gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:46:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 299
Total: 299

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MOAM REISSUE INCLUDES SOLITAIRE  (Read 3032 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: February 12, 2005, 01:55:05 PM »

It appears that Measure of a Man has been reissued with Solitaire as the "bonus cut" instead of This is the Night.

Everything about the CD is exactly the same except for:

-Track 9 is listed as Solitaire (bonus cut) instead of This Is The Night (bonus cut)
-www.clayonline.com is listed with the official site URL and the RCA URL on the Solitaire issue (the clayonline site is the old fan club site which has since been taken down)
-the spine of the Solitaire issue shows "RE-1" at the end of the RCA stock
number 82876 54638-2

They both reference RCA, BMG, 19 E and an "S" for Simon Cowell's S Records on the back.

The reissue also includes a new poster!  You can see it HERE.  *Be sure to click in the bottom right hand corner to see the FULL SIZE version!*

They have been reported to have been found at KMart, WalMart, Shopko and other stores.  

I don't know if this issue was the original version - since it includes the old defunct fan club addy it may be - or a true reissue.  There was some speculation that Solitaire was on the CD originally and was taken off later because it didn't "fit" with the other songs, which are more pop oriented.

Either way, sales of this reissue may be what pushes Measure of a Man into official triple platinum certification status.  I think the Claymates have pretty much wiped out Raleigh, but not before I found mine!

Let us know if you find it where you are!

Edited to correct the "S" designation from Simon Fuller Management to Simon Cowell's "S Records."  Thanks to Buffi for that correction!
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 02:18:42 PM »

I  bought my copy at K Mart this morning for $9.99. You can never have enough Clay! I went to get it at Wal-Mart and they were all sold out. All they had left was one copy of the "Solitaire" single (which I bought). They did have at least 10 copies of MOAM last weekend, so it's selling well here!

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
gagran
Claylicious

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2005, 03:31:00 PM »

When you shop for the " new moam" , make sure that the albums are not HIDDEN,like mcwl was.I found that to be the case at one store.
gagran

I really admire clay's interest in and knowledge of disability issues. I also admire all his other"assets"!!

In loving memory of my "neighbor" jj
mrsaiken3504
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 08:57:27 PM »

hot dog... in 20 years the original MOAM cds will be worth a lot of mulah!
clays#1fan
UltimateFan

Clay's Speedracer

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2005, 09:24:57 AM »

Kool Beans!! Ill have to go pick me up a copy or 2 or 3!

Joyce wave
Clay makes me happier than a kitten chasing a leaky cow!  
I love Clay more today, but not as much as tomorrow!
www.myspace.com/joyce1010
outthereforclay
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2005, 11:07:00 AM »

AAARRRRGGGHHHH!

No luck so far. The local WalMart had only one MOAM and it was the old one and it was in between two other artists in the wrong place.... (fixed that quickly, by the way.... )

MUST. FIND. IT.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2005, 11:38:08 AM »

Poor outthere!!  Huggles  And anyone else who is on a mission for REMoaM!

If anyone is able to procure extras, post here!  I'll keep looking in Raleigh too.
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2005, 11:56:28 AM »

I can get extras here!

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
tessie
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2005, 02:03:03 PM »

I just tried Costco....no luck there either!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2005, 03:24:13 PM »

I made a correction in the first post thanks to Buffi who set me straight!

The "S" logo on the back of the CD is for Simon Cowell's S Records, not Simon Fuller Management.  

I was under the impression Simon had sold his domestic rights to Ruben and Clay, but there he is.

Thanks Buffi!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2005, 11:34:03 AM »

According to the Claynationnews this morning, they are checking to see if this is a reissue, or an error. They say that "Solitaire" is listed on the back of the CD case, and is on the CD, but the label on the CD itself lists "This Is The Night". My local Walmart doesn't have either version - when I was in civilization last week, I saw the CD in several stores, but didn't know to check for differences - I'll have to look again next weekend.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2005, 04:51:00 PM »

Quote from: fhmmany2
According to the Claynationnews this morning, they are checking to see if this is a reissue, or an error. They say that "Solitaire" is listed on the back of the CD case, and is on the CD, but the label on the CD itself lists "This Is The Night". My local Walmart doesn't have either version - when I was in civilization last week, I saw the CD in several stores, but didn't know to check for differences - I'll have to look again next weekend.

This is exactly what I found when I bought my copy this morning! My case says Solitaire, but the CD itself says TITN.  The CD plays Solitaire though.  I wasn't sure if it was an error on some or just something that was overlooked.

When I went to Walmart this morning there were two copies of MOAM, both with Solitaire.  I bought one and then when I got to work I e-mailed my friend and she went right away and bought the other, so we successfully wiped out the inventory in Southern Pines!!

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
Ilovetowrite
UltimateFan

hi
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2005, 07:44:23 AM »

I bet I never find one in my redneck town. I will search anyway, give me something to do today. Why didn't they make this known before now that they was planning on doing this.
If I can not find one does someone have an extra one I will pay cost and shipping.

Keeper of Clays straight hair and Flip flops.

CLAY'S BUS BABE.
Clays Traveling Gypsy.
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2005, 08:31:51 PM »

I am currently looking here for extras for those who can't get the new MOAM. If I am able to locate any I will let everyone know. Our stores here keep selling out every time they get them in. I did get mine, though.

Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
shaikeninseattle
Enthusiastic

On My Way Here, I THUDDED!

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2005, 11:20:44 AM »

As of today, we haven't seen the new issue of MOAM in Seattle area. At least not at WalMart. Will check again this weekend.

Retired, but not tired!
Clayed 16 times!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx