gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:47:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 154
Total: 154

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JANUARY 29  (Read 4559 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: January 29, 2005, 04:47:31 AM »

wave Good Morning, everyone!! wave

This Week's Hits: Paris Hilton and Britney Spears - Fame Babes
 From James Maguire,
Fame babes are famous
1/31/05
(snip)
Also doing well is teen-diva extraordinaire Lindsay Lohan, whose debut album Speak was just certified platinum. Her arch-rival, pop-tart extraordinaire Hilary Duff, is unconcerned. Duff will appear in an upcoming movie "Material Girls." No word on release date, but apparently -- and this is true -- Duff will model her performance of a rich heiress on Paris Hilton. (Will Hilary suggest to Paris that she put out a CD? Uh-oh!)

The best selling album in America right now is The Documentary by The Game. He's young rapper who's being groomed to be the next big thing. The disc sold so well in its first week it pushed Green Day's American Idiot to second place.

The most popular song is Mario's "Let Me Love You." Mario has now spent -- gasp -- six weeks at No. 1 on the Hot 100. His cuddly boy R&B tune seems as if it will stay there, until Usher puts out another love ballad.

And Usher has done just that. Having spent a gazzillion weeks at No. 1 last year, Usher's latest tune, "Caught Up," leapt from No 24 to No. 14 this week on the Hot 100 chart. The tune, a muscular funky R&B groove, is destined to be No. 1 -- I can practically guarantee it. Usher sings: "I'm losing control / This girl's got a hold on me" in his signature romantic moan. Yup, it's a hit.

You say Fantasia, winner of last season's American Idol, isn't making headlines? On that count, you're wrong. Fantasia's tune "Truth Is" just catapulted up to No. 34 (from No. 51) on the Hot 100 chart. You'll remember that her song released soon after her victory, "I Believe," hit No. 1 on the Hot 100. She's got another tune leaping up the R&B charts, "Baby Mama." She's doing more than okay.

Have you seen that recent article in Reader's Digest about Clay Aiken? The Clay fan interviewed compared his voice to, of all singers, Johnny Mathis. Wow, that goes way back. Mr. Mathis, who's pushing 70, had six hits in... 1957. That's historical.

About poll: Who's on top of your hit chart -- this week? GO TO POLL

Choices: Paris Hilton, Fantasia, Britney Spears, Lindsday Lohan, Madonna, Jennifer Lopez, Clay Aiken, Usher, Hilary Duff, Green Day

TOP40

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 04:52:22 AM »

Popular respect
Simple Plan guitarist Jeff Stinco on his band's growing fan base
by Evan Haga  January 28, 2005
(snip)

All that elbow grease led Simple Plan to a perch alongside Britney Spears and Clay Aiken as idols for MTV’s teeny-bopping Total Request Live cult. With the release of the more hard rock-oriented Still Not Getting Any, the band’s demographic is expanding.

DIAMONDBACKONLINE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2005, 05:00:40 AM »

The Lycos 50 Top Artists

Top 10 Most Searched Music Artists /
Week Ending: January 25, 2005

This Week Last Week Artist
1 2 Britney Spears
2 1 Clay Aiken

BILLBOARD

Clay "is" the "News"
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2005, 05:09:59 AM »

MORNING DEANNA

I CAN HEAR SHADES OF MATHIS IN CLAY'S VOICE...ESPECIALLY ON SLOW SONGS WHERE HE DOES THAT vibrato THING WITH HIS VOICE. THEY PLAYED "CHANCES ARE" ON NPR THIS MORNING AS I WAS DRIVING HOME FROM WORK...THEY TYPICALLY PLAY "MISTY" BUT FOR SOME ODD REASON THEY BY-PASSED IT AND PLAYED THE OTHER SONG I WAS MENTIONING. HE HAD 20 TOP-40 HITS ON THE HOT 100 {6 IN 1957 LIKE WAS STATED}.

I AM NOT SURPRISED FANTASIA IS HAVING R&B SUCCESS. IT WAS SAID HER SONG LEAPED INTO THE TOP-40, WAS THAT BASED ONLY ON SALES OR IS SHE ALSO DOING WELL ON THE HOT 100 AIRPLAY CHART??

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2005, 05:14:15 AM »

Good Morning, Jerry!!

Here is an article from last year:

Posted 1/26/2004 8:00 PM     Updated 1/26/2004 6:41 PM  
  Today's Top Life Stories  

'03's 'Idol' rich: Ruben, Clay rack up singles
By Jim Cheng, USA TODAY
American Idol's dominance over TV extended to singles sales, as Idol singles made up three of 2003's top four, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Clay Aiken's This Is the Night/Bridge Over Troubled Water sold 948,155 units, while Ruben Studdard's Flying Without Wings/Superstar took second with 728,243. Neither was a big radio-airplay hit, illustrating a disconnect between mostly young single buyers and radio stations targeting broader audiences.

The figures also demonstrate singles' lagging sales compared with albums. The year's top-selling album, 50 Cent's Get Rich or Die Tryin', sold 6.5 million copies.

The Idol finalists' version of God Bless the USA, a single that received virtually no radio airplay, was the fourth-best-selling single with 309,655. (Kid Rock's Picture was third with 392,489 and Hilary Duff's So Yesterday rounded out the top five with 141,360. Both were radio hits.)

The rest of the top 10: Korn, Did My Time (132,967); The Eagles, Hole in the World (121,376); Mariah Carey, Through the Rain (116,785); Aaliyah, Miss You (98,358); Jewel, Intuition (96,142). Only the last two achieved widespread radio success.

USATODAY

Clay "is" the "News"
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2005, 05:24:44 AM »

THAT'S TRUE. SINGLES don't SELL LIKE THEY USED TO BUT I DON'T THINK RADIO WANTS A BROADER AUDIENCE OR ELSE THEY'D PLAY SOMETHING other THAN HIP-HOP/R&B STUFF ON TOP-40 RADIO. I DON'T CALL THAT A BROAD TASTE OF MUSIC LIKE TOP-4O used TO BE. IT'S NEAT LOOKING AT OLD ARTICLES AND LAUGHING AT THEM, ESPECIALLY IF ONE IS FOUND WHERE CLAY'S PREDICTED not TO LAST THAT LONG AND IS TO BE FORGOTTEN IN A MATTER OF MONTHS Laughing Laughing

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2005, 05:33:18 AM »

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Just a quick hello as I have to go into work this morning for a few.

I am NOT a  happy camper this morning.

Here's Clay's horoscope for the day from yahoo.com!

Quickie:
This is no time for hesitation. Take decisive action. Make your intentions clear.

Overview:
Still mad? Have you managed to let the person who inspired this anger know all about it? If you haven't, you'd better. Why let one issue spoil what looks like a terrific time together?

Daily Extended Forecast:
Hopefully, you've gotten over the urge to exact revenge, because with the kind of conscience you're toting around, it wouldn't work for long, anyway. You'd have to turn yourself in and apologize. No, you may be fiery, but you know when to call it quits on the anger thing -- and it's time. Besides, it's time to have fun, and who or whatever got in between you and that all-encompassing objective? They're history.

Daily Flirt:
Your current craziness could butt heads with your crush's need for routine. A short, direct conversation will clear things up and let you have some fun.

Daily Couples:
Your current flightiness could be at odds with your partner's need for safety. A short, direct conversation will clear things up and set a happier tone.

Daily Singles:
A day that starts out difficult can turn around in the most amazing way. If your love life's driving you crazy, take a deep breath -- then ignore it. Fun with friends leads all sorts of places.

Daily Career and Finance:
A coworker's requests for help are becoming a little too frequent. Doing a favor is one thing, but doing their work is another. If they're not willing to share the credit, maybe you should be a little less forthcoming in the future.

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2005, 05:41:43 AM »

Remember the poll on the Top 40 site about the average age of Clay Aiken fans???

Here's the latest results:
What is the average age of Clay Aiken's fans?  
0-10 years old  (2245)  2%  
11-20 years old  (16414)  20%  
21-30 years old  (24699)  30%  
31-40 years old  (10733)  13%  
41-50 years old  (9049)  11%  
51-60 years old  (14799)  18%  
61-70 years old  (3537)  4%  
71-80 years old  (374)  0%  
90 and still kickin'  (168)  0%  
Total Votes: 82018

Clay "is" the "News"
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2005, 05:53:06 AM »

Quote from: clayMaine-iac
Remember the poll on the Top 40 site about the average age of Clay Aiken fans???

Here's the latest results
:

What is the average age of Clay Aiken's fans?    
11-20 years old  (16414)  20%  
21-30 years old  (24699)  30%  
51-60 years old  (14799)  18%

====================
THAT SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT, THE TOTALS I HIGHLIGHTED. 21-30 OUGHTA WAKE SOME PEOPLE UP AT RADIO!!! OF COURSE, IT'S A POLL AND IT'S NOT A DEFINITIVE REPRESENTATION OF FAN AGES, BUT IT'S A GOOD SAMPLING.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2005, 06:07:42 AM »

wave Good Morning Deanna, Susy and Jerry!  

Susy, I hate that you have to work today!  I hope it goes quickly for you!

I'm not surprised by the poll numbers at all.  I think there are a lot of people in the 21-30 demographic that like Clay, but radio just doesn't know how to categorize him so it's easier for them to say he doesn't appeal to the right audience.  With or without radio he is going to be successful!!

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2005, 06:18:00 AM »

Quote from: heater
I'm not surprised by the poll numbers at all.  I think there are a lot of people in the 21-30 demographic that like Clay, but radio just doesn't know how to categorize him so it's easier for them to say he doesn't appeal to the right audience. With or without radio he is going to be successful!!

======================
Hello Heather...i feel like i'm doing double duty since Lorraine isn't here yet...i think she said on the OCD that she was having something done about her car??

anyway, i think radio oughta categorize him as "AC" and just let him have his success in that format because i don't feel he'll ever get Top-40 airplay. It doesn't matter what he sings...it's more or less because it's CLAY AIKEN that'll stop him from getting on Top-40. But that's my opinion.

But again, with or without radio, Clay will find success. And here's how i look at it: the more that the critic's bitch and moan, the MORE success we know Clay is having!! Yes!

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2005, 06:31:46 AM »

GOOD MORNING DEANNA, AC, SUSAN, HEATER AND ALL OF MY EARLY MORNING BUDDIES.

I WAS ON EARLY BUT THERE WAS NO NEWS THEN BUT I CANNOT COMPLETE MY DAY WITHOUT COMING HERE.

INTERESTING FIGURES ON THE AGES THAT LOVE OUR CLAY.  IF ONLY RADIO WOULD LISTEN.  SPEAKING OF RADIO, HERE IN CT. I HAVE BEEN HEARING ADVERTISEMENTS FROM DIFFERENT ARTISTS TALKING ABOUT WHERE PEOPLE HAVE HEARD THEIR SONGS FIRST.  RADIO?  ISN'T THAT INTERESTING.

HOPE TO CHECK BACK LATER.  SUSAN SORRY YOU HAD TO GO TO WORK.  THE WEEKENDS ARE SHORT ENOUGH.
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2005, 06:39:37 AM »

HELLO EVERYONE,
THANKS FOR THE NEWS---I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDEFUL WEEKEND.

DEANNA, PAMEALA & SUSAN I APPRECIATE ALL YOUR DEDICATION TO THIS THREAD   .

ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2005, 08:03:04 AM »

AZCentral

'Lost' is top of the 'water-cooler' shows

Mark McGuire
Albany Times Union
Jan. 28, 2005 05:20 PM

There are Deadheads (the Grateful Dead), Dittoheads (Rush Limbaugh) and Cheeseheads (Green Bay Packers). There are Trekkies ("Star Trek") and Claymates (Clay Aiken) and even Fanilows (Barry Manilow).

No, I didn't make the last two up.

Now there are Lostaways.  

If you like LOST, the rest of the article is at the link above.

Lora-Ohio
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2005, 08:06:26 AM »

Reuters

Carson Was Generous Host to Musicians
Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:58 PM ET

But, if comedy pumped the heartbeat of Carson's "Tonight Show," music provided its soul, from the peppy opening theme written by Paul Anka through the swanky big-band filigree that opened and closed commercial breaks, with Doc Severinsen leading the orchestra for 25 of Carson's 30 years.

And then there were the musical guests.

Carson's "Tonight" did not provide as many stepladder moments for emerging musicians as it did for comics, but it did realize plenty of pop glory. Bette Midler, whose music was not often a ready fit for radio, expanded her base on Carson's stage. In 1987, he became the first talk-show host to interview Madonna, although she did not sing that night.

How often do musicians score couch time in today's late-night talk landscape? Letterman interviewed Harry Connick Jr. last year, and Leno has given panel time to Dion and Clay Aiken, but such moments are rare.

These are only snippets of the article. It was a really nice article if you'd like to read the rest!

Lora
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2005, 08:12:08 AM »

WVEC>COM

Article referring to Angela Fisher!!!!!

R&B group Az Yet feels its time is now ... again

January 28, 2005

By LORRIE IRBY / The Dallas Morning News

Under glaring studio lights, R&B quartet Az Yet explodes into crisp choreography, dancing in front of a green backdrop while harmonizing an up-tempo chorus:

InnerSoul's roster also features musician and solo artist Ter'rell Shahid and Pasadena, Calif.-based artist Angie Fisher, who just toured with American Idol's Clay Aiken. Both artists have also released EPs for the label, and they've recorded a saucy duet together called "Flavorhood."

"Their vision is to bring R&B back; real singing and real songs."

Please read the entire article at the link above!

Looks Like Angela is trying to Move on! Best of luck to them!!

Lora-Ohio
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2005, 08:22:14 AM »

Quiana Parlor

Since I referred to Angela- here is what Miss Quiana is up to:

A Charleston native, Quiana has been most recently recognized as one of the top 49 finalists in the  American Idol2 contest. She is currently on tour With Clay Aiken.   She has opened for such well-known jazz and R & B artists as Phil Perry, Alphonso Blackwell, Paul Taylor, Keith Sweat, Waymon Tisdale,  Mike Phillips, and Ann Nesby.  She can be seen currently here in Charleston as the featured vocalist at the new Vista Riverside Grill in downtown Charleston.  Local audiences also recognize Quiana as one of the original stars of The Serenade Show and the lead vocalist with “Brazil” at Mitchell’s on the Market.

In addition to performing, she is also the owner of “The Voice Box”, where she teaches voice to aspiring singers.

From her calendar:

Calendar - January 30, 2005
11:00 PM WILD WINGS ON THE MARKET
WWW.PLANEJANEROCKS.COM  

Calendar - February 4, 2005
10:00 PM FIRST FRIDAYS AT TOUCAN REEF IN CHARLESTON, SC
COME CHECK ME OUT FOR A SPECIAL EVENING OF R&B AND JAZZ.  

Calendar - February 11, 2005
10:00 PM QUIANA OPENS UP FOR PJ MORTIN
COME CHECK ME OUT AT THE WINDJAMMER ISLE OF PALMS SC. I WILL BE OPENING FOR A PHENOMINAL PERFORMER BY THE NAME OF PJ MORTIN. WWW.PJMORTINONLINE.COM  

Any of you lucky people living in the South able to support Quiana?? Tell her Hello from all of us Maniacs!!

Lora
edited about 18 times to fix the second "n" I insist is Quiana's name!!
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2005, 11:01:02 AM »

Quote from: heater

Susy, I hate that you have to work today!  I hope it goes quickly for you!

Morning Heather!!!

I hated that I had to work today too!

OY!

Now that I'm home I get to have fun!

YAY!

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2005, 12:31:22 PM »

Starlight Funcenters at Clay Aiken World.com

FUN CENTER #1 DONATED

The first hospital chosen to receive the very first Fun Center donated by the fans of Clay Aiken is the Batson Children's Hospital in Jackson, Mississippi.  The official dedication of this unit is scheduled for January 26, 2005 and will be dedicated by Diane Bubel.  We are truly thrilled to have Diane Bubel attend the official dedication.  To read more about this hospital please visit the below link.

http://www.umc.edu/healthcare/children.html

Read about other Fun Centers to be placed and future projects.

Lora
clays#1fan
UltimateFan

Clay's Speedracer

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2005, 02:59:48 PM »

Thanks for the news as always!!  

Joyce wave
Clay makes me happier than a kitten chasing a leaky cow!  
I love Clay more today, but not as much as tomorrow!
www.myspace.com/joyce1010
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx