gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:58:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 304
Total: 304

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: *Two Songs I Would LOVE to hear Clay sing!!!*  (Read 2785 times)
ClayAikengurl205
« on: January 29, 2005, 07:04:26 PM »

Okay I've been thinking. There are two songs I really want to hear Clay sing.

1.) Ave Maria- I've said this so many times. I would absolutely LOVE to hear Clay sing this song. I have a little bit of mexican in me, and in Mexico, when people get married, during the vows, they play tat song, The Ave Maria and I always said that I would love to have that song played at my wedding. And to top it off wouldn't it be wonderful if it was Clay's beautiful voice filling the church. It gives me the chills thinking about it. Only a singer like Clay could pull off a song as wonderful as that.

2) I'll Be: By Edwin McCain  I have been listening to this song alot and I love it! So I started to think- this song is great for Clay. It would fit his style and voice perfectly. It would be great if he sang it on his next tour or something. And I have a funny feeling I would like Clay's version better than Edwin McCains. :)

What do yall think?
claydevotee
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 07:40:05 PM »

Good Topic, CAgurl!

2 songs come to mind:

"Somewhere" from "West Side Story"

"What are You Doing the Rest of Your Life?"  --  Barbara Streisand has recorded it on her Broadway album.

I know these selections make me sound old, but maybe that's because I am!
alli_aiken
UltimateFan

~Clay's Workout Girl~

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2005, 09:20:05 PM »

oooo I'll Be is a good one...that's one of my favorite all time songs!!!  

p.s. mammadev i LOVE your avie

Julie Forever...One Sweet Day
Where do you go when the tears run dry...
I miss you guys!
clayunixity
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2005, 02:10:10 AM »

1.) Ave Maria- I've said this so many times. I would absolutely LOVE to hear Clay sing this song. I have a little bit of mexican in me, and in Mexico, when people get married, during the vows, they play tat song, The Ave Maria and I always said that I would love to have that song played at my wedding. And to top it off wouldn't it be wonderful if it was Clay's beautiful voice filling the church. It gives me the chills thinking about it. Only a singer like Clay could pull off a song as wonderful as that.

I absolutely agree with you!! Ave Maria is one of my favourite songs ever! And only so few singers with great vocals could pull it off. So, I really would love to hear Clay sing that song!!
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2005, 12:11:29 PM »

Elton John's Tiny Dancer.  And Amazing Grace.  Just off the top of my head.

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

Pauluka96
UltimateFan

Holder of Clay's Pepper Shaker

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2005, 01:21:57 PM »

I would love to hear him do two Elvis songs.
#1 Always on my mind
#2 Lord, this time you gave me a mountain
Now, I am saying I would love to hear him sing these two songs, I didn't say I could keep from schriveling up and melting into a puddle of mush if he did. What a way to go!!!!

Keeper of Clay's Adams Apple
Keeper of the pepper shaker
Keeper of Clay's T shirt and I am never going to give it back
hotwaxonclay
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2005, 02:30:01 PM »

oooh ave maria...very pretty...we sang an awesome arrangement of that for contest and we got the highest rating of 1!  he can come sing it for us hehe

i would love to hear him sing, isn't she lovely, angels (by robbie williams), and true by ryan cabrera. i get chills just thinking of him singing those!!
fantasys about clay
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2005, 03:23:03 PM »

''DO YOU BELIEVE IN MAGIC''! IT'S STUCK IN MY MIND NOW AND I WOULD LOVE CLAY TO SING IT!!!!!!!!!! AND BESIDES CLAY HAS CAST A SPELL OVER ALL OF US HASN'T HE?
HE TRUELY IS MAGICAL!
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2005, 06:03:50 PM »

Two songs I would love to hear Clay sing?

Sexual Healing
When a Man Loves a Woman

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
claydevotee
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2005, 07:54:17 PM »

p.s. mammadev i LOVE your avie

Oh, thanks so much ALI AIKEN!  It's an older photo, but I think he looks so handsome!!!
JoJo
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2005, 08:43:26 PM »

I totally agree with Ave Maria and When a Man Loves a Woman.  It's interesting that Clay said that he wants his next CD to have fewer songs about love and angst but when you think about it, most great songs are about these subjects!  There are so many great Standard songs from the 40's and 50's that are being covered again - that's where I would love to see Clay go - he certainly has the voice for them (whereas so few of the current pop singers can handle them with the exception of Fantasias version of Summertime - that was wonderful ). Solitaire is from the 50's and that certainly served Clay (and us) well.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx