gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:31:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 150
Total: 150

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AI4 Performance Review Thread  (Read 19246 times)
Franny
Claylicious

« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2005, 05:41:52 AM »

Thanks again for a great review Stellium... and Pamela for the downloads and your notes. I would have to give Constantine my vote for the best overall performance last night, even though his voice is not the best, but wow, for everything else. As much as I liked some of Nadia's performances before, there is just something missing lately and unless she has a lot of fans, she may be saying bye, bye, tonight. If not her, then Scott, but he may have the fans to keep him in another week.
How about that Anwar, he's a joy to listen to. He has to stay, not go; no, no, no.
Bo may not want to win enough and who could blame him. But, he is such an asset to AI4, I hope that he is a finalist in the top three. Constantine, Bo and either Vonzell or Carrie.

"The Keeper of Clay's Magic"
Just a little of "Clay to start my day" brings the sunshine, even along with the rain... It makes all the difference in the world.
I call it Clay's magic.

Prayers for JJ
Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2005, 08:02:28 AM »

I JUST POSTED SOME OF THIS ON THE AMERICAN IDOL THREAD BUT I GUESS IT WAS TOO LATE AS I WAS NOT ON THE COMPUTER LAST NIGHT.

A FEW COMMENTS;

CONSTANTINE IS THE "PERFORMER" HE KNOWS HOW TO PLAY TO THE AUDIENCE , HE MAKES LOVE TO THE CAMERA. HE IS A REAL PRO.

NOW HIS VOICE IS NOT PURE LIKE SCOTTS BUT HAVE YOU HEARD OF;
MICK JAGGER OF THE ROLLING STONES, HIS VOICE IS NOT EXACTLY WONDERFUL.
HAVE YOU HEARD OF ROGER DALTRY OF THE WHO? HIS VOICE IS NOT WONDERFUL EITHER. HOW ABOUT GRACIE SLICK OF THE JEFFERSON AIRPLANE OR ANY OTHER NUMBER OF GREAT BANDS WHO HAD A LEADER WHO COULD OUT PERFORM ANY BALLAD SINGER.

MY SON WHO USED TO BE WITH T HE GRATEFUL DEAD FOR 10 YEARS IS POSITIVELY TAKEN WITH CONSTANTINE AND HE THINKS WITH A KNOCK OUT BAND BEHIND HIM HE COULD BE ANOTHER JAGGER.
 I THINK SO TOO.

I WOULD LOVE, LOVE TO SEE CONSTANTINE IN A GREAT GROUP AS THEIR LEAD VOCALIST. HE COULD BRING BACK THE GOOD OLD ROCK AND ROLL BANDS!!!!
THIS WOULD SURELY GIVE MEANING TO THE AMERICAN IDOL , WHICH IS BECOMING BORING. A LITTLE EXITEMENT IS NEEDED AND CONSTANTINE IS THE ANSWER!!

JAN

Because of you, I am confident enough to say that there is a better day on the way, even when I cannot see it.
cjrmax
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2005, 10:11:51 AM »

I found these and thought it was interesting how others saw last night's performances on AI4.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY

WATERCOOLER

ZAP2IT
stellium
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2005, 07:43:03 PM »

RESULTS: "Trust me, you're in for a shock, America!" says Ryan. He says 34 million votes came in.

Talking to each contestant, he asks Constantine about one move he made last night, sticking his tongue out, and Con said he didn't know, maybe he was channeling Kiss, and he turns to the audience, "Did you guys like it?"
Anthony tells Ryan he is very nervous tonight , after Ryan told him he looks like he wants to puke. Anthony's face is white and sick looking.
Vonzell talked about working in the recording studio with star producer Desmond Child in the famous studio The Record Plant, where Barbra Streisand and The Rolling Stones have recorded.
Bo says about the pressure,  "Hey, man, I just entered American Idol on a bet with my mom.   She bet I wouldn't try out,  and I bet she wouldn't sleep on the floor for two night in the try-out lines."
Bo says at the recording studio, "Life is good. It's all gravy from here on out."
We see all 12 recording the single, one voice at a time.

Then all eight finalists come on stage to sing "When You Tell Me That You Love Me." It sounds much better than the first time they performed with all 12.

The next segment follows the contestants all week in their Idol schedules.
Thurday - They pick their songs, go over their favorites with Michael Orland, the musical director.
Friday - They are filmed in their personal interviews with the producers to use for the pre-song segments on the show. Then they are taken shopping by the fashion coordinators, but they are allowed to choose anything they want. Constantine says it is fun to spend somebody else's money.

Saturday - They spend at the studio recording their album and their singles. That evening they go as a group to an activity they can do together, as bowling.
Sunday - They shoot the Ford promo for the commercial on the show. It is hectic and exhausting as they rush around following directions.
Monday - They rehearse with the band for the first time.
Tuesday a.m.
They go on stage to walk through where they will be standing. That afternoon is the dress rehearsal, and then final make-up is applied. Scott says he never spends any time at home in the bathroom putting on a facial foundation, but they apply one here.

5 p.m. - Hollywood time - Show is on.

Wednesday - Everyone is nervous all day, and goes into their own cocoon worried who will go home. We see Bo in bed waking up, and we see that Bo and Constantine are roommates in their apartment. No one is happy thinking someone is leaving.

Ryan tells us, "You won't believe who is in the Bottem 3."

Their Ford commercial this week is "One Nation Under a Groove", as they all copy a part of a red Ford on a copy machine and then paste it together to make a car, along with a copied key. But they have no keyhole to put it in.

Ryan says last night was a very good show, the best show yet. Carrie had a bug, a cold, or allergies, and she said she had nothing left after she sang, she was totally exhausted.

Nadia says whatever happens , it is God's will and part of the plan for her. She deals with the pressure through prayer. Anwar says he was intellectualizing the songs too much, overthinking it, not living them, so now he has given himself permission to experience and be elated about it.

The BOTTEM 3: Scott is called down from the Top row. He sings "Against All Odds". Bo is announced from the Top Row, and he is asked what he thinks. Bo just shrugs and says "it's all good. What is the worst that can happen? I'll go back to performing more gigs just like I always did." He sings his favorite rock song, "Remedy". Nadia is called from the Bottem row and sings "You Don't Have to Say You Love Me".   She tells Ryan she is still glad she chose the off-beat songs she did,  they expressed her true self,  but now it looks like maybe it wasn't such a good idea.
The audience boos many times that these three are the lowest votes.

Scott is safe first and yells "Thank you!" to God and the audience. He got more votes than Bo ! Bo says again, "It's all good," and winks at the audience. He is second safe.

Nadia is out. She thanks everyone home in Miami and her fans. Little girls in her family in the audience are sobbing.
Her journey shows her relaxed times and her great compliments from Simon over the competition.
Nadia leaves us with tears in her eyes and hugs from the now TOP 7.
stellium
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2005, 07:51:35 PM »

Remember when LaToya said last year,  it didn't matter who won,  they are all gonna have a career out of this?   Really fell flat,  and she is one of last year's contestants who does not ,  so far.

Tonight Bo did the same sort of thing.   He really doesn't seem to care if he wins,  he is too casual and shrugs it off,  he will just go back home performing gigs and do what he has always done.   There is no great goal or ambition or excitement for maybe winning the whole thing.   What Paula should have asked him,  instead of do you believe in yourself that you can win,  is "Do you want to win?"  

Because I don't think Bo wants it enough.   And his peformances have shown it,  like he is bored and doesn't want to put forth the extra effort.
And Scott got more votes than Bo did this week.
clay_fan_20
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2005, 08:08:26 PM »

hey stellium, thanks for the review!

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THE VOTING PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!! (sorry hehe)

NADIA?? BO??? WHATTTTTTT???????

as i can read what you posted, i don't think is near of what Latoya said.. if i was him i would probably answered the same way, what can he do if he is in the bottom 2, he probably wants to win, not as badly as the others or maybe he is laid back and he doesn't want to show more enthusiasm, i don't know i'm not Bo lol
littlelady
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2005, 05:05:52 AM »

I think that all of the contestants are much more informed as the years of the show go on. They are well aware that it is NOT necessary to win.... it IS necessary to be on TV for the exposure. Bo, Connie, and perhaps several others have been performing previous to this competition. For, let's say Bo, he was probably being very truthful when he said "what's the worst that can happen? I'll go back (with my band) and continue to do what I've been doing." But, he knows that the EXPOSURE that the show has given him is just as important (and maybe many of the kids feel it is more important) as 19Evil's stranglehold that that will be an albatros for them for years, if they win!

Perhaps Bo, Connie, and others came onto the show with the realization/expatation that they probably wouldn't win, but the opportunity for all that exposure could very well be just as beneficial. Take Clay, for instance. He benefited from the EXPOSURE of the show and, in the end, proved to be much better off for not winning. It was the exposure that was the most important aspect of his being on the show. Maybe Bo was thinking along the same lines. And, let's face it, we all know ALL those competitors know about Clay's situation and the great success he has.

Oh, my heavens! I get on a roll and don't know when to shut up! I just thought I'd add my $.02.... just my opinion.... I just didn't get the vibe that Bo was being aloof about being the show at all. He knows this is all good and is a great way to get him and his band free publicity, with perhaps greater doors opening for him/them as a result of being on the show.  I often wonder how many of the finalist really, deep down, WANT TO BE THE WINNER??? Maybe all of them know, by now, that it might be to their advantage to stay on the show as long as they can, get as much exposure as they can, and not be bound by the winner's contract with them. Who knows....

Well, have a great day everybody!  

Mary Lynne
cjrmax
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2005, 10:00:13 AM »

Tonight Bo did the same sort of thing. He really doesn't seem to care if he wins, he is too casual and shrugs it off, he will just go back home performing gigs and do what he has always done. There is no great goal or ambition or excitement for maybe winning the whole thing. What Paula should have asked him, instead of do you believe in yourself that you can win, is "Do you want to win?"

Because I don't think Bo wants it enough. And his peformances have shown it, like he is bored and doesn't want to put forth the extra effort.

I totally agree with this. Stellium.  In fact I said this to someone yesterday.  I started out really liking Bo and now to me he is just boring and looks like he is just going through the motions.  If that isn't how he feels, maybe he needs to watch himself or something.  He's now off my "A" list.
stellium
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2005, 02:57:53 PM »

Okay,  I agree, guys,  it might be smarter not to win for Bo.   And Anwar is a music teacher who went to school a lot of years for that.  I don't know what Carrie majored in for college these last four years,  but she is a senior and would have graduated in June.  Anthony is so young,  he has a lot of life ahead of him yet.    

Vonzelle works for the post office at a low wage and  has dreamed of this all her life.  She would benefit by winning.   So would Scott.   I don't know about Constantine.   He could take the Idol win to a whole new high of performing in lots of areas.   If he could bring his band with him sometimes.  

For some,  a 7  year contract would be constant security and money.   For others,  it would be like a prison in some respects.   Each of them will have to decide for himself.
Franny
Claylicious

« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2005, 04:50:41 AM »

Well stated Stellium. Your insight is right on target.

"The Keeper of Clay's Magic"
Just a little of "Clay to start my day" brings the sunshine, even along with the rain... It makes all the difference in the world.
I call it Clay's magic.

Prayers for JJ
stellium
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2005, 07:09:41 PM »

PERFORMANCES: TUESDAY, APRIL 19:

Ryan tells us 35 million Americans are sitting around their television sets. "You have total control." He tells the contestants at the end of last week's show the theme will be 1970's Dance Music. He does not allow anyone to guess, because he does not use the word Disco. Scott tells him, "No one's keeping up with me next week."
1. Constantine - "Nights on Broadway" - (BeeGees) - 1-866-43657-01 - He dances ahead of time describing his song, moving like Travolta. Looking sharp in a white jacket, black shirt and pants, and his favorite silver belt, he even has some subtle eye makeup on tonight. His song is slow in the beginning, but picks up the beat, pouting, flirting with the audience. Voice is soaring and passionate for this song, although the background singers get louder at times.

Randy - It was like watching a great Las Vegas performance. Nothing was original. It was like OMG.
Paula - Everything about you is OMG. Your stage presence is beyond. You pick the right song, and whatever happens, you will be singing lots of records.
(fans yells, "I love you, Constantine.")
Simon - You are definitely on a roll, Constantine. But you remind me of a waiter in a ghastly Spanish nightclub.

2. Carrie - "MacArthur Park" -( Donna Summer )- 1-866-43657-02 - She says there are no nightclubs in her little Oklahoma town, so she dances on her bed in front of the mirror in her pajamas. Her hair is crinckled and beautiful, she wears a rose-print dress and looks like a doll. The song requires a lot of different keys in her voice, and she has a very long glory note at the end. Not a lot of energy tonight.

Randy - Unbelievable vocal ! Excellent. Beautiful . One of the best voices in the competition. Bravo.
Paula - Your fans love you. Wow, I have to tell you that last note you held longer than any other Idol.
Simon - You sang it very well, but your styling needs work. You look like Barbie meets Stepford Wives. You're too old to be lookin' like that.
She says she doesn't know what the words mean, but she sang the song because it is so different. "some old dude is playing checkers out in the rain, I don't know."

3. Scott - "Everlasting Love" - (Carl Carlton)- 1-866-43657-03 - He says the 70's music was not his thing, he doesn't like their crazy ridiculous clothes, and he doesn't do choreography dance. He just moves if he is feeling the song and wants the people to have a good time. We remember Clay's song as he begins, and he performs it in a different style, not so intense or strong, but it is a good song for his pitch and key, and he sings well tonight. He is wearing a black jacket and small polka dot shirt with jeans. He surprises by kicking his leg up at the end.

Randy - I'm impressed by you always choosing the right song. It fit your voice, it was hot. I have no problems with it.
Paula - You have fun, it was on pitch. I always give Scott his props.
Simon - I think I've figured out for weeks why you have been safe. You're like the ordinary man out there singing a song, and doing quite well. But an ordinary man can get up in a karaoke bar and sort of entertain an audience.
Ryan asks if he wants to say anything to Simon, and Scott says a very nice God bless you.
Scott was talkative tonight,  in his slow southern way.  He said he sweated the theme this week,  until his mom asked him if this song was on the list,  and he said it was,  she said (falsetto from Scott) "Sing it!  Sing it!"  So he did,  for his Mom's birthday.

4. Anthony - "Don't Take Away the Music " - (Tavaras) - 1-866-43657-04- This is the 19 year old, and this kid can dance ! He shows us how he can groove, knees bent, head bobbin', arms swinging. Looking forward to it because he has a chance "to shake my boootay". He is really good. Ryan promised us we would be for a treat watching him. Anthony tells us he took Life Dance for two years, and it's one of his favorite things to do. He looks happy and relaxed tonight.
The song is perfect for him, the tone sound great, his movements are subtle but fit the rhythm, and he is great tonight, nothing off pitch or strained.

Randy - Every week they wonder if Anthony is gonna fall down. Not this week ! Not tonight ! Gotta give you props.
Paula - Picked the best song. Soothing in your range. Strong vocal ! In pitch ! This might be your best week !
Simon - Not your best week, certainly not your worst week. It was pleasant, safe, and a little insipid.
Ryan tells Anthony you're always happy. He says he is finally beginning to click with himself, enjoying the crowd, being up there.
[ An ad on FOX has a character from "Family Guy" saying he enjoyed "From Justin to Kelly" so much, he is making a sequel called "From Ruben to Clay" in which they play two crime fighters who are Angels searching for their father and Brian Dunkelman.}

5. Vonzell - "I'm Every Woman" - (Chaka Khan )- 1-866-43657-05 - She says her dancing is energetic and fabulous. She shakes and screams in a flowered sleeveless top and jeans, with her hair pulled back in a knot behind her head and falling straight. She is foot stompin' with loud background.

Randy - You chose the song with the highest degree of difficulty and you worked it out tonight.
Paula - I love you. You rocked the house. Best performance tonight.
Simon - Randy's right, one of the most difficult songs. You were right on the edge vocally, but your personality can carry a song like that. No one else could get away with it, but you did.

6. Anwar -- "September" - (Earth Wind and Fire )- 1-866-43657-06 - He loves the fashion of the 70's, every hit song, every hot thing. He shows a few of his dance moves with his face close to the camera. His voice is the same familiar tone, not a really strong tone tonight, but jumping, prancing, skipping, having fun.

Randy - Another good performance. You started pitchy, but you were the bomb at the end. Good.
Paula - Awesome ! Great performance because you were into the moment, you threw caution to the wind.
Simon - Very good ending, as usual. Not a winning performance. It was like a 70's club review I've seen before.
"My band did it, PERFECT COMBINATION, " so he has some history with this song. Ryan recognized the last move from Paula's "Cold Hearted Snake " video of hers.

7. Bo - "Vehicle" - (Ides of March) - 1-866-43657-07- He can't dance, but he can shake his hair over his face. His song, however, is very hot tonight, right on, sounds exactly like the original. This is a good song for Bo's style and tone. But more tonight ..... he has an edge, he looks angry, his eyes are burning and intense. He isn't phoning this one in. "Great God in Heaven, you know I love you," he makes the audience feel.

Randy - Bo Bice is back, America ! Yes, right on the money. I'm a producer, and I can hear a record you'd record for that.
Paula - The competition is back ! You gave me chills.
Simon - I think you've had some bad weeks. This is the only authentic performance you've had of the past seven. Good work.
Ryan tells the entire group they each did a great job tonight.
stellium
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2005, 08:24:36 PM »

RESULTS: Wednesday April 20:
The show surprises Ryan with clips of his new star awarded on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for his many successful radio years in Los Angeles, as many of us heard described on the Larry King show last year. By age 16, Ryan was running his own radio show and taking grown up responsibilities.

He announces that the charity group CD came out yesterday with the three songs the Top 12 recorded. Tonight they perform a new song written by Olivia Newton John's songwriter, John Farrar, who is in the audience. "You Can Shine" features Carrie and Bo playing their guitars, Anwar on piano keyboard, and the other four as vocalists. All sound in very good voice tonight.

The commercial is "Rock This Town" at the carhop, and I have no idea what those figures were that looked like the contestants.

The contestants are reviewed by showing a moment of their song last night and what the judges said,  and it is announced the Bo was the star of the show last night, and only Vonzell got the other good review.

Bottem row seated: Carrie, Scott, Bo
Top row: Vonzell, Constantine, Anwar, Anthony before the group song, and Anthony is moved down for the results to the bottem row.

Tonight they do the thing of two groups on stage, one with the higher votes, one with the lower.
In the Far Right group: Vonzell, Constantine, Carrie.
Far Left: Anthony, Anwar, Scott.
Bo is safe and asked to move to the higher group if he can guess. He refuses and stands in the middle of both. He is told to move to the Far Right.

Scott and Anthony are told to sit down safe, and Anwar is out. His journey show much praise for his voice, and he sings his song from last night while the credits roll.
clay_fan_20
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2005, 08:49:32 PM »

???? ok i know anwar doesn't have a huuuuuge fan base, but come on Scott is staying way too long!!!!!!!!!!!! agh

Stellium when you say they were reviewed, by whom? who? or whatever is said lol

*edited*- Ms D
stellium
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2005, 08:42:31 AM »

ClayFan20,  I edited it for you.   The judges' review of the night before is played back with a minute of their song for each.   They also have some of this when the show begins.
stellium
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2005, 06:30:06 PM »

(I

Top Six this week ! Very tight competition now, with four guys and two girls fighting for their place next week.

TUESDAY NIGHT: Ryan shows how he introduced the theme of music of the 2000's. Anthony says he went to a party at the age of 14, and what happens in Pennsylvania stays in Pennsylvania. Bo says he was "on a gig with my band".
Ryan says we will go back to the homes of each contestant before they sing.

1. Carrie - "God-Fearin Women Get the Blues" - Martina McBride - 1-866-43657-01 - First we see her at home in Checotah, Oklahoma which has only one stoplight. Fishing, playing with her animals that her mom says she loves more than people. She said she sang to the cows when she was little. Her mom has tears in her voice as she says what a good person her daughter is.
Carrie wears a black cowgirl suit and bluejeans, her hair is straight, and she is asking the audience to "come on !" Her song is "God Fearin' Women Get the Blues" by Martina McBride. Her pitch is low and the music is loud, it's a struggle to hear her vocal this week. She is enjoying it, and says afterward she knew that song really well.

Randy - I love the country roots, the guitar and the banjo, but your tone was not on the right level, it was under the whole way until the end it was a little better.
Paula - When you picked this song, you threw away your great vocals. It wasn't my favorite song of yours.
Simon - You chose the song, and people will love you for it.

CLAY IS IN THE AUDIENCE ! Ryan says Guess who we have with us tonight ! Clay is with Mary next to him and Nick on the other side, and they talk to each other all the time Ryan is talking to Clay. Clay says he is a little nervous, he's never been on this side of the stage before, and Ryan says all he has to do is get some socks. "Don't they give you socks when you're a star?" Clay just smiles and holds both hands out with him palms toward the camera.. He is chewing gum. Ryan says , "Comin' in 2nd really hurt your career, Buddy. ....You can scream for him. We love Clay."
Clay looks so cute tonight,  like a young kid,  excited and happy.

2. Bo - "I Don't Wanna Be " (by Gavin DeGraw) - 1-866-43657-02 - We see his home in Helena, Montana, where he owns 12 guitars, has dogs and cats and a girlfriend named Caroline. His Mom wanted him to sing gospel, but that wasn't going to happen.
Bo performs tonight in sunglasses and an African print calypso-type shirt. This is his classic rock mode, and he sings with passion and conviction that this is just the way he wants to be.

Randy - You know what I love? The words say it best, something honest about you.
Paula - You are true to yourself. The song is exactly what you are. Incredible tonight.
Simon - Your confidence is back, you chose the song that you can perform best.
Bo says his sunglasses look like they cost $600, but he got them for six bucks.

3. Vonzell - "I Turn To You" - (Christina Aguilera) - We see her delivering mail in Ft. Myers, Florida, where she is the youngest in a family who all do karate, in her father's class. She breaks a board with her hand, and says she lost her voice screaming during the exercises when she was young. Her brothers are very proud of her.
Her appearance is gorgeous tonight, a beige knee-length dress and very high heels, her hair long. This song we can hear her voice clearly without backup over-riding it, and she is strong and emotional, in a beautiful tone.

Randy - For the 2nd week, you chose the most difficult song, but we are looking for a superstar, the best in America, and you sang that tonight.
Paula - You nailed the song. I was nervous all day hearing you were singing Christina, but it was a great performance.
Simon - I have a horrible feeling it was not as good as you think. The playback will be flat.

4. Anthony - "I Surrender" - (Celine Dion) - 1-866-43657-04 - We meet his parents in Trevose, Pennsylvania, as they play a song they recorded of Anthony singing at a wedding for the first time. It makes his father cry. Anthony says he has always dreamed of being on a stage and singing, daydreaming about at school, and how his parents think it is a miracle.
He begins by sitting on the edge of the stage, starting quietly and building in the emotion of the song, as he stands and goes to center stage with glory notes and a soaring beautiful tone tonight. He tells Ryan later that he has always been wanting to sing this song because it touches a place in his heart, and so he gave it his all.

Randy - You started a little rough, but when you hit the chorus, you brought it home. It was good.
Paula - Kelly Clarkson sang this our first season, so I was surprised when I heard you chose it. But you gave it a beginning , a middle and a end as you built it up. I think it was your best performance.
Simon - You are a brave man. I hated it, but you nailed it. You chose a song that would appeal to those who would like it and vote for you.

5. Constantine - "This Is How You Remind Me" - (Nickelback) - 1 - 866-43657-05 . He is from Brooklyn in New York city, from a Greek family who does traditional cooking and who have harder names to pronounce than his. He was teased a lot about it. His mother says he was such a good boy but quite a pain as a teenager. He is the youngest of his family.
Constantine sings in the classic rock mode tonight, wearing all black, weaving his microphone and running up to sing next to the backup singers. We don't hear his usual great vocals as the song calls for more yelling than singing. Hard to understand all the words.

Randy - I'm happy you have so many feminine fans, that you are a good lookin' kid. You would have been graded high on performance tonight, but low on vocals. This is a singing contest. You were pitchy, I thought it was rough, like sitting in a bar and hearing this song by anybody.
Paula - It wasn't my favorite song you have chosen. But you are the one Idol who can get to every genre and do a good job with them all. You are an amazing performer.
Simon - When you left your band, it was like you crossed over to the other side. That was a very bad imitation of the original, and it didn't feel real compared to the crooning you have done.
Ryan says to Constantine,  "You reminded me of Clay Aiken tonight."  Constantine says,  "Really.  Interesting."  Ryan:  You move like him a little bit."

6. Scott - "Sing For My Father" - (Luther Vandross) 1-866-43657-06 - We see Scott's parents for the first time, in Shaker Height, Ohio, a middle class home, says Scott, well taken care of as a child but they didn't usually get what they wanted when they asked because money was so tight. He said they didn't always get along , but there was lots of love. His Mom says for the past ten years he has had a lot of hard challenges thrown at him, but he always stepped forward and hit it out of the park. His dad says he is sympathetic, his mom says he has always been sensitive. They thought for a while he would be a priest. We meet his son Brandon, and Scott expresses the hope he can provide for him in the best way he can.
Scott is dressed the best we have seen him tonight, looking very nice in a suit with a blue shirt and tie. He sings in his falsetto that he uses at times, where he makes his voice quaver in the higher octave, and he is very sincere as he shows heartfelt emotions for the lyrics of the song. His voice is touching tonight.

Randy - That song showed your weakest vocal so far. It was very pitchy.
Paula - The song didn't do your voice justice.
Simon - I would pack your suitcase tonight (Scott simply looks at him quietly and nods his head.)
Kramer
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2005, 07:07:07 PM »

Who is Mary & Nick that was beside Clay?
stellium
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2005, 07:49:59 PM »

They are seen in his book on the bus with him a couple of times.   His publicist is Mary and his Personal Assistant who handles all the details is his friend from school,  Nick.
stellium
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2005, 07:58:32 PM »

I'm here in Centra Illinois,  and Anthony's line and Scott's line are busy,  busy,  busy.    I think the rockers may have just alienated middle America tonight.   Carrie will do fine.   I'm not sure about Bo and Constantine.

Yes,  I'm serious.
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2005, 08:58:23 PM »

stellium,

Thanks for your recap.  I appreciate all the details you give us.  When I'm watching, I forget who said this and sang what!!

I think you are right about middle America.  They will probably lean toward Carrie, Anthony, and Scott.  The rockers may have hurt themselves tonight.

I still think Vonzell is the "sleeper" in this race and may surprise all of us!!

Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
ILClaymate
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2005, 09:46:19 PM »

Stellium ~ thanks for the recap!  Once I saw Clay was on, everything else was pretty much a blur!  Good think I taped it.  Also I didn't realize you were from Central Illinois...so am I!  Oh and btw, MY phone wasn't busy calling for Anthony or Scott!!  
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx