gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:08:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 119
Total: 119

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MARCH 2  (Read 3906 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: March 02, 2005, 01:43:31 AM »

wave Good Morning, everyone!! wave

Here are some CLAY PICS FROM THE PAC RIM CONFERENCE

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 01:44:51 AM »

Here is the REPORT FROM THE PAC RIM CONFERENCE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 01:47:21 AM »

'Idol' contestant's parents say he is destined for great things
By Steve Wartenberg
Of The Morning Call
For months, as they worried their way through one operation after the next, the parents of Bucks County's newest singing sensation and ''American Idol'' finalist Anthony Fedorov didn't know if their son would make it.(snip)

''Dull as dishwater,'' Simon told Anthony after his most recent performance — a remark Vladimir calls ''nasty.''

Previously, Simon said Anthony reminded him of Season Two runner-up Clay Aiken.

Perhaps it was good Simon didn't compare him to Season One runner-up Justin Guarini, a Doylestown native. Simon called him a wedding singer.

Like Clay, Anthony seems to be one of those lovable nerds that teenage girls want to hug and the mothers of teenage girls would love for their daughters to hug.

''He is really quite a person, a vivacious personality, very outgoing and friendly. He's the kind of young man you'd like your daughters to meet, says Rosenblatt, who has two daughters, both of whom are big fans.

But the aspiring ''American Idol's'' father doesn't like the Clay comparisons one bit.

''My son is not Clay Aiken and is not trying to be Clay Aiken,'' he insists. ''I don't know why people say that, maybe because of what Simon said. But he is absolutely original and different and is his own person.''

MCALL

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 01:51:45 AM »

We’ll Be the Judge of That! American Idol 4, February 28
by Foxes on Idol Judging Staff -- 03/01/2005

As America busily votes for the next American Idol, the Foxes on Idol judging staff is equally hard at work with their own critiques of the show.(snip)

Anthony Federov, “I Wanna Know What Love Is”

David: After that performance, the only way “this year’s Clay” is going to make it past this week is if he gets the original Claymates’ votes. And I don’t think that’s going to happen. He hit one good long note, but everything surrounding it was unimpressive, and some of it was off-key. Despite what the on-site judges said, I just did not think that was good.

FOXES ON IDOL

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 01:58:08 AM »

So What about Those Upcoming AI4 Themes?
(Having the Hens Come Home to Roost)
by James Shepherd (2005/03/01)

Although some may think exploring the area of the music themes for American Idol 4 might be a bit premature, I don't think it is since after next week, the Top 12 performances will commence. During the present semi-finals, each contestant can choose a song in whatever genre of music they so wish, providing it is contained within the list that is given to them - oh yes, you bet your sweet bippy that there are only certain songs that even now they can choose from. It makes you wonder how relevant the criticism from the judges about "song selection" really is, but that is another issue, and we should probably assume that the list of songs given to the contestants contains a wide enough range to accommodate various strengths. It is always good to assume nice things about American Idol... right?

Although theme selection by the producers is not as controversial as contestant elimination or the three judges making stupid comments, on and off the AI stage, it has been a bone of contention in the past by many AI followers. Remember that ridiculous Disco theme on AI2? Who in their right mind would choose a theme such as Disco for a singing competition? Disco "music" was just a very short 70s fad that is not remembered for great songs, vocalists or lyrics. And as for that Latin theme last year on AI3... well, it was just plain sad in my opinion. Choosing very restrictive themes like this only proves which contestants can not cope with such narrow themes and which ones can, and nothing more.

Some Idol competitions in the world do not use music themes in their Top 12 or Top 10 process. Instead, they allow the contestants to choose from a list of songs reflecting a variety of genres, as they are currently doing with the contestants in this AI4 semi-final. But I doubt that the producers of AI4 can resist the tradition of music themes when the Top 12 start performing. Besides it's just another way of tormenting these poor souls. Please imagine Bo Bice singing Disco - it's an easy picture to avoid.

There is one theme that the producers should avoid at all costs, although it might be a really good one: "Debut Idol Single Releases." Think about it though, there are now enough Idol debut releases to provide quite a sizable list. First you can work on the winners' debuts and work your way down:
Kelly Clarkson: A Moment Like This and Before Your Love
Ruben Studdard: Flying Without Wings
Fantasia: I Believe
Justin Guarini: Sorry
Clay Aiken: This is the Night
Diana DeGarmo: Dreams

Of course, there really aren't enough songs above. This is when you can expand to other Idol winners from other countries and the winners' debut singles:
Ryan Malcolm (Can.): Something More
Kalan Porter (Can.): Awake in a Dream
Guy Sebastian (Aus.): Angels Brought Me Here
Will Young (U.K.): Evergreen
Michelle McManus (U.K.): All This Time

The list could go on and on. At least I found one advantage in running an all Idol Internet radio station. Of course, I doubt the producers would want to include the Canadian winners' debuts since they don't seem to want Canadian Idol winners to get any U.S. exposure even if it's just their songs, but then, that too is another issue, eh?

It's the naming of such a theme that is a real toughie though. Calling it "Debut Idol Single Releases" is just too boring. Another name could be "Cheese Fest," or perhaps, "When the Hens Come Home to Roost." Whatever name one could call it, when each contestant sings such songs in this AI4 competition, they will be reminded as to the type of debut song they will probably be singing if they win. Now this too would be another way to torment these poor souls, and perhaps the producers should really consider this theme because tormenting the contestants seems to be the name of game this year. Creative ways of tormenting, other than just the elimination process, might be an exquisite alternative.

Now I know that I'm going to receive at least some flack for calling the above list of songs "cheesy." Quite frankly, I'm a connoisseur of cheesy songs. I love cheddar, gouda and brie, and most of the above listed songs I really do enjoy listening to. Regardless, as for debut releases for people for whom there is a need to heavily promote into the public ear as legitimate recording artists, surely a better job could be done by choosing more appropriate songs. But if Idol is really proud of these debut songs for their new winners, then allowing the hens to come home to roost should cause one very interesting music theme night. Don't you think?

BEAVERS ON IDOL

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 02:02:43 AM »

I did a search on the Canadian Recording Industry's site and this is what I found:

cert. date artist name title label name cdn cont. cert. type award units link

2003-07-17 CLAY AIKEN "BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER" RCA
 Single 6 X Platinum 60,000 view

2004-03-10 CLAY AIKEN "MEASURE OF A MAN" RCA / BMG
 CD Platinum 100,000 view

2004-11-22 CLAY AIKEN "SOLITAIRE / THE WAY" BMG CANADA INC.
 Single Gold 5,000 view

2004-11-22 CLAY AIKEN "SOLITAIRE / THE WAY" BMG CANADA INC.
 Single Platinum 10,000 view

2004-12-09 CLAY AIKEN "MERRY CHRISTMAS, WITH LOVE" BMG CANADA INC.
 CD Gold 50,000

CRIA

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 02:06:09 AM »

Here is the RIAA search results:

Artist Title Cert. Date Label Award Desc. Format Category Type

AIKEN, CLAY BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER 07/15/03 RCA RECORDS P SINGLE SOLO Std

AIKEN, CLAY BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER 07/15/03 RCA RECORDS G SINGLE SOLO Std

AIKEN, CLAY MEASURE OF A MAN 11/17/03 RCA RECORDS P ALBUM SOLO Std

AIKEN, CLAY MEASURE OF A MAN 11/17/03 RCA RECORDS M (2) ALBUM SOLO Std

AIKEN, CLAY MEASURE OF A MAN 11/17/03 RCA RECORDS G ALBUM SOLO Std

RIAA
*Merry Christmas With Love isn't listed, so they haven't updated the database recently*

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2005, 02:22:41 AM »

Here ya go:

Have a great day, everyone!!!

Clay "is" the "News"
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2005, 03:07:31 AM »

Thanks M.B....try to stay safe and warm as you venture forth today....

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2005, 03:14:53 AM »

Clay mention in the
The Kentucky Northerner

Sorry - couldn't get to copy this morning.

Local musical with Clay imitation.

Lora
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2005, 03:18:59 AM »

Thanks Lora...you're always bringing us great tidbits!!!!  Have a wonderful day and have been missin' you at OCD and hoping you are well, honey!

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2005, 04:11:48 AM »

G'morning all!

I'm sorry but if they compare Anothony to Clay in one more article I'm going to scream at the top of my lungs!

That's all, I'm gonna just start screaming. Sigh.

Anyway everyone, here's Clay's horoscope for the day from yahoo.com!

Quickie:
You aren't one to take 'no' for an answer. But today you might have to do just that.

Overview:
You're still dealing with that certain someone who's been trying to bend you to their wishes. Needless to say, you don't much care for bending. So when yet another challenge comes along, don't you dare buckle. Not one iota.

Daily Extended Forecast:
Sagittarians can put up with just about anything, but there's one thing you just can't stand to hear: 'If you loved me, you would.' In your mind, that translates into 'my personal freedom is in dire danger' -- thanks to a (former?) sweetheart, who'll try to guilt you out of it one teeny, tiny step at a time. Well, no thank you. What they're forgetting is that you have no problem with your own company.

Daily Flirt:
Tempers and passions flare at the same time. You may stage a tantrum just as an excuse to kiss and make up.

Daily Couples:
Take yourself out on the town, even if your lover wants to stay home. You deserve a little excitement, and they'll appreciate your improved mood.

Daily Singles:
You're snapping out of your recent dreamy state, and it's like waking up to a beautiful, clear new day. Your good feelings and wonder at it all make friends and admirers want to crowd close.

Daily Career and Finance:
Find out all the facts before you commit to making an investment or signing on to an extra project. There may be some small detail you're missing here. Read all documents closely.

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2005, 04:44:09 AM »

GOOD MORNING DEANNA AND FRIENDS.

THANKS FOR THE NEWS AS ALWAYS.  REAL COLD HERE IN CT.  LETS ALL JUST HAVE ANOTHER CUP OF COFFE AND CALL IT A DAY.

SUSAN - I AGREE.  I CAN'T STAND WHEN THEY CONTINUE TO COMPARE ANTHONY TO CLAY.  THEY JUST WANT TO KEEP CLAYS NAME OUT THERE AND MAYBE JUST MAYBE A CLAYMATE WILL AGREE AND VOTE FOR ANTHONY. OR MAYBE JUST SO MORE PEOPLE WILL WATCH THEIR SHOW.  WHO KNOWS.  BUT I AM SICK AND TIRED OF IT.    

CHECK BACK LATER.
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2005, 05:49:28 AM »

I'm sorry but if they compare Anothony to Clay in one more article I'm going to scream at the top of my lungs!
 Susan, it'll be one heard round the world because I'm right there with you and I'm sure the majority of the Claynation are too!!!!  Thanks for the info today....

Franny
Claylicious

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2005, 06:07:15 AM »

Good morning everyone- Thanks Deanna, Susan & Lora for all the clay news. I love the pictures of Clay at the conference in Hawaii and he has a different look about him, and definitely Anthony and he are not look-alikes.
It's unfair to Anthony to keep comparing him to Clay, and they would do him a big favor if they just let Anthony be Anthony. He's not the performer that Clay is, but he is one gutsy young man.

"The Keeper of Clay's Magic"
Just a little of "Clay to start my day" brings the sunshine, even along with the rain... It makes all the difference in the world.
I call it Clay's magic.

Prayers for JJ
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2005, 07:12:29 AM »

THERE IS NO OTHER CLAY- HE IS THE ONE AND ONLY

HRH CLAY AIKEN

PLEASE- NO MORE WANNABEE'S- NO MORE COMPARISONS

CLAY IS CLAY

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
cjrmax
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2005, 09:29:22 AM »

Our local Fox station had a live interview with Simon last night (I am sorry - but to me he is just very sexy and charming...  That little glint in his eye, his smile, his laugh.... But I digress....).  They asked him first about the odds makers who were giving the edge to Carrie Underwood to win it all.  He said he had thought that at first too, but after tonight he wasn't as sure.  He was sure she would be right up there though.

Then of course, because this is Philly and every chance they can they MUST bring up Anthony Fedorov, they asked Simon about him.  The anchors looked so sure that Simon was going to lavish praise on the home town boy, but... Simon said people seemed to either love or hate Anthony and to be honest he was somewhere in between.  He said he seemed like a nice kid with a decent voice but he found him very boring.  At least he didn't compare him to Clay and no one else brought it up!

I have to agree with Simon on this one.
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2005, 02:08:02 PM »

LIKE EVERYONE ELSE HERE I REALLY DO MISS SEEING SOME FRESH CLAY--BUT I TRULEY UNDERSTAND HIS NEED FOR SOME R&R.
MAY GOD BLESS CLAY IN THE WEEKS TO COME, AS HE DOES HIS WORK FOR UNCEFF.

THANKS FOR THE NEWS!!!

ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx