gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:35:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 353
Total: 353

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK FEBRUARY 11  (Read 6546 times)
clay_fan_20
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2005, 07:13:03 AM »

Quote from: Pamela
Good morning all!  wave

Deanna...you stay inside today, where it's warm and dry!  Good heavens that's a lot of snow!

Did anyone watch Jimmy Kimmel last night?  Jen (the Bachelorette) was on.  She mentioned she had dated someone from The Apprentice program.  Jimmy then asked her if she would be dated Joe Millionaire next, and Jen said "no, but maybe someone from American Idol...Clay..."

It was cute, and not really serious.  If you go to Pax's site you can see the video.

http://pax-et-animo.net/ca/    

"Enter" and then select "News Stories."

Thanks for the news!  Stay warm Deanna!

i was watching jimmy yesterday, and i did saw Jen, but i switched to connan hehe, thanks for the link Pamela
clay_fan_20
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2005, 07:21:15 AM »

Quote from: cjrmax
Like Clay, he has the personality and the charm to back up the voice.

I just don't see this.  This Anthony guy definitely has the voice, but I saw no sign of personality or charm - at least not so far.  He seemed rather dull to me, boring in fact.  To be fair, we have hardly seen him at all, but from what I did see I say yes to the voice, but no to the personality and charm.

Anyone worrying yet????  

LOL, i am a little bit, lol, (i know too childish) i like the guy, but i don't like the fact that's he's been compared to our guy, and if he did win i don't think he's gonna take the title of Clay as the best selling idol (and nobody has said it but i know everybody has thought of it, confess confess LOL, j/k), but i hate the comparisions, because they are way different, i guess the only thing in common is the glasses. Clay's voice, for me, is more powerful, and has a different tone, anothony has a great voice but different...
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2005, 08:15:39 AM »

I LIKE ANTHONY, AND I HOPE HE DOES WELL IN HIS OWN RIGHT.

THAT SAID-CLAY IS A PERSON UNTO HIMSELF- THE COMPASSION, THE WIT, THE SENSE OF HUMOR, THE SNARKINESS, THE VOICE, THE LOOK- THEY ARE ALL UNIQUE- THE CLAY ENTIRE PACKAGE- AND THAT CANNOT BE DUPLICATED.

ITS JUST SAD THAT THE FOLKS AT AMERICAN IDOL HAVE TO CONTINUALLY COMPARE EVERYONE TO CLAY- IT MAY HAVE HAPPENED WHEN I WASNT LISTENING- BUT HAS ANYONE YET BEEN COMPARED TO KELLY OR RUBEN OR JUSTIN OR KIMBERLY LOCKE? I DONT THINK SO. AND THIS IS WHAT WILL GARNER THE ATTENTION OF THE PUBLIC- TO SEE HOW MUCH THIS POOR KID IS LIKE CLAY- INSTEAD OF SEEING HOW HE IS AS ANTHONY!!

ANYWAY- DEANNA- YOU STAY INSIDE, GIRL---- AND I HOPE NONE OF THAT STUFF IS COMING DOWN THIS WAY!!!!

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2005, 08:55:42 AM »

Deanna- That is a lot of snow!!!!!!!! I hope you do stay in be safe!!

I had a root canal yesterday..went to bed early, slept late all compliments of a little pill named Vicoden. Thank you makers of Vicoden. That is my public service announcement for the day!

Thank you for the news!! I was able to see the video..but in broken parts. It did not play all the through. I will try later. It did take a long time to load so maybe if we just try periodically..it will work better.

I like Jen Sheft. I am watching the Bachelorette now..haven't missed a show. I can see why she would have said Clay...but she wants a guy ready made for city living..Chicago. I think Clay is safe...

I will check back later!! Fridays off are great aren't they Deanna! I have a contractor coming about noon today so I should do something with this mop on my head referred to as hair.

Have a great day everyone!!

Lora
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2005, 09:18:42 AM »

HELLO EVERY ONE,
THANKS FOR THE NEWS---DEANNA, STAY SAFE, STAY INSIDE & WATCH VIDEOS OF CLAY.

TAKE CARE & ENJOY THE DAY EVERYONE!!
ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
alli_aiken
UltimateFan

~Clay's Workout Girl~

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2005, 09:24:13 AM »

hey all you newscasters!!  

Thanks Maine-iac!!  Stay inside and stay warm!!! I'm glad you have the day off!!

Julie Forever...One Sweet Day
Where do you go when the tears run dry...
I miss you guys!
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2005, 09:31:42 AM »

Hey, guess what??!!  It's still snowing!!!    argh! I am staying inside!!
Yes, Lora, I enjoy having Fridays off--and especially today!!  

Here is an article from earlier this week:
Idol Thoughts
February 7, 2005  

The poster, the smoldering eyes, the feathered hair and the hit TV show - says only one thing - teen heartthrob. Do you remember your first teen idol love? With American Idol back on the air and once again creating keyboard passion, we begin to wonder about our next teen obsession. Clay Aiken (#5) remains our most searched and favored male idol and he leaves us pondering our beloved past, present and possibly future idols.

The Lycos 50 has been the preeminent place to learn what are the most popular people, places or things you are searching for online. Today we are getting dreamy as we look at the most popular male teen idols. In generating your list of smooch-a-lilcous idols and in an attempt to keep the list manageable, we created some parameters. FYI, we focused only on the boys. They had to be actual teens when they shot to stardom and bedroom poster worthy. Many of these teen's popularity launched a merchandising dynasty - which encompassed lunchboxes, magazine covers, dolls, books, games, Colorforms and other tchotchkes.

Here are the most searched teen idols for the past four weeks, ending February 5, 2005:

1. Clay Aiken
2. Usher
3. Michael Jackson
4. Elvis Presley
5. Johnny Depp
6. Justin Timberlake
7. Aaron Carter
8. Daniel Radcliffe
9. Leonardo DiCaprio
10. Ashton Kutcher

Clay Aiken by far is the most popular teen idol. Clay is seven times more popular than the next heartthrob, Usher, truly proving that geek chic is all the rage. There are a bunch of other popular geeks also on this list - Harry Potter himself, Daniel Radcliffe, and The O.C.'s Adam Brody.

11. Nick Carter
12. Ricky Martin
13. David Boreanaz
14. Adam Brody
15. David Gallagher
16. Mario Lopez
17. Nick Cannon
18. Will Smith
19. JC Chasez
20. John Travolta

21. Kevin Bacon
22. Chad Michael Murray
23. Devon Sawa
24. Lance Bass
25. Luke Perry
26. David Cassidy
27. Michael J. Fox
28. Zac Hanson
29. Donny Osmond
30. Scott Baio

Impressively there are a bunch of 'classic' teen dream-boats that show incredible staying power as they made our list: Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley, Donny Osmond and of course Scott Baio. Thirty years from now I wonder if Zac Hanson would make the list?

LYCOS50

Here is the follow-up today:
Second: Clay Idol

With news that Debbie, ahem Deborah Gibson, is set to appear in next months Playboy we got thinking about teen heartthrobs. We got dreamy as we looked at the most popular male teen idols. In generating your list of smooch-a-lilcous idols and in an attempt to keep the list manageable, we created some parameters. FYI, we focused only on the boys. They had to be actual teens when they shot to stardom and bedroom poster worthy.

Well Donna set us straight...Clay didn't appear on American Idol until he was 24 years old, so he flunks that part of the test. Definitely bedroom poster worthy, though. I'm not a teen, so instead I have a poster hiding behind my door in my very professional office..

LYCOS50

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S CLAYNADIAN GIRL !!!

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2005, 09:44:21 AM »

Hey everyone, The SCRUBS INTERVIEW is up at ALL THINGS CLAY if you couldn't get it like me !! He looks soo great and happy !!!

http://allthingsclayaiken.com/videos.html

Baby Dust I Close My Eyes and I Breath You In Baby Dust

UNCONDITIONAL
clays#1fan
UltimateFan

Clay's Speedracer

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2005, 09:48:43 AM »

Thanks for the news as always!!

Love ya!!

Joyce wave
Clay makes me happier than a kitten chasing a leaky cow!  
I love Clay more today, but not as much as tomorrow!
www.myspace.com/joyce1010
cassms
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2005, 10:51:08 AM »

Well, I can certainly see why the bachelorette would want to make Clay her own--but get in line, honey!!

And so far as Anthony Federov (aka Clay 2 in some writers' words), he reminds me of Clay insofar as the fact that he seems very nice and polite and has a pure-sounding voice and delivery.  I hope he does well, but he could never, ever take the place of OMC in my heart.  Even if he turns out to be fantastic, I would have to make more room in my heart, because he could never bump Clay out of my heart.
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2005, 01:31:46 PM »

Article from Hotel Industry magazine

Copyright 2005 PR Newswire Association LLC.
All Rights Reserved.

PR Newswire US

February 11, 2005 Friday 06:21 PM GMT  

Cartoon Network Teams With Best Western International Empowering Children Nationwide to Raise Funds for UNICEF's Tsunami Relief and Recovery;
World's Largest Hotel Chain(R) Commits $400,000 to "Kids Help Out(TM) Matching Program"  

ATLANTA Feb. 11

ATLANTA, Feb. 11 /PRNewswire/ -- Cartoon Network and Best Western International are uniting in their support of UNICEF's tsunami relief and recovery, creating the "Kids Help Out Matching Program." The joint initiative seeks to empower, recognize and encourage the generosity and leadership of individual children, schools and youth groups in their efforts to assist those affected by the deadly tsunami in South Asia.

As part of its "Best Western for a Better World" community service program, the world's largest hotel chain will double the amount raised by children through the "Kids Help Out Matching Program," directing its recently announced $400,000 UNICEF donation to this matching funds effort. Donations from kids (under age 18) to UNICEF tsunami relief and recovery will be matched retroactive to December 26, 2004 and will continue through March 31, 2005. Cartoon Network will air "Kids Help Out" public service announcements featuring some of the music world's top names singing "Give A Little Bit." Performers include Clay Aiken, India Arie and John Ondrasik of Five For Fighting. Children, parents and teachers can learn more about the program at http://www.kidshelpout.org/ .

"The 'Kids Help Out Matching Program' gives children across the U.S. the opportunity to ensure a better future for their peers in South Asia -- boys and girls whose lives have been forever changed by this tragedy," said Cartoon Network's EVP and General Manager Jim Samples. "We are thrilled to join Best Western in this collaborative effort to support the incredible work of UNICEF throughout the region."

"Best Western International is proud of our association with Cartoon Network and UNICEF, working together to engage and educate today's youth on the importance of helping others," said David Kong, Best Western president and CEO. "We want to encourage all children, as well as other corporations, to participate in this massive fundraising effort to make a difference in the lives of those so desperately in need."

"The tsunami disaster has generated an enormous outpouring of support from young people everywhere," said Charles J. Lyons, president of the U.S. Fund for UNICEF. "Millions of children have taken a leadership role and demonstrated their compassion and caring for others. We greatly appreciate the commitment Cartoon Network and Best Western have made to these caring children, and to our tsunami relief efforts through the 'Kids Help Out Matching Program.'"

About Cartoon Network

Cartoon Network, currently seen in 87.1 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.'s 24-hour, ad- supported cable service offering the best in animated entertainment.

About Best Western International

Best Western International is THE WORLD'S LARGEST HOTEL CHAIN(R) with more than 4,100 hotels in 80 countries and territories. It is a membership association of independently owned and operated hotels that provides marketing, reservations and operational support to its members. Its multi- faceted community service program, "Best Western for a Better World," is dedicated to providing assistance to Best Western neighbors in cities and countries across the globe. Through financial contributions, product donations and volunteer activities, Best Western, its members, employees and guests work together throughout the year, making a difference by helping those in need.

About UNICEF

Founded in 1946, UNICEF helps save, protect and improve the lives of children around the world through immunization, education, health care, nutrition, clean water, and sanitation. UNICEF is non-partisan and its cooperation is free of discrimination. In everything it does, the most disadvantaged children and the countries in greatest need have priority. To make a donation or learn more about UNICEF please call 1-800-4UNICEF or go to http://www.unicefusa.org/ .

joe.swaney@turner.com ; or Sonia Taylor of Allison & Partners,
+1-415-277-4907, or sonia@allisonpr.com

Web site: http://www.kidshelpout.org/
http://www.unicefusa.org/
http://cartoonnetwork.com/

SOURCE Cartoon Network http://www.prnewswire.com  

Lora
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2005, 01:36:02 PM »

MTV.Com

Oh Goodness..More on Kenny and SCRUBS

Measure Of A Meatloaf: Clay Aiken Works Cafeteria On 'Scrubs'
02.11.2005 4:19 PM EST

'Idol' singer uses his voice to save his job during guest spot.

As an "American Idol" alum, Clay Aiken knows what it's like to perform with a lot at stake, and next week fans will see him sing like his job's on the line — his job as a cafeteria worker.

On Tuesday's episode of "Scrubs," Aiken guest stars as Kenny, a cafeteria employee who likes to pick hair out of the meatloaf. Like many episodes of "Scrubs," "My Life in Four Cameras" centers on daydreaming doctor J.D., played by Zach Braff, and this one features the "longest fantasy sequence of all time," taking over the entire second act, according to co-star Sarah Chalke (who plays Elliott).

It starts when J.D. has to give a sitcom writer the bad news that he only has a few weeks to live, and then he wonders how the lives of everyone at Sacred Heart Hospital would turn out if left in the hands of the writer.

J.D. says to himself, "Sometimes, I think we all wish life was like a sitcom," and then suddenly, life is a sitcom, as the show transforms into a mockup of traditional sitcoms, down to its own structure. Where "Scrubs" is normally shot with only one camera and no studio audience, there are now four cameras and a live audience. Their responses surprise J.D. at first, making him wonder just where the laughter is coming from.

"In the sitcom, it's a joke that there's always a big guest star, and they walk out and the audience goes, 'Woo!' " Braff said. "And we needed to have that, and Clay was nice enough to be our 'woo!' "

"I guess I have a little experience with live audiences," Aiken said, "so they said, 'Why not come out and give it a shot?' "

Kenny's cafeteria job is on the line, but his natural singing ability comes in handy since a hospital talent show is just around the corner — a device that would only work in sitcom world. "They have to fire someone in the cafeteria," Aiken said, "and my character is the one with the least seniority, so it looks like I'm about to be fired. But through the magic of television and sitcoms, my job is saved."

"He is so unbelievably talented," Chalke said. "He has this insanely sick voice. And he was so cool, he came and sang for the audience at the end."

It wasn't easy for the cast members to adjust — learning to hold for laughs, for one thing — but they liked the energy of doing the show live for a change.

"When you have the safety of being in an insular, creepy, invented hospital in the Valley," Chalke said, "the crew becomes our live audience when we're rehearsing. So if they don't laugh, we just go to the writers and come up with something else."

"But the crew is a little over our jokes after four years," Braff said. "And the audience laughing at our jokes makes us think for a second that we're actually funny."

— Jennifer Vineyard

Lora
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2005, 01:41:56 PM »

I think as far as Anthony goes,  as good as he may sound,  he could never ever  take the place of OUR CLAY.  Another thing,  I   do not think it is fair to him to compare them----just as Clay is an individual so is Anthony.  
My only hope is that Simon is not as rude to Anthony or any of the other contestants.

THERE IS ONLY 1 CLAY & THAT IS IT!!!
[/size]

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
InAweOfClay
UltimateFan

Forever a Fan

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2005, 01:47:44 PM »

"He is so unbelievably talented," Chalke said. "He has this insanely sick voice. And he was so cool, he came and sang for the audience at the end."

Is the "'sick' voice" a typo or is "sick" a slang word I don't understand? (It might be an age thing.)

Thanks for bringing this to the thread, it's an exciting article.

As if we weren't excited enough about "Scrubs" and new clack!!!!!

:skip
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2005, 01:58:54 PM »

InAweOfClay-

I think in this case.."sick" is a good thing. Kind of like being called "Phat" is a good thing too.

He is unbelievably talented..we can at least agree for certain on that part of the sentence!!

Lora
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2005, 02:53:21 PM »

I have copied my own post from the magazine thread to be added here...

Got my People Magazine today...Feb 21, 2005 issue with Julia Roberts and babies on cover..

Under the Picks and Pans page:

Don't Miss:

Scrubs: NBC Feb, 15th 9 p.m.

Clay Aiken guest stars as a dorky cafeteria worker who gets a chance to shine in the hospital talent show.

This part of the magazine writes their picks for each weeknight TV show. Tuesday..Feb 15- they chose Scrubs. YEAH!!!!!!!!

Feb 13, Grammys (CBS)
Feb 14- Trista and Ryan Honeymoon Hotspots- Travel Channel
Feb 16 The Road to Stardom with isy Elliot (UPN)
Feb 17- Survivor:Palau(CBS)

I have to agree with them for Tuesday..

Lora
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2005, 04:34:00 PM »

What a great day of news!      

Deanna, I hope you stayed inside and kept warm!  Be safe!!!!

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2005, 05:46:45 PM »

2-11-05 :: Clay on TV
Spend Valentine's Day with Clay Aiken. Clay will be the lead guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live - Monday, Feb. 14th. This is only an interview - NO PERFORMANCE.

From Clay's very own "official site"...ClayAiken.com

Lora
houstonclayfan
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2005, 05:54:01 PM »

You can hear Clay singing "Isn't She Lovely" in this Scrubs clip  

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1496855/20050211/index.jhtml?headlines=true  

(Thanks Clayforlife!)

Oh and I forgot to mention that it is MTV's website  
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2005, 03:04:48 AM »

Thank you Colleen!!!  GAHHHH, I wanna hear the whole thing!!!!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx