gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:17:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 356
Total: 356

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SIGN UP TO PRAY FOR CLAY BEFORE HIS UNICEF TOUR TO INDONESIA  (Read 18960 times)
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« on: February 03, 2005, 06:19:58 PM »

Okay ClayManiacs -

I'm calling y'all to duty again!

As Clay gets ready to embark on his tour as UNICEF Ambassador,we, his fans, have expressed a wide variety of feelings ranging from being proud of him and complete admiration to fear for the psychological and emotional effects it may have on him.

I'm uncertain exactly which countries his tour includes, but I do know that the things he'll be seeing will be disturbing and painful in many areas. And while I believe in Clay with all my heart, and I know without a doubt that his courage of conviction and his faith will give him the strength to do what he has set out to do, I know it will cost him a great deal emotionally and personally. It will change him.

I'm not saying it'll change him in a bad way. Clay's a good man, and compassionate man. But you can't see suffering of that magnitude and emerge unscarred, especially for someone as sensitive as Clay Aiken. It is because of these facts that I suggest a 24 hour prayer.

For those of you who are agnostic or atheist, or believe in a different God enitrely, but want to participate and support Clay, perhaps you could sign up for a time slot and either pray to the God Clay believes in if you're comfortable with that, pray to your God, or you can sign up and spend your 30 minutes in quiet thought. Some folks meditate, some believe in sending positive energy, there are many, many different ways to offer your love and support. All are welcome.

Let's do this, y'all!  Look what we did with the Red Cross Drive!  And this doesn't cost money - just a little bit of your time.  Isn't Clay worth that?

Sign up here!!!  You can include a short sentence.  SHORT meaning five words or so.  "I prayed for you Clay."  "My love and prayers are with you, Clay."  "Will you marry me, Clay?"  LOL  You get the general idea...

PrayForClay

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

friendofclay
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 07:58:53 AM »

I will add this certain prayer to my list of things to pray for Clay for. I certainly agree that some of the places he is going could either be dangerous or painful.

I prayed for you Clay because what you are doing is more benefitial to others than it is yourself and we need more people like you in this world!
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 08:30:28 AM »

I PRAY FOR MY CLAY EVERYDAY AND WILL CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR HIM ON HIS NEW JOURNEY.  WHEN IS HE SUPPOSE TO START THIS FOR UNICEF.  I WILL WORRY UNTIL HE RETURNS TO US.
klins
Claynewbie

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 06:03:43 PM »

I pray for Clay day and night . Please God just keep him safe and healthy.
nursingme
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2005, 06:36:50 PM »

I'll always remember Clay in my thoughts and prayers. He is such an inspiration and I feel that I should always ask God to watch over this nice young man as he continues to bring good news to all.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 08:18:24 PM »

bump

Just a reminder that what LadyC said up above, well yeah.

Clay's trip is coming up soon and whatever the details are let's keep him in our thoughts and prayers.

Thankya!
summerstar
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2005, 09:17:47 PM »

I WILL CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR CLAY, AND THAT GOD WILL KEEP HIM SAFE WHERE EVER HE MAY TRAVEL, AND WATCH OVER HIM AT ALL TIMES, MOST OF CLAYS LIFE IS DEDICATED TO HELPING OTHERS AND THAT IS SO PLEASING TO GOD.  AND EVEN THOUGH WE MAY MISS HIM TERRIBLY RIGHT NOW, NOT SEEING HIM ON TV AND TOURS.. WHAT HE IS DOING FOR THE PEOPLE AROUND THIS WORLD IS FAR MORE IMPORTANT...WE LOVE YOU CLAY..... MAY GOD KEEP YOU IN HIS GRACE...
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2005, 04:16:53 AM »

THERE ISN'T A DAY THAT GOES BY THAT I DON'T PRAY FOR MY CLAY.  HOW CAN I NOT.  HE HAS JUST CHANGED MY LIFE FOR THE BETTER AND YOU JUST DON'T FIND ANOTHER PERSON THAT HAS THE QUALITIES THAT OUR HONEY DOES.
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2005, 05:04:39 AM »

YOU CAN INCLUDE ME IN ON THIS

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2005, 05:24:41 AM »

Looks like he is going to Southeast Asia first - the tsunami zone.  He'll be in Aceh which is in Indonesia.

There may be other destinations announced as well.

The details are in the UNICEF thread in News & Appearances.

Thanks!
Tammy
Enthusiastic

I LOVE MY PUGS

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2005, 05:30:57 AM »

IM HERE FOR HIM ALSO.... Huggles

I LOVE MY PUGS! :heartburst 

Baby Dust JEWELS, LIZSIS AND JJ~OUR SPARKLING GEMS FROM HEAVEN Baby Dust
JoJo
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2005, 05:44:05 AM »

Clay is included in my daily prayers too. Isn't it amazing how many people pray for Clay every day? Can you imagine the power of  these prayers?  I think this is another phenomena involving  Clay.  It seems like his fans just quietly added him to their prayers - this can't be the norm for Pop Stars - he really is so incredibly special that he elicits this kind of response from us.  We are so darned PROUD OF OUR BOY! (OK, not a boy any longer - Hawaii showed us a MAN and what a MAN HE IS. Can you talk about thudding and prayer  in the same post? Works for me!))
KY4Clay
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2005, 06:10:51 AM »

Me To.  I always ask God to protect him.  I will continue to do so.
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2005, 07:13:47 AM »

[color=cornflowerblue]I pray for him everyday as well.  Please remember Faye in your prayers, too.  Those of you with children can imagine what this must be like for her, especially considering how protective she's been of Clay and how close they've been.

I guess what I was aiming for was a list of names, screen names are fine, that I could send to Faye.  Something tangible to show her that a concentrated effort is being made by Clay's fans because we are aware of the sacrifice both she and Clay are making.

But then I got sick, so I didn't follow up on it.

Anybody wanna try again?

Love ya,
LadyC[/color]

Aunt Em,
~Dorothy

LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2005, 07:22:22 AM »

[color=cornflowerblue]You know, perhaps an organized, pray-around-the-clock type of thing is too difficult, given our diverse schedules and locations.  It really doesn't matter when we pray, just that we do.  I have a talent for making things too difficult...

How about just a list of names and locations.  Please don't be too specific, as this is the internet.  A first name or a screen name and a general location is enough to get the message across.

Sound good y'all?

I'll start, just copy and paste the list and add your info.  We'll do it for a few days and then I'll send it to Faye, okey dokey?  

1.  Kris    Utah, USA
[/color]

Aunt Em,
~Dorothy

lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2005, 07:31:58 AM »

1. Kris Utah, USA

2.  Lori, In transit, USA

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2005, 08:11:08 AM »

You can, of course, include me in this - I would like for us to set a time for group prayer if we find out the day he is actually leaving. I'm not the kind of person who drops to my knees every day at a certain time to pray - I just pray for those I love all day every day, as I go about my life - and this always includes Clay (and many, many, of you of this Board, too!) Please keep us posted on this!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
CLAY'SJULIE
SuperFan

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2005, 08:21:43 AM »

JULIE BAUMANN-ERIE,PA. ALSO PRAYING FOR CLAY EVERYDAY, MAY GOD PROTECT HIM IN MIND ,BODY AND SPIRIT!!

PRAYERS FOR OUR JJ AND ALSO FOR SWEET CLAY . AND FOR FAYE AND BRETT AND CLAY'S WHOLE FAMILY .
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2005, 08:34:15 AM »

1. Kris Utah, USA
2. Lori, In transit, USA
3. fhmmany2, Louisiana, USA
4. Julie, Pennsylvania, USA
5. Moonshot, N. Carolina, USA

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
hotwaxonclay
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2005, 09:44:39 AM »

this is such a good idea...now i don't really pray...i jsut started going to church and i am just getting into this whole thing...but i'll definently take a slot to send some positive energy and thoughts out to clay. i wish nothing but the best for him!

oh..btw i'm dani from ohio

1. Kris Utah, USA
2. Lori, In transit, USA
3. fhmmany2, Louisiana, USA
4. Julie, Pennsylvania, USA
5. Moonshot, N. Carolina, USA
6. Dani, Ohio, USA

edited to add you to the list! ~ Moonshot
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to: