gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:28:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 185
Total: 185

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CLAYMANIACS COOKBOOK ARRIVED!  (Read 7524 times)
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2005, 04:00:32 PM »

I am so delighted and thrilled.  My beautiful Claymaniacs Cookbooks arrived today.  Hubby is already looking through one for a recipe to try.

I am not  a great cook like so many of you, but I am excited that I have two recipes in the book.  One from my sister's mother-in-law and one from my husband's aunt.  These recipes did not originate with me, but I am happy to share them with all of you.

I was reading the introduction and was humbled to see that a passage I have written was included.  Thank you for this honor.

Special cheers and thanks to Evelyn, Shirley, Angela, Debbie,and Lynn for all your hard work, and Jan for the beautiful cover.  I know that this was a task that became almost overwhelming, but you stayed with it and have a beautiful product to show for all your time and effort.

This whole thing took way longer than anticipated, and I know there were a few disgruntled people who accused us of deceiving them about a cookbook.
I am very upset that people would accuse us of dishonest conduct.

Lynn, and others,  please "pay them no never mind."  For each one of them, there are 50 of us who have only had good wishes and kind thoughts for you throughout  this enormous endeavor.  

Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Spikee
Enthusiastic

X X X X

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2005, 08:59:48 AM »

I received my e-mail from Lynn on Sat. saying that my cook book was mailed and I should get it on Tue. or Wed.  I wasn't home until yesterday to get any e-mails.  I came home from Florida to all this snow!  what a mess.  By the time I got the car unpacked, and quickly read my mail, (my daughter was home to bring it in the house), I was tired.  We had left the hotel about 3:30am yesterday.  
I don't think that I could have driven home.  Thank God my hubby is a wonderful driver.  It was awful.  The  lights from the car were reflecting off the snow that was coming down so much, that it looked like a blizzard.  Plus, the wind was blowing the snow all over the road making it very hard to tell where the road even was!  I was exhausted and had to take a nap.  When I woke up, I had to shovel out my driveway after all the snow we received, and I was to pooped to do the street in front of my mail box.  I thought that the mail lady would be able to get to the mail box OK.  Wrong!  She didn't even try to deliver.     She just drove right on by.  I asked my daughter to check it today after she got off work.  (Not holding my breath on her shoveling it).  I hope that I get mine today.  I will have to shovel the street tonight if I don't get any mail again today.      
I told my hubby NOT to shovel the snow today, (it is snowing again).  He started feelling very poorly yesterday after we got home.  I think he might have a bad cold.
ANYWAY - I am really looking forward to getting my book.    

I did what I had to ~
On My Way Here
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2005, 04:50:37 PM »

I received my cookbooks yesterday! I was impressed also with the book as a whole and especially fond of the cover and the foreward words about Clay.

Nice touch.

The Clay quotes throughout the book..the added notes from the recipe submitter I also enjoyed. Of course..the recipes themselves and the cooking tips along the way!

Now we will have a little piece of each other..whether we have met face to face or not. You will be in my home, always.

Thank you for all that were a part, no matter how small or large. I appreciate the fact that it got off the ground!! Our hearts were in the right place when it started and I hope that it continued throughout the making of the cookbook.

A special thanks to Wordy for spearheading this wonderful meeting of our hearts, minds and stomachs!!!

Lora
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2005, 10:10:12 AM »

I feel like the only one who hasn't received my cookbook.  

I'm starting to get a complex!   Cry!

Just kidding.  I'm sure they will arrive today!  Paranoid
houstonclayfan
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2005, 10:47:12 AM »

Quote from: Pamela
I feel like the only one who hasn't received my cookbook.  

I'm starting to get a complex!   Cry!

Just kidding.  I'm sure they will arrive today!  Paranoid

Wordy said that she mailed those that ordered muliple copies last. Have faith, Pamela.  Maybe today  
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2005, 10:47:44 AM »

I GOT MINE OVER A WEEK AGO- I LOVE IT!! WHAT A LOT OF TIME AND EFFORT WENT INTO IT!!

THANK YOU LADIES, FOR EVERYTHING!!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Spikee
Enthusiastic

X X X X

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2005, 04:30:38 PM »

I just wanted to let everyone know that I received my cook book yeaterday.  It was well worth the wait.  You all have done a fantastic job.  I have already found a few receipes I want to try.  My hubby found a few also.
There was so much effort put into this huge project, I want to say my 'Thank You' to Lynn, Evelyn, Shirley, Angela, & Debbie.  
Also thank you to all the contributors, and Jan, your art work is beautiful!  
To everyone who is lucky enough to have ordered one, the beginning of this book has a few pages that are a 'must read'.  Prissy, your thoughts are right on the mark.  I am proud to call my self a 'Claymaniac' and have these ladies call me a 'friend'.

I did what I had to ~
On My Way Here
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2005, 05:05:34 AM »

Pamela,
Hopefully you will get yours today!!!

Thank you to all of you for your nice comments about the cookbook.  It was a labor of love.  Love for  Clay Aiken and all of you.

When I read the recipes, it just means so much knowing it came from all of you!!!!!!  I have a zillion cookbooks, but this is my favorite, for sure.  I can't wait to try all your recipes!!!!!  Thanks to all of you that took the time to contribute recipes!!!!!
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
Ilovetowrite
UltimateFan

hi
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2005, 03:55:10 PM »

I was moved to tears when I receaved my cookbook and saw that a quote of mine had been used. It was so special to me. I just love mine.

Keeper of Clays straight hair and Flip flops.

CLAY'S BUS BABE.
Clays Traveling Gypsy.
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2005, 01:49:07 PM »

All of mine made it safely and soooo beautiful!  Thank you everyone!!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2005, 04:20:30 PM »

The cookbooks have landed!  

I can't believe how HUGE they are!  If I had realized that, I would have sent in 20 more recipes!  Wink  Seriously, the content is amazing...

The inspirational quotes, words of wisdom, "On Clay," the Claytionary excerpts, the Clay fan quotes, "Clay on Clay" in his own words, the quotes from Learning to Sing, the media quotes, the "Fun Facts," the touching posts from our own members on the board, the wonderful "Helpful Hints," the personal stories presented with the recipes...

.....and the recipes themselves!  They are wonderfully diverse and interesting.

Mmm.  I can't wait for Mr P to try some of them out....hehehe!

Seriously, the cookbook is a treasure.  The cover is beautiful Jan, and all the writing in the introduction and throughout the book by our members is very meaningful.  I bow in admiration to everyone involved, for your hard work, your perseverence in the face of adversity (I know how it is dealing with printers....it's part of my real life job...ack!) and your dedication to getting the job done.  It's done, it's in our hands now, and it's fabulous!

This is a book I want to sit down and read, there is so much there.  And that's saying a lot, as I haven't read a book since before Christmas, and I used to read one every couple of weeks!

Thank you everyone!  
wordsmith1223
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2005, 09:25:57 PM »

Thanks everyone for all the kind words
I have made several of the recipes, and they are great. I have been doing one, two a week, and everyone of them has been a "use again" one!

I have thanked the crew repeatedly, but I want to single out our own Woodstock, 'cause I've been getting a lot of the glory, but let me tell y'all, she has been my anchor, my rock, my beacon during this whole process.

She has been there to listen to me vent. She has been there to type. She has been there to organize. She is the one who took ALL the orders and made the labels. She is the one who opened the bank account, and took care of the money. She sent out scads of e-mails. Took the nasty critical ones personally. She is the one who tried to make everyone happy. She is the one who I called to bounce off ideas, or ask questions, or seek advice.

She is the one who kept me going. She would send me nice cards to encourage me. She is the one who listened to me yak when I was really stressed out and about to lose it.

She has been unbelievably great, and she doesn't get enough credit. She doesn't seek the limelight or the glory, but she has been an amazing tower of strength through this whole ordeal.

I have been under an inordinate amount of stress with my job and some family issues during the past few months, and I couldn't have survived all this without Woody.

I am now under an impossible no-win situation at work. It's job-hunt time.
Anyway, the past week has been one of the worst yet, and to tell the truth, my brain is mush. I have been in serious brain-fog for several days.

There are some new cookbook orders that have yet to be mailed. Quite frankly, I forgot they were in my trunk, that's how brain-dead I have been after some big huge ugly ordeals at work that not only sucked my soul out of me, but brought me to the brink of despair.

So I apologize to the new orders.
PLEASE if you did not get your order or if something was wrong (torn up, etc.), please let me know. E-mail me at: lzvenhaus@aol.com.

If you want to order a cookbook -- there are just a few left -- you have to contact Woodstock, as I won't mail one out until they are paid for. She gives me the go-ahead. They are $10 plus $3.50 for shipping and handling, and if you want insurance, it's $1.30 extra.

We are going to keep a list for a second printing. But that's not happening right now.

Glad you all like it. It was indeed a labor of love. We have a great bunch of Claymaniacs who contributed.

Cheers,
Lynn aka Wordy
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2005, 02:37:18 AM »

Lynn- and good luck with the job hunt!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2005, 07:53:21 PM »

deleted...posted twice in error!

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2005, 07:54:15 PM »

I just love the Claymaniacs cookbook.  What a treasure!  I am tempted to safe keep it with my special Clay collection, but then I wouldn't be able to enjoy the tasty recipes!  :duh I was so impressed with the inclusion of inspirational quotations that I sat down and read the book from cover to cover, which I've never done before (it just gets me too hungry!). Thanks again for the tireless devotion of all of you who labored so diligently on this enterprise.  

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2005, 11:12:57 AM »

I got my cookbook today!!!

It's wonderful! I've only flipped through it, but I can't wait to start trying recipes!

Too all of you who worked so hard to put this together - BRAVO Clapping

Thank you so much!!

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
girlygirl06
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2005, 09:17:34 AM »

i'm still waiting on mine i cant wait :)
ozma716
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2005, 05:55:17 AM »

I want to extend a great big thank you to cl4clay for selling the wonderful cookbook to our mutual friend Louie.  He presented it to me as a birthday gift yesterday !!

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx