gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:56:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 353
Total: 353

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Flashback IT 2004 - Share your pics/stories!  (Read 18330 times)
ILClaymate
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2005, 05:02:25 AM »

Quote from: Her
Miami, 2/28/2004!

OMGoodness, a day in my daughter and in my life that'll never be forgotten!

I was sick as a dog, fever, stuffy ears and nose, BUT there was no way I was going to miss meeting Boca, Flakey or Bozena and of course seeing Clay for the first time. This was my daughter's first concert ever!  Miami is about 1 1/2 hours away on a normal day of driving, so I decided to get a hotel room, which was 2 blocks from the American Arena!

Laura and I were both nervous about the Hard Rock Cafe Claymaniac Meeting, but it was wonderful!  (We'd only been conversing for a short period of time on Claymaniacs) Figured, what could they do to us??? Right, public place etc....LOL  They were great!  Laura and I were so nervous, we could hardly eat!  We split a Caesar salad!

Unbeknownst to my daughter, I had upgraded our tickets, which put us 4 rows from the cat walk to the right...our original tix were 27 rows out!  When we arrived at the venue and we stopped at our seats, she was embarassed and thought I was taking other people's seats!  She was so ECSTATIC!  We could walk almost all the way up to the stage, so close you could see his stubble. Smack   My camera failed me Cry! so those wonderful shots were lost!

Still, it is beyond words as to how he made us feel!  I was floating, Laura was floating.  Acoustic MOAM was by far my favorite!  Even though I really enjoyed his getting down with Angela and the shirt tugs Smack

My fever was raging by the time the concert was over, so we headed back to the hotel room. Cry! Should have met up with Flakey!!! Dang it...she has THE story!

The Clayphoria lasted for weeks and I mean WEEKS!  I was so hooked, I was seriously trying to work out a trip to California, but couldn't swing it!!!  But, with that one taste of Clay, we know once is NEVER enough, came the desire to see him as much as possible, so 2 concerts on Solo and one on the JNT.  Gosh, I wish I were rich!  All of us I'm sure wish the same!
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2005, 06:39:35 AM »

I didn't get to go to this one ~pout~.

It was the same day as my best friend's 30th birthday party. The concert dates had not been released at the time she told me of her party. I knew at that moment that one of the Florida dates would fall on her party date. I hoped and prayed he would have more than one concert in Florida and thankfully my prayers were answered.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
ILClaymate
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2005, 06:20:32 AM »

Raleigh, NC 3/1/04
RBC Center
Stats courtesy of the Clayboard

#05 Mon 1-March 7:00 pm EST Raleigh NC
Closing Artist Clay Aiken RBC Center
Home Town Clay Aiken's home town
Wardrobe Same outfit that he wore in Tampa. The only difference that I can detect is that in Raleigh he had one more button on his shirt buttoned so you didn't see the white T underneath it all. Love the man's modesty. by Ruby Gonzalez
Kelly's T-Shirt I Heart Clay, black with white lining, red heart
News 14 Carolina Clay Aiken concert quickly sells out... By 10:30, whether online or in line, only a few single seats were left out of the 10,000 being sold. And before 11, the Raleigh concert was a sellout.
The News & Observer Aiken was best of two 'Idol' stars... Maybe it was playing to a sympathetic hometown crowd, but Aiken came across as the vastly superior performer... In terms of voice, charisma and overall presence, Aiken pretty much left her in the dust.
WRAL Clay, Kelly Rock RBC Center... Aiken and Clarkson sang their hits to a sold-out crowd at the RBC Center. A couple of fans hyperventilated during the concert, but were treated and are fine.
CBC-Raleigh Clay Aiken Continues Concert Tour In Triangle, Jerome Stands Watch... Aiken arrived at the WRAL-FM studios on Hillsborough Street about 10am to the joy of his fans, some of whom had been camping outside the station since 2:30am.
Managed By Gale Force Arena Opened 1999 Seating up to 19,352
Rent 12.5% Merch Rate 30% Box Office 3% Tax Rate 3%
Box Office Summary RBC Center Raleigh
__DATE_____SOLD_____CAPACITY__HEADLINE ARTIST
Gross Sales $586,230
03/01/04__100%__13,538__13,538__Clay Aiken / Kelly Clarkson
02/14/04__100%__10,314__10,314__Kid Rock
12/04/03___87%___7,692___8,800__Manheim Steamroller
08/06/03__100%__13,085__13,085__American Idols Live
03/16/03__100%__18,505__18,505__Billy Joel / Elton John
03/09/03___89%__12,039__13,550__Tim McGraw
02/22/03___93%__13,731__14,704__George Strait
ILClaymate
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2005, 06:21:49 AM »

ILClaymate
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2005, 06:23:12 AM »

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2005, 06:36:36 AM »

CLANDY THIS IS WONDERFUL!! SOON IT WILL BE MY TURN TO REMEMBER!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
AdoringClay
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2005, 08:09:32 AM »

ILClaymate...

Can you tell us about the sock monkey in your February 25 post...were you at that concert?  Which IT concert was it? What was the deal with the sock monkey?  Who gave it to him?  What did he say to it?  Did he sing to it?

Oh, by the way, thanks for all the pretty pictures everyone...the man is simply GAAAAHHHHgeous, isn't he????

Clay love to you!  Sue g.
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2005, 08:11:58 AM »

I love the green shirt of sexiliciousness! GAH!

Thanks Clandy for this thread and keeping it going. It is awesome and so are you!

Big Hug!

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
fantasys about clay
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2005, 01:59:35 PM »

I'm looking forward to the other ones b/c I missed that concert tour! argh! Do you think you could do when they were in Massachutes? My friend went and said it was great but was too far to get any pictures so if anyone has them do u think you could add them here?

Thanks!

love ya all!
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2005, 07:17:55 PM »

Well in keeping with the Independent Tour recap of the day...it's my turn!!

One year ago today I experienced my first Claying.  I remember when I heard that Clay and Kelly would be touring together how much I wanted to go.  I kind of asked around my friends to see if anyone would go with me.  Of course that was a big  No!   Once I found out what the date of the Raleigh concert was, I realized it was only 2 days after my birthday (since last year was a leap year Wink) I knew it would be a perfect reason for my mom to come visit.  So, we made all the plans and she came for my birthday, to go to a NASCAR race and to see the Independent Tour.

I remember how excited I was even before we got up to Raleigh.  We got to the RBC Center and we waited to get into the building and I remember being so excited to see other people who were wearing Clay stuff and talking about him continously and I realized I wasn't the only person who wanted to talk about him all the time and constantly listen to his music.  

I enjoyed Kelly...I always have and was glad I got the chance to see her in concert.  But the man I had really come to see was about to take the stage...or so we thought!  When the music for Kyrie started, my heart was pounding!  I was so excited and then I heard his voice for the first time.  I think I died right there!  The worst part for me is that we were on the floor in about row 30 and on the opposite side from where he came in and so I couldn't see him for like the first two minutes.  The first time I saw him is when he finally climbed the stairs to get on stage.  I was breathless and shaking.  My mom couldn't believe how talented he was.  She had heard his music and heard me talk about him, but seeing him live was a whole new thing.

I don't remember nearly as many details from this concert as I do from all the subsequent concerts I have been to partially because I was still a relatively new fan and didn't know what to look for!  Laughing  All I know is that I left that night having so much appreciation for what he had accomplished both on American Idol and more importantly after the show concluded.  I loved everything about him.  I couldn't get over his personality and how well he intereacted with the crowd and my goodness was he ever HOT!  Love!  But the thing that stood out to me the most was the voice.  It was wonderful, awesome and mesmerizing all at the same time.  

I think I talked about that concert for weeks and weeks.  There was no doubt that I would be seeing him the next time he was close to home again.  That was a year ago and the admiration and respect I have for him as an entertainer and as a person has only grown since I experienced him live for the first time.  It was one amazing night!

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
ILClaymate
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2005, 06:52:18 AM »

Thanks everyone.  I'm glad you are enjoying the pics and the memories!

Sue ~ I'm not sure what the deal was with the monkey.  I sadly didn't go to any Independent Tour concerts.  Maybe someone else may know.  I'm guessing it may have been a gift from someone??

Heaterfan ~ thanks for your review!  I love reading these since I didn't attend any!

Andrea ~ I'll be posting pics from all the venues as long as I can keep finding them!!  Wink  I'll post on the 1 year anniversary date.

Michelle ~ Thanks for your experience and I'm glad you are enjoying the pics/stories.

Muffy ~ Looking forward to hearing your story!
ILClaymate
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2005, 06:53:53 AM »

Philadelphia, PA
3/2/04
Liacouras Center
Stats courtesy of the Clayboard:

#06 Tues 2-March 7:00 pm EST Philadelphia PA
Closing Artist Kelly Clarkson Liacouras Center
Wardrobe No wrist watch. Untucked blue dress shirt, baggy gray slacks, and running shoes. Mini-stripes on his blue shirt, and mini-dots on his tie that's the same color as his shirt.
PAclayfans.com Pennsylvania Clay Fans
Pre-Concert Party Draught Horse
Philadelphia Inquirer Crowd is Clay's in Idols show The ladies began to scream as Aiken emerged from the back of the hall, singing Mr. Mister's 1985 hit "Kyrie" as he walked through the audience. And they continued to scream all the way through his final number and latest single, "The Way."
The Morning Call Review: Kelly Clarkson/Clay Aiken If the crowd liked Kelly, it loved Clay.
Managed By Global Spectrum Arena Opened 1997 Seating 10,000
Rent 12% Merch Rate 30% Box Office $500 + tkt. costs Tax Rate 5%
Box Office Summary Liacouras Center Philadelphia
__DATE______SOLD____CAPACITY__HEADLINE ARTIST
Gross Sales $368,378
03/02/04___86%___7,934___9,229__Clay Aiken / Kelly Clarkson
10/10/03___95%___4,430___4,650__Mike Epps
10/01/03___68%___6,262___9,105__R.E.M.
01/25/03___77%___6,761___8,724__D.L. Hughley
11/27/02__100%__10,471__10,471__John Mayer / Maroon 5
10/27/02___42%___2,538___6,000__Third Day
10/12/02__100%___7,394___7,400__Counting Crows
09/14/02___67%___6,704__10,000__Steven Curtis Chapman
11/09/99__100%__10,068__10,068__Bob Dylan / Phil Lesh
ILClaymate
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2005, 06:54:57 AM »

ILClaymate
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2005, 06:57:18 AM »

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2005, 07:16:17 AM »

Quote from: AdoringClay
Can you tell us about the sock monkey in your February 25 post

If I remember correctly he saw some girls with the monkey and motioned for them to throw it to him. They seemed reluctant because they thought he was going to keep it. He kept motioning for them to throw it up to him and finally they did. He held it up for pictures while singing...he even smiled goofy like the monkey. Then he gave the monkey back to the girls and continued on with his song.

PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2005, 07:19:33 AM »

MARCH 2, 2004

THE PHILLY CLAYMANIACS GET CLAYED...

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT WAS ONCE YEAR AGO TODAY, THAT I WAS HAPPILY CLAYED!

THIS IS FROM MEMORY....

TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO THE CLAYING OF A LIFETIME, I MET FOR THE FIRST TIME THE PHILLY CLAYMANIACS AT A WONDERFUL FUN FILLED LUCHEON IN PHILADELPHIA.

FAST FORWARD TO MARCH 2, 2004

I GET AN EXCITED PHONE CALL IN WORK  FROM GWEN SAYING THAT HER SEATS HAD BEEN UPGRADED TO THE FIRST ROW.. shocking

I WAS SO HAPPY AND EXCITED FOR HER.  

THAT DAY IN WORK WAS THE LONGEST DAY, I COULDN'T WAIT UNTIL LATER.

AT 4:00 P.M. CHRISTIE (CJMAX) PICKED ME UP FROM WORK, IN THE CAR WAS GWENN AND HER DAUGHTER ERICA, WE STOPPED TO PICK UP AIKENSEEKER FROM THE TRAIN STATION.  ALL OF US WERE SO EXCITED!

WE GOT TO THE VENUE AND MET UP WITH LOVINGCLAY(MICKI) AND HER FRIENDS.  WE STOPPED AT WENDY'S (THAT WAS RIGHT NEXT TO THE VENUE, AND LITTLE DID WE KNOW THAT THEY GOT FOOD FOR KELLY AND CLAY THERE.)

WITH PRESENTS IN HAND WE OFF TO EXPERIENCE THE CLAYTON IN FULL ACTION..    WE STOPPED AT THE TICKET OFFICE FOR GWENN'S UPGRADED SEATS.. FRONT ROW!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!  FOUR OF US WERE SITTING IN THE FRONT,  THE REST OF US WERE AT ROW 21 C, DURING THIS TIME AT VENUE,  THEY HAD 4 SISTER SINGING ACT BEFORE CLAY AND I CAN'T REMEMBER THEIR NAMES.  AFTER THEY FINISHED,  I NOTICE THAT THERE WAS 4 SEATS IN THE FRONT ROW THAT WAS NOT BEING USED.. I WENT RIGHT UP TO THE SECURITY GUARD AND ASK IF I COULD HAVE MY FRIENDS ( MICKI AND SUSIE AND MICKI'S FRIENDS) SIT UP WITH US?  HE SAID " AS LONG AS NO ONE SHOW UP FOR THOSE SEATS THEY COULD HAVE THEM.. QUICKLY, I RAN AND GOT SUSIE, MICKI AND MICKI'S FRIENDS.. UNFORTUNELY, 2 OF THOSE SEATS THE PEOPLE SHOWED UP FOR  AND MICKI'S FRIENDS WENT BACK TO THEIR ORGINAL SEATS...

RIGHT BEFORE CLAY STARTED, I WENT TO THE LADIES ROOM AND DURING THIS TIME SUSIE SAW JEROME AND GIVE OUR PRESENTS TO HIM FOR CLAY AND HIMSELF... I QUICKLY RAN FROM THE LADIES ROOM AND SPOKE TO JEROME, EXPLAINED WHO WE WERE AND TOLD HIM THAT ONE OF THOSE BAGS, WERE HIS PRESENT.. JEROME WAS SO SUPRISED THAT HE GOT PRESENTS AS WELL(PHILADELPHIA EAGLES CAP AND MUG) HE WAS SO HAPPY HE ASKED ME FOR A HUG!  shocking   AND YES, I HUG THAT BIG TEDDY BEAR OF LOVE!

CLAY'S PRESENTS WERE A FLOWER LEI FROM THE CLAYGIRLS,
 ( YOU KNEW WE HAD TO THROW THAT IN THERE..Wink) A BOOK OF MR. FRED ROGERS SAYINGS, CANDY THAT CLAY COULD EAT, A PHILADELPHIA EAGLES' RACE CAR, A DOGGIE SWEATER AND CROWN CHARM FOR RALEIGH.

I WAS SO EXCITED THAT CLAY HAD OUR PRESENTS..... THEN FINALLY THE LIGHTS WENT DARK AND HIS BEAUTIFUL MELODIC VOICE FILLED UP TO THE RAFTERS!  HE WENT UP OUR SIDE AS HE SANG KYRIE STOPPED RIGHT IN FRONT OF MICKI AND SUSIE, I WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER THE LOOK OF THOSE GIRLS FACE IT WAS PURE ECSTASY, THEN AS HE WENT TO THE STAGE HE TURNED TOWRDS MY DIRECTION, I WAVED AND SMILED BACK AND HE GAVE ME ONE OF THE SWEETEST SMILES I HAVE EVER SAW ( THUD!!)

CLAY WAS ON FIRE THAT NIGHT, LITTLE DID WE KNOW THAT A PORTION OF THE PHILLY CONCERT WAS BEING TAPED FOR THE 20/20 SPECIAL WITH ELIZABETH VARGAS AND DURING ISY GWENN GOT THE EYE FRELL OF A LIFETIME!! AND ME, GWENN, ERICA AND CHRISTIE WERE HUGGING EACH OTHER SWAYING TO ISY AND IT WAS ON THAT TV SPECIAL!! shocking

NOW, TO MY MOST FANGIRLY MOMENT...blush

CLAY WAS SINGING INVISIBLE, AND HE WAS GIVNG THE MOST SEXY TUGS EVAH!  HE WAS GLIDING BACK FORTH ACROSS THE STAGE WHEN I LED OUT THE MOST ORGASMIC SHRILL KNOWN TO FANDOM, AND CLAY JUST LOOK AT ME THEN HE LAUGHED LOOK AT JACOB AND JACOB WAS LAUGHING TOO.. CLAY WENT RIGHT IN FRONT AND GAVE A VERY VERY SEXY CLUTCH RIGHT SMACK DAB IN FRONT OF ME! blush Smack

FROM THAT MOMENT ON, I WAS HOPELESSY IN LOVE!

IT WAS A WONDERFUL NIGHT,  SEEING CLAY AND SHARING IT WITH THE PHILLY CLAYMANAICS IS SOMETHING I WILL ALWAYS TREASURE! Wink

LOVE YA

PHILLY
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2005, 07:38:35 AM »

Ah Philly what a wonderful memory!!!!  What a great group to get Clayed with too!!!

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
cjrmax
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2005, 10:35:16 AM »

It was indeed, quite a day.  The night before I went out and spent too much money on a digital camera (from which I definitely got my money's worth over the course of the year!).  I had no idea what I was doing, but here are some of the pictures I took that night! Looking back at these pictures, he looked so young then!  So skinny.  So innocent!  eek!

Ah memories!!!

Hard to imagine that a year ago I had just learned to post pictures, but had no idea how to resize them!  I remember Pamela following me around resizing them as I posted!

We've all learned so much in the last year!  

Some of it has even been useful!  
Clayforlife
UltimateFan

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2005, 10:59:38 AM »

Great pictures, Christie - you must have been CLOSE!!!!!!  Lucky you!

Carolyn
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2005, 12:55:49 PM »

CHRISTIE, YOUR PIX ARE STILL THE BEST.  WHENEVER I LOOK AT THEM, I JUST MELT.

IT WAS THE MOST AMAZING DAY.  AS EVERYONE ON THIS SITE IS AWARE, I HAVE A RATHER SEVERE VISION PROBLEM.  WHEN WE GOT THE TICKETS---A LONG, LONG STORY--I DECIDED TO E-MAIL THE TIX PEOPLE AND ASK ABOUT SPECIAL SEATING.  THEY TOLD ME TO CONTACT THE VENUE.  IT TOOK A WHILE TO GET A PERSON, BUT I DID.  I CONTINUED TO E-MAIL THE TIX PEOPLE AS WELL.  I GOT ON A FIRST NAME BASIS WITH THEM.  

I HEARD NOTHING.  THE DAY OF THE CONCERT, I WAS CHECKING MY E-MAIL WHILE MY CLASS WAS WORKING AT THEIR SEATS.  I READ THIS LETTER TO GO AND EXCHANGE MY TICKETS AT THE BOX OFFICE AT 6:00!!!!!!!  I ALMOST PASSED OUT.  I STARTED TO SHAKE.  I HAD TO CONTINUE TEACHING MY CLASS.  FINALLY, I CALLED CHRISTIE AT WORK-----AND SHE WAS NOT THERE!!!!!       I WANTED TO BE QUITE SURE I WAS READIDNG THIS NOTE CORRECTLY.

FINALLY, WHEN I WAS AT LUNCH AT A RESTAURANT, SHE CALLED MY CELL.  I HAD HER GO INTO MY E-MAIL, READ WHAT IT SAID AND COMMENT.  IT WAS TRUE!!!!!!!!!  IT WAS SURREAL.  THERESA TOLD YOU  MOST OF WHAT HAPPENED NEXT.  WHEN CLAY JUMPED UP ON THE STAGE RIGHT IN FRONT OF US, WELL, I THOUGHT I WOULD DIE RIGHT THERE.  WHEN I DID GET EYE F****D, I FELT IT TO MY TOES.  I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT.  A WOMAN MY AGE REACTING LIKE THAT?  I FELT LIKE A KID.  IT WAS GREAT.

I CANNOT BELIEVE IT IS ONE YEAR LATER.  IT FEELS LIKE A MINUTE AND THEN A LIFETIME.  

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx