gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:11:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 260
Total: 260

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FIRST CONCERT YOU HAVE ANY BEEN TO  (Read 8854 times)
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2005, 05:35:28 AM »

let me see...being a country fan...

my first concert was when i was 8 years old. i went to see George Jones with my grandparent's. I was a fan of his and am still a big fan today. That was in 1984.

after that, i've seen Mickey Gilley {1989}, Merle Haggard {1990}, Jerry Clower {1995}, Gene Watson {1998}, and lastly, Clay {2004}, when he came to Dayton last year. i'm not a big concert goer as you can see No! Laughing

ACcountryFan
~Jerry~

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2005, 08:33:13 AM »

My first concert?? Well, I was never a concert goer until Clay..but I  have seen some performers at fairs.

My first was Mr. Mister..yep, of Kyrie.

I later saw Air Supply, Chicago, Beach Boys(about 10 yrs ago), Roy Clark (Country funny man!!)  and then our Clay.

Mr. Mister had a fan blowing during a lot of the songs and his long coat would "fly" out during times that it was approriate. It was very neat for me. I was sheltered (Honestly!) as a kid! It wasn't until I met my husband that I attended any of these.

I would love to still see Styx, Reo Speedwagon, Whitesnake, DEF LEPPARD!!, Poison, or Boston from "younger years!"

Lora
aikenheart
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2005, 07:22:24 PM »

My first concert was Michael Bolton, he was awesome! Then Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, and an outdoor summer concert thing with several artists. I think John Michael Montgomery was the headliner, but the artist that stood out for me and did a fabulous job was Kevin Sharp. Then, of course, I have only seen Clay nine times. One AI (Charlotte), three Independent, four NATs and only one Joyful Noise. I need some more Clay concerts don't you think? I think maybe we all do!!
claydevotee
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2005, 07:36:49 PM »

I have only seen Clay nine times.

AIKENHEART, 1 year ago I would have been puzzled by that statement.  Now I'm feeling sad that you've only been to" only" 9 concerts!!!!   :duh  What has Clay done to us???? shocking
aikenheart
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2005, 07:44:06 PM »

I don't know what he's done to us, but I want some more of it!! And soon!!
quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2005, 08:30:38 PM »

My first REAL concert was Whitney Houston, at the beginning of her career.  I thought I was so cool to be in the audience, listening to a diva.  She sounded very good live.

Many years before that I saw........K. C. and the Sunshine Band at Disney World, so I don't really count that as a concert, but I thought it was awesome.

lovinclay wrote:  
MY FIRST CONCERT......GOD, NO ONE IS GOING TO KNOW THESE GUYS......WAS DINO, DESI, AND BILLY.

Micki, you are right, I don't know who they are.  Was it a local group?

"You're a mystery. You have your own look. There is something very magical about your look and your voice is so pure." --Gladys Knight--
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2005, 08:46:16 PM »

quynn,

I will answer about Dino, Desi, and Billy.  Dino was Dean Martin, Jr, now desceased, Desi is Desi Arnaz, Jr. and Billy was their friend.  They had a rock band and I believe Dean Martin had them perform on his TV show a few times.

I don't remember my first concert.  I have been going to symphony concerts "forever" and have seen in  concerts and pop concerts:

Liberace
Victor Borge
Beverly Sills
Johnny Mathis
Neil Diamond
Van Cliburn
Pete Fountain
Al Hirt
Isaac Stern
Joshua Bell
Dave Brubeck
Yo'Yo Ma  (I just saw the article about him in PARADE today, and I remembered I saw the cellist a few months ago.)

I never saw the Beatles, but I loved them and their music.
Clay is the only artist I have seen multiple times (7).

Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2005, 08:46:34 PM »

OMG, JILL.  HOW CUTE.  WELL, DESI WAS LUCILLE BALL AND DESI ARNAZ'S SON.  DINO WAS DEAN MARTIN''S SON.  AND I FORGET WHO BILLY IS.  NOT LOCAL AT ALL.  THEY DIDN'T LAST LIKE THEIR PARENTS DID.  NOW, THAT SHOWS YOU HOW OLD I AM.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2005, 12:15:03 PM »

Quote from: claydevotee
I have only seen Clay nine times.

AIKENHEART, 1 year ago I would have been puzzled by that statement.  Now I'm feeling sad that you've only been to" only" 9 concerts!!!!   :duh  What has Clay done to us???? shocking

LOL!  And here I was thinking how lucky I am to have seen him twice!

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

InAweOfClay
UltimateFan

Forever a Fan

« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2005, 12:56:13 PM »

What I remember most about my FIRST concert was NOT the music. It was Stan Kenton and his band.    And none of you are old enough to remember him! However, what I remember is that I wore my first pair of spike heeels and a sheath dress and my date had a backstage pass and knew all of the band. About the time he introduced me to Stan Kenton, I turned my ankle in those spike heels and fell into him. Talk about embarrassed!  blush Everyone laughed and my date was furious with me. Oh well, it's a funny memory. And the date? What a loser. If you can't laugh at yourself or laugh with your date, who you gonna laugh at?

Now my LAST concert was the JNT and I remember every minute of that!!!

And the NEXTconcert will be whatever OMC does for us.
hotwaxonclay
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2005, 02:39:20 PM »

my first concert...well when i was like 6 or something i saw the last few minutes of new kids on the block...then when i was around 12 i saw chciago...then i saw backstreet boys! woo that waas my first real fun concert lol. then i saw otwon...then the idols live!!! and then jnt...and i've been to a few orchestra concerts and those are fun!
but i rememebr most of the things from the cocnerts i've been to...esp jnt
Beth
Enthusiastic

« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2005, 10:07:53 AM »

I can't believe that I've never seen this thread before! 

My very first concert was Sonny and Cher.  I was 4 years old.   I went with my parents.

My very first concert that I chose was to see Rick Springfield.  Super Happy!!! I was in 8th grade.

I've seen:

Richard Marx 5x
Clay Aiken 3x
Janet Jackson 3x
Michael Jackson 3x
INXS 1x
Phil Collins 1x
PETRA 1x
Donny Osmond 1x
Marc Anthony 1x
Whitney Houston 1x

Oh, can't you see it baby; You've got me goin' Crazy
Wherever you go; Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you

*Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game!
Claymaniac113078
Enthusiastic

Forever Starstruck

« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2005, 07:05:30 PM »

GREAT topic!!!!

My first (any my second) concerts were Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard of Oz

I've seen so many concerts I know I can't remember them all.....here's what I CAN remember:

Donny Osmond (I was a BIG Donny fan too.....remember those PURPLE socks!!!) Laughing
Marie Osmond
Triumph
Heart
Blue Oyster Cult
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Kiss (2x)
Aerosmith (2x)
Ted Nugent
Def Leppard (They were a warm-up band for Ozzy...Joe Elliot was the oldest...he was 16!!)
Black Sabbath
Julio Iglesias
Kelly Clarkson
Clay Aiken (9x)

Maybe love requires walking through the fire to set me free so I can rise up from the ashes ~Clay Aiken

"Hi Cindy, this is Clay Aiken....Happy Valentine's Day!"  I will NEVER be the same!!
shannshark
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2005, 11:23:38 AM »

My first concert was Clay's Independent tour.    Back when I was younger My parents couldn't afford to take me We have a big family their moto was If one can't go no one goes so I never went ,but I am glad because my daughter and I shared our first concert together            Shannon  Super Happy!!!
Clayhottiefan007
Enthusiastic

Brett and Clay's Lil Freshman College TCC Girl!!!

« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2005, 09:40:23 AM »

My very first concert waz when i waz turning 13 and my dad took me 2 the JUSTIFIED/STRIPPED Tour! I saw JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE,CHRISTINA AGUILERA, and special guest THE BLACK EYED PEAS!!!!

MY SECOND I WANT IT 2 B THE JOYFUL NOISE TOUR II BUT THATS IF HE COMES or AVRIL LAVINGE!!!!!

love clayer

kat Huggles

Kat. Huggles
DHS Class of '09
In loving memory of Debi <3
Got Clayed on 7/7/07 in Tulsa
TCC Class of '12
Be Smart and be ABOVE THE INFLUENCE and NOT UNDER
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to: