gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:06:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 425
Total: 425

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK FEBRUARY 4  (Read 7713 times)
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2005, 07:37:57 AM »

Good morning all!  Thanks for the inclusion M.B.!!!!

TGIF!!!!!![/color]

Here's some Cookie  Cookie  Cookie  Cookie  Cookie  Cookie  Cookie  Cookie  for everyone...in our area, this is the last weekend to buy Girl Scout Cookies...is this true all over the U.S., does anyone know?

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2005, 07:54:09 AM »

About those Girl Scout cookies.. I didn't even buy any this year! I only saw one person selling them - and I didn't know her.

I am no help.

Lora
Claymaniac2000
UltimateFan

Clay's Butterfly

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2005, 08:53:47 AM »

That remark in the Toronto Star really burns me up. When will they ever lay off of Clay?

Janet Claymaniac2000
Hey Butterfly....Open up your weary eyes and realize.....It's a trip we're taking

BRETT-------WELCOME HOME
JULIE you are in my heart forever
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2005, 09:04:17 AM »

Honestly- This time that article didn't bother me. Whatever. They had to attract attention to the movie and the article somehow. They chose Clay's name again.

Publicize Clay some more for free...for those that don't care one way or another..and listen to Clay for his voice - we just won't change our stance. Period.

Lora
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2005, 09:14:41 AM »

i think that critic who wrote about the closet scenario was WRITING that review in a closet and maybe had a bowling ball fall on his head or something? he needs some new material...it just goes to show you that they're desperate to get the Clay audience's attention and free publicity for their insipid paper at the same time.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2005, 09:21:05 AM »

HELLO EVERYONE,
THANKS FOR THE CLAY NEWS---IT TOPS OFF MY DAY

ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2005, 09:43:04 AM »

Thanks for the news, Lora!!  I think I managed to "repair" your font problem. Wink

Now, personally, I think some writers comment on Clay's sexuality because they know they will get alot of "hits" to their columns when they do.  Seems a little selfish and childish to me!!  

Secondly, I think there is still a portion of the male population that feel "threatened" by all the love Clay receives from his fans.  Sometimes lack of understanding leads to ignorance. Still seems a trite childish to me!!    

I try to ignore all of this childish behavior!! These writers certainly are not worthy of any attention at all!! lmao

Then, I try to say--
Isn't it wonderful that Clay is soooo famous and sexy and marvelous and wonderful and handsome, that he is the one responsible for this behavoir!!! Laughing Laughing

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2005, 10:30:53 AM »

DEANNA,

I AGREE WE NEED TO IGNORE THOSE NEGATIVE AND HURTFUL COMMENTS.  WE ONLY AD FUEL TO THEIR FIRE.  THEY SURE AREN'T GETTING IT FROM ME.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2005, 10:43:36 AM »

Not about Clay, but Clay's Mom again!

Clay's Mom Helps Support Literacy Council
Posted Pamela on Wednesday, February 2 2005 at 3:00 PM PST
The Literacy Council of Wake County (Raleigh NC) is holding a fundraiser. On April 22, 2005, Raleigh Mayor Charles Meeker and WRAL TV Anchor Debra Morgan will be co-hosting a fundraising event, "Black, White and Read All Over: A Celebration of Literacy", which will be held at Exploris Museum, from 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM, and will include a Live Auction and Silent Auction, music, and great food to benefit the Literacy Council. Clay Aiken's mom has generously agreed to be "auctioned off" to have dinner with the winner and guest. She will also be in attendance at the event.

WAKE LITERACY COUNCIL
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2005, 10:51:07 AM »

BRAVO CLAY FANS!

January 24, 2005: The results of the 57th annual U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Campaign, conducted during October, November and December 2004 have been tabulated. The results are: U.S. Marines distributed 19 million toys to 7.4 million needy youngsters throughout the nation. This was the most successful campaign in the 57 year history of Toys for Tots. In 2003, the previous record setting campaign, Marines distributed 15 million toys to 6.5 million children.

From the Clayboard.
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2005, 11:39:41 AM »

Love her or not..it's Kathy Griffin again....

DallasVoice

Comedy - D-list diva  

Our favorite fiery redhead gets dropped by LOGO, makes Worst Dressed list again and plans Texas visit  

By Tony Peregrin
Contributing Writer

SNIP

Her newest celebrity targets? Ryan Seacrest and Clay Aiken. Or as Griffin refers to him, “Clay GAY-ken.”
The Houston Improv Comedy Club, 7620 Katy Frwy. Houston. $25. Feb. 18-19. Shows at 8 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. 713-333-8800.    
COME OVER AND SEE ME: Griffin heads to Texas next weekend — in Houston.

To get more info about Kathy and her type of humor..read the article above.

Lora
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2005, 01:47:26 PM »

KATHY GRIFFIN BURNS ME UP- SHE USED CLAY AT THE AWARD SHOWS AND THEN KEEPS INSULTING HIM IN HER ACT- DOESNT SHE HAVE ANY NEW MATERIAL?

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2005, 05:42:33 PM »

Reuter

INTERVIEW WITH CLIVE DAVIS JUST OUT!!

Clive Davis in the Groove as Grammys Approach
Fri Feb 4, 2005 08:15 PM ET

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Clive Davis can't help but dance. Put on a record of one of his artists and his feet automatically start to tap, then he'll get up from behind his desk and groove.

SNIP

Q: THE IPOD, MOBILE DEVICES AND RINGTONES HAVE REALLY CAPTURED THE CONSUMER. WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE DIGITAL REVOLUTION?

A: I just think it's a great affirmation of the role that music plays in one's life. The major threat we as an industry have had to live through was the early days of Napster, when music was taken for free. Since then, we've had the battle of our lives in order to establish the validity of copyright and ownership. I totally support what the (Recording Industry Assn. of America) has done with its lawsuits against illegal downloaders. To establish these principles everywhere requires battle mode and constant vigilance. Now, to see legal downloading, to see the exploding sales of digital tracks, to see the growth of the ringtones and other areas is just affirming the role of music in people's lives.

I concentrate, for one, on the music. It's all in the creativity of trying to come up with new, talented artists, and breaking them is what has been so gratifying for us. In the RCA Music Group, we have now 10 artists whose very first albums have gone platinum. To see Fantasia, Mario, Velvet Revolver, Gavin DeGraw, Maroon5 joining Avril Lavigne, Kelly Clarkson, Clay Aiken, Ruben Studdard and, of course, Alicia Keys -- that's what it's all about. As far as technology goes, as long as we are vigilant in the enforcement of our rights, the digital revolution is only going to take music to a great audience in the future, and I'm all in favor of that.  

Read the rest of his interview at the link above!!

Lora
claydevotee
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2005, 06:17:06 PM »

Thanks for bringing this article to our attention, LORA.  Page 2 of the article sheds some light on the importance of Clay's getting airplay on satellite radio, if not on traditional radio.

Q: IS SATELLITE RADIO THE ANSWER FOR ARTISTS THAT LYRICALLY DON'T FIT INTO TRADITIONAL RADIO?

A: Satellite radio will be very valuable in this connection and can give exposure to artists who don't fit the traditional formats. Artists who are unique and creative and don't fit into tiny little slots will benefit. I'm grateful for the new avenues, and I root for them.

Reuters/Billboard
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2005, 06:34:40 PM »

I saw that Dev..it is a good article but I hate taking up so much space with the whole article.

I hope others read it..not just the Clay mention. It is pretty insightful.

Lora
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx