gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:43:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 268
Total: 268

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK FEBRUARY 18  (Read 6635 times)
InAweOfClay
UltimateFan

Forever a Fan

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2005, 12:26:15 PM »

cjrmax,

You are so right on all of the above.

Some of his success is probably due to the fact that he lets his mistakes roll off his shoulders. He laughs and we laugh with him.
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2005, 12:30:11 PM »

Actually, Christie, some of my favorite Clay moments in concert have come from his screw-ups and that wonderful, snarky, self-effacing sense of humor that prevails shortly after them!!!  Super Happy!!!

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2005, 01:23:55 PM »

WELL I HAPPEN TO HAVE LOVED ALL OF CLAY'S PERFORMANCES.
CLAY  MADE EACH SONG HIS OWN & SHOWED WHAT HE WAS MADE OF--PLENTY!!.
 I THINK CLAY DID A GREAT JOB WITH "VINCENT" . YES HE IS NOT THE FIRST SINGER TO FORGET THE WORDS TO A SONG.  BUT PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND,  CLAY NEVER CHOSE THAT SONG ---THAT SONG WAS A SONG HE HAD TO SING WHEN HE DREW IT OUT OF A BOWL.  

I THOUGHT CLAY WAS ADORABLE WHEN HE SANG GREESE.

BUT EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OWN OPINION--WE CAN AGREE TO DISAGREE.

DEANNA,  SUSAN &  EVERYONE ELSE THANKS FOR THE NEWS, OPINIONS & COMMENTS.

TAKE CARE EVERYONE & ENJOY THE DAY!!
ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2005, 02:18:12 PM »

I WAN'T INTO CLAY BACK IN THE OLDEN DAYS, BUT I CANANOT STAND VINCENT AND SKIP OVER IT WHEN I PLAY A CD WITH IT ON.

I AGREE THAT SOME OF THE BEST TIMES IN CONCERT ARE WHEN HE DOES MESS UP.  IT CAN BE REALLY FUNNY.  (HE DID GET REALLY PISSED AT HIMSELF WHEN HE MESSED UP BIG TIME IN YORK ON SOLITAIRE.)  ONE OF THE THINGS THAT IS SO GREAT ABOUT CLAY IS HIS ABILITY TO LAUGH AT HIMSELF.  HE DOES MESS UP SOMETIMES.  HE IS HUMAN.  ANYONE WHO WAS IN CHARLOTTE WILL REMEMBER HOW NUTS HE GOT WHEN HE "WENT UP ON MELODY" WITH THE LEG.  IT WAS A RIOT.  WHAT MADE IT SO FUNNY WAS THE WAY CLAY REACTED TO HIMSELF.  

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2005, 02:47:10 PM »

Just reading what has been said since this morning. I have a friend who is a member of another Board. They had a convention in Raleigh last spring (400 Clay fans attended). Clay's Mom and Grandmother stayed with them the whole weekend, and Faye DID wear the red "Grease" jacket one night - my friend gave me a copy of her picture with Faye, and Faye is wearing the jacket. (The jacket is a $1200 jacket, by the way).

It is good that we can all agree to disagree, and still love Clay and care about each other - I love Claymaniacs!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
InAweOfClay
UltimateFan

Forever a Fan

« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2005, 03:05:47 PM »

$1200 jacket?????????

How cool. AI provided their costumes, didn't they? Clay did say they were only getting union scale wages during the show.

Glad Faye's got it.

I love Claymaniacs, too. It's where to run when you need cheering up because we all are hooked on one special person.
Clara
SuperFan

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2005, 03:25:36 PM »

Quote from: cjrmax
And I don't blame him for not liking the song.  Its a dismal and depressing song about a man with a tortured life who ends up committing suicide!

cj,

"Vincent" is about Vincent van Gogh. Listen to it again, and you'll see it's actually a love song to one of the most magnificent (and also tortured) artists in history. Somebody mentioned the complexity of the lyrics: they  refer to his paintings (e.g. "starry, starry night").

I love the song - although not nearly as much as I love the painter - and thought that it would be perfect for Clay. It was a shame that his performance wasn't really as moving as I believed it would be. I wonder if Clay was ever told what the song was about.

Hugs,
Clara
Claymaniac2000
UltimateFan

Clay's Butterfly

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2005, 04:38:45 PM »

Clara, I agree with you. I think Vincent is one of the most beautiful songs ever written adn as far as I am concerned I thought Clay did a wonderful job singing it. I knew what the song was about and it has always brought a tear to my eye.I think Vincent Van Gogh was a great artist and I know he lived a very tortured life.

Janet Claymaniac2000
Hey Butterfly....Open up your weary eyes and realize.....It's a trip we're taking

BRETT-------WELCOME HOME
JULIE you are in my heart forever
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2005, 04:41:37 PM »

I hope Deanna repeats this in the morning!!

James McGuire Top 40

American Idol watch: For those who think that Paula Adbul is consciously acting more argumentative to boost ratings (I've had that thought myself), the Idol producers say otherwise. Such a plan would never work, show producer Ken Warwick told VH1, "partly because Simon is the worst actor in the universe, as you've probably seen." I believe that.

Clay Aiken, as reported here previously, appeared on the TV comedy "Scrubs" this week. Among many Aiken fans, there seems to be a prevailing opinion about his rendition of Stevie Wonder's classic "Isn't She Lovely." Yes, fans seem to be saying, Clay did an excellent job with it, but for his next album, he needs original songs written for him. That makes sense. "Isn't She Lovely" will always be Stevie Wonder's song, no matter how well anyone else sings it. For Aiken to carve out a long term reputation for himself, he needs his own songs. Songs that people hear, and go, "yeah, that's a Clay Aiken song."

About poll: Who's your on CD player -- this week? GO TO POLL

Choices: 3 Doors Down, Gwen Stefani, The Game, Mario, 50 Cent, Jennifer Anniston, Ray Charles, American Idol hits, Clay Aiken, Usher

Clay has a higher percentage in this new poll so far...American Idol singers are an option to choose from. I am sorry- I can't make the poll active from my post..Deanna can do that for ya..just go to the link and place your vote!

Lora
*edited to make poll active* DWink
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx