gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:06:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 291
Total: 291

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK FEBRUARY 2  (Read 7383 times)
clayfannj
UltimateFan

Remember, CHEESE is a comfort food.

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2005, 07:08:28 AM »

Simon, can you say... "180 degree turn??"

It's NEVER ENOUGH!!!

Honorary Southern Belle

OBSESSIVE BIRD WATCHER

Tracking the Red -Crested Warbler
"I may be old, but I'm strong and lusty!"..Wm. Shakespeare
cjrmax
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2005, 07:36:14 AM »

Simon, can you say... "180 degree turn??"

Am I the only who remembers that TV Guide article before the end of AI where Simon was evaluating the top 5 or 6 and he said that he thought Clay had the best chance of making the most money in this business and being around the longest?  He also made some comments in his book to that effect.

Simon may not have always seen Clay as perfect (which he wasn't then nor is now - thank goodness!), and he has said things that could even be considered mean.  However he HAS been very consistent in his prediction of Clay's success.  Simon may not like Clay's music.  He may not even like Clay personally (although I doubt that).  I bet he hates the way Clay's fans jump down his throat all the time and forget the good things he has said about Clay (of which there were many) but never, ever forget the bad.  But you have to give him credit where credit is due. He has always said Clay would be successful.
claysjoy
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2005, 08:01:04 AM »

Quote from: clayMaine-iac
Aiken promotes downtown Raleigh in video
2/1/2005 8:11 AM
By: Associated Press

(RALEIGH) - Singer and Raleigh native Clay Aiken is helping to boost his hometown's downtown redevelopment.

A new promotional video on downtown Raleigh includes a brief appearance from Aiken, who was a runner-up on TV's "American Idol."

The Downtown Raleigh Alliance started giving away 200 copies of the video to real estate brokers and others with their sights on downtown.

The eight-minute video spotlights downtown developments, including the new convention center and Marriott hotel and the conversion of Fayetteville Street Mall for traffic.

NEWS14

THIS IS HOW DESPARATE I AM:  my first thought was "hope those Real Estate people like ebay!"  Man, I need some clack!
clays#1fan
UltimateFan

Clay's Speedracer

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2005, 08:08:22 AM »

Morning!!  

Thanks for the news!!  

Hope everyone has a great day!!  

Good Luck Deanna at your new job today!!  

Joyce wave
Clay makes me happier than a kitten chasing a leaky cow!  
I love Clay more today, but not as much as tomorrow!
www.myspace.com/joyce1010
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2005, 08:23:36 AM »

DEANNA--CONGRATS!!!!!  I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT.  2 NEW JOBS.      

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2005, 09:22:25 AM »

CONGRATS, DEANNA!  YOU GO GIRL!

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
cassms
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2005, 10:53:24 AM »

I can hardly believe Simon is finally admitting to Clay's success, even though he seems to always have to say something slightly nasty (like the Barry Manilow comment) every time he gives him a compliment.  I don't know that I will ever forgive him for the mean things he said to Clay during AI2; if I truly believed HE believed all the mean things he said, I could probably live with that--but I think many of the mean things he said were said deliberately to skew the contest and take the wind out of Clay's sails.  Just one for instance that made me so mad--Everlasting Love.  Clay absolutely nailed it and everyone else saw it--but Simon had to say "in the context of this competition that was horrible" . . . WHAT???!!!  Clay's expression went right from pride to put-down.  I can see no other explanation from Simon other than he could already see Clay was on track to win and Simon did not want that!  Maybe Simon himself has learned something about letting the people decide what they want, given the fact that Clay has been more successful in his records and concerts, but he sure was intent on trying to skew the contest by criticizing Clay harshly and often unfairly.   I am certainly among those who hopes Clay's career is long and successful--he is the real winner to me!
flakenforaikeninFL
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2005, 03:06:17 PM »

Hi Cassms

You are totally correct in everything you said.

But just listen to us.  The controversy around AI is us playing right into them.  This is exactly what they want.  That controversy makes the show a hit.  So, yes most probably all these things are done on purpose.

But --  Clay has a divine path and he will continue to endure no matter what.

FLAKEY
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2005, 04:27:01 PM »

HI!! Better late today than never!!

MSNBC.MSN.COM

American Idol’ looks beyond the looks
Unconventional-looking singers wow the judges in Cleveland

COMMENTARY
By Craig Berman
MSNBC contributor
Updated: 10:59 p.m. ET Feb. 1, 2005

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, of course, is where the glamour boys and girls of music are enshrined in permanent tribute. But the city is also the home of Drew Carey, the portly comic who won't be on the cover of fashion magazines anytime soon. While Kelly Clarkson may have the look of the traditional pop star, sometimes the judges seem to forget that neither Ruben Studdard nor Clay Aiken were matinee idols. While Simon snipes at contestants about their weight, or Ryan comments about how they dress, the voters have shown that if people can get past the auditions, they don't care about looks nearly as much as talent.

Savol won't make anyone forget Enrique Iglesias, but he had a great voice and made it through. So did Patrick Norman, who showed up in his overalls, said he worked on a farm and enjoyed camping and square dancing, and got the coveted "Dude, you can blow!" from Randy and a ticket to the next round. He also seemingly threatened to pound Clay Aiken into the ground, which may not be the greatest way to woo what proved to be a very large and dedicated fan base a couple of seasons ago.
[/b]

So did Anthony Fedorov, this night's medical miracle. After breathing problems as an infant forced doctors to perform a tracheotomy, he was told he would never speak again. Instead, the singer who reminded the judges of Clay Aiken was picked to advance to the next round.

These are just the snippets from LAST NIGHTS show that made reference to Clay Aiken...What happened to people feeling "threatened by".. feeling smitten with..doing their best "wanna be" impression...with the FIRST place winners of this talent / reality show??

There were 3 more winners , ya know?? Is this Simon or anyone else's way to "dog" on Clay with a back handed compliment...compare a lot of voices to Clay's voice as if his was/is run of the mill?? Find it in any town, USA?? It is not just the voice ..but Clay and Charisma.

I am still just shaking my head. I hate seeing two sides to everything. I am not a very good newscaster...I will just bring the articles..not comment on them! (On a good day, anyway...)

Lora
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2005, 04:33:03 PM »

FMQB- A radio industry-music industry news site

Quick Hits: Kanye West, Pearl Jam, Flea, Clay Aiken

February 1, 2005

Clay Aiken will return to prime-time television with an appearance on the NBC sitcom Scrubs. Aiken will show up on the February 15 episode of the show.

Lora
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2005, 04:39:23 PM »

TheTRADES.com

I feel a bit better, vindicated. This article DOES compare some to Ruben and Fantasia- Ths is NOT the entire article but snippets. Please read the entire article at the link above.

Roundtable Discussion
American Idol 4 - Audition Week 3, Episode 5
by The Trades Staff
February 2, 2005

Wait, I'm wrong -- when a contestant tells Randy Jackson that he is "the coolest dude on TV," as Scott Saville did, then you have really reached the pits. Scott, aside from his poor judgment, is laboring under the handicap of a father who has no confidence in him. But somehow he managed to climb out of this pit by coming up with a passable rendition of "Superstar," like a white Ruben Studdard. Simon remarks that Scott has "quite a good voice," and that this competition was a good thing for him, since he wasn't the kind of guy that would normally have a chance in the recording industry. LL says that, while so much in the country is based on looks, he'd like to see Scott have a chance to compete and have America decide -- and with a full slate of yes votes, Scott goes on to Hollywood.

I did smile when I saw the Jackson family, which had two large sisters competing. The shots of them with their family were down-to-earth, as was their cheerful bickering over which of them would win. Lashunda was first up, singing Monica's "Why I Love You". While her performance was maybe a bit too intense (in strange contrast to her smiling interview), her voice was quite nice. Randy and Paula dissed her on stage presence. LL gave her some props, but Simon delivered the news gently that it was a no. Sister Leandra came in with tears in her eyes, but gave a shot at "Summertime." This was a bad choice, considering what an amazing job Fantasia has done with that song, and she gets no votes straight across the board (but hugs from everyone -- including Simon!).

Anatoli ("Anthony") Fedorow, sang Jon Secada's "Angel", and did a nice job of it. A touch affected, but I have no doubt the producers' eyes lit up at the thought of Clay Aiken remix. Even Simon commented on the similarity to Clay. Add in an underdog story (when he was a kid, he had throat problems such that it wasn't certain he'd be able to speak, much less sing), and he was a shoo-in to continue.

This website has every week discussions on AI-

Lora-Ohio
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2005, 04:42:57 PM »

Thanks for the news ladies!

Deanna, I hope your first day at your new job was a good one!!  Huggles

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2005, 04:46:06 PM »

BaseBall- Mariners

Clay Aiken Mention-

Mariner Musings
Truth, Justice, and the Seattle Mariner Way.

February 01, 2005
Not Drowning, Just Waving
by Jeff Shaw

All-Baseball has been a terrific experience, and I wanted to thank everyone: Ken Arneson, code poet, deep as the Marianas; Alex Belth, an artist of such skill he made me appreciate the Yankees; Mike C., ranter extraordinaire; the one and only Will Carroll; Alex Ciepley, my favorite baseball writer, who has the energy of ten men and a Thai food appetite to match mine; Rich Lederer, deserving winner of awards; America’s Foremost Social Critic Scott Long, lover of Clay Aiken, hater of John Stamos; Mark McClusky, underappreciated and integral; Christian Ruzich, who gave me a shot; Derek “appropriate last name” Smart; BrYan Smith, bringer of future hope; the unforgotten TFD, co-consiprator in the reality-based community; Jon Weisman, word wizard, whose family gave us “Gargoyles.”

HOORAY for Scott Long!!!

Lora-Ohio
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2005, 04:51:54 PM »

JuiceNewsDaily

This snippet is NOT for the faint hearted Clay Aiken fan...

American Idol, Ohio Auditions Review
by Sarah Harbaugh   Bio   Email
Assistant Editor - OnyIdol.com

~ Anthony Fedorov sang John Secadas "Angel" and had everyone floating (like an angel) on air. A childhood illness made doctors tell him he would probably never speak again, which I'm not going to make a big issue of, I'm sure this topic will be overdone WAY too much! I really, really like him, even if they compared him to Clay Aiken. In my opinion, don't hold Clay against Anthony, let him do this competition on his own, without "Clay". One Clay Aiken is enough, and I, for one, am all "Clayed" out!!! PLEASE move on .............

WHATEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a big world out there...I am sure there is a hole big enough somewhere to fall into!

I said I was not going to comment...I will retract - tomorrow.

Lora-Ohio
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2005, 04:54:55 PM »

BETTER LATE THEN NEVER--
DEANNA, THE COFFEE YOU LEFT WAS COLD--I GOT HERE TOO LATE.   BUT THE NEWS IS ALWAYS GOOD.

CASSMS, I TOTALLY AGREE WITH WHAT YOU SAID.

DEANNA, THE BEST TO YOU WITH YOUR NEW JOB   & SUSAN, CONGRATS ON 10,000 POST

THANK YOU

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
CLAYMATEFL
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2005, 05:01:44 PM »

Hey CASSMS and FLAKEY:  Good to see your posts.  I agree with Ms Cass too.
Clayleen
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2005, 07:03:12 PM »

I'm getting that OLD feeling again.  You know, the one where the manipulation starts.  Last year during AI3 I knew from the final 32 that Fantasia was the chosen one.  Now this Anthony is getting alot of buzz.  Some ask "why would AI want another Clay?"  Well they lost their chance with the ONLY Clay and they have seen how wildly popular he has become.  Simon all of a sudden is saying how successful Clay is because he knew what the public wanted.  If they know that he knew the secret to the success off the show, why wouldn't they want another chance at another Clay, one that they won't make the same mistakes with (criticizing him during and long after the show was over, putting down while raising up Ruben up, etc)?  Clay has always had to fight an uphill battle for respect in this industry.  There are probably a lot of people out there who would love to see someone take his place.  Whether you love AI or hate it, there's no question that it has millions of viewers and has become a part of pop culture.  It HAS influenced the music industry and will continue to do so as long as it remains high in the ratings.  Nothing against Anthony, who seems sweet enough, but he won't get my vote.  Actually AI won't get my vote either, because I've stopped watching.  The first two seasons were wonderfully entertaining because they were unpredictable and fresh.  Now it's like a bad movie you've seen too many times and you know exactly how it's going to end.  Clay has moved on, and so have I.
cassms
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2005, 10:42:10 AM »

Hi Flakey and Claymatefl--so great to "see" you again!  Believe it or not, I haven't developed my roll of film from the JNT get-together in Dec.--but when I do and can figure out how to post, you'll see in on Claymaniacs!
houstonclayfan
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2005, 02:31:35 PM »

Sarah Harbaugh was half correct in her article about Anthony.

In my opinion, don't hold Clay against Anthony, let him do this competition on his own, without "Clay". One Clay Aiken is enough, and

I agree completely!  Anthony should be allowed to be himself and not be compared to anyone else. Good luck, Anthony!  And there is definitely only one Clay Aiken. Is he enough for all of us ??  Maybe not  

I, for one, am all "Clayed" out!!! PLEASE move on .............

They do need to move on with the Clay references BUT I for one am not "Clayed out" yet!  I didnt know that was possible!
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2005, 02:46:09 PM »

IT ISN'T POSSIBLE, COLLEEN.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx