and I both said you put us in mind of Simply Red. Very very good.
Paula - You came on with conviction. You nailed it!
Simon - You sang that very well. But to sing that, you need soul. It was like Woody Allen playing the part of "Shaft".
Ryan asks Anthony: "Do you have soul?" Anthony is not amused: "YES! I have soul."
stellium
« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2005, 04:07:18 AM »

RESULTS: This might be the last week there is any real drama about who will go home. Next week might be a given.

May 11: Ryan opens with a reminder of the Top 10 Tour going out this summer to 41 cities. And the Top 12 CD, "The Showstoppers", will be released next week.

The group song this week is "Islands in the Stream", and for the first time we see how good Anthony and Carrie look and sound together. They hold hands at the end.

Something rather funny tonight, Ryan's hair is combed flat while Anthony's hair is pushed up in front like Ryan's used to be. Carrie's hair is straightened. Vonzell is wearing a very colorful and cool outfit with a silverpiece belt.

Their Ford commercial is "Ready To Go", on a roller coaster track above a city, creating very wild hair styles.

Each of four shares their original auditions:
Vonzell - "Chain of Fools" - wearing two different colored shoes
Anthony - "Angel" - is also called Anatole
Carrie - "I Can't Make You Love Me" - drove 8 hours from her farm
Bo - the first time we get to see Harold's "brilliant" audition

Ryan announces that the Top 3 will fly home in a private jet for their hometown celebration. The 4th contestant will be given a Coach Class ticket home.

Bo is safe.
Carrie is safe.
Vonzell is safe.
Anthony is out. He sings most of his song on camera, some of it to Carrie who is genuinely crying and telling him she loves him. His parents look stunned. And he is gone.
stellium
« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2005, 07:21:41 PM »

TOP THREE on Tuesday ! Clive Davis is on hand to help judge Bo, Carrie, and Vonzell, for three songs each. We know Clive will like Carrie and Vonzell, but will he like Bo? This is performing in front of the Big Boss now !
Clive's Choice:
1a. Vonzell - Clive's pick -"I"ll Never Love This Way Again" - Dion Warwick - 1-866-43657-01 or 1-866-43657-04 -  Wearing a gorgeous black satin floor-length gown with a blue sash,   her hair down tonight,  she is singing slow and carefully,  and seems repetitive in her delivery.   Not her greatest because it lacks her usual spirit and drive.

Clive - You hit the notes great, you have a real strong voice, but be careful of a hint of a smile, this song is about losing someone and not loving again, so no smiles.
Randy - I still think you are one of the better singers, but it started out a little pitchy for me. It's a hard song to sing, the melody is rangy, but you brought it home.
Paula - You have sung some amazing ballads, you have a great range. You did begin pitchy, but you look beautiful, and the end was great.
Simon - One of your biggest nights of your life, this, and I think you were nervous, and it showed tonight. There were some bum notes, but you have two more songs, you can do better.

2a. Bo - "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" - Elton John -
1-866-43657-02 or 1-866-43657-05 - Very nice pants and shirt tonight, he has the sunglasses on and his hair is long and down. He takes his glasses off when he finishes.   This is Clay's song to us,  but Bo does a different version,  almost an R&B but still a ballad, and he changes up the finish in a different way.   His voice is very strong tonight,  and it is a great performance.

Clive - You really captured this song, heartfelt, captured the passion. You made Elton John and Bernie Taupin proud. You know you are on your way.
Randy - You are now permanently in the Dawg House. You know you are on your way.
Paula - Pure brilliance. Magnificent.
Simon - Great, really great. I much prefer this type of song for you than the rock thing. I think we are going to see you next week. That was really, really good.

3a. Carrie - "Crying" - Ray Orbison - 1-866-43657-03 or 1-866-43657-06 - She begins sitting on the stage, in a sleeveless black top and pants, her hair very straight tonight. This song allowed her to reach her soaring high notes, and it was beautifully done.

Clive - I think you did a real strong job. I think you felt the sincerity. I would have loved the falsetto at the end that Roy Orbison brought, but good job.
Randy - You know what I love? We have a real competition going here, Clive. I think this was one of your best vocals. It was hot.
Paula - Poignant, brilliant, subdued. A real nice, nice performance.
Simon - I would have loved to have seen that song stripped down even more. It was a little wooden, that might be down to nerves. I'm not sure about that last note. Round 1 = Bo !

Singer's Choice:
1b. Vonzell - "Chain of Fools" - Aretha Franklin - 1-866-43657-01 or 1-866-43657-04 - Baby V, Ryan says. She comes out dancing and moving in blue jeans and a blue and turquoise top. Her voice is perfect for this song, she is on it and hot, hitting every note and sounding great.

Clive - You picked a true soul classic, made it likeable, turned it into a pop spirited likeable rendition, but to me I think you missed the soulful essence of the song.
Randy - That was one of the best ever sung on this show. You did all the runs, hit every note and beat. I had fun ! That is what this show is about.
Paula - This song has been performed by so many hopeful Idols on this show. Nobody has nailed it with so much gusto, with such soul. So much everything, so much comfort on the stage. It's all about you.
Simon - I think Clive saying you have the likeability factor is what it's all about. Doesn't matter about vocals, because I thought it was terrific, you were having fun, and I think we've got ourselves a competition.

2b. Bo - without a band behind him , Ryan says "This is a first for our live show." - "Within A Dream" - Badlands - 1-866-43657-02 or 1-866-43546-05 - He is taking this one straight out with no music behind him, wearing no sunglasses, he is dressed in a black shirt and white jeans, standing in the dark with a single spotlights on each side. It is a gorgeous gospel - lovesong ballad, and he nails every note, every nuance, he is brilliant tonight, in his best voice, confident and amazing. You can't take your eyes off his face. He feels it and delivers it.

Clive - You took a risk and were bold to do this, you were courageous, and it worked. Bo, you're getting stronger each and every week, and I'm going to make a prediction. We are going to have a great time making an album.
Randy - You know what I love about this: this is the way you come in to audition, you sing acapella, just stand there and face us. You are the bomb. That was courageous, unbelievable.
Paula - You are truly a gift, and what America doesn't know about you yet, you are a gift inside and out. You are a wonderful soul, and the rest of the world will get to experience this. I'm very excited for you.
Simon - You may have just put 34 musicians out of work.

3b. Carrie - "Making Love Out of Nothing At All" - Air Supply - 1-866-43657-03 or 1-866-43657-06 - This has become a typical song for her. She strikes her confident stance and puts her head back to let it rip. Appearing casual in jeans and white shirt, she sounds strong and good.

Clive - That song is special to me, because I shared in the hit with Air Supply. You threw yourself into it, your voice soared. You did it with conviction.
Randy - You can definitely, definitely sing. You can blow,.
Paula - You sang it great. Unbelievable.
Simon - You had a good night tonight. I think you might have sung the first song better. I wouldn't have wanted to follow Bo. I think you pushed that song some in the middle; there was straining a bit. (audience boos). They disagree.

Judge's Choice:
1. Vonzell - Simon's song - "On the Radio" - Donna Summer -
1-866-43657-01 or 1-866-43657-04 - Gorgeous in a pink sequin top and tight black pants, she is moving in a disco step, but her voice seems shaky, and the song is too slow. Very repetitive toward the end.

Clive - You were totally in your element here. Simon picked a real good song for you. You delivered big time.
Randy - I like it that you throw caution to the wind. You are smiling up there and having fun. I enjoyed it.
Paula - I like to see you enjoying yourself. Keep on having fun. Way to go, Vonzell.
Simon - I echo every word of Clive Davis.

2. Bo - Paula's song - "I Can't Get No Satisfaction" - Rolling Stones - 1-866-43657-02 or 1-866-43657-05 - In a pumpkin yellow shirt and yellow sneakers, he runs onstage and carries his microphone around the stage the entire song. This is what he likes, rocking out, and he has the audience with his contagious spirit. Paula is standing and pumping her fist in the air.

Clive: You really nailed it ! You did it with spirit and attitude. Tonight you had three totally different songs, and you made each one your own. Bo, this was your night.
Randy - You know what I feel like? Like I'm attending a Bo concert. You are definitely on your way. You rocked the house.
Paula - Listen up ! (to the audience) You get one more free week of Bo, and then you will have to pay to see him from now on.
Simon - You've had a very strong night tonight. I've heard it all at weddings. This one was just light fluff.

3. Carrie - Randy's song - "Man, I Feel Like A Woman" - Shania Twain - 1-866-43657-03 or 1-866-43657-06- A very low voice in the beginning, it is not her usual good tone with a song. The band seems too loud as she struggles to sing over it. The song is the shortened version, she keeps repeating the same words, and it was not very good compared to her usual performance level.

Clive - Country pop is your genre, it just radiates from you in your face and your body.
Randy - A perfect song for you. Shania was a good choice.
Paula - I love hearing you do that song.
Simon - The first half did not sound like you, the second half was better. I think it was good enough to get you into the final.

stellium
« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2005, 07:11:58 PM »

RESULTS on Wednesday ! The two who advance for the final show next week will be the center of attention for a red carpet extravaganza in Hollywood's fanciest theater, The Kodak.

We begin with the surprise the show gave the studio audience last night, a preview showing of "Star Wars Revenge of the Sith", in the theater next door. Bo, Carrie, and Vonzell go, too.

Vonzell Florida home visit - Ft. Myers - private jet and radio interviews, visiting the post office, riding in a limo, sailing on a 4 million dollar yacht with her family, to a huge crowd in Centennial Park where the mayor gives her the key to the city, then a farewell dinner with the family, and exhaustion.
Vonzell sings "Chain of Fools" again, wearing a shiny sea-green top and jeans, she looks so pretty tonight with her hair pulled back on the side.

Their Ford commercial is "One Way or Another", changing cars to avoid a crowd searching for them.

Bo's home visit has him meet two from Lynryd Skynyrd at the hotel, Ricky Metlock and Ian Evans. He has his radio interviews and instore signing, then on to City Hall with the mayor of Helena, Alabama., where he gets very emotional and teary eyed. He ends the visit by performing at the city amphitheater in front of a crowd of 8000.
His song for tonight is to repeat the acapella "Within A Dream".

Carrie's Oklahoma visit - She says she was never on a plane before Idol, and now she has a private jet taking her home, a population of 4000. But for Carrie there is a crowd of 10,000 there. She sings the National Anthem for them, is given a certificate from her college, and a plaque showing she has been inducted into the Oklahoma Hall of Fame. Her crowd signing is in her high school. Finally some time with her family and her pets before leaving.
She sings "Crying" again tonight, and she is sweeter, more quiet. She looked sick again right when the show began. Tonight she has a gorgeous black top with shiny decorations, and her hair is flipped back at the bottem in front.

Ryan says 37 million votes came in last night. The one going home is Vonzell. She watches her journey, and then leads in a grouip song, "United we stand, Divided we fall." Carrie seems so emotional she can hardly sing. Vonzell continues her bright smile the entire show, and goes down the judge's table for a kiss from each one, even Simon.
stellium
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2005, 06:09:16 PM »

Here we are ! The week of the FINAL TWO ! Bo and Carrie at the Kodak Theater.

A fabulous set, 3585 seats filled with screaming people loving both of them. Ryan says it's so close, split right down the middle. Boy vs. girl. Hope there is not another movie afterwards, Ryan says. 4 hours to vote tonight, three numbers each.
Their coin toss, after Ryan losing the picture coin down the grate, showed Carrie on top, and she chose singing second.

1. Bo - "The Long Long Road" - original song for him.
1-866-43657-01 , 1-866-43657-03, 1-866-43657-05 -
Wearing light-red tinted sunglasses and wearing jeans and a white shirt, Bo begins low and quiet, builds to "missing you" ... "you're home".
It is a beautiful song that he delivers with strength and confidence.
Randy - I did not love that song. You started shaky and rangy, but you brought it home. You ended on a better note than I expected.
Paula - It doesn't matter what you sing, everybody vibes with you. It's hard to sing a song for people that nobody knows.
Simon - You look like my chemistry teacher. No, that is not good. The song was dreary. You've got to do a heck of a lot better than that to win tonight.

2. Carrie - "Inside Your Heaven" - original song for her.
1-866-43657-02, 1-866-43657-04, 1-866-43657-06 - She is wearing decorated bluejeans with a coral blouse and tan jacket, her hair very straight. She begins in a perfect key for her voice, very strong tonight. It is a wonderful song that brings a catch to the throat and tear to the eye with her voice so emotional.

Randy - Wow, wow, wild night. Bad news again, I didn't love that song. The first half was pitchy, you didn't seem to connect with it, but you brought it home at the end.
Paula - Congratulations to you, too, for being here tonight. A few notes might not have been good, but who the heck cares. They all love you.
Simon - You need to pace yourself. Your vocal was right on the edge there. Your song was much better than the first one. You win the first round.

1b. Bo - "Vehicle" - (Ides of March) he performed first on April 19th - - Very nicely dressed in good slacks and a blue denim shirt, with no sunglasses this time. The song does not seem to have as strong of a focus as the first one for Bo, he is shaking the audience hands a lot, not concentrating as well. It is his favorite rock kind of performance carrying the microphone.

Randy - That's what I'm talkin about. Great song. That was hot.
Paula - You couldn't perform that better than you did right now.
Simon -- Okay, Bo, welcome back. Now we got ourselves a competition.
We see the Top 12 contestants seated in the front row applauding.

2b. Carrie - "Independence Day" - (Martina McBride) - A flowing salmon-colored top with her jeans - this is the kind of country song she loves, with a sad story and lots of heart and spirit. Her voice is strong and confident in her genre.

Randy - Welcome back, Carrie - That's the Carrie I love. That was hot.
Paula - Carrie , that was brilliant. Just a great vocal.
Simon - I don't think it was a great vocal. It sounded a little strange to me. You should have chosen the song you sang last week, "Crying".
Round 2 to Bo.

1c. Bo - "Inside Your Heaven - original song-
1-866-43657-01, or 03, or 05 - Looking very dressy in an ivory suit jacket with his good pants, he is delivering this new song written for their singles in a more subdued way, with a different arrangement at the end. His vocals are heartfelt and his voice is great tonight. It's a beautiful song that the 19 writers have created for them this year.

Randy - You made me love that song now. That was amazing.
Paula - You went beyond your range. I just fell in love with that song.
Simon - Your nerves showed a little, the first time I've seen that on you. (Bo nods) I think you outsung Carrie on that. I just want to say this is my last chance, how much we have enjoyed having you on American Idol this year.

Bo says in answer to Ryan's question that this experience has been magical and surreal. Then he looks at the audience, "As long as you cats come out to see me sing, I'll stay til the last one is gone." His beautiful eyes are sincere and serious, and he seems very touched.

2c. Carrie - "Angels Brought Me Here" - (Guy Sebastian)
1-866-43657-02, or 04, or 06 . She is wearing a black knee length dress with a v-neck and jewely, not very flattering on her as she sings without moving much. This song is not as good as her usual performances, she is straining a bit, and her emotions overcome her on the last phrase, as she misses her notes and is almost crying.

Randy - Wow. This is the first time, I give you a standing ovation.
Paula - You have accomplished more in six months, and you will never face a more scary time than this has been. Everyone thinks you are awesome.
Simon - You know, Carrie, you've got a lot of guts. You are competing with someone who is older than you, who has more experience. I think you have done enough tonight to win this competition.
Ryan says that tomorrow nght she will be singing with Roscoe Flatts. Carrie "loves them to death" and is looking forward to getting out there and touring, having fun.
A good recap of the season is shown the last five minutes back to the first auditions to the song "Keeping The Dream Alive".  . And Idol 4 competition is finished.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2005, 10:26:29 PM »

Thanks stellium, very nice recap!

I thought Carrie seemed a little nervous, and Bo seemed to not be quite up to par either.  There were rumors he had been sick, and that Carrie also wasn't feeling well.

I think they are both exhausted.  I remember on the finale for season two, both Clay and Ruben said they were just glad it was over.

Whomever wins, they will both get to make a record and they all will be on tour this summer.  After that, it's up to each of them to work it!

See you tomorrow night!
stellium
« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2005, 01:48:48 PM »

Thanks,  Pamela,  it was a finale night of great music and totally inappropriate silly recaps of the worst singers.  I felt sorry for the audience there expected a great live show,  and they had to sit and watch a big TV screen show what they have already seen many times.   What an insult,  and waste of the finale night.

It made me wonder if a former Idol winner was supposed to sing and suddenly couldn't make it?   Seemed like last minute fill-ins to me.

Before Carrie Underwood was crowned the 2005 American Idol,  here is the list of performances during the show,  in alphabetical order:

These are the performances, listed alphabetically:

FINALE RESULTS:

AI4 Top 12 - Beach Boys Medley

Bo & Carrie - Reach (Ford Commercial)

Bo & Carrie - Up Where We Belong

Bo Bice & Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama

Bo Bice - Vehicle (Finale Results)

Carrie Underwood & Rascal Flats - God Bless The Broken Road

Carrie Underwood - Angels Brought Me Here (Finale Results)

Carrie Underwood - Inside Your Heaven (Finale Results)

Constantine M, Jessica S, Nadia T, Kenny Wayne Shepard - Walk This Way

Kenny G, Anthony F, Anwar R - I Believe I Can Fly

Leandra Jackson - Star-Spangled Banner (Finale Results)

Lindsey C, Mikalah G & Babyface - Everytime I Close My Eyes

Scott S, Nikko S, George Benson - On Broadway

Vonzell S & Billy Preston - With You I'm Born Again
Franny
Claylicious

« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2005, 05:59:08 AM »

Congratulations to Carrie. Enjoy the ride.

Bo's quote re: his AI experience:

Bo says in answer to Ryan's question that this experience has been magical and surreal. Then he looks at the audience, "As long as you cats come out to see me sing, I'll stay til the last one is gone." His beautiful eyes are sincere and serious, and he seems very touched.

I'll be there.

Thankyou Stellar for the amazing reviews that you so painstakingly, brought forward to this thread, every week.
Everytime I want to relive the moment, I know that it will be here on this thread.

"The Keeper of Clay's Magic"
Just a little of "Clay to start my day" brings the sunshine, even along with the rain... It makes all the difference in the world.
I call it Clay's magic.

Prayers for JJ
stellium
« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2005, 02:48:25 PM »

You are quite welcome,  Franny.  I'm glad you enjoyed them.   It did take a lot of time on Tuesday nights,  I must admit,  but I liked sharig them.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx