gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:03:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 131
Total: 131

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK FEBRUARY 20  (Read 3257 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: February 20, 2005, 04:19:49 AM »

wave Good Morning, everyone!! wave

This is another Adole pdf file, so not everyone will be able to open it.

PAC RIM CONFERENCE

Pages 9 and 10 have Clay's bio.

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2005, 04:21:11 AM »

The Broads present A FIFTY-NINE MINUTES EXCLUSIVE REPORT

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 04:23:38 AM »

From crooners to rockers
By Jen M. Pangilinan
The Philippine Star 02/20/2005  

It’s a hodgepodge of styles in this season of American Idol. Crooners. Rockers. Balladeers. Divas. Country singers. Hip-hop artists. Showgirls – such is the group of 193 hopefuls who went to Hollywood for another series of auditions. They are now down to 72 but more will be sent home as the most exciting season ever continues to the next round.(snip)

Clay Aiken clone Anthony Fedorov has a better chance of making it to the top 24. With his good looks and amazing voice, he might even surpass what Clay has achieved.

PHILSTAR

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2005, 04:25:28 AM »

Single sales update:

This Week, Last Week, Weeks on Chart

46------------- 45-------------- 47 ----- Solitaire/The Way, Clay Aiken

Clay "is" the "News"
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2005, 04:42:56 AM »

Quote from: clayMaine-iac
Clay Aiken clone Anthony Fedorov has a better chance of making it to the top 24. With his good looks and amazing voice, he might even surpass what Clay has achieved.

=======================
Laugh Laugh Laughing Laughing lmao Thanks Deanna for the early morning chuckle. I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere down the road Clay doesn't end up HELPING this Anthony guy in some way!?! But that's just my gut feeling and with MY gut, the feeling is rather large.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2005, 04:49:02 AM »

This article is from Oct. 14, 2003 (date ring a bell??) and was released right after the Prime Time Interview with Dianne Sawyer.

You Can Run, But You Can't Hide
I tried not to be a Claymate. I really did. I tried not to get caught up in the stampede that was Clay Aiken obsession, but after watching him on 'Primetime Live' this past Thursday, I understand the adulation.

For those of you scratching your heads, saying, 'But American Idol is over,' or 'Didn’t someone else win?' let me explain something to you. The show might be over, but Claymania lives on. Since the show, there has been a vocal and growing block of people, mostly women, who meet, plan, chat and drool over the object of their mass devotion, Clay Aiken.

They talk about upcoming media appearances, posting links to articles, musical clips and on-air interviews. People who previously used the Internet as an afterthought are now emailing, uploading, downloading, sharing files and building websites, so eager are they to get their hands on anything Clay.

As all this happened, I smirked and made disparaging remarks about grown women not having anything better to do than sit on the Internet for hours on end, obsessing over some skinny 24-year old’s phobias and allergies. I laughed out loud when reading the furious debate over whether or not to throw panties up on stage at the AI concerts and nearly fell off my chair when these same women drooled over the tiny little glimpse of stomach he showed in his Rolling Stone cover. 'Oh my god!' I thought before seeing the picture. 'Clay Aiken, the self-proclaimed banner carrier for geeks and nerds everywhere, naked?' I should have known better.

Although he certainly hasn’t posed naked, last Thursday night he laid bare his personal life for all of us to see. Sure, I read snippets and little tidbits about him not seeing his father and calling him 'sperm donor,' but I almost felt like I was intruding watching him speak to Diane Sawyer about his sister’s suicide, his father’s abuse of his mother and the almost unspeakable hurt he must have felt being rejected by his father at such a young age.

Now, being the cynical person that I am, I had all sorts of preconceived notions about watching this show. When Diane said that people at home were probably saying he was too good to be true because he doesn’t smoke, swear or drink, I wanted so badly to agree with her. In today’s world filled with jaded, cynical young people who have never been young, Clay’s outlook does seem a little unbelievable, but he’s so sincere, I actually started to look at him differently. 'Maybe this whole 'awe shucks' awe-struck attitude isn’t a gimmick,' I thought.

As I watched him during his interview, looking into those astonishing green eyes, I could understand why the Claymates are so drawn to him. He has a way of peering at the camera that makes you think he’s speaking (or singing) to you and you only. That, coupled with his charisma, the same charisma that he possessed even before he was made over, makes for an extremely seductive, heady experience. 'No wonder these women are all in love with him,' I thought. 'No wonder Simon only wanted to listen to him with his eyes closed.' Clay Aiken is a powerful presence, make no mistake about it. Behind that soft-spoken southern drawl and those polite manners is a presence that will not be denied.

I have no doubt that Clay’s album will release to platinum sales tomorrow. I have no doubt that his concerts will sell out in 5 minutes. What I do wonder about is his sophomore album. Will the appeal and magnetism still be there? Since he’ll be older and presumably more experienced, will he still insist on singing “clean” songs?

I will most likely never be a Claymate, but I do feel strangely drawn to this young man. Something about his innocence speaks to me. I’m not interested in knowing what he does or says every waking moment of every day, nor will I rush home to tape his appearances on Nickelodeon, MTV or any other channel. Although I have never once contacted a radio station demanding they play a Clay Aiken song, I will probably buy his CD because despite everything, he has one of the richest, most supple, and amazing voices I’ve heard in a very long time.

Pisatel

ELITES TV

Clay "is" the "News"
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2005, 04:55:12 AM »

THANKS DEANNA AND FRIENDS.

SHORT BUT SWEET NEWS AND I ALWAYS SAY SOME NEWS IS BETTER THAN NONE.

AS FAR AS ANTHONY SURPASSING CLAY.  RIGHT?  Laugh  CLAY WILL ALWAYS BE THE LEADER AMONGST ALL OF THESE CLAY WANABEES.  WHY IS IT THAT EVERYONE WANTS TO BE A CLAY.  THAT SURE IS TELLING ME SOMETHING.
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2005, 04:58:57 AM »

What I do wonder about is his sophomore album. Since he’ll be older and presumably more experienced, will he still insist on singing “clean” songs?

======================
Oh boy, i hope so!
======================
Although I have never once contacted a radio station demanding they play a Clay Aiken song

I will probably buy his CD because despite everything, he has one of the richest, most supple, and amazing voices I’ve heard in a very long time.
=========================
Gee, i hope you changed your mind by NOW and at least attempt to call radio stations in your area that play AC music.

The last part i underlined is the glue that holds everything together for me when it comes to Clay's career.

wave hello Lorraine

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2005, 06:13:29 AM »

Good Morning! "59 Minutes" is one of the funniest articles to ever come from the Broads - thanks for the news, as always. Anthony will never be anywhere as good as Clay - he tries for the Glory Notes, but I've never heard him hit one. He will have a Teen following because he is 19, but he will never be a threat to OMC.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2005, 06:23:35 AM »

HELLO EVERYONE
THANKS FOR THE NEWS  DEANNA.  I WILL BE BACK FOR UPDATES,

ANTHONY IS GOOD & I DO WISH HIM THE BEST---BUT I DON'T THINK PEOPLE SHOULD COMPARE HIM TO CLAY .  CLAY STANDS ALONE WITH THAT AMAZING & PURE VOICE.
CLAY'S VOICE REACHES MY HEART & SOUL.  

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE.
ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2005, 06:44:46 AM »

Morning News Crew and Mummy!!!!

Marilyn and I had a ball last night! Went to the movies with my friend Brett and as a news tidbit for the day... skip the movie Constantine... please, I know Keanu is in it, and I know he's cute but it is soooooooooooooooooooo bad!

Anyway, here's Clay's horoscope for the day from yahoo.com!

Quickie:
You may never reach perfection, but that's no reason not to strive.

Overview:
Here comes that sudden change of heart we were just talking about. Are you ready for it? You could wake up in a very determined frame of mind, yet go to sleep wearing the other team's colors.

Daily Extended Forecast:
Remember, last week, when you were saying something about being bored to tears? Well, that'll teach you, won't it? Obviously, the heavens were listening -- because that certainly won't be the case today. No, breaking up the monotony won't be on your list of things to do -- but then, you might as well scrap that list, first thing. Why set yourself up for disappointment?

Daily Flirt:
You've been having tons of fun, but all your conversations have really just been skimming the surface. How do you two really feel about each other? Don't be shy about opening up a little.

Daily Couples:
Your mind might be wandering, but your loyalty is where it's always been. Smile and make fun of your own spaciness as you make joint plans for a big adventure that lasts well into the future.

Daily Singles:
You've got questions, but unfortunately they're not the kind with easy, pat answers. Or is it unfortunate? You're looking at the big picture, which is exactly where you need to be. Persevere.

Daily Career and Finance:
You've got to go over those big plans again, this time with an eye toward their weaknesses. Pretend you're your biggest rival and figure out where the weak spots are.

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2005, 07:15:47 AM »

Good Morning all!

59 Minutes was funny!  Those Broads never cease to amaze me!

I too think that Anthony does have a good voice, but I wouldn't compare him to Clay.  Clay is established and has a voice and a style all his own.  I can see Anthony being successful, but I don't see him as a threat to Clay.  I wish Anthony all the best.

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
fantasys about clay
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2005, 07:20:05 AM »

Quote from: clayMaine-iac
From crooners to rockers
By Jen M. Pangilinan
The Philippine Star 02/20/2005  

It’s a hodgepodge of styles in this season of American Idol. Crooners. Rockers. Balladeers. Divas. Country singers. Hip-hop artists. Showgirls – such is the group of 193 hopefuls who went to Hollywood for another series of auditions. They are now down to 72 but more will be sent home as the most exciting season ever continues to the next round.(snip)

PHILSTAR

Well that's a good laugh first thing in the morning!! chair I think Anthony is great and seems like a great guy. He could win and I hope he does at least come close, but he could never,ever replace Clay!!!!!!!! COme on now, there will never,ever be anyone like Clay!!!! That could be good or bad! I think Anthony would rather just be him and not try 2 be Clay but it's just there!

Thanks for the new everyone!
Have a great day!
I'll be back later!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2005, 08:38:54 AM »

TV GUIDE:  DISPATCHES

By Matt Roush

February 16, 2005

In the shrinking world of TV comedies worth fighting for, Fox's Emmy-winning and low-rated wonder Arrested Development gets (and deserves) much of the ink. Concerned buzz over that show's fate has escalated lately because Fox trimmed its episode order and removed the show — which didn't premiere until November — from the May sweeps lineup. (Fox is bumping a scheduled episode this week as well, replacing it with a Simpsons repeat — but a colleague reports to me that this is because the network plans to air the next two episodes, featuring Julia Louis-Dreyfus, back to back on March 6.)

But there's another smart, innovative and underappreciated comedy that, like Arrested Development, is an oasis in the desert or, in this case, in NBC's laugh-deprived schedule. Scrubs, the victim of erratic scheduling and the lack of a compatible lead-in or suitable companion comedy, has chugged along for four inspired seasons, and has already been renewed for a fifth. (Kudos to NBC for that show of faith.) The Feb. 15 episode was a brilliant display of the show's heart and wit, as Scrubs transformed midway through into a traditional three-camera sitcom — complete with live studio audience, canned laughter, corny jokes, contrived gimmicks and the artificial lighting that enhances the unreality of it all.

Scrubs is known for breaking many sitcom rules — no laugh track, filmed with a single camera, reliant on sophisticated blackout gags and voice-overs, unafraid to juggle tragedy with comedy, forcing the audience to pay attention, etc. — so it was impressive for this particular show to pay homage to, while spoofing, the classic sitcom tradition.

The point was rather obvious: J.D., who earlier was seen quizzing his new girlfriend on sitcom trivia ŕ la Diner ("Name three Happy Days spin-offs"), latched onto a new patient who once wrote for Cheers, one of J.D. and Turk's (and my) favorites. When he turned out to be more seriously ill than expected, J.D. mused, "There are moments when we all wish life was more like a sitcom."

Voilŕ. The show's look, tone and attitude change into a full-fledged sitcom with all the trimmings. The scene-stealing janitor's entrance was greeted with hoots and applause, as if he were Kramer or the Fonz. A kiss between Turk and Carla earned ear-splitting "woos" and cheers. The costumes were splashier, the laughs were more forced and silly, there was a celebrity guest musical cameo from Clay Aiken (who in the show's reality played a cafeteria worker about to be fired in a wave of budget cuts) and a nutty plot twist involving a hospital talent contest.

As parody, it was clever. As a commentary on life in a setting where relationships can't always mend in a half hour and where "nice people don't always get better," it was on target.

At the end, J.D. retreated to his couch at home, presumably to a rerun of Cheers. "There's always one thing that can pick your spirits up," he said, basking in the glow of his TV.

Cheers, Scrubs. You may still be awaiting your breakthrough — which is destined to come in future exposure on cable and DVD — but you're already a classic in my book.

TV GUIDE
outthereforclay
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2005, 10:45:03 AM »

He has a way of peering at the camera that makes you think he’s speaking (or singing) to you and you only. That, coupled with his charisma, the same charisma that he possessed even before he was made over, makes for an extremely seductive, heady experience. ....

Clay Aiken is a powerful presence, make no mistake about it. Behind that soft-spoken southern drawl and those polite manners is a presence that will not be denied.

THese snippets from that article really hit home with me. Although these words were written a year and a half ago, they could have been written today. That's been our experience with Clay---he is who he is. Not that he isn't growing or changing...we see his chameleon nature of hair and clothes choices, etc.---

but the MAN remains true...

I love him.
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2005, 11:00:04 AM »

outthereforclay,
SO TRUE, SO TRUE!!--I LOVE THAT SNIPPET YOU QUOTTED.

THANK YOU,
ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
cjrmax
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2005, 10:47:11 AM »

What I do wonder about is his sophomore album. Since he’ll be older and presumably more experienced, will he still insist on singing “clean” songs?

Laugh  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh

This is hysterical!!  When has Clay sung a "dirty" song???????????????????
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx