gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:51:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 371
Total: 371

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CLAYMANIACS COOKBOOK ARRIVED!  (Read 7525 times)
hlg
« on: February 22, 2005, 03:26:06 PM »

I would like to thank all of the people involved with the production of the cookbook.  I received my copies today and I was very impressed by the finished product.  I know that it was a lot of work and time and headaches and I want you to know that  it was appreciated.  I can't wait to try some of the recipes.  Thanks again, Helen G.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 05:12:53 PM »

Aren't you sweet!  I hope you don't mind if I hijack your thread and make it the official cookbook commentary thread!

I'm still eagerly anticipating mine...::taps foot impatiently::

Dang USPS!
houstonclayfan
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 03:28:31 AM »

I received mine too     I agree that it is VERY impressive!  I was expecting something terrific and this is much higher than my expectations were. I can't imagine how much time it took to put it all together!  The Clay quotes throughout the book are simply beautiful and the recipes look delicious.  I wil have to update y'all when I try them.  Thank you to all those who worked on it     I would have patiently waited forever for this. Thank you.
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 06:37:25 AM »

I STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED MINE YET BUT SURE LOOK FORWARD TO GETTING IT.  ANY DAY NOW I HOPE.
claycanwatchmeinmyroom
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2005, 06:38:48 AM »

How do I get mine?
Tammy
Enthusiastic

I LOVE MY PUGS

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2005, 06:45:11 AM »

I ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY LOVE MY COOK BOOK..   THANKS WORDY, EVELYN, PEPE, WOODSTOCK, ANGELA, JAN, MONICA AND ANYONE ELSE I LEFT OUT THAT HAD INPUT IN IT..

WORDY
SPECIAL THANKS GOES OUT TO YOU FOR ALL YOU HARD WORK AND VALUABLE TIME YOU PUT INTO IT.. Huggles  

NOW I GUESS I HAVE TO START COOKING!   Paranoid

I LOVE MY PUGS! :heartburst 

Baby Dust JEWELS, LIZSIS AND JJ~OUR SPARKLING GEMS FROM HEAVEN Baby Dust
clayistheway
Claymaniac

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2005, 09:27:04 AM »

Quote from: claycanwatchmeinmyroom
How do I get mine?

Ditto -- how do we get one and what is the cost?

\"When was the last time you looked at a young person with a disability as someone who could help you as opposed to someone who needed help?\" -- Clay Aiken
The amazingly talented, sexy young man who is Clay Aiken!!!!!
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2005, 01:51:12 PM »

I just received my cookbook and it is absolutely beautiful!!  Jan - what an awesome cover!!  Thank you to all who worked on this cookbook - it was definitely worth the wait - and its huge!!
I was very lucky - the moving van pulled away from my house late this afternoon taking my stuff to Mississippi and when I checked my mailbox - there was my cookbook!!  What a relief to get it before I left - perfect timing!!

Thank you Wordy and your hardworking crew!!!

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2005, 05:07:18 PM »

Quote from: clayistheway
Quote from: claycanwatchmeinmyroom
How do I get mine?

Ditto -- how do we get one and what is the cost?

They had to be preordered, so there were only a limited number printed. There were a bunch of threads about ordering them!  Sorry you missed out!

I don't know if any extras were printed or not.  Maybe we'll make it an annual event...hmm.  Don't worry Lynn, I wouldn't do that to you!

Huggles  Can't wait to see it!
Bocaqueen
Enthusiastic

Forever Clay's Scarlett

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2005, 05:10:52 PM »

I received my cookbooks yesterday and I was taken back at the size and quality of them.  The cover is spectacular...Jan, you outdid yourself.  The quotes, the sayings and all the little tidbits are such a unique and enjoyable additive.

There are so many people to Thank...

Wordy...you did this under the most difficult of situations and you never gave up site of the finished product.  It is truly an amazing undertaking.  Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Woody.....you once again jumped in to help other's.  You had a big responsibility put in your care, and you surely worked very hard at helping to make this such a success....Thank YOU from the bottom of our hearts.

Evelyn/cl4clay , Pepe,  Angela, and anyone else I didn't realize had a hand in this.....Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Now, this comes, mind you, just as I start to lose a little weight!!!!  What's a gal to do?  Well, I could always make the recipes for my family and friend's and not try them out myself...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha  :duh

Prayers for our JJ  

Keeper of The OCD Prayerlist
Queen of Comforting
------------------------------------
Clay, God has blessed you with a voice of an Angel and everything you are and everything you do, reflects that YOU..... are HIS.... Measure of a Man.
claydevotee
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2005, 06:36:58 AM »

I, too,would like to add my heartfelt thanks to  Wordy, Woodstock and the other collaborators on the cookbook. This was obviously a humongous undertaking requiring great sacrifice on your part.  The recipes are definitely "the best of....", and I look forward to trying many of them.  Even Mr. D has been busily reading the cookbook making requests for recipes he'd like me to try!!!!        My kitchen will never be the same!!!!

Thanks so much!

Dev
sarahdebarah1109
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2005, 08:18:22 AM »

I have my copy and it is really great!  Thanks for doing all the work!!
ydebi
Enthusiastic

Clay's Lurker

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2005, 10:03:54 PM »

I too recieved my cookbooks and let me tell you I just think all of you did a wonderful job putting it all together...it was definitly worth the wait...I bought an extra copy to give to my daughter and I can not part with it to someone who doesn't "GET" the whole Clay/claymaniac thing....I want someone to treasure it as i do.....so I will wait until I can clay it forward....

I know that much time, work and energy was put into this cookbook...and i know that all who worked so hard on it left a gift there between each page....THEY LEFT A PIECE OF THIER HEARTS!!!!!  THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!
                       *HUGS*   debi
cl4clay
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S FAVORITE COOKIE CHEF

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2005, 01:36:37 PM »

Hello to everyone - I didn't get to see the finished product until it actually came in the mail, but it was worth all the work that we put into it.  I want to especially thank Pepe and Angela for gathering recipes and helping me put them in some semblance of order for poor Woody and wordy.  I know we did the best we could.

I have to tell you that there are cookie recipes that have been my secret recipes for over 20 years because I had planned one day to write a cookie cookbook, but I gladly gave them and my cake recipes up for such a great cause.  If anyone doesn't understand any of my recipes, please don't hesitate to ask me, I'll help all I can.

Once again to Woody and Wordy thanks for giving us the opportunity to help you put this together. It was a pleasure to be able to help. Bon Appetit everyone and thanks again Wordy for all your hard work.

CLAY'S PASTRY CHEF
Julie,JJ and Liz - Our OCD guardian angels
cl4clay
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S FAVORITE COOKIE CHEF

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2005, 02:08:25 PM »

Someone asked where to get a copy of the cookbook - Just contact Woody. If you PM her, I'm sure, if there are any left, she'll see that a copy is sent to you.

CLAY'S PASTRY CHEF
Julie,JJ and Liz - Our OCD guardian angels
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2005, 02:34:04 PM »

I got my email today...I am looking forward to receiving them!!

Lora
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2005, 03:07:41 PM »

I RECEIVED MY COOKBOOK TODAY AND I AM A VERY HAPPY CAMPER.  MAYBE I WILL EVEN COOK SOMETHING.
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2005, 06:23:58 PM »

I received an e-mail from Wordy that mine were sent today.  I'm really looking forward to getting them.  Can't wait to see what you are all describing.  

Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
wordsmith1223
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2005, 02:43:45 AM »

Thanks everyone for the kind words.
As of Saturday, Feb. 26, all the pre-ordered cookbooks have been mailed with the exception of Woody and Evelyn's big huge boxes. I have to talk to them about the postage and days they have to wait for it.

The five new orders were mailed last.

I tried sending out e-mails to everyone when they got mailed, and so forth, but sometimes I didn't know the real name of the person, or I had an e-mail returned.

We had a couple mishaps. Go figure. A couple books were mangled by the post office machines, so I reinforced the single copy envelopes with packing tape. The larger orders are all OK in boxes and large mailers.

We just have a few left, as we replaced the chewed up ones.
If there is enough interest in ordering a second printing, we will do so.
The printer kept everything.
However, I told them I want that fixed -- the recipe breaks that caused the headers to not be at the top on some of them.
They don't know how that happened as the discs I gave them from my computer had them at the top.
I do know that a couple fonts I used weren't the same as theirs, and I think that caused some spacing problems.

I hope everyone's recipes are correct. I worked really hard proofing them. I did catch a couple typos in the copy I wrote, but nothing with the recipes.

I have tried several, and they have all been delicious. We have a lot of good cooks on this site.

If we do order again, we are increasing the price to $15 and the postage higher because the book is so huge, and all of the shipping and handling costs. If anyone wants insurance, it's $1.30.

I have to find out at the printers how many copies do we need to start another run. Apparently the cutting and binding take a lot of time, as you can imagine.

This whole thing took way longer than anticipated, and I know there were a few disgruntled people who accused us of deceiving them about a cookbook.
I am very upset that people would accuse us of dishonest conduct.

It is because of this attitude of just a few people that I will never take on a project of this magnitude again. I am sorry people felt this way.

Nevertheless, it has warmed my heart tremendously to get the loveliest thank you letters from people. It is because of your kindness, patience and understanding that sustained me during this lengthy ordeal. Especially after I'd be up for a couple hours packing things up, after a 12-hour work day, and then I'd read a snotty e-mail, but the good, wonderful, big-hearted people far exceeded the gripers and complainers.

I really appreciate all the help Woody, Evelyn, Pepe, Angela and others gave, and of course, Jan's beautiful artwork talent.

I can't thank you all enough for your support and well-wishes.
You lifted me up at a very rough time.

Thank you again.
Lynn aka Wordy
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2005, 02:03:58 PM »

I got my cookbooks today - a happy suprise, because mine must have been one of the emails that got lost! The book is beautiful, especially Jan's Cover. I've only had time to read a few pages, but I know I will always treasure this book because of the people on this site. Thank you to all of you who worked so hard on this project.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx